Intertwined | ✓

De AlwaysLostInWords

What do you do, when the guy you love, refuses to love you back? Well in Raina's case, it leaves her extreme... Mai multe

Author's Note
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |

| 18 | - Last Chapter

5.4K 176 37
De AlwaysLostInWords

Throughout Raina's recovery, Damon tried to always be by her side. He meant it when he said he wasn't letting her go, however Raina needed him to go away, to college. She felt bad that he was falling behind because of her.

Damon was already staying at home for Ariel when their parents were away, but they soon returned home, and he continued to stay for her. Although he'd already explained to the college officials about his situation and they were sympathetic. Raina wasn't.

Lucky for Damon, he was smart. Incredibly smart. A fact that Raina didn't really know until very recently.

Damon was able to complete his assignments online, and go to college just to sit his exams, which he also passed. No one had any idea when he even worked or studied.

It took a while for Raina to completely recover from her injuries, especially the broken leg.

She was really annoyed that at the beginning but she was enjoying being pushed around on a wheelchair, since it saved her the effort of walking, but the real pain were the crutches. Raina grew tired of not be able to do simple things, like walking on her own.

This was why months later, when she was told by the doctors she was completely healthy now, Raina was ecstatic and decided to invite everyone over to hers.

***

Ariel stood in the kitchen, by the counter as Kayden walked through with a sulky face.

"Your brother is scaring me," Kayden groaned.

She looked up at him as soon as she heard his voice. She wanted to giggle at his words but instead held herself back.

"Why?" She asked him.

As far as she knew, Damon and Kayden were getting along. They may not be best friends, but they were at least civil.

She would occasionally catch Damon staring daggers at her boyfriend, but she could live with that, as long as he wasn't throwing actual daggers at Kayden.

Kayden gave her a look of disbelief. "Have you seen him?" He questioned her. "He's sitting in that armchair, burning a hole in my head. I swear, if my head explodes I won't be surprised," he mumbled and this time Ariel couldn't hold back her giggle.

"You need to relax, he's not going to do anything," Ariel told him, dismissing his worries.

"To you maybe," Kayden said and Ariel looked at him amused. "Looks can kill, babe," he then added.

Ariel shook her head. "Would you relax? We're all here to watch a movie to celebrate Raina getting a clear bill of health. He won't do anything, especially with Raina here," she mentioned.

Kayden's tense posture seemed to unwind after her words. "She's like my guardian angel," he then said.

Ariel turned to him, with a slight pout. "I thought I was your angel," she asked Kayden.

He then turned to her and look at her with a slight guilty expression. "You are-," he started to say, "But babe, she literally held him back when he tried to run after me, when he found me in your room," he added.

One afternoon, Ariel had the house to herself and Kayden had come over at that same time.
They weren't doing anything, only innocently watching a movie. However, they were doing this whilst laying on Ariel's bed, with Kayden spooning her from behind.

They didn't count on Damon and Raina coming home in that same moment.

Damon saw red, seeing Kayden on Ariel's bed, and Raina had to jump onto Damon's back to try and keep him back from hurting Kayden, whilst he ran for his life. Quite literally.

The memory caused Ariel to laugh once more. "I've never seen you run that fast," she noted.

Kayden then snorted. "I've never felt like the devil was hot on my heels."

Ariel smacked his chest slightly. "Hey, that's my brother you're talking about," she frowned at him.

She felt the same protectiveness that Damon felt for her, and wouldn't let anyone say anything bad about him.

"Okay fine," he then sighed.

Ariel started to prepare the snacks for when they would start the movie, grabbing a bowl, some Doritos and sweets.

She was still stood by the counter, when Ariel felt arms come around her waist, causing her to stiffen slightly at the action.

"W-what are you doing?" She asked him. Her voice slightly wavering, as she shivered at his touch.

Kayden loved that even after being with Ariel for months now, every time he touched her or came near her, her body would act as if it were the first time. He adored the way she was so shy and nervous, it only made him fall for her more. He didn't need a confident, outspoken or loud girl, he just needed Ariel. She was enough.

"I'm just grabbing the popcorn," Kayden innocently shrugged, as Ariel turned around.

His hands were placed against the counter, effectively caging Ariel as she turned around.

"And you can't just go around me?" She asked with a raised brow. Despite sounding confident, the deep blush on her face gave away her nervousness.

Kayden then grinned. "It's more fun this way," he said playfully.

Ariel narrowed her eyes, but a smile formed across her lips. "Oh really?" She asked, placing her arms around his waist.

He then lowered his head down towards hers.

"Really," he whispered, before crashing his lips onto hers.

Before the kiss went any further, the familiar sound of someone clearing their throat, had the two pulling away from each other in a flash.

"Your hands better be off my sister, Kayden," Damon growled by the threshold of the door and then his footsteps went away.

Kayden dropped his head down onto Ariel's shoulder as she giggled, her face now beet red.

"He's gonna kill me," Kayden mumbled and Ariel didn't want to say that may in fact be true, so instead she shook her head.

"Let's just go in the living room," she said, and Kayden agreed.

***

An unhappy Damon walked into Raina's room, closing the door behind him and then leaning against it.

Raina was standing in front of her mirror and then turned hearing her door open.

"Hi," she smiled but then quickly frowned when she noticed the look on Damon's face. "You alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, just passed that little shit in the kitchen, with his hands and mouth on my little sister," Damon grumbled.

He was really trying to be civil for Ariel, but that didn't mean he liked to see his little sister being groped like that. It took everything in him not to throw Kayden away from her, but knowing how that would upset Ariel, he stopped himself. Instead he'd just make his presence known so they could just get away from each other, at least in front of him.

Raina just smiled and turned back towards the mirror. "Relax Damon. He loves and cares for her. He's a good guy," she told him.

Damon just rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

He then walked towards Raina's bed, taking a seat.

"At some point you're going to have to get along with him. I don't have the energy to hold you back, every time you want to run after Kayden," she then said.

It just amused Raina how Damon's patience was constantly being tested when around Ariel and Kayden.

There were multiple times when she'd have to calm him down or physically hold him back. She knew he was trying to be a good older brother and trying to hold back that protective side, but it was hard for him.

"I only tolerate him for yours and Ariel's sake," Damon then muttered.

His gaze was focused onto Raina who was still getting ready, and his eyes darkened when they took in her appearance.

She wore a pair of shorts and his t-shirt, which looked oversized on her. There wasn't anything fancy about what she wore but it was enough to make Damon think she looked absolutely beautiful.

Raina was oblivious to his stare as she finished putting on her mascara. "And we appreciate it," she replied.

At her words, Damon smirked, and got off the bed to walked towards her. "Oh yeah? How much?" He asked.

Raina lifted her eyes up to the reflection in the mirror, to see Damon stalking towards her, his eyes filled with lust.

She rolled her eyes. "Not that much."

Damon ignored her words and instead wrapped his arms around Raina's waist, leaning his head down to the crook of her neck and started placing a trail of kisses.

The action had Raina moving further back into him, closing her eyes and leaning her head more to the side, allowing Damon more access. Her body's instinctive reaction to his touch.

"God, you're so damn beautiful, baby," Damon whispered against her skin as he squeezed her waist tighter, tugging her more closer towards him and placed open mouth kisses on her neck.

Raina could barely breathe at this point and just managed to say, "I know."

Damon wanted to shake his head at her smug response, but liked where his lips were currently placed.

"Are you wearing this just to tease me?" He asked, as he tugged at the t-shirt she had on. His t-shirt.

Raina opened her eyes, and looked at their reflection in the mirror as did Damon. "Maybe," she whispered. "What are you going to do about it?" She then smirked.

"I'll just have to take it off you," Damon replied, his voice turning to a huskier tone.

Raina didn't even have a chance to reply before the t-shirt was pulled over her head and thrown to the floor, revealing her lacy red bra. Damon's favourite. Who clearly noticed, and let out a sound of approval.

She turned around in his hold and Damon began to move her backwards towards her bed, his eyes now hooded.

The back of her legs hit the bed, as Damon gently lowered her down onto the mattress, one hand placed at her back whilst the other roamed over her body.

"There are people downstairs, including your sister. Behave yourself," she told him, as he hovered over her, however the wicked smile he had on his face made Raina want him to do anything, but stop.

"Then we'll just have to be quick and quiet," Damon replied, his voice now sounding raspy, as he began trailing kisses down Raina's jaw, neck and then further down.

Raina's back arched in response to his actions.

"You can't be quick," she told him, her breathing quickening.

Damon then looked up at Raina with a smug face. "Well then we're even, because you can't be quiet," he replied.

Raina narrowed her eyes at Damon, and then tried to push him away. "I hate you," she grumbled.

He then caught her wrists, straddling her body beneath him. "And I love you so much," he responded, leaning down for a passionate kiss.

***

Downstairs in the living room, Rue and James were trying browse through Netflix, trying to find something to watch.

The task was proving a lot harder, since the two couldn't agree on anything.

"We're not watching that," James stated.

Rue turned to look at him with an exasperated look. "Why?" She asked him, growing tired of his constant refusal.

"It's too girly," James replied and Rue scrunched up her face. "How?"

James then shrugged. "It just is," he said.

Rue looked at James with an angry expression. "You just want to watch a movie you'll like, so you've been rejecting whatever I choose."

Hearing her words, which were most definitely true, James just looked at her with an expression of mock hurt. "Not true. I said yes to one," he said.

He was pointing to the tv, that displayed a rather steamy movie. Not one to watch in a group of friends.

Rue then rolled her eyes. "We're not watching that one, so you can forget about that," she said and turned back to look at the tv.

James then dramatically fell back, leaning against the sofa whilst sat on the floor. "You're no fun," he muttered.

The sound of Rue snorting had James look at her.

"That's not what you said last night," she reminded him.

It took a long time for Rue to agree to take the next step with James. She knew by now that he did in fact care for her and she did the same, but felt like something was holding her back from taking that step in the relationship.

James respected her decision and never forced her to do anything. Instead, he let her take charge when it came to doing anything physical, since he'd rather her be comfortable than feel pressured. When they finally committed to one another, it was definitely worth the wait for the both of them.

Feeling an idea pop into his head, James leaned towards Rue. "You're right. Maybe I need a little reminder," he said.

Rue turned him, recognising the look on his face. "Do you now?" She asked.

Instead of leaning back, Rue leaned closer to James and moved herself to straddle him, his back resting against the bottom sofa, as he gripped her hips and she held his shoulders.

"I think so. Just a little reminder," James told her, moving his hands underneath her t-shirt and caressing her back.

"Maybe I should help jog your memory then," Rue whispered, moving closer to him as she placed her hands around the nape of his neck, to pull him closer.

"I think you should," James mumbled, before placing his lips onto hers.

James held Rue close to him, her chest against his, as he began to deepen the kiss, his hands moving back down to her waist and squeezing.

Rue's body seemed to have a mind of its own as she began to grind her hips against his, which caused James to release a deep noise from within his throat.

Before things could go any further, something gasping had the two pull away from each other.

Looking towards the doorway, Rue and James looked to see Raina and Damon standing there with a shocked look on their faces.

"Seriously?" Raina exclaimed, looking at her friends in disbelief, as they were about to go at it in her living room. "You're going to do it on my carpet," She asked, whilst Damon kept silent.

Rue, who now had a deep blush on her face, shook her head. "No, we weren't," she denied.

James looked at her with a frown. "We weren't?" He asked her.

"No!" Rue shouted, and moved away from James.

"Weren't, what?" Ariel asked, as Kayden and her now walked into the living room to see a flustered Rue, a pouting James, a grossed out Raina and an amused Damon.

Raina then shook her head. "Keep it in your pants, lover boy. At least till you're out of my house," she said.

She knew it was probably hypocritical of her to be saying that, especially when Damon and her were completing a not-so-innocent act upstairs. But that was in her own bed, and they didn't need to know that.

"And out of my sight," Damon then said, and Raina looked at him, her eyes saying, 'you can't keep it in your pants, but tell others', to which he just smirked.

James then looked at Raina. "Is it mandatory to be here?" He asked.

Kayden looked on with amusement. "You were seriously going to do it on Raina's carpet?" He asked, grabbing some popcorn.

James narrowed his eyes at Kayden. "Like you weren't getting it on in her kitchen," he stated.

If he was going down, he was most definitely not going alone.

Kayden choked on the popcorn, whilst Ariel went red-faced and Raina looked on in disbelief.

"You what!?" Damon yelled.

Raina shook her head. "Seriously? Where my food is made? Not cool," she said.

Damon then looked at Ariel, and his eye-widened and then glared back at Kayden. "Did you give my sister a hickey?" He asked in a calm voice, but filled with anger.

Placing her head in her hand, Raina sighed. "Oh no," she muttered.

James watched the interaction with a wide smile on his face.

Kayden looked frightened. "Um no, that...she fell?" He said, but instead it came out as a question.

"On your lips?" Rue snorted.

Ariel's head snapped towards her. "Rue!" She shouted.

"I'm gonna kill you," Damon stated, taking a menacing step forward.

"Oh man," Kayden replied, moving behind Ariel.

He wasn't proud that he was using his girlfriend as a human shield, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

Raina then stepped in-between the two, placing her hand on Damon's chest and Kayden silently thanked her.

"No one is killing anyone, okay?" She said sternly, looking at Damon, who stared down at her and then finally nodded. "I'm finally all better and all I want, is to watch a movie with with my friends and boyfriend. So can we do that, please?" She asked.

Everyone replied in agreement.

"Thank you," she smiled.

They all took their places in front of the tv, with Raina moving Damon to the furthest place from Kayden, which was the armchair. Raina then sat over Damon's lap, with her legs hanging off the armrest.

"Hands where I can see them," Damon warned Kayden.

"Does that count for you too?" He blurted out, before his mind could even register what he said and everyone looked shocked, whilst Raina laughed.

Before Damon could reach out and kill Kayden as everyone believed he would, the sound of the front door opening caught everyone's attention.

"Hey, Guys," Tyler greeted everyone with a smile as he walked into the room, oblivious to the tension within it.

"So what did I miss?" He asked plopping down onto the floor and everyone looked at him and then each other, before bursting out with laughter. Everyone, but Damon, who only smiled when looking at Raina laughing.

Rue then put on the movie and they spent their day chilling with each other.

Everything was good.

***

So that's all folks.

I knew I wanted this to be a short story from start, hence the short amount of chapters. However, they did each contain quite a few words, which I hope made up for it.

I will most likely include Bonus Chaptersb, especially for Rue and James, because I know now how the ones I did write, magically disappeared. So, come back every now and then to check up on this book, if you want to see if there are extra chapters.

Hope you enjoyed this story, as much as I did.

Bye for now x

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

63.5K 1.3K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...
929K 25.2K 60
"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to see me like this. I'm a wreck. Wyatt does...
Enemy 000 De madeline

Ficțiune adolescenți

4.2M 87.2K 46
In our lives, we tend to say or do things that bring us regrets. Our decisions can be instant, and those are the worst, most terrible ones. So what w...
Addicted [BoyxBoy] De Caleb Hale

Ficțiune adolescenți

8.8K 338 24
Bobby is straight. I'm gay. This should be simple. Why, then, is it so complicated? ***** Caleb hated the fact that he was falling for his best frien...