Squatting In New Orleans

De JWIGGYTHELOON

Luke had drifted throughout much of America. After going home to Wisconsin he decides to hitch hike to New Or... Mais

The Gypsy Bandit
An Owl Feather And A Spell
The Squat
A Man Eating Rat
Crowned To Be The Squat Leader

An Old Gunslinging Black Man

7 0 0
De JWIGGYTHELOON

Time went on, and the number of kids squatting in the squat Robo, and Luke opened had grown to well over 40. Joker decided to open the mansion to deal with the overflow. Both squats had secret rooms now built into them along with secret entrance ways incase the police showed up. Which on occasion they would, looking for runaways.

Having that many kids all living on the streets together made it hard for Luke to spare change. There were just plain to many other kids to compete with now while out on the scene. He needed a new gig, and he needed it real bad. You see by now Luke was damn near starving to death, and living off of donuts a convenience store called the Circle K threw away. Then a turn of events had taken place. It all started the night Luke met an old gunslinging black man, named Stanley.

"I'm here to take your money kid, because you know I can?!" "Right?!" Stanley said while holding a chrome revolver to Luke's head.

"Hold on mister, your robbing the wrong guy; look at my duct tapped boots, and these rags I wear." "All I have in my pocket is two dollars, and a whole lot of sand." "Your welcome to it, and believe me when I say I wish it were a grand, I could place in your hand." "I'm no better than you, except I'd rather beg for my bread than steal, on top of that I never know where I'm gonna get my next meal." Luke thought quick to say, as Stanley fell to his knees, to cry and pray.

A moment went buy leaving Luke not knowing what to do. Then the old gunslinger jumped to his feet, and over Luke he began to veer. He looked Luke dead in the eye, and asked, "Tell me boy, why do we always see black on black crime, and never any white on white?" Luke thought quick to say, "We do see white on white crime only it's brought about under a different light." "White people kill each other slowly while hiding behind a smile." "Their not so upfront or blunt when it comes to breaking the law against one another." "A white man would rather steal his brothers wife, then take his life, in order to torture the mans mind, body, and soul, without the law gaining any form of control." What Luke had to say captured Stanley's attention, and for a white guy Stanley decided Luke was o.k.

"So tell me, what's your name white boy?" Stanley asks with a half a shit eating grin on his face.

"My names Luke, the other kids around here call me Duke, you can call me either or if you like."

"Well cool hand Luke The Duke, tonight you got lucky." "You know I've shot, and killed folks for less then the two dollars you got, right here at this very spot your standing." "By the grace of God I just plain didn't feel like shooting anyone tonight, even though I held you up at gun point." Stanley said, now hiding his gun in his pants, making Luke feel a little more comfortable. The two of them were standing on a path that ran down the middle of Esplanade boulevard right out front of the squat. Luke nearly lost his breath as Stanley confessed to him about shooting others dead in the very spot in which they stood. He then said to Stanley, "Thanks for sparring my life, is there anything I can do for you outside the realm of giving you my last two bucks?"

Stanley was quick to reply "Well yes there is, I could use a partner while I go do my rounds."

"What do I have to do on your rounds?"

"I need you to help me do some thieving at a motel up the road." "But first things first, we gotta strong arm us some cigarettes at the gas station on the corner over there." Stanley points to the gas station then the two of them walk up to it.

"Hay how about a pack of Newport's on the house." Stanley said to the clerk sitting behind bullet proof glass.

"Sorry no cigarettes without paying first." The Clerk says sounding a little nervous.

Then Stanley pulled out his gun, and began tapping it on the glass while saying, "I know when your shift ends, you better give me the newports now, rather than deal with me later." The clerk became even more nervous, and began fluttering around inside the gas station.

"You better do it, he's not joking around, he'll be back just as soon as your shift ends to put a bullet in your head, you can believe that." Luke said, scarring the clerk into sliding two packs of Newports under the door. Stanley was quick to swipe to two packs of butts up off the ground then went on to ask Luke if he wanted one. Luke took a cig then the two of them headed off for the motel to do some thieving.

"Did you see the look on that clerks face Luke The Duke, he was petrified when he saw my gun." "Then when you told him I meant business he got all flustered, and couldn't help but to give us the smokes." "We'll do great together as a team." Stanley said while laughing over the incident they had just created.

"So when we go to the motel, what is it exactly are we gonna be stealing?"

"We're gonna be stealing luggage, I know of places that will buy clothes, jewelry, and what not." "I'll go in and create a distraction while you run out with the bags containing the goods." "Then we'll meet up the street, and around the corner a ways."

The two of them did just that, and made off with a fair amount of luggage. They then carried it all back to Stanley's crib which just so happened to be right next door to the squat.

"Wow, you live right next door to where I squat with about 50 other kids around my age."

"I often wonder what goes on in the buildings next door." "I tend to think there's a lot of drugs going down, and partying through the wee hours of the night." "Am I right?"

"There's a lot of partying that goes on over there, but very little drug action believe it or not." "Most the kids that squat next door can't afford a drug habit, and the ones that can keep it to themselves." "If you ever want to stop by to party I can get you in the place safely, and with no questions asked."

"Well kid, I got one more spot to stop at, your welcome to come along if you like."

"Where's it at, and what are we gonna be doing when we get there?"

"We're headed to the dope mans house to get us some heroin if you feel up to it."

"No, I'm gonna call it a night, I don't shoot dope or do hard drugs." "You go right ahead though, have your fun, maybe I'll see you tomorrow, and go on your rounds with you again."

"I'll tell you what Luke The Duke, I like yah, and you know what I'm gonna do for you?" "I'm gonna have my wife fix you a plate of some genuine home cooked soul food, for the job you did tonight with me." "Just stop by noon tomorrow, and it'll be waiting for you on the front porch."

Luke went to bed for the night, and awoke around noon the next day. Feeling the pains of an empty stomach he walked next door to Stanley's place. Low and behold there sat a nice warm plate of soul food. Luke ate it up then knocked on Stanley's door. A huge scary looking black woman answered taking Luke by surprise.

"Hello there Miss or misses rather, I'm looking for the man of the house." Luke said to the big old black woman, not ever catching Stanley's name, the night before.

"You must be that white boy my Stanley's been talking about." "He says you've been sent to him from above, and your meant to score big with him." "Is that true young man?" The Big Old Black woman said looking Luke up, and down eyeballing his potential.

"Well I suppose it could be so, but for now I just wanted to thank both you for this meal you left me out on the porch."

"I'll tell you what young man, if you go out on Stanley's rounds with him every night there will be plenty of more soul food where that came from." "I promise you that." "Now let me holler to Stanley for you." "Stanley that nice young white boy from last night is at the door looking for you!" The big old black woman all said, hoping her cooking was good enough to lure Luke into Stanley's life of crime. Then Stanley came to the door.

"What's up Luke The Duke, did you eat that food Margie left for you?"

"I sure did, and not only that I finally caught your name, it's Stanley."

"Yeah you can call me Stan for short, in this neighborhood I'm known as Stan the man." "If I can't do it then no man can." "So are you gonna go with me on my rounds again tonight?" "I sure could use a partner."

"I'll do it Stan, but your gonna have to give me more than just a plate of food, I want a little cash in my pocket by the next day, you o.k. with that?"

"How much cash we looking at Luke The Duke?"

"I want at least twenty bucks tops for lending you my services, and making sure we don't get caught."

"Twenty bucks and a meal!?"

"Yep, you do that for me, and I'm yours every night from here on out."

"You got yourself a deal Luke The Duke, be back here an hour after nightfall so we can get an early start."

Luke went out thieving with Stanley night after night, living up to his end of the deal. The meal he was fed everyday at noon just kept getting better, and better, Luke used the twenty dollars he made each day to fund his marijuana habit. He told only a small select few of the kids staying in the squat of his where about's every night, and never shared a meal.

Stanley, and Luke grew a real tight bond between each other . Luke was trusted by Stanley to do just about anything he asked when it came to robbing motels, hotels, and gas stations. This made Stanley feel superior to Luke at times, as he would shout out his demands, and overwhelm him with his commands. Luke seldom said no to whatever Stanley asked in fear of being shot. Stanley was always quick to go on a power trip by waving his gun in Luke's face. Luke took it all in stride knowing without Stanley he'd more than likely starve, and have no marijuana to medicate his mental anguish, and pain due to living in the New Orleans gutter.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
479K 1.5K 47
🔞🔞🔞 warning sex!! you can cancel if you don't like it.This is only for the guys who have sensitive desire in sex.🔞🔞
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...