The Stepbrother

De ThePerfectUgly

Jade hates her new stepbrother, Zach. Things start to turn for the worst when she suddenly becomes attracted... Mais

Confrontations
Deception
Coworkers
He Doesn't Like Me, He Likes Me...Duh
Museums Can be Fun
What a Yummy Mess (Part A)
What a Yummy Mess (Part B)
A Plan Is Born
Going Off Topic
An Agreement...Sort Of!?
Road Trip!
Dreams,Questions and Secrets
Truth Be Told
No Interruptions
Meet the Dysfunctional(s)
Thanksgivings Day
Trouble's A Foot
Oh Hell
Nothing More
Time for Us
He Didn't Just Say That
We're Okay
Winter Vacation
Are We There Yet?
Sleeping Arrangements
What a Night
Christmas Eve Part 2

Christmas Eve Part 1

364 6 0
De ThePerfectUgly

"Wake up," Jade whispered gently in Zach's ear. She had taken a shower, but before she did she thought she already woken Zach's sleepy form. When she returned though, to her dismay, he was still laying face down on the pillow still. When he didn't move this time she gave him a light pinch on his shoulder, which caused him to stir.

"What?" Zach moaned in his pillow and flipped to his side.

Jade smiled and began to tousle his hair with her fingers. When she heard him give a slight growl out of approval she started to give his scalp a gentle massage.

"That feels really good," Zach said.

Jade smirked and grabbed a handful of Zach's hair and yanked him, so that he could look at her.

"Ow, now that hurts," Zach grumbled out of pain.

"You have to get up," Jade said while giving his hair another tug. When she saw him grimace a bit at the jester she couldn't help but show a slight smirk. A crease played on his face that started from the corner of his nose and curved its way to the corner of his eye. Zach always seemed to make that face when he was a bit peeved or when he was being frustrated, irritated...or disgusted. Jade's smirk turned to a wide toothed grin when she could place that silly crease with more than one of his emotions. It made her feel as if she were meant to know every one of his expression, no matter how horribly vivid or overly gentle they were.

"Are you always violent in the mornings?" Zach asked curiously.

"No, only towards you," Jade laughed and let go of his hair. She quickly stood up when his arms dared to incase her forever in an embrace. "You were suppose to have been up a while ago, lazy."

Zach sat up and stretched. "I knew I felt someone attack me this morning," he smiled while commenting on Jade's harsh shoving and pushing earlier.

"That was a sign for you to wake your lazy ass up," Jade commented. She scoffed when he laid his head back on his pillow. "Come on Zach, Liv wanted us to wake up and get dressed. Apparently, they aren't up just yet so we have to wake them up. I don't want to be responsible for ruining Olivia's trip just yet." She walked over to her side of the bed and grabbed one of the white pillows. When Zach didn't even make a move with one hard swing, Jade hit him with the pillow. Not only didn't she do it once, but a couple of times.

"Ok, ok, ok. I'm up, I'm up, I'm up," Zach groaned and jumped out of bed.

Jade threw the pillow, which was in her hand, back to where it was on the bed. She smiled out of accomplishment.

"Good," Jade said. She watched Zach lazily grab a bag from under the TV and head to the bathroom. "I'm going to wake up the happy couple that's across the room now. When I get back you better be ready."

"Yes malady," Zach chuckled as he entered the bathroom.

When the bathroom door shut, Jade looked down at the disheveled bed deciding to leave it as it was for the minute. With a stretch and a yawn she looked around to catch the sight of a book laying on top of Zach's things. She merrily walked over to it and noticed it had a purple color and it was laying on it's front side. Looking at the bathroom door she picked the book up to read the title, "Forbidden Love", but the title wasn't what caught her off guard it was who it was by. Zach Harris!

"Give me that," Zach said while jerking the book out of her hand swiftly.

Jade spun around. "I thought you weren't done with your book yet. Not only that, but it's been published already?" she said reaching out to grab the book again.

"Yes, but it hits the stores in two weeks," he said and backed closer to the bathroom.

Jade smiled playfully. "Well why can't you let me read it."

"No!" Zach said when she reached for the book again.

"Why not?"

"You just can't Jade, but I will let you check it out tomorrow. It was suppose to be your Christmas gift, which I never got to wrap," Zach explained.

Jade brought her hands to her mouth in awe. "I am so sorry. I didn't know."

"It's ok, but now you're going to have to act as though you didn't see it," he said with a smile and went into the bathroom with the book in his hand.

Jade smiled back. "I will. I'm sorry again though baby. You know I love you."

"I love you too. Now, let me take my shower in peace," Zach said with a laugh and quickly closed the bathroom door. Jade shrugged, but still her smile stayed plastered on her face. Zach had gotten her something else for Christmas? She loved the idea of him getting her something else, but why was he being so secretive? Once out of the bedroom she started towards the bedroom across from her own.

"Hey, I was just about to wake you up," Olivia said from the kitchen. She was in the process of taking off some oven mittens and placing them on top of the sink. She was wearing a white jeans and a white turtleneck sweater, which hugged her body wonderfully.

"I as just about to do the same," Jade smiled. She made herself into the kitchen and over to the oven where Olivia was hovering over. She caught a whiff of something and looked down at the stove. "Oh what smells so good?"

"I'm making some bacon," Olivia answered.

"You...making bacon I can't believe it."

Olivia made a pout. "I can cook you know?"

"That's unbelievable," Jade laughed and placed her hand atop the counter to hold herself up. "If you say you are indeed cooking then what are you making for breakfast."

Olivia smiled and moved to sit down on the chair by the table. "I thought you would never ask. Breakfast will consist of bacon, eggs, croissants and a side of cut fruit." When Olivia finished her with that statement Jade gave her an apprehensive glare. This couldn't possibly be her Olivia.

"Your going to make all that," Jade said while crossing her arms. "Please do note the hint of sarcasm behind my words."

Olivia giggled and waved her hand. "Of course I'm not making all of that by myself." There was her Olivia.

"Who's the lucky bastard?"

"Why you of course," Olivia laughed.

Jade rolled her eyes. "I should have seen that coming. So, what am I making?" she asked.

"Why you'll be making the eggs, croissants, and cutting the fruit."

"Liv, that's everything," Jade commented.

"Not its not. I'm making the bacon," Olivia continued to laugh. Jade on the other hand turned around to the sink to wash her hands.

Jade smiled and looked out the window at the ocean. "Don't scare me like that Liv. I really thought you turned housewife on me."

"Me, a housewife I doubt I can do that. Besides, the world's favorite cook is here," Olivia mentioned.

"I'm not even a cook Liv, so how can I be the world's favorite?"

"You will be one day. You make the best damn eggs on the planet and that's a compliment when half the generation can't eat anyone else's, except for their own."

Jade stifled a laugh and walked over to the fridge and took out some eggs, fruit, and a Pillsbury croissant roll can. With the greatest of care she popped open the can and rolled up all the little cutouts in the can and placed them in the oven, with the bacon. She joined Olivia at the table to begin cutting up the fruit that she grabbed out of the fridge. She began and noticed that Olivia was engrossed in watching her.

"Don't act like you never seen Rosita cut up anything," Jade said. Rosita was the Parker's maid around the house, actually she was more of a mother and father to Olivia then either of her parents could ever be. So, really Rosita was more of a nanny then a maid to Olivia.

Olivia shrugged. "No, I always liked to watch her prepare any kinds of food. I found it really fun to just observe her as she did. I guess it's a very natural thing for me to do."

"Speaking of which," Jade inquired and looked at the girl across the table. "Why are you making the bacon anyway? That's still not you."

"Well...I thought I would be able to make something for Josh. He's done everything for me so far that I wanted to give a little something back."

Jade smiled and returned to her cutting. "That's sweet of you, but next time you might want to order out."

"I knew you were here," Olivia laughed. Jade dropped her knife and went to the oven to check on the bacon and croissants. They weren't at all ready, so she sat down in a chair and pushed the fruit aside. "So, tell me how the sleeping arrangements were?"

"It...it...was ok. We didn't get in any kind of fight or anything," Jade answered, while trying to keep a smile hidden within her features. "I think that specific question should go to you."

"Well we have a great night. Two people in love sharing a bedroom..." Olivia started. "Only the walls hold that secret."

Jade rolled her eyes and began to laugh. "I bet."

"Believe me it was fun," Olivia said joining the laughter. "We couldn't keep our hands to each other."

"I don't doubt you."

"We love each other and can't stop from touching one another," Olivia continued to laugh. While giggling she got out of her chair and went to the oven to take her bacon out. Jade watched her cautiously, but she had to hold in her laughter.

"I believe you girl your sex drive seems to always be on high."

Olivia placed the bacon on the counter, while never turning around and stopped laughing. "You definitely would know something about that, wouldn't you?" After the comment was said Jade stopped laughing all together. What did she mean by that?

"What?" Jade asked. She placed her elbows on the table and laid her head on top of her hands.

Olivia spun around quickly. "I'm not going to play around this Jade. I know about Zach and you, but why didn't you tell me about this? Is this what you told me a while back that was so embarrassing that you couldn't tell me anything about? If so, then I will respect that, but don't lie to me about it now since I'm confronting you."

Jade felt as if her bottom jaw was unhinged from it place. How the hell did she find out about it? Zach and her had been very careful about showing any kind of affection when they were in public. Hell, they acted as if they would kill one another if either gave stealthy look. Except, for the last couple of days, but Olivia shouldn't have caught onto anything from them just being nice to one another. The only way she could have known was if...Josh told her. He was the only one that really knew about the relationship besides the parents, and grandparents. It had to be Josh though because Olivia never met her parent's before. She knew Josh couldn't be trusted!

Jade began to nibble on her bottom lip again and she looked dead straight at Olivia who wasn't giving a lifting glare. She should just tell her what was going on because she was her best friend. But, how would Olivia handle the news? Was she the open-minded person who could understand the situation or would she be the doubting type like her mother?

"I..." Jade started, but once she saw Olivia shift she knew what she had to do. "I can't lie to you Liv, but Zach and I are dating. I really wanted to tell you, but I needed time to..."

Olivia returned to her seat at the table. "I understand that you were going to tell me sooner or later. I wasn't even going to ask you, but last night when..."

"I know, I know. That's when Josh told you," Jade groaned. She slumped in her chair and twiddled her fingers.

"Josh?"

"I should have known that he couldn't be kept with a promise..."

"Josh knew before me?" Olivia interrupted.

Jade stared perplexedly at Olivia. "Josh didn't tell you?"

Olivia scoffed. "That bastard didn't tell me anything. On to further business I can't believe he knew before I did."

"He found out," Jade answered. So, maybe she was wrong about Josh able to keep his mouth shut on a promise.

"How long ago did he find out?" Olivia asked fluttering her eyes after the sentence.

"Last month after Thanksgiving Day," Jade said, but quickly added, "But, don't be mad at him because he promised us both that he wouldn't tell a soul about it. I know you guys were dating, but I don't want you to be upset with him."

Olivia sat and stared at the table. She seemed to be off in a distant place, but she didn't have a scowl on her face Jade recognized. She just looked way too deep in thought yet nothing in her features showed hatred or anger. It took her off guard when Olivia smiled at her.

"I'm not upset. I'm kind of happy to know he can keep a secret. And I can't be mad at you for not telling me because after all Josh took you guys off guard," Olivia beamed.

"Glad to know you can be cheery about this," Jade giggled. "But, if Josh didn't tell you about Zach and I how did you know?"

"Last night, before I knocked on the door I listened in for a minute and I heard moans," Olivia said bluntly. "I didn't believe anything after I had seen you sleeping soundly, but then when Zach got up..." she started and her face lit up.

Jade tilted her head to the side. "What?"

"Let's just say your man should try to hide his arousal from others," Olivia laughed out.

"Oops," Jade said joining in. "I will have to make sure and tell him that."

"You better. I would like to add that I am fully comfortable with you guys dating. That's just the way love works sometimes."

"I'm glad that you understand unlike someone else," Jade said speaking about her mother. When Olivia opened her mouth to speak Jade threw her hand up to stop her. "Don't want to talk about it."

"What don't you guys want to talk about?"

"We're just gossiping about you Zach," Olivia responded. "You look very dashing in that blue turtle neck sweater. Show's off that hot body of yours"

Jade gave Olivia a scowl, but turned around in her chair to take a look at his dashing fellow. Olivia was indeed right about the sweater showing his body off. He was indeed a lean and muscular thing, but she didn't know if she liked him showing it off to everyone.

"You think?" he asked and pulled at the collar. "I think the damn thing is too itchy and I can't fix the collar."

Jade got up and happily skipped towards the distraught boy. She pulled his hands from around the collar and folded it down. "There you go."

"Thanks, but you know I could have..." Zach started but was cut off when Jade gave him a gentle kiss.

"You are a good for nothing asshole, you know that. Why can't you just think me and leave it at that," Jade snickered. She watched Zach look nervously over her shoulder. "She knows."

"Really?"

"Yes I do you lucky dog you," Olivia said.

Zach looked down at Jade in confusion, but she gave him another kiss.

"Don't worry it's a girl thing," Jade laughed and left him to go to the oven. She noticed from the corner of her eye that Josh entered the room too. He lazily made it to the table and leaned in to kiss Olivia on her forehead.

"Something smells good," Josh said and sat down beside Olivia. Zach accompanied Jade by the oven as she took out the croissants. "What are you making Jade?"

"You mean what are Olivia and I making," Jade answered and placed the croissants aside with the bacon.

"You're cooking too?" Josh asked Olivia.

"I am indeed," Olivia said proudly.

"I am so proud of you baby," Josh said and gave her a kiss.

Jade smiled at the two lovebirds and looked to fetch a pan to start on the eggs.

"She really helped you out?" Zach whispered in her ear.

Jade shook her head in compliance. "She did, but she only made the bacon."

"Some help she is," Zach chuckled.

Jade moved the refrigerator and quickly glimpsed out the window. Her head quickly shot up when she saw the beautiful sight before her. Closing the fridge door, she made her way to the sliding doors and made her way outside. She heard the three people ask where she was going, but said nothing. She was flabbergasted to say the most. The cold air hit her like a ton of bricks, but she didn't utter a single syllable as the fluffy pieces of snow fell around her. She looked down at her feet to only notice that it must have been doing it for a while because the deck was covered in the white stuff. It was snowing! Living in the desert as a child and then to California, Jade never once seen snow before in her life (besides on TV) and it was heaven.

"Awww, I really thought you would be able to get your present while we were on our hike," Olivia was heard saying. Her, Zach, and Josh joined Jade and they all stared out across the ocean. "Do you like it?"

Zach grabbed Jade's hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"I...I...I..." Jade stuttered.

"She loves it. So do I," Zach answered for them both. The four people stood outside for a while gazing at nature's beauty until a phone was heard ringing back in the cabin. Zach slipped his hand out of Jade's. "That's my cell. I wonder who would be calling me while I'm here."

"You better go and check," Jade told him and sent him back in the house. She bent down ran her hands on top of snow on the deck and grabbed a handful in her hand. "I don't think this trip could get any better. Thank you very much for bringing me, Liv."

"Don't worry about it you're my best friend. Friends are suppose to do things for friends and you've done tons of stuff for me in the past."

Jade stood back up. "I guess, but I can't think you enough for it." She gave Olivia a warm smile, but that quickly disappeared when Zach opened the sliding doors. His face had gone pale and he looked frightened.

"What's wrong with you?" Olivia asked.

"Umm..." he began and stared dead straight at Jade.

"What?" Jade barely whispered. He made his way across the deck, but stopped a foot from her. "What?"

"That was my dad," Zach began.

"So what did he want?" Jade asked calmly not trying to sound anxious to know the news.

"He...wanted..."

Jade rolled her eyes. "Dammit just tell me what he said."

"Jade...umm..." Zach started and looked at the deck floor. "Your mother's in the hospital."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

6.8K 476 11
story of two boys Bobo and Gege who are completely different from each other... While one likes to talk other keeps things to himself, while one like...
795K 17.4K 47
Sweet, kind and the principal's daughter, Lexie is eager to start her senior year along with her best friends. It's an exciting year with that alone...
133K 4.7K 45
She has have Fallen for her bully who's been bullying her since elementary school she wants to open up to him but don't know how because it's her bul...
205K 5.7K 20
Second book to " My Assignment Was To Fall In Love With My Teacher"