The Malevolent Bond

By keyleehargis

He's the most horrid, audacious Alpha known. His name sends chills down wolves' spines. With a horrible past... More

Before You Read
Prologue
Chapter One|| A Little Training Never Hurt Nobody
Chapter Two|| What Were You Thinking?
Chapter Three|| Talk to me
Chapter Four|| New Era
Chapter Five|| A Coven
Chapter Six|| Haunted
Chapter Seven|| Enough
Chapter Eight|| Who was he
Chapter Nine|| Information
Chapter Ten|| Looking over your shoulder
Chapter Eleven|| Memories
Chapter Twelve|| Dinner
Chapter Thirteen|| Shopping with Evan
Chapter Fourteen|| Fear
Chapter Fifteen|| Trust me
Chapter Sixteen|| Research
Chapter Seventeen|| Fury
Chapter Eighteen|| The box
Chapter Nineteen|| Guilt
Chapter Twenty|| Figuring it out
Chapter Twenty-One|| Alara's Side
Chapter Twenty-Two|| Walkers
Chapter Twenty-Three|| Practice
Chapter Twenty-Four|| The groove
Chapter Twenty-Six|| Powerful
Chapter Twenty-Seven|| Backstory
Chapter Twenty-Eight|| The Ball
Chapter Twenty-Nine|| The Goddess
Chapter Thirty|| A night to ourselves
Chapter Thirty-One|| A call upon her
Chapter Thirty-Two|| A talk
Chapter Thirty-Three|| Darkness
Chapter Thirty-Four|| Darkness
Chapter Thirty-Five|| Pain
Chapter Thirty-Six|| You're okay?
Chapter Thirty-Seven|| EVAN
Chapter Thirty-Eight|| Announcing
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Five|| Anger

24.3K 1.4K 79
By keyleehargis

{Alara's POV}

It had been many days since our encounter with the walker. I don't know if I actually put fear into the man or pissed him off.

Both were highly likely.

Though, my mind hasn't really been on him surprisingly. It's constantly been on Alec and if he can really undo the spell he cursed me with.

Children were such a dream for me. I never knew I'd actually have a chance at being able to have one...or some. Evan might have been even more excited than me, which is hard to do.

I could see it in his eyes at how bad he wanted a son or daughter. There were times I remember us just laying in bed years ago saying 'what if'. What if we had one? What if it was a girl? What if it was a boy? What would we name them? How many would we want? Why us? Why were we the ones cursed with something so heartbreaking and why did it have to be my own brother out of all people who did that to us?

Spells were tricky. I thought I could find a loophole, after all, all spells have one somehow some way...or so I thought. I never could break it.

The simple truth was: Alec was the only one that could. He was the one that could reverse it. It was a powerful spell by a powerful man and he created it to his own liking. It was one no one could undo or even understand. Alec had always been like that when it came to spells.

I just hope he remembers how he did it exactly to be able to reverse it. That is if he is actually trying to.

God knows I want nothing more than to have my own child in my arms. I'd give anything to have that.

I currently sat in my reading room just staring out the open window. Books laid out in front of me. I was supposed to be looking for more spells to use against this walker, but I couldn't find any.

I thought about him for a moment. Why was he wanting my powers so bad? It's not like I am the only Lavender still alive. There were Alec and Scarlett. So why me?

Was it because of the black magic locked up inside of me?

It angered me. I was through with my old life and wanted nothing more than to be a normal witch and live my life accordingly.

But no, someone just has to march into my life and cause anger to swirl within me. I wanted nothing more than to kill the sick bastard.

I was going to.

I clenched my fist as more angered swirled within me. Anger that needed to be let out.

I haven't let my anger out in a very, very long time.

But I couldn't. Not until I find out how to kill him. How to completely and utterly end him.

I will wipe him from existence.

I started to close the books in front of me when my reading room door flew open and in ran a panicked Alec.

"What's wrong?" I quickly asked, standing to my feet.

"Rogues. They're surrounding the perimeter and they're not alone." he rushed out.

"Who are they with?!"

"The Rowan coven."

"They just won't give up," I growled out.

"What do they want?"

"Us."

"Lovely," I grumbled.

I walked with Alec from the reading room and we headed towards the training field where Evan stood commanding our men and women to get ready to fight.

"You fight until you no longer can! You go for the kill and you don't look back. You will slaughter them!" he yelled.

I realized his eyes were the scary dark grey I remember, showing his wolf was ready to take over. His body shook with anger.

"And lastly, you will show them just how malevolent you are." He snapped.

The wolves before him howled in agreement and with a simple head nod from Evan, they took off in different directions to surround our border; to make a line no one dares to break through.

A familiar tactic Evan first taught them.

Their snarls bounced off the trees of the forest surrounding us. Evan turned towards Alec and me.

"Are you two ready?" I nodded.

"But I want to see them first."

"What?" both he and Alec asked.

"I want to confront them before this happens."

"We need to strike now. I don't know if you've noticed or not, but your coven isn't here. We're outnumbered in the witch department."

"No, we're not," I stated.

"What?"

"Alara and I are some of the most powerful witches there are. Us alone can defeat any coven." Alec spoke, looking in thought.

"But Alara can't do any crazy spells. You both know that."

"My black magic is locked up. I can do whatever I please now but first I want to talk to them."

"This is stupid."

"Evan I have to know their plan! We can just run out there not knowing what we're getting into."

He growled, not liking the idea. Before I knew it, he shifted into his wolf.

His wolf stood tall and mighty on all fours. He walked up beside me and moved his head towards the forest line in the direction they were.

He trotted beside me and Alec as we walked towards where the front gate into the pack was.

A woman stood at the gate, smirking at us.

"So you finally show," she stated.

"And here you are...and you didn't come alone," I noted.

"I didn't."

"So why are you here? What do you want?"

"Isn't it clear? We want him." she looked at Alec, whose jaw clenched.

"Well, that isn't going to happen."

"It isn't? That's weird...we beg to disagree" she mused.

A familiar face walked out of the coven behind her and anger instantly filled my body.

"Hello, Alara." the walker grinned.

"Of course you'd be working with them." I snarled.

"Well, the coven gets him and I get you...it's quite simple. I help them and they help me." he mused.

I gritted my jaw.

"Fine, but you'll have to take us by force."

I reached over, taking Alec's hand in mine. We channeled each other instantly; the bond of being the Lavender twins.

We hadn't tried this in years and the first time we were inexperienced but now...now we'll destroy them.

Veins crawled up our arms signals our bodies were linked and in unison.

Our free arms raised at the same time and thunder struck above; the skies becoming gloomy.

Evan let out a howl and our wolves darted towards the rogues.

When our hands made a fist, the coven behind the woman and the walker dropped to their knees in pain.

The woman's eyes widened as she looked back at her coven and the walker looked around skeptically.

A grin made its way onto our faces and we simultaneously took steps together towards them, hand in hand as our magic kept growing stronger.

With a flicking movement of our wrist, all the heads of the coven snapped to the side and a sickening crack was heard and one by one they fell limp to the ground.

Oh, how fun this feels.

How powerful.

______________________________________________

Want the next chapter? Click the link in my bio to go onto inkitt and read the next chapter for FREE!

^^^this helps me earn money when you click that link to my profile. Yes, it's FREE.

IM BACK WOOOO

I HAVE WIFI AND MY COMPUTER

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

NEXT CHAPTER WILL HAVE YOU SHOOK SO JUMP ONTO INKITT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854K 30.7K 39
Highest ranking #14 as of 12/20/16 WARNING: This story is not all lovey dovey, it's raw, brutal, and is filled with plot holes, now don't comment and...
9.4K 265 27
COMPLETE - Highest Ranking: 85 in Nature | "I loved you from the moment I met you, Sofia." | Sofia's world turned upside down when her parents were m...
3.9M 172K 49
Book three in 'The Bond Series' This book is Ryker and his mate's perspective of the war and past that:) ---------------------------- In a time of u...
1M 55K 41
After the sectors being demolished under the reign of Queen Scarlett and King Christian, Katherine Heights was eager to explore the world around her...