Intertwined | ✓

By AlwaysLostInWords

What do you do, when the guy you love, refuses to love you back? Well in Raina's case, it leaves her extreme... More

Author's Note
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 | - Last Chapter

| 7 |

2.9K 155 15
By AlwaysLostInWords

Friday night, Raina had the great idea to take the girls to a party.

According to her, they all needed let out some steam, whilst they were confused on what steam, they could tell she needed it, so agreed to it.

The party was a house party, hosted by one of Raina's older friends. As soon as they entered through the door, it wasn't long before the girls spotted Kayden talking to James and Tyler.

The girls walked towards them, and as if the boys sensed their presence, their heads turned towards them.

Without even thinking, Ariel went to go stand next to Kayden as he smiled at her. James looked Rue up and down and she smirked at him, whilst Tyler let out an appraising whistle.

"Damn Raina, those legs would look great wrapped around me" Tyler smirked at her

Raina smiled a little too sweetly at him. "They really would-" she said, and the group turned to her confused, "-wrapped around your neck whilst they choke you to death" she then said and everyone nodded, feeling a more normal now.

"What a sweet way to go" Tyler then mused and Raina rolled her eyes at him.

"You look amazing Mermaid" Kayden whispered to Ariel and she couldn't help blush in response, looking down slightly, which earned a chuckle from him.

Whilst a girl pulled Tyler away to dance, James took Rue to get a drink, and both girls were surprised that she accepted his offer without a snarky offer.

Raina was usually the one to stick with Ariel at all parties they went to, but this time she knew that it would be Kayden that was most like going to stay with her.

"You stay with her, at all times. Understood?" Raina warned Kayden and he gave a her a salute.

"Yes Ma'am" he responded.

Before she could say anything else, Ariel saw Damon coming towards them with an unhappy expression which made her take a step away from Kayden, and she could tell he frowned at the distance.

"What are you lot doing here?" Damon asked, standing behind Raina.

She let out an obvious groan, and then turned around. "Ugh, you're like a zit, always popping up" she responded and both Kayden and Ariel nearly laughed at her words.

"What are you doing here Raina?" Damon asked, with a deeper tone.

"Uh it's a party" she pointed out, gesturing to all the people.

"I know that, but why are you here?" He snapped, annoyed by her tone.

Raina rolled her eyes. "I was invited" she said and then pointed around her. "Look around Damon, there are a load of our year here" she said.

"You shouldn't be here" Damon told her and Raina rolled her eyes once more at his words. He then turned to Ariel "Nor should you Ariel" and she gulped at his words.

Damon then pointed towards Kayden. "Wait whose he?" He asked and Ariel's eyes widened.

For some reason she seemed to lose the ability to speak.

"A friend" Raina then said and Ariel mentally thanked her for saving her.

"Yours or Ariel's?" Damon asked darkly.

Raina raised her brow at him, but then just shook her head, knowing that if she provoked him right now, it'd probably turn ugly, so she thought it was better to let it go.

"Just lay off, go have a drink of something, you're being a pain" she waved him off.

"Raina" Damon said in a warning tone.

"Damon" she then replied in a mocking tone. "Don't you have a girl to shack up with?" She asked him with a raised brow.

"Don't you have a man to grind against?" Damon snapped back and Raina then smirked.

"Not yet. But I will" she replied and Damon took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down before he blew up like a volcano.

Damon then looked towards Ariel, "Be careful Ariel" and then pointed towards Kayden, "You, I don't know who you are, but if you're her friend, you take care of her" he instructed.

"Of course" Kayden replied instantly.

Kayden was not used to seeing this interaction between Damon and Raina, and was confused by the sudden change. Ariel, however, was all too used to this all, and so it didn't really faze her,

As Damon walked away, Ariel could see Raina grin, "Bye Damon" she then called out and he then mumbled some curse words.

Ariel spent the party with Kayden, it was hard, since Damon kept glancing over at her, which meant she had to try and keep some distance between Kayden and herself, much to his annoyance. He was so disgruntled every time Ariel moved away from him and she felt bad, but she just didn't want Damon to do anything crazy.

Kayden then sneaked off with Ariel to the bathroom, wanting some alone time with her.

The pair had kissed when Kayden had been released from the principle's office after his fight with Brad. Ariel wasn't thinking that this could've been for the bet, she just responded to the feeling he was giving her.

Whilst in the bathroom, the pair found their way to each others lips once again. Ariel knew that Kayden was aware she wouldn't want things to get past kissing, and she trusted him on that, so she knew she was safe with him.

Their moment was then interrupted as there was a knock on the bathroom door.

They pulled away from each other, both breathless and with a grin plastered on their faces.

"You better not being doing more than kissing in their Kayleigh" Raina's voice said from the other side of the door. Ariel giggled at her words, whilst Kayden groaned at the nickname, Raina would not let go of.

Ariel opened the door to a smirking Raina.

After coming down, the girls saw Rue who was dancing James once again, although this time they seemed really close. His hands where on her waist, whilst her back was towards him. They could see James whispering something to Rue, causing her to laugh whilst they danced. Ariel and Rayna gave each other a knowing look.

Ariel didn't want the party to be over before she had the chance to dance with Kayden.

"Damon's looking here" Kayden said to Ariel, before taking a step away from her and she frowned, not liking having to be like this.

"Raina" Ariel called out to her, who came to her with a smile on her face.

"Yeah babe?" She questioned.

"Can you do us a favour?" Ariel asked her and Raina then gave her a confused look, looking between Kayden and her, who was just as confused as she was.

"What?" She hesitantly asked, like Ariel was about to ask her for a kidney.

"We want to have a dance together, but Damon keeps looking over here" she told Raina.

Raina then glanced in Damon's direction, before looking back. "Ugh, why's he such a pain?" She groaned and Ariel nodded in agreement.

"Can you distract him?" Ariel asked her.

She didn't like having to use Raina like this especially since she had feelings for Damon, and Ariel was about to tell her she didn't have to, but Raina's grin then told her, she didn't really have objections to it.

"Sure. I'd love to" she said and skipped towards Damon.

Ariel saw Raina come in front of Damon, so that his back was turned towards the dance floor, and knew they could use this as opportunity to at least have one dance

"Can I have this dance?" Kayden asked Ariel, and she laughed, placing her hand in his, as he led her away to the dance floor.

***

Raina didn't really think much about it when Ariel asked her to distract Damon. It was probably one of her talents she guessed, that, and pissing off Damon.

She was in her own league for that.

Skipping towards Damon, Raina then placed herself right in front of him, before moving slightly so that his back would be towards the dance floor.

Damon eyed Raina for a second, his gaze lingering slightly on her body.

Raina knew she looked good, and his darkened eyes confirmed that for her. She wore a fitted red skirt that hugged her body, and wore a white cami with that. Thanks to stick on bra's, Raina didn't have to wear an actual one that would ruin her outfit.

Damon's knew that his eyes were fixed onto Raina's body for a little too long, but she was definitely a sight.

Being together at a party was not safe for either of them, since all Damon could think of was how he wanted to take her away to one of the rooms and lock the door.

Raina thought Damon looked pretty good himself. Instead of his usual black and white look, he wore a khaki green shirt, light blue jeans, but of course with his leather jacket.

As she eyed him up and didn't miss the dog-tag chain around his neck.

It amused her how Damon was so adamant on the fact that he didn't want to be with her, but to this day he still wears the dog-tag chain that she gifted him for his birthday.

When she gave it to him, Raina was scared he'd reject it, but since the day she gave it to him, he's worn it ever since.

"Get lost Raina" he said in a gruff voice.

Oh how he melts my heart with his words, she thought.

"Well that's not nice" Raina shook her head.

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not trying for nice" he said and she just smiled in response.

"What are even doing here?" Damon asked her, and she looked over his shoulder to see the real reason why she was there.

Raina could see that Ariel was dancing with Kayden, his arms around her and her back towards him as they swayed. They were laughing together and her cold heart warmed at the sight.

Ariel saw Damon giving her a curious look and before he could turn to see what she was seeing, Raina smiled at him. "I'm just talking to you. Why's that a problem?" She grinned.

"Because I don't want to" he replied.

The moody bastard, she thought.

Raina then took a step closer to him. "Why?" she asked.

Before he could reply, a whiny voice then called out for Damon, behind Raina.

"Damon, baby, there you are".

Raina turned to see a blonde standing behind her, her body-con dress hugging her curves.

Raina would hate on her, but she looked too good for her to comment about her.

Bitch.

"Sharon" Damon smirked and Raina clenched her jaw at the sultry tone in which he said her name.

Does he want me to hurt him? She thought.

Sharon, then looks at Raina. "Whose this?" She asked.

Raina looked at Damon, awaiting his answer. She was curious on what he was going to say. Since even she wouldn't really know how to describe herself in relation to Damon.

Damon looked at Raina.

He was unsure on what he was meant to say, because there was not real relation between them, especially in the way that he wanted, but what he wanted wasn't ever going to happen.

He reverted his eyes back to Sharon. "My little sister's best friend" he said and Raina glared at him.

"Seriously? I have a name" Raina told him and Damon scoffed in response.

Her new introduction was going to be 'girl who killed Damon' in a minute.

"Awh" Sharon then cooed and Raina's head snapped towards her.

"Did you just...go awh?" She asked her and Sharon nodded at innocently.

Ignoring Raina, Sharon then stepped towards Damon, causing Raina to take a step back.

She ran her hand over his t-shirt and that didn't bother Raina, until she ran her hand over his chain and he let her.

"Baby, I was hoping for us to speak...alone" she said in a suggestive tone.

Raina eyes were fixed on Damon, hoping he'd say something to push her away, but instead he looked at her.

"Can you leave now, I'm trying to have a conversation" he said and Raina visibly flinched at his words, like they'd just cut through her, and she couldn't even hide the look of hurt in her eyes.

Damon saw the way that Raina looked at him, and he was filled with instant regret for making her look at him like that.

He hadn't expected his words to bother so much, since it didn't usually.

He was about to say something, but then remembered that she had hurt him way worse. So instead, Damon masked the looked on his face and then wrapped a hand around Sharon's waist.

Deciding she wasn't going to look weak in front of him, Raina composed herself.

She glanced to the dance floor and noticed that Ariel and Kayden were no longer there, and knew that she no longer had to distract Damon anymore.

"You're right. My apologies" Raina said, and Damon gave her a weird look, since she wasn't really one to apologise, especially not to him.

"I'll leave you two have a conversation." She smiled. "I think I should find someone to have a conversation with as well" Raina said, before walking off, giving Damon a good view of her swaying ass in a tight red skirt.

Damon eyed Raina as she walked away. He didn't know if he should be worried, since Raina had apologised to Sharon, something that she'd never do. Ever.

He knew that she swayed her hips for a little too much, and knew that it was for him.

Little minx.

Damon thought it was best to keep an eye on her, unsure about what stunt she was going to pull now.

Raina walked towards the drinks table, needing something to wash down all the curse words she had been saying towards Damon as she walked away.

"Wow" a male voice said.

Raina turned to see a guy standing next to her with an appraising look.

"Excuse me" Raina asked him and he grinned at her.

"It's just, you look wow. How have I missed you?" He asked, shamelessly flirting with her.

Raina glanced over to Damon, whose was looking at her with frown as Sharon hung off his arm.

"Depends on where you been looking?" Raina flirted back, twirling her hair with her finger, letting the curls wrap around it.

"I'm Mica" the guy introduced himself. 

Raina smiled back, giving him, her name as well.

They made some small talk, with Mica constantly flirting with her. Raina didn't want to start something with Mica or lead him on, but every time she would glance over at Damon, she could see Sharon's hands on him and her lips, and it got to her.

"Is there something over there? You keep looking that way" Mica asked, gesturing towards Damon's direction.

Raina wanted to clarify that the guy she really liked, was sitting over there, but she then saw Sharon's lips crash onto Damon's, before they started making out and it pissed her right off.

"Just wondering how hard I have to hint before you ask me to dance" Raina then said to Mica with a smile and he smirked back.

"All you had to do was ask. After you" he gestured towards the dance floor and Raina walked towards it, as he trailed behind her.

Luckily for Raina, 50 Cent's Candy Shop came on, and her hips new that song all too well.

Mica stood behind Raina, her back against him.

As the song played, she moved her hips to the beat, as Mica held her waist. She knew this was wrong, since not only was she leading him on, but she was also doing this out of spite. But unfortunately, Raina tended to lose her sanity when it came to all things Damon.

Raina could see Damon look at her, and instead of looking at him, she turned and wrapped her hands around Mica's neck, as he kept his on her waist and they danced to the beat of the song.

The song ended, and so did her movements. Raina backed away from Mica who was grinning down at her.

"Wow" he said breathlessly. "You sure know how to move" he said and Raina couldn't help laugh at his words.

Mica then raised one hand to scratch the back of his neck. "Can I get your number?" He asked, putting his phone forward and Raina smiled.

"Sure" she said, adding her number into his phone. Mica was nice and friendly.

If Damon could so easily change his girls, then why couldn't I exchange numbers with a nice guy? She thought.

"I'll see you around" Raina then said, walking off to find her girls.

Raina spotted Rue, who was standing with James and shaking her head, but with a smile on her face.

"Raina he was fuming. Like I could actually see the steam come out of his ears" Rue said and of course Raina knew who she was talking about.

"That's what happens when you play with fire" she said.

Damon could have ever many conversations as he wanted, they'd never be her, she thought.

***

"Morning girlies" Raina said as she trotted down into the living room, still in her PJs.

For the clubbing night, Raina stayed over at Ariel's, since she got ready there and intended on having a sleep over.

Ariel and Rue were sat there with a grin on their face as soon as they saw her. "Damn Raina, you were something else last night" Rue said and Raina laughed.

Raina winked.

"And you got in really, really late last night too" Ariel added and Raina just nodded at her words.

"Where were you?" Raina looked to the doorway and saw Damon standing there with an angry expression.

"Oh joy, you're here" Raina muttered, but loud enough for him to hear.

Damon ignored her words, and stepped further into the room. "Where were you?" He repeated his question, gritting out the words in annoyance.

"Had a little last night outing with my dancing buddy" Raina said, facing the girls.

Rue's eyes widened. "Oh my god, you did!?" She asked excitedly.

Raina mimed the gesture to seal her lips and locked them, throwing away the key.

"Spread your legs wide enough slut?" Damon then said and Raina glanced over to him, seeing his nostrils flare and jaw clenched tightly.

"Wide enough actually, and he fucking loved it" Raina smiled sweetly.

Damon walked out the room, and apparently the house, since she heard the front door bang quite harshly.

"Oh my God, did you actually?" Ariel asked her.

Raina shook her head. "Nah. I just love pissing your brother off. I went out with a girl friend, got some McDonald's" she told them.

After speaking to Rue, Raina left the part with one of her friends, intending on getting food. Since she was sober, they drove and sat in the car, eating and talking, not even realising how late it got.

"You two are the worst" Ariel said shaking her head.

Raina grinned at her. "I know".

***

Somehow all my books always have a party scene in them. I'm only noticing this now.

The interactions between Raina and Damon are quickly becoming my favourite to write.
They're both so hot-headed, it's quite amusing.

Next Chapter: A Date and an Apology.

Hope you liked the read :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 1.3K 43
She was rainbow bright and colorful He was the storm before it dark and gray She was the sun rising quietly into the day He was the moon shining brig...
1.2M 32.8K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
362 14 20
SHORT CHAPTERS ------ He rips my phone from my hand again and puts it behind him. "Tell me how it works then." "We have to kiss." He looks at me for...
128 0 31
When West comes back to town after 2 years, Kim can't deny her feelings. Unfortunately it isn't that simple their relationship has always been someth...