My life as A jockey

By AnnaDove1

More

prologue
Where it all started
It's post time
And they're off!
go it! go it lads!
Disqualified
"I'm sure you'll figure something out"
Things Change
Horses vs. Humans
Fast Forward
Good Old Woolf

A new beginning

46 2 0
By AnnaDove1

        That day changed me. I'd never forget hearing the word 'disqualified'. I didn't eat or talk much the next day. I just kept thinking of the pride I felt after winning that race, and then, the sudden feeling of emptiness. My heart became a dark abyss that once had been full of love and hope. 

        I did my daily routine of Feeding horses, breezing a few, and then eating an apple for lunch. I decided to sit on the rail and watch the horses run. It was beautiful, the horses anyway, with their manes and tails streaming and their eyes wild. I got up to go tack up a horse named Corazon, which means heart. We named her that because She had a heart shaped star on her forehead.  When I got to the barn I saw my mother and father talking to my boss. I thought it was strange they were there, especially my father, given that they never took interest in what I do.

        I waked over. "Hello Mother, did you come to see me ride?"

        "No, not exactly sweetheart." She said it with a shaky voice, she had been crying.

        "What's wrong mother?" I was confused.

        "Your father will explain Jill"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 1.8K 16
ආදරේ කියන්නෙ හුත්තක්. එච්චරයි __සිතුම් ආකාෂ් ෆ්‍රනෑන්ඩෝ
15.1K 40 21
This is the second instalment to my 3 Part series of Books about a Young Blonde Teen Girl who suddenly starts to loose control of her bladder and bow...
6.6K 197 47
WOC SERIES SAMPINGAN XAVIER ADREAN X DAHLIA ARYANA Merupakan Karya Kedua Sha Dahlia Aryana. Dipaksa bekerja di kelab malam oleh ibu kandungnya sendir...
44.4K 6K 53
"ඒයි ඇටිකිච්ච ඔහොම ඉන්නවා" "නේත්‍ර, නේත්‍ර... මගේ නම නේත්‍ර" "මොකද උඹේ කට ඔච්චර සද්දෙ, මට ඔය වයසට වඩා උඩ පනින්න දඟලන ඇටි කිච්චන්ව පේන්න බෑ. ඒ නිසා මට...