Some Smiles Aren't Heroic ~Bo...

By OliviaChan08

Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him fro... More

Special Thanks
1. Just A Boy
2. No Choice
3. Breaking a Hero's Spirit
4. Without Them
5. No One Will Hear
6. Switch
7. Sanity....What's That?
9. The New Villains Arise
10. Ghosts from the Past
11. Where He's Gone
12. Found
13. Mistake
14. Taking Over
15. What Really Happened
16. A Not-So-Happy Reuinion
17. Not The Same
18. My Prisoner
19. It Was My Choice
20. Know
Update!!! A/N PLEASE READ

8. Goodbye, Old Life

3K 108 54
By OliviaChan08

Yay! Another update! I've been grounded for a week and all I can do is write on my tablet since I don't have high speed internet so here you go!
This chapter is lighter with the blood and violence and abuse, so I don't think I need to put a warning. Just enjoy and if you like it, please vote and comment!

~~~~~~~~~~

Time went on. Weeks turned into months and still no success in finding Izuku Midoriya.

Police gave up on that case weeks ago, and people were giving up hope that they would find him. Class 1-A wasn't the same. Everyone tried to stay upbeat, but that wouldn't last long.

Bakugou only got even more bitter. He couldn't help but feel a little guilty for what happened. His behavior was way more different. He was eerily quiet at times, but whenever he snapped, it was frightening. No one wanted to mess with him now.

All Might was desperate to find him, but everyone encouraged him to forget it. He was his apprentice. He was supposed to protect him. He couldn't have let the young man slip away like that.

Izuku's mother, Inko, remained in her house, grieving the loss of her son. Everyone felt sorry, but hey, what could they do to fix it?

Now what?

...

Well, for Izuku, things seemed to get a little better. He wasn't constantly tortured now. Instead, Shigaraki would just leave him unlocked from his chains, free to roam the small space he was allowed in. Beatings were not constant, his wounds started to heal, he rarely ever visited the white room, which was a great relief in itself to Izuku.

He started to trust Shigaraki more than before for some reason. He seemed to be trustworthy enough when he wasn't angry. Otherwise, the villain would be Izuku's worst nightmare.

After being showed exactly what limits the villain had, which were none, Izuku learned as long as he did what he was told, he wouldn't get punished.

However, with all the pain and injuries he sustained, a pleasure for pain took place. Now, all Izuku wanted was to be hurt or cut. Even just a drop of blood would be enough for him. To him, it was a reminder he was still living.

The door creaked open as Izuku glanced up from the ground. "Ah, Midoriya." Shigaraki's raspy voice hummed as he walked in. The green haired male tilted his head. "Shigaraki."

"Today is a special day for you, my creation. Get dressed; you're going to meet someone very special." Shigaraki offered a gloved hand to Izuku, while he just raised an eyebrow. "I get to leave here?"

"Only for now." Shigaraki responded with a sigh. "My Master wants to meet you. I'm sure you'll enjoy his company." Izuku stood up after he took his hand. "Master?"

Shigaraki nodded. "I told you that you weren't done for, Midoriya. Do you want to become stronger? Do you really want to be something other than everyone else's supporting character?"

Izuku's green eyes brightened, "Really? So I'll never have to be a pushover again? I can become better?" He grabbed Shigaraki's wrists as a hopeful grin took place on his lips.

His desperation was the only thing driving him now. His thoughts weren't even running now, his mind only focused on what Shigaraki offered him.

The pale haired man nodded and pulled his hands out of Izuku's grip. "Yes, Midoriya. Doesn't that sound like a good thing? That's what you want, right?"

Izuku nodded. "Yes. Yes! I want to meet him right away!"

"Do you promise you'll stay with me and not try to escape?" Shigaraki asked.  Izuku's smiled widened, "No? Why would I? I don't care about leaving. What is there for me there anyway? Just a bunch of hurt and suffering, all for nothing?" He tilted his head and shrugged.

Shigaraki liked the sound of that. He grinned to himself as he turned around. "Follow me then. I'll introduce you to him."

After that, Izuku changed from his old ragged school uniform to a new set of clothes, consisting of some long casual pants and a black sweater. It covered up most of his scars, and the sweater was clean.

He asked no questions on the car drive to their destination. He looked out the window, surprised at how much he forgot the city looks like, especially at night. He hadn't been exposed to the outside in so long.

How long was I in there? He asked himself. It didn't matter anymore really, because now, he had somewhere else to be instead of with people who never understood him or his struggle. Here, he would be accepted and understood. As long as it stayed that way, he was fine.

The car stopped and parked in some dark area. When he got out, all Izuku smelled was smoke in the air. There was also a bit of dampness, indicating it could rain.

Shigaraki took Izuku into an old and torn down building. He was hesitant at first, tensing up a lot and looking around in curiosity.

"What is this place?" He asked Shigaraki, but he received no reply. The villain just kept walking, making sure Izuku followed.

After a minute of walking, the two finally stepped through a door. "Master, here he is." Shigaraki said.

A tall, burly figure stood in front of the two. It was none other than All for One. He turned, only showing he had a black mask over his face. It covered his whole head, while he wore a nice black suit. He folded his hands together.

"Ah, Izuku Midoriya. I was hoping you would come."

Izuku gasped and took a step back. He wasn't so sure about this guy. Shigaraki stopped him, "Don't be scared, Midoriya." He uttered.

Izuku glanced at the man then to Shigaraki. He gulped and stepped forward.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I've heard a lot of good things concerning you, Izuku Midoriya." All for One walked closer to them. Izuku frowned, "What kinds of things?" He asked

All for One answered, "You have potential, just like Tomura told you. No one has taught you to use your quirk correctly, am I correct?"

Izuku shook his head. "No." He frowned and rubbed his arm. It had healed better now, but he still had to be careful with it.

"I know that All Might gave his power, One for All, to you. However, he never told you how to use it. You do know you'll end up killing yourself before you learn to master your quirk."

Izuku looked at his scarred wrist and sighed. "I want to learn to use it, without breaking my bones. I don't know how to, though."

All for One remained silent. He examined the boy's expression. You made a good choice, Tomura. He's perfect for the league. All Might hasn't showed him anything about One for All. He's already under your control, all we need is to get him on our side.

"I can teach you, Midoriya." All for One stated.

Izuku gasped and his eyes widened, "Really?"

"Yes, I can. I know about the secret of One for All. I know full well how to control such a powerful quirk. So let me show you."

Izuku tilted his head, "At what price?"

"No conditions. I just want to help someone helpless and let them become something more than a useless nobody." All for One held out his hand. "I'll teach you how to use your quirk, and you won't have to worry about anybody ever using you again. You'll be free."

Shigaraki moved Izuku ahead. "Go on."

The green haired male felt tense. He stared up at the villain. His heartbeat accelerated and his fists clenched.

Should I do it? Shigaraki trusts him, why shouldn't I? He's the only one who can teach me how to use One For All. All Might never took the time to teach me.

Then again, another voice in his head said the opposite. Don't do it, Izuku. You're smarter than that, right? They're villains.

Izuku looked down and frowned. Was he willing to throw away everything for this?

"Come on, Midoriya." Shigaraki crept up behind the male. He placed four fingers on his shoulders as he leaned in. "You'll be so much stronger this way. Put yourself to use for once in your life."

Izuku's green eyes lit up as the name once more came to his head.

Kacchan. This is my chance to show Kacchan...

His hand reached up and grabbed All for One's. "Teach me." He said with a confident tone. "Teach me everything you can."

They shook hands and All for One dismissed the two. Now, there was no turning back for Izuku, and he didn't want to turn to look back. He wanted to become stronger than what anyone else thought he would be.

Izuku saw the rain now pouring outside. He took a hesitant step out. He flinched when the first few drops hit him, and he wiped the drops away.

Shigaraki stepped beside him. "Is something wrong, Midoriya?" He was getting a little impatient.

Izuku looked around. "I'm making the right choice, right? In order to get stronger and overcome what they did to me, I have to, right?"

Shigaraki smiled, "Of course. You seem to understand it perfectly now. We only want to help you, Izuku."

"I wish I had realized that sooner. It turns out, heroes aren't what I thought they were. They probably forgot all about me by now." Izuku's eyes averted downward.

"That doesn't matter now. Soon, you'll have your chance to make sure no one forgets your name. Wouldn't that be nice?" Shigaraki asked.

Izuku chuckled a little. "Yeah, that would." He then quieted. A minute passed before he said anything again. "Shigaraki?"

The blue haired villain looked at him with a hum in response.

"How long was I kept in there? How much time has passed?" He asked.

Shigaraki lowered his head. "Quite a while." He kept quiet after that and just stepped further away. "Let's go."

Izuku didn't bother to ask any more questions. He knew when enough was enough. He followed the villain to the car with his hands in his pockets.

In the car, he watched raindrops hit the window. His head rested against the door as he sighed. Goodbye, old me. Hello, new me.

I hope you're better than the old me.

Now Izuku had to kiss his life before goodbye. He was different now. There was no way he could go back to how things were. He had better things for himself.

Even if it did cost him a lot.

~~~~~~~

Whew, finished another chapter! It's almost midnight and I have school tomorrow but I don't care! I just really wanted to get this part done so I could finish the next part XD.
Thank you for reading, vote, comment, and see you later!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 1.3K 20
Take me instead!" "What did you just say kid?" "I said take me instead." Shigaraki though for a second then smiled. "As you wish." Izuku midoryia al...
7.8K 307 24
[Completed! Highest ranking is #31 in villaindeku!! Thank you so much! :)] Perhaps it's not the best idea to pass on a quirk to someone who's dream y...
5.6K 144 23
Sawamura Kimiko is joining UA's Class 1-A on a personal recommendation from a pro-hero. Her dark past and unusual quirk draw the attention of many, b...
337 1 11
All of Izuku Midoriya's Life, he has wanted nothing more to become a hero just like his Idol, Allmight! Getting a Quirk from Allmight made it so he c...