Here

By Bwilli2003

⚠️ MATURE⚠️ This story contains strong use of language and mature scenes. If you are offended easily do not... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Authors note

Chapter One

36.8K 717 314
By Bwilli2003

I darted through the woods, my dirty blonde locks flying behind me. I panted heavily while the icy air burned my lungs.

My cold bare feet beat against the frozen ground as I stumbled through thick evergreen trees, sharp sticks stabbing my feet.

I risked a rapid glance behind me, panic completely consuming me as I learned that the giant masculine black figure was gaining on my heels quickly.

I dodged the trees, my feet sliding through the mud that now replaced the hard ground.

I glanced again.

He was catching up to me too quickly.

I dodged the trees in alarm at the close proximity between us. I jumped over a log covered with dark green moss, my foot twisting as my body tumbled forward, my head landed on the muddy ground. I tried to push my body up out of the mud but I flew back downwards as my ankle gave out.

A sharp pain ran throughout my ankle, causing me to cry out in pain as it felt as if a hot rod was forcefully being shoved into my ankle.

I gasped as my vision grew blurry with tears forming in my eyes.

A heavy weight landed on me, knocking the air out of my chest.

I regained my sight as my body got flipped around, my arms being gripped tightly held above my head.

The scary large figure above me had blood red eyes.

He pinned my arms underneath his knees and reached inside his pocket pulling out a sharp long knife.

My breath came back allowing me to let out a blood curling scream as he raised the knife in the air and plunged it deep into my chest. A hot sensation trickled up my neck.

The knife came down again, piercing my throat. I gagged as I choked on my blood.

____________________________________

My eyes flashed open as I gained my consciousness, struggling to breathe. It was pitch black and I was on something warm and soft, rather than cold thick mud.

Cool air touched my body from the cold sweat that consumed my skin. The covers were nowhere to be found or seen in the darkness.

I held my neck as I gasped for air. Slowly but surely I regained my memory, realizing that I was in my bed.

Just a nightmare. A very vivid nightmare.

I glanced at the time on the clock.

6:30 a.m. 

I sighed. There's no use in trying to sleep now. Not after waking up from a nightmare like that.

I laid in bed a minute and calmed my breathing.

I need to get up for school anyways. My alarm clock goes off at 7:00. I guess that will just be a head start on getting ready for me.

I blindly felt my way out of the bed and switched the lamp light on my nightstand on, squinting at the sudden brightness of it. My movements were sluggish as I made my way to my small makeup vanity and plopped down in the seat, yawning.

I flicked the light bulbs around the mirror on and glared at the zombie staring back at me. My hair was knotted and sticking up everywhere while my green eyes were bloodshot. I furrowed my eye brows and leaned in closer to the mirror, spotting a new pimple on my chin.

Oh that's just great.

I opened one of the drawers and took out a hair brush, starting at the bottom of my waist length tangled hair. I worked the brush up slowly.

I grimaced as I struggled with the knots. I must have tossed and turned a lot during my nightmare.

Once brushing it out, I ran my fingers through it to give it a few messy natural waves. Following my regular morning hygiene routine, I got up and walked to my bathroom, washed my face, and then brushed my teeth.

I returned to the mirror and applied some concealer under my eyes to cover the purple eye bags from lack of sleep. Let's just say that the nightmare I had last night isn't the worst one I have had this week.

I hopped up and pulled the hot pink t-shirt I slept in off, then went to my closet. I grabbed a pair of black leggings and threw them along with an oversized blue hoodie.

I plopped down in front of my mirror, patting my hair down. I then slipped my white slightly dirty converses on.

I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and put it in my black backpack, slipping a strap on one shoulder. I turned off all of my lights and opened the door quietly.

I made my way to the familiar set of stairs in the dark and descended them carefully, leaning on the wall for support. I made it to the bottom of the stairs and followed the sunlight to the front door. I stepped over beer bottles, wrinkling my nose in disgust at the musty smell.

Amanda had been drinking a lot lately. Instead of paying the bills with the kinship care money she gets in return for 'taking care' of me, she only spends it on booze.

She doesn't have a job.

My eyes lifted to the living room, I rolled my eyes at her limp passed-out figure sprawled out across the couch. One arm hung off the side while holding a half empty beer bottle.

I sighed and opened the door, shutting it quietly behind me.

I walked to my bus stop and leaned against the streetlight pole with my arms crossed. The sky rumbled slightly. I looked up at the now grey clouds as a cold raindrop landed on my nose. More raindrops sprinkling down, increasing their speed as seconds went by.

I shivered and pulled my hood up to avoid having makeup all over my face. I heard the bus coming my way and peered up just in time to see it stop in front of me.

I waited for the red stop sign to pop out then walked around the front of the bus.

I hopped up the stairs, my converse squeaking with each step. The bus driver mumbled a 'good morning' to me and as I passed by him. I nodded my head in response.

That was our usual morning greeting.

I sat in an empty seat in the middle of the bus and scooted all the way to the window, leaning against the window after making sure that my hood was against it so that my face wouldn't touch the cold glass.

I admired the fog forming on the window from my warm breath. I soon got bored with it so then instead I just studied the seat in front of me ignoring the obnoxious noise of immature people in the back.

Goody goodies sat up front and wanna be cool kids sat in the back, which is why I always sit in the middle of the bus.

The bus stopped for someone else to get on, causing my body to shiver as a cool breeze blew throughout the bus, earning groans from the cold teenagers in the back who huddled up to the heaters every morning.

Goosebumps ran up my spine as a memory hit me.

____________________________________

{Flashback}

I slowly made my way up the slippery wet stairs towards the door of the fancy white brick house.

I quickly rehearsed what I planned on saying in my head, then took a deep breath and raised my hand, lightly rapping my fingers on the door.

I heard no movement.

I huffed then made three loud and clear knocks. I bit my lip nervously as I waited for someone to open the door.

After a few minutes I began to debate on whether I should leave or knock again. Before I could make up my mind, the door opened and in front of me stood a tall beautiful black haired and blue eyed woman.

She placed one slim hand on the door frame and the left hand with a diamond ring still held the door knob.

"Hello?" She said clearly, while studying me to see if she recognized me or not.

"Hey! I was just wondering if John was here? I need to speak with him." I requested politely.

She smiled in response to my friendly attitude, "Yes he is dear, would you like to step inside? It's rather cold out there." She offered while running her tan fingers up and down her arms as to prove her point.

"I actually would, thanks." I replied, shivering as chills ran down my spine from the chilly air.

She pulled her hand off of the door frame and moved behind the door as she pulled it open wider for me to enter. I stepped in thanking her as she pulled the door shut behind me.

I smiled at her, grateful to be inside the cozy warm house instead of standing out in the freezing weather.

"I'll let him know that someone is here to see him." She announced as she walked through a doorway to the left of me and disappeared out of sight.

I observed the grande hallway I was in.

Only one word could describe it, beautiful. There was a large silver chandelier hanging in the middle above my head and a beautiful turquoise rug underneath it that I was standing on.

"Hello?" A deep voice interrupted my thoughts.

My eyes widened in surprise. Startled, I turned my head and there he stood.

The man I have been looking for my whole life.

He was tall with light brown hair, tan skin, and hard green eyes. He had a strong jawline along with a cleanly shaven face.

My father.

Every line I had rehearsed to say left my mind, leaving it blank.

"H-hey." I stuttered.

"My wife told me that you wanted to talk to me. Do I know you?" He asked, his eye brows furrowed in confusion.

I felt a pang of hurt emotion at the mention of a wife, but it was only to be expected and that wasn't what I came here to discuss.

I cleared my throat.

"I'm Jayden, your daughter." I stated in a strong clear voice.

He froze, keeping a straight face. No emotion was revealed in those cold green eyes.

"I have no daughter, you need to leave." He replied quietly.

My heart stopped.

After all those months I spent on finding him and imagining what he would do when he saw me, I get this. I had played out so many different scenarios in my head everyday I searched for him.

I never expected this.

"Daddy! Can you come play with me?" A dirty blonde haired green eyed boy begged, interrupting us. He appeared out of nowhere and stared tugging his hand.

"In a minute." He replied, shaking off the boy's grip and guided me towards the door forcefully.

My mouth dropped in shock as I lost balance and stumbled backwards, falling to the floor.

He pulled me back up by my elbow.

"Never come here again." He stated, yanking the door open, and slamming it shut in my face directly afterwards.

I stared at the door in shock.

My eyes began to water as I headed down the stairs, blocking my vision as I missed one of the slick steps.

My heel slid from the sleek surface causing me to fall down the stairs. I landed on the muddy concrete. Tiny pebbles dug into my palms as I tried to stop the fall, causing blood to mix with the rain and mud running down the sidewalk.

Tears and rain streamed down my face, a sob breaking lose as I felt like fire was burning in my chest as it hurt to breathe.

I held my palms over my chest as I sat up. Each time my heart beat I felt a terrible pain ripple throughout my chest.

After all these years of wondering, imagining, even dreaming of what it would be like to meet him. I cried late at night many times, wanting a father to depend on and care for me. Needing a father.

The dad I thought would love me, broke my heart.

Mud was all over my clothes. I stood up shakily, fearing that my legs would give out. I looked up at the window seeing the woman looking out of the window at me, with pity in her eyes.

I ran as fast as I could away from there.

{End of Flashback}

Tears brimmed my eyes, at the memory.

I wiped my tears away as the bus stopped at the school.

Little things often trigger memories. I have tried to talk to many people about it, even school counselors, but they would all look at me like I didn't know what I was talking about. Like I was too young to know what I was talking about. They wouldn't listen.

It didn't take me long to realize that people only act like they care about you when they want something.

I slid out of my seat, heading down the aisle to get off the bus. Suddenly my foot caught on something and I went flying forward, barely catching myself on a bus seat to stop my fall.

I frowned as I heard giggling behind me. I turned around to find the culprit.

Marisa.

"My bad." She laughed, throwing her hand to her chest. She then turned serious while sneering at me.

I rolled my eyes and turned around to get off the bus, disregarding her. I hopped off the bus and stepped into the school, making my way to my first class.

____________________________________

•Word count:2274

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68 6 11
His facial features were strongly cut, and his dark brows perfectly aligned with his symmetrical beauty. His eyes were deep and dark, while his teeth...
309K 2.5K 6
Warning ⚠️ ‼️‼️‼️this is not a happy ending book, the male lead in this book is evil to the end. Explicit mature themes, kidnapping, manipulation, bo...
6.1K 316 18
She was as you know the fine ass girl who always stays away from bad boyss. But He was ruthless and a cold blooded killer... But he's a drug dealer ...
418K 10.7K 12
It was now nighttime and I returned to my room which was very dark. The curtains were closed, strange I'm sure it was open this morning... Whatever...