Unhinged Devotion

By pathetic_buddies

Often, the most difficult of paths lead to the happiest of endings. When Teegan and Violet lose nearly all th... More

Run Far Away
What - I'm Sorry?
Magic.
Falling Hard and Fast
Tic-Toc, Drunk Thoughts
Is This Bliss?
Loosen Up
The Dark King
Did Ya Find A New Guy?
Have Some Oreo's!
Magic Was Bad
Is He Crying?
THE PRANK WARS NEVER CEASE!
What A Happy Family Reunion
Good as Dead
Hopeless and Scared
Properly Draining
Brainwashed
Happy Birthday, Vi
Dead Be Dead
So Much For Bliss
Dodge It
Caliber of Time
Anger and Blood
Abandonment
On the Move
Emotionally Unpredictable
Good News: Im Not Bleeding!
Well, Nice Knowing You

Astray, Astray

2 0 0
By pathetic_buddies

Chapter Fourteen
~Teegan's POV~

I stare at the place the portal once was, eyes as big as they can get, my mouth practically touching the floor. "Violet!" Jaxton calls, frantically looking around. I start breathing heavily, my body trembling. What have I done? Tears slowly start cascading their way down my frightened face. Zander grabs my shoulders, "Calm down, Tee. It's going to be okay, just calm down." He comforts me. Jaxton looks back at us, fire in his eyes. "Don't bloody tell her 'it's going to be okay', when it's obviously not! She sent Violet through a portal, Zander!" He snaps, blaming me. I start shaking even more, my breathing becoming too rapid. I start hyperventilating, my vision gets blurry, I feel sick to my stomach.

"Violet fell through the portal, don't you dare put the blame on Teegan!" Zander defends me, protectively standing in front of me. I grab at my chest, trying to calm my heartbeat, but just end up worsening it. "She is to blame!" Jaxton threw his hands up, his voice raising. My knees weaken, I know I won't be able to stay standing for much longer. "Zander.." I meekly call out, but instead of answering me, he shoots daggers at Jaxton. "Violet started this mess! She called us in here. She got upset. She used magic on Tee. She fell through the portal. She brought this upon herself, Jaxton!"

I'm lightheaded, my legs are giving up on me. I collapse to the ground, on my hands and knees. I leave hyperventilation behind and welcome anxiety. Tears fly off my face, landing in little pools of worry and panic on the floor. I desperately try catching my breath, but just simply can't. "Tee!" Zander says, dropping to my side. "Breathe, baby. Just breathe." He cradles me in his arms, placing my head on his chest, so I can hear the soothing rhythm of his heartbeat. My breathing starts to slow down, the shaking simmering. "That's it, darling." Zander encourages. Within the minute, my breathing is nearly back to normal, and I'm standing up again.

I look up to Jaxton, preparing to apologize, the guilt overcoming me. But, before I have the chance to, he pulls me into a hug. "I know it's not your fault. I'm just worried." We break the embrace, and I give him a nod, letting him know it's fine.

"How do portals work?" I ask, looking back and forth from them. "Typically, it leads to where you were thinking." Jaxton shrugs, as if that is the solution to the problem at hand. I roll my eyes, "I was in a panic, I have no clue where my mind was." I state the obvious. He sighs, looking away.

"Telepathy!" Zander shouts, snapping his fingers. I look at him, "no, Zan. Portals. Keep up." I shake my head, dismissing him. He huffs, "you and Vi share telepathy! Use it!" He suggests, giving me a 'duh' look.

I raise my eyebrows, how did I not think of that?

Violet? I try, unsure about this. I waited for a few seconds before trying again.

Vi? Hello?

'Teegan! You bloody twat!'

"I've got her!" I cheer, looking at the boys. They both excitedly rush to me, as if they could hear her if they're close enough to me. "Back up, will you? Jesus." I breathe.

"Ask her where she is!" Jax commands. I put my hands up, "okay, calm down."

Vi? Where are you?

'I think I'm at the edge of town? About ten yards from a diner named Jewels and Gems. I've never heard of it.'

I gasp, looking at Zan. "She's at the diner you take me to." I inform. He smiles, leaning down and pecking my head. "How cute. You were thinking of our place." He teases, wrapping an arm around me. I gave him a smile, that is pretty cute.

"Well, let's get her!" Jax hurriedly says, already walking out the door.

Vi. Go wait inside. We'll be right there.

Relief floods over me. At least she's still in town, and not half way across the globe.

I give Zander a mischievous look. I raise my hand, facing it towards the wall, keeping the diner in mind. In the blink of an eye, a portal opens. I hold my hand out towards Zander, "shall we?" I smirk. He widens his eyes momentarily, shocked, but places his hand in mine, nonetheless. I give a tight squeeze, "I hope we make it there." I shake my head, right before walking through the portal, with my supportive boyfriend by my side.

I have seen movies of magic and such, I have seen how some people think of portals. In many cases, it's a swirling windwhirl that you fly through until you get to the other side. But, in reality, you walk through it, and immediately get to your destination. Just but a mere ten seconds ago, we were stepping through the portal. Now, we stumble as we transport to the front of Jewels and Gems. I look to my left, my mind playing with words. I stare at Zander bewildered, as he stares at me with astonishment. "Oh, yes. I just did that." I sass, giving him a cheeky wink. He laughs, rolling his eyes. "Let's go, you minx." He gives me a playful grin, dragging me into the quaint diner.

Once we get through the metal door, we both look around for Violet. And there she is, sitting at a booth at the very far right side of this vintage diner. He and I both make our way to her. She looks up to us, and narrow her eyes. "You scandalous little bleach!" She hisses, causing me to bark out a small laugh. "Where's Jaxton?" She asks as Zander and I slide into the booth across from her. Zander chuckles, shaking his head. "No idea."

Vi gasps, her blue eyes looking at me profoundly, "did you cast him through one of your portals, as well!?" She questions, slamming her hands on the table. I roll my eyes, "no, you git! Zander and I came here through a portal, and he drove." I inform, feeling proud of myself.

She quirks her eyebrow, "how long until he gets here?"

Zander shrugs, "I'm not even sure he has the slightest of idea where to go." He smiles, properly amused. Violet opens her mouth, most likely getting ready to let him have it, but I interrupt. "He took off, assuming we would follow, but we went through a portal instead. So he never got directions." Laughter erupts me.

She stares at me, and I expect her to blow up. But, rather, she laughs. She throws her head back and laughs. Zander and I share a look of confusion, before joining in.

We sit there for a good ten more minutes, just laughing, before Jaxton comes bursting through the door. He angrily looks around, and once his cold, brown eyes spot us, he balls his fists and stalks to our table. Zander shoots us an apologetic look before disappearing. "Bloody bastard!" I hiss, not one bit liking how my boyfriend abandoned me. I would understand if he abandoned Violet, and saved me. But abandoning me!? That is most certainly not okay!

Vi urgently reaches her hand out to me, trying to not to laugh too much. "Grab my hand!" She demands through her laughter. I place my hand in hers, laughing myself. What she intends to do? I haven't the slightest clue. But, I go along with it. I avert my gaze to my left and see an angry Jax nearly to us. Then, within a blink of an eye, he was gone. And we were standing outside, in the middle of the clearing where we always go to practice magic. I gape up to Vi, "YOU CAN TELEPORT ON COMMAND, NOW!?" I exclaim, more than shocked.

"Fancy to see what else we can do?" She suggests. I stare at her, surprised. She's actually wanting to practice? She turned her back on magic, again. I don't understand why she would want to practice.

"Truly?" I ask, still not believing it. She nods, "I've been practicing small things. When I'm alone and I can't harm anyone. I want to see what else I can do! In order for it not to be a threat to us, we must control it. So we must practice, but only small magic." I pull her into a tight embrace, "let's do it!" 

"Watch this." She says confidently, snapping her fingers and making a mirror appear in thin air. She waves her hand in front of it, and a picture starts to form. It's the boys! She waves her hand again, and it starts moving. The boys are driving, looking for us! She snaps and the mirror disappears.

I look at her to see she's already grinning, "Vi, that's so neat!" I praise, fascinated. She nods, "I know! Now, you do something."

I inhale and lift my right hand up, causing little rocks around us to float up and hover my hand. I twirl my finger and they start orbiting my finger. I'm manipulating their gravity! I smile, pleased with myself. "Are you controlling gravity?" Vi asks, appalled. I give her a self content grin, answering her question, and drop my hand, allowing the rocks to fall.

She picks up one of rocks and closes her fists around it. I watch her closely, curious to see what she's about to do. She opens her hand, and in her palm sits not one, but two rocks. Completely identical to one another. She duplicated the rock! She stares down at the rocks and excitedly jumps up. I laugh, I don't know why that's such a shock - considering all of the other powers we possess. But, I let her have her moment of bliss, just glad she's even here practicing with me.

Waving her hand at me, she encourages me to have a go.  I shrug and hold my hand out, slowly bringing it up. "I honestly don't know what I'm doing." I say, I half expect fire to come out, but no. A hologram of Iris escapes my hand. Standing in my palm, is a pixelated picture of my dead baby sister. She's looking at me with big, happy eyes. "Tee?" She asks, reaching her small hand out to me. Tears make their way down my face, I wordlessly stare at the beautiful little girl standing on my hand. "Iris?" Vi softly breathes out, stepping closer. "Vi! You're both here!" Iris squeals, giving us a big smile.

"Princess, it's really you?" I sob, using my free hand to cover my mouth. "Yes!" She enthusiastically nod. "How?" Vi asks, silent tears falling.

Iris gives us a complex look, "I don't know. I was playing with my friend Olivia and then I heard your voice, Tee. I heard you say you don't know what you're doing - so I followed your voice and here I am!" She cheers holding her arms out.

Violet lets out a cry, giving me an unhinged look. I turn my attention back to Iris, "princess, where is everyone else?" I question, giving her a smile.

My little angel is here. I'm talking to my baby.

"Oh, they're all home! Mummy said I can go play for a little." She says, looking delighted. But, then her smile drops, "why aren't you guys with us? We all miss you." Her sad voice hit me like a bloody bullet. I can physically feel my heart breaking. She doesn't know what's going on. Vi and I share an aching look, "princ-" I start, but get cut off.

"Iris? Iris dear! Time for you to come home!" A welcoming voice echos. I gasp, that's mother's voice! Mother is truly there! A painful sob erupts me, making my body tremble. My family, they're together.

"I've got to go, now! I love you, Tee and Vi!" Iris blows us a kiss, before vanishing. "No! Iris! Come back!" I cry out, my tears falling in an unbroken waterfall.

"Get her back, Tee!" Violet wails, grabbing at my arm. I shake my head. She's gone. She left us, again. I clamp my hand closed, "they're together, Vi." I sniffle, hugging her. She shakes in my arms, desperately grabbing my shirt. "I miss them so much, Teegan."

I nod, "I do, t-too." I choke up, feeling the heartbreak and pain of their deaths come swarming back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 2.1K 73
What lengths would a desperate mother go to in order to find her missing daughter? When her teenage daughter goes missing after walking to her fathe...
58K 2.4K 56
The Vampire world that once stayed hidden is now open, ruling the planet and overtaking all humans. With the gang believing they've lost Annalise, th...
21 0 20
Tori: Trapped and lost her memory Tori must rely on Jay to bring her back. Something dark inside her is growing slowly. With the island and cure on i...
Imposter By coolbeast345

Mystery / Thriller

35 1 12
Scared, lost, confused. Those are all emotions we feel when we don't remember something important. After an unexpected car accident, Zaria is forced...