Reunion

بواسطة writingdreams0190

The idea of this story began many months ago when I watched the IIFA Madrid interview of Deepika Padukone and... المزيد

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
A note on why I won't be continuing this any longer

Chapter eleven

825 18 10
بواسطة writingdreams0190

The limo dropped them off close to the front entrance of the stadium. Alia had been able to get passes to the VIP section. "Money and a working knowledge of German," she said with a wink when Ranveer asked her how she'd managed it at such late notice. "You owe me a commission," she joked.

"All your drinks and snacks are on us," he replied, and Deepika nodded. 

"On us? So should I assume you two have reached the 'what's mine is yours' stage?" she teased. 

Deepika shrugged. "What's mine is mine and what's his is mine as well," she said with a gleam of mischief in her eyes. Ranveer pretended to be wounded. "But we'll pay for you tonight nevertheless, as a thank you for booking the tickets. Speaking of which, let me know how much they were and I'll pay you back."

"Excuse me, I?" Ranveer looked offended. They were all standing in a long queue waiting to enter through the gate. Security was high and passes and credentials were being carefully scrutinized. 

Deepika kissed his cheek. "You're here because I asked. I know you wanted to go to Paris."

"I want to go wherever you go. Paris is just a place." Ranveer smiled at her and she blushed. 

"Oh god, guys, so cheesy!" Alia rolled her eyes.

Deepika laughed. "See, I keep telling you you're the cheesy one," she teased Ranveer.

"Excuse me, I think she called us both cheesy." Ranveer slipped his arm around Deepika's waist and pulled her closer. 

Alia rolled her eyes again. "Yo, lovebirds, we're up next at the gate if you'd like to join us."

Deepika blushed and disentangled herself. They got through security with no problems. Once inside, they could see dozens of food and drink stalls doing a roaring business. The smell of the food made her realize that she'd eaten nothing since their meal at the airport and that she was starving. The evening's activities had left her with a craving for salt and starch. "Fries, I want fries," she said. Alia looked at her strangely. "What?" she asked her.

Alia shook her head. "Let's go get some. I want fries, too. We'll meet you inside, Ranveer. Hold our seats!" She linked her arm in Deepika's and they headed to the stall selling burgers and fries. Once there, they ordered burgers and milkshakes along with the fries. 

Deepika shrugged at Alia as she paid, feeling the need to explain the quantity of food. "We had a measly lunch at the airport. I'm starving and I'm sure Ranveer is, too." She paid for a couple of bottles of water as well and opened hers to sip from while they waited. 

Alia giggled. "Oh I'm sure he is. You guys sounded quite energetic on the phone this morning."

Deepika began to cough around the water. She caught Alia's mischievous look and blushed tomato red. "Umm, that is, uh, sorry?"

"You certainly didn't sound sorry this morning." 

Deepika blushed deeper.

"It was quite eye-opening, actually, to know that you, always so proper and poised, could use words like that."

"Alia, stop." Deepika hit her shoulder. She laughed. 

"I mean, I'd heard stories of you two being crazy on the sets of Ram Leela and at parties around that time, but I didn't know whether to believe them. I guess now I don't have to wonder any more," Alia smiled a smug smiled at her. 

Deepika blushed more. "We, umm, got carried away a bit this morning. I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable. We're not usually so indiscreet. Not these days, anyway," she acknowledged with a smile of her own.

Alia laughed. "No, don't worry, I wasn't uncomfortable. Just amused. And to be honest, the teensiest bit jealous. Haye, I wish someone would look at me the way Ranveer looks at you."

Deepika blushed deeper at that, a soft smile lighting her face. "I'm sure someone will. Give it time. When I was your age, well, no, I have no regrets about when I was your age. I made a few mistakes, but I wouldn't change anything. Because without them, I don't think I would be here."

Alia nodded. "I get that. Love is worth waiting for, yes?"

Deepika nodded as well, fingering the chain around her neck. "And worth working for." Her eyes took on a faraway look. Their order was called and they stepped up to collect it.

As they walked to the stands, their hands full of snacks, Alia smirked and said, "Well Ranveer was certainly working for it this morning."

"Alia!" Deepika hissed at her, wanting to hit her arm again but unable to because of the things she was carrying. 

"Did I hear my name?" Ranveer appeared at the foot of the stairs leading up to their seats. Deepika blushed and Alia laughed. 

"No but I did," she said, confusing Ranveer and embarrassing Deepika even more. "Here, be useful and carry some of this." She gestured to the food and drinks.

"Yes, ma'am." He took the tray with the drinks in it and began climbing the stairs. 

Alia nudged Deepika. "Nice view you've got there."

Deepika began laughing. She hadn't spent a lot of time with Alia before, so she'd never seen this mischievous side of her. It called out her own streak of mischief. "I know," she nudged Alia right back. They were still walking up the stairs when Ranveer reached their row and began making his way past people. He turned to look at them. They looked at him, then at each other, and giggled. He raised a confused eyebrow at Deepika and she shook her head. He shrugged and walked on. 

Their party of nine people was seated in the middle of the tenth row of seats. The stadium was filling rapidly with people and the arclights were on to help them seat themselves. A German opening act was currently onstage. They seemed quite popular. Some of the people around them were singing along to the lyrics displayed on a large electronic board that wrapped around the stage. The arclights switched off and the crowd roared as multicoloured spotlights came on in its stead. The lights moved and pulsed in rhythm with the music. 

Deepika passed the food and snacks around, snagging two large burgers and milkshakes for herself and Ranveer. They ate as fast as they could, not wanting to miss the main act. It was messy in the dark with people around them dancing but hunger was a good motivator. They stood and joined the rest of their wildly dancing group when the food was done. The rows in this section were wide enough to move around comfortably. They had handrails at the front to protect people from accidentally falling into the lower row of seats. 

The band playing finished the last song and the audience applauded. The stage went dark. The crowd roared, calling for the main act to come on as the lights flashed. The stadium was filled to capacity. When the first strains of the guitar sounded, the crowd roared even louder. Screams filled the air as the lights came up and the sound of the piano joined the guitar. The band launched into the opening of their famous song 'The Scientist'. The crowd roared again before quieting down. When the band reached the refrain, "nobody said it was easy," the audience joined in. People held up mobile phones with their flashlights on. 

When the song ended the band launched into an upbeat number that had the crowd screaming and dancing. Deepika joined in. After a couple of songs had passed, Ranveer pulled her close and spoke into her ear, "I'm glad you asked me to come. I'd forgotten how fun it is to just jump and dance with a crowd." He had to shout to make himself heard over the loud music but it was worth it when she smiled at him and linked her arms around his neck. The song the band was playing now still had a swaying beat but was slightly slower, enough that they weren't the only ones dancing pressed to their partners. He snuck his hands beneath the jacket she wore, bracing himself mentally for the touch of her bare skin. The feel of it, damp and hot and silky beneath his palms, sizzled through him. He shook his head. He'd never be prepared for her. 

She arched her back beneath his hands and he had to force himself not to take the invitation in that movement. He wanted to stay in the moment, to enjoy the happiness on her face, the feel of her body moving in rhythm to the beat of the music. To just be a man in love with a beautiful woman. More importantly, he wanted to give her that. With how well-known she had become, especially the last few years, she rarely got the chance to just let loose like this. She caught his pensive gaze and tilted her head in a silent question. He shook his head and dipped her back. She laughed and grabbed his arms as he righted her, the question forgotten. They danced and danced until the band announced a short break.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

119K 4.8K 54
******* Every story has an end. But in life, every end is a new beginning.******* ------------------------------------------------------------ His vo...
1.3M 10K 17
#Mature Content in later chapters# A sharp pull by my wrist brought me back to the wall. I hold my breath for a moment. "what the hell" I cussed. ...
6.3K 626 36
**This book is not edited and I don't have any intensions to do so as well. So read at your own risk** ------------------------ "Are we going to be j...
25.7K 443 16
I thought long and hard about posting this. It is another story based off of what we know about the real actors, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh...