Ascension

By lkhunt0814

There is no such thing as a good side and bad side in a war. We are both the good and bad side. It just depen... More

Elijah
Lorelei
Elijah
Lorelei
Elijah
Lorelei
Elijah
Indiana
Elijah
Lorelei
Elijah
Indiana
Lorelei
Elijah
Lorelei
Indiana
Elijah
Lorelei
Elijah
Indiana
Lorelei
Elijah
Indiana
Alivia
Lorelei
Elijah
Elijah
Lorelei
Indiana
Elijah
Alivia
Lorelei
Elijah
Indiana
Lorelei
Alivia
Indiana
Elijah
Lorelei
Indiana
Elijah
Lorelei
Indiana
Elijah
Alivia
Lorelei
Indiana
Elijah
Elijah
Lorelei
Alivia
Elijah
Lorelei
Elijah
Lorelei
Elijah
Lorelei
Indiana
Elijah
Lorelei
Alivia
Indiana
Alivia
Lorelei
Elijah
Alivia
Lorelei
Willow
Indiana
Lorelei
Elijah
Lorelei
Indiana
Lorelei
Elijah
Lorelei
August
Elijah
America's Letter to the Council
Alexandra

Elijah

4 4 0
By lkhunt0814

Lorelei cut her hair. It doesn't look bad but it's different. I might take a while to get used to it. She's still really pretty though.

When we got in the air we relaxed into our seats. Well after our initial take off we relaxed. Lorelei was getting airsick for the first hour or so. Actually Lorelei relaxed into her seat. I couldn't. My mind was still filled with the conversation I had with my mother.

It freaks me out that she has the upper hand over us at the moment. Alexandra is one scary woman. I don't care that she raised me, we lost all connection when she threatened Lorelei for the first time.

"Elijah? You zoned out. Do you need to tell me something?" Lorelei interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh sorry. Did I tell you I liked your hair?" I asked her.

Lorelei self consciously grabbed at her shortened hair. I'm not sure if she regrets her decision to cut it or not. It was such a change. Her hair was really wavy and that seemed to make it seem shorter.

"Yes only the last few times." Lorelei laughs a little.

I guess she wanted change. Something she could be in control of and I guess she assumed her physical appearance was the only thing she was actually in control of changing.

I guess it makes sense in my mind. All of us need some way to deal with the tragedies that have happened to us. When I looked over at Lorelei she was writing in a journal.

"What are you writing?" I asked looking over her shoulder.

"N-nothing!" She stammered as she snapped the book shut.

"I may not be extremely bright but I'm pretty sure you were writing something." I point out.

Lorelei looks down at her lap where the black notebook rests. Then she looks back up at me.

"Fine, but only when I'm done." She tells me in complete seriousness.

"Right." I nod.

She gets back to writing in her notebook and it leaves me to wonder about what she's writing. What is going on in her head. The one thing no one can understand, the mind of a teenage girl. Maybe this time I can understand just a little bit.

After sitting for a few minutes Lorelei hands over her note book and in her small and delicate handwriting is a poem.

A single moment

So bittersweet

A ghost in my memory

Do I free it

Or hold on forever

A single moment

So finite

One decision

So big

Yet so small

So huge

But in the end

Nothing at all

I feel like

A stranger in

My mind

Like an intruder

Wandering aimlessly

With no business there

I must leave

But I can't

I have to leave

Before this poem ends

But a poem

Never ends

It just stops moving

Holy crap. I didn't expect Lorelei to be a poet. But here is my proof. Lorelei placed before me a poem filled with a deeper meaning than I ever thought possible.

"Oh my stars. Lorelei this poem is so good." I read over it again.

"Thanks. But it's just something I threw together." She was being modest.

"When did you start writing poetry?" I asked her.

"Oh I've been writing poetry forever. It's kind of like a therapy kind of thing." Lorelei smiles.

"I can understand that." I tell her.

"It's kind of embarrassing though. Sometimes I used to think that I lived only for poetry." She looked down at her lap and her short hair falls into her face.

I brush it away.

"You know I feel like short hair suits you more than your long hair." I tell her.

Lorelei gives me a side smile as she tucks her hair behind her ear.

"Why did you cut it though." I asked her.

"I don't know. I was feeling awful that night. I just couldn't stand myself. I needed to change something so I took it out on my hair. I bet if I was thinking straight I could have at least made the cuts even." She smirked a little.

"It looks good." I answer immediately.

"Thanks." She smirked.

"Is there another poem I can read soon?" I asked her.

"Sure." She flipped to a page in her little black journal and handed it to me.

Pristine white

So pure

Gliding effortlessly

Twirling elegantly

Round and around

In endless circles

Until he came

Bleeding black

Over my white

I shoved him out

He shoved me back in

His darkness

Puzzles me

He grabs my waist

He pulls me tight

We blend together

He leaves

Black finger prints

Where he

Holds me close

The pristine white

The coal black

Blends to grey

We stand out

But dance together

In beautiful harmony

Is this poem about me? I can't think of anyone else it would be about.

"I wrote this a few months ago. And yes it is about you. It was back when we were broken up and I realized just how different we were and how deeply you influenced me." Lorelei looked down at the page.

I examined it more closely. The ink was ruined in some places. Tears stained the pages. Did she cry during this poem? Did she cry over me?

"What did you mean when you said 'he leaves black fingerprints where he holds me close'?" I asked her softly.

"I mean how much you influenced me and my decisions. I would look back at my choices and realize had I not met you I would have been a completely different person. You leave marks on me, whether or not you see them." She explains to me.

"I hope you understand what I'm getting at." She whispers aloud but mostly to herself.

"I believe I am." I tell her.

I get that it was rhetorical but I think she needed to know that I did understand her and all her thinking. Well maybe not all her thinking but enough to understand parts of her.

"Everything is going to be different when we land isn't it?" Lorelei asks me.

"Yep." I acknowledged.

"heaven help us all." Lorelei sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 185 54
Before the fall of Earth humanity built a great colony ship, ten thousand of the colonist left Earth for a hundred year journey to Gillespie. They ca...
1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
162 2 16
In the distant future of the 28th century, mankind survived near extinction and then made it into the wider galaxy, with almost no other sapient life...
1.8K 365 37
I am not from this planet. Hell, I am technically not from this galaxy. However, that doesn't change the fact I am here now, and my job is to save wh...