Reborn (Apollo x OC)

By lavishlife

The oracle gripped her hair and slowly tore it open through its tangles. Her clouded eyes met Zeus's lighteni... More

Introduction and Characters
Chapter 1 "Islands of Ice."
Chapter 2 "Glaciers."
Chapter 3 "The Titaness."
Chapter 4 "The Girl."
Chapter 5 "The Gods."
Chapter 6 "A Name..."
Chapter 7 "Preservation"
Chapter 8 "Blood and War."
Chapter 9 "The Sun see's all."
Chapter 10 "Plotting."
Chapter 11 "Seducing The God of War."
Chapter 12 "Love."
Chapter 13 "Camp what?!"
Chapter 14 "Punishment."
Chapter 15 "Titaness to Demi-Goddess"
Chapter 16 "Godly Errands"
Chapter 18 "Silver Arrow"
Chapter 19 "Rose Chariot"
Chapter 20 "An Ancient Love"
Chapter 21 "A Promise"
Chapter 22 "God of Whining"
Chapter 23 "Change of Plans"
Chapter 24 "A Terrible Promise."
Chapter 25 "Unresolved Feelings"
Chapter 26 "Prying Eyes"
Chapter 27 "forced into confession"
Chapter 28 "Golden Eyes, Frozen Tears."
Chapter 29 "The Imposter"
Chapter 30 "A Warm Touch"

Chapter 17 "The Gift"

4.4K 142 12
By lavishlife

APOLLO'S POV

"Where the hell is she?!"

Kelly tripped over herself as she backed away in fear, she was breathing heavily and you could practically see how brittle she was through her eyes. She could twirl her hair and try to manipulate me all she wanted but I am a god, I won't be fooled with by a Demi-goddess; someone lesser than me. I've played this game far too many times, I've been lied to and cheated by mortals since their existence. She's no exception.

"I don't know!" She cried.

I growled and she flinched immediately. I knew she was telling the truth. I was just angry, enraged at her for possibly causing this. I see everything and know everything, I can see the guilt on her seemingly average face.

"You're useless." I spat.

I turned away from her with my arms crossed, my face twisted with anger and confusion.

"I say we force the information out of her." Sneered Ares who was sharpening a stick, he had a wicked grin on his stupid handsome face.

"She's telling the truth... I'm just irritated." I sighed.

"Are you sure? We could always get a boiling pot of-"

"I'm the god of truth you fool, I know what I'm talking about." I snapped at him.

Ares huffed, "I'm no fool!"

"That's entirely debatable..."

Kelly had pulled herself off the ground and ran off in the other direction, I ignored her and continued dealing with Ares.

"Besides, who cares about the brat. That's one less problem for us to worry about, let her be lost or whatever." Said Ares with a snicker.

I glared at him over my shoulder. "Absolutely not." I said through gritted teeth.

Ares dropped his stick and stood up with his arms crossed, "why do you care about her so much? Huh? You in love with her or something."

I scoffed, I opened my mouth to speak but I forget that I only speak the truth. I mouthed "No" but nothing came out, I was lying to myself. I simply shook my head, "She's a Titaness, She's a danger to humanity and we need to keep track of her."

"Sureee. Whatever the reason, count me out. I'm not helping you find some girl just so you can get laid." Said Ares rolling his eyes.

I ignored him and left to find Chiron.

As I walked through the camp my mind drifted to her. I couldn't help it. Part of me was worried for her safety, she wasn't exactly dangerous and was mostly ignorant. What if she meddled with something dark, something that could corrupt her... she was pure and naive, a symbol of innocence. I thought about her beauty, her long white hair and icy eyes that pierced into yours. That calculating expression she always had and youthfulness yet deep down in her eyes read something ancient, like she was millions upon millions of years old.

I found Chiron standing by the "big house", he looked to be having a hushed conversation with someone I've never seen before. They were Tall and lean, hidden by a baggy black hoodie.

I stood towards them with my arms crossed, Chiron made eye contact with me and quickly ended the conversation with the unknown person. The person looked over their shoulder at me and then walked away without a word.

Chiron turned towards me, "Is everything well-?"

"No, Shiva's missing."

Chiron sighed. He didn't seem surprised...

"For how long?" He asked.

"For a few days. I've already questioned everybody I could and nobody knows. How could she slip out so easy? Is there no supervision or restraints in place to prevent people from leaving camp?" I went on with my arms crossed tightly over my chest.

"We always have supervision... No type of intervention would go unnoticed... unless..." Chiron pondered.

I leaned in "Unless?"

He sighed and looked me in the eye with worry. "Hera."

SHIVA'S POV

Hera nudged me gently with a grin and pointed towards a towering yet unknown building nearby. "There's something in there I need. Fetch it for me will you?" She cooed.

The building was tall and gray, it was almost as if it swayed in the wind like a grain of wheat would in a field. The glass windows reflected the soft grey sky and occasional string of sunlight. It was like a tall mirror reflecting the world. Surrounding it was absolutely nothing. Winding plains of dead grass was all I could see. It was like a wall of land next to a wall of gray sky, the building sitting in the middle.

I looked towards her with a blank expression as I attempted to read her features. I could sense a malicious intent yet I didn't seem to mind. It could just be my own self destructive behavior that's making me do all of this. I knew now what Hera was capable of. After everything that has happened I don't really care what's in store for me next. Everyone hated me already, I was practically worthless and only posed a threat.

I also acknowledged that this mindset is what creates corrupted gods/goddesses. I could show resentment towards being mistreated and alienated. I could fight back. However, I don't want to hurt anyone. I was far too beaten up and exhausted to fight back. I finally knew what I was feeling. I don't feel resentful nor betrayed. I feel worthless.

Without self worth I'm self destructive. I'm hopeless. I'll do what Hera asks me because I have no other purpose.

"What am I fetching." I asked simply.

Hera smiled in approval as if she was expecting an objection. "There's a dreadful woman inside standing behind a marble desk, her name is Beth. Ask her for a package for Penny." explains Hera.

"Who's Penny?" I asked.

"Just an alias. Go on then, stop wasting my time."

I sighed and nodded, within seconds I was outside of the "vehicle" and standing before the mirror building. I began my stride inside.

The inside was just as bland. The celling was high with gray walls and white shiny floor. I could almost see my reflection in the floor. From now on the building is getting called The Building of Reflections.

The lady behind the marble desk, Beth I assume, looked up towards me with a boring eyes. She did appear dreadful. I approached her with a cold expression. "I'm here for a package."

"For." she spoke as if she was making a statement rather than asking a question.

"Penny."

She sighed and walk towards the back disappearing behind a tall wall. A few minutes later she appeared with a large brown package. She shoved it in my grasp and positioned herself back behind her desk.

I opened my mouth to speak but shut it. I got the package, no need for small talk.

I walked back to the vehicle and handed Hera the box from her window as I stood outside. She grinned and began tearing it open. Whatever was inside the box seemed to glow. The golden light illuminated her face.

I wanted to ask what was inside as she looked back at me. "What's inside." I asked.

She grinned even wider. "A gift!"

I raised an eyebrow encouraging more information.

She handed the glowing package towards me. "For you."

I hesitantly took the box, I peered inside and gasped in shock. I held the box away from me like it was filled with rodents.

Inside the box was another box. Pandora's Box.

"You don't like it? That's too bad!" Hera sneered. She pretended to glance at her watch. "Ah, I should be on my way. Someone must attend to Zeus once he realizes what's missing."

I inched towards her. "But why give me this!"

"Revenge of course!" Hera giggled.

With a wave of her hand the vehicle swerved out of the parking lot and drove away leaving standing with the "gift".

I never chose redemption nor wanted anything to do with it. Yet it seems like I've been forced into it.

Author's Notes:

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates the past few MONTHS. I'm a college student with a job and haven't had time to write. I finally found some time and it's nearing break so I hope to update more frequently. I had 3000 reads from my last update and it's doubled since! Thank you guys so much for 6000 reads!

Please make sure to leave a favorite and comment. It encourages me to write more knowing people are reading my stuff and enjoy it! I'll respond to comments! Let me know how this update was and what you think will happen next!

-Emma

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 1.2K 45
thank you for 61k reads 🙏 "I dare you to ask Poseidon out." That was too much for Athena. But if she doesn't do it... eternal annoyance from Aphro...
319 6 10
I give him an angry glare. "Another reason why I left Olympus is because I don't want to deal with you gods. So why don't you leave me alone and go a...
435 53 13
There was a time when Antheia feared death above all else. After all, what else did a goddess have to fear? However, after thousands of years, she k...
6 0 6
Archeologist Xander Grail and his Husband, Snake Averous, a specialist in Art History and ancient languages, are invited to investigate a mysterious...