That One Guy and His Rose (Ru...

By The_Kool_Aid_Guy

The third volume and turning point in the RWBY series. Your relationship status is well and you and your team... More

Round one and Another on me
New Challengers and Old Challenges
The fallen destiny
Beacon
Home (Bonus Chapter)

Lessons learned and Learning more

2.4K 38 33
By The_Kool_Aid_Guy

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. School's already been troublesome and the first day so much stuff happened in the more important areas in my school life and it was messing with my head a lot, but I'm better and I'm back now, but I'll be posting on weekends from here on out. Sorry about this!

(POV: 3rd)

Cinder: And you're sure?

Mercury: Bad hair, used a scythe, and smelled like my dad after a long day. It was him.

Emerald: What do we do?

Cinder: Nothing. We stay the course. They have no idea who we are, so we have no reason to worry.

Emerald: Actually, we may have one.

Cinder: What?

Emerald: (Y/N) (L/N).

Cinder: Ah, yes. The boy with knowledge of future events. He knows who we are, correct?

Emerald: Yes ma'am.

Cinder: Any suggestions, Green?

Bryan: (scroll) We can't wait any longer. He knows too much. I'll take him myself if I have to.

Cinder: Sure you can. Nobody will notice how discreet you're being with that... virus, that seems to be spreading all over your skin.

Olivia: (scroll) It's not a virus. He tapped into his semblance a bit to much. The experiment should have made it so that he could tap into more of it, but he exited the machine too early. It's just a skin change, nothing too serious seems to be happening.

Cinder: Well, for his sake, you should hope that it isn't. I cannot believe I'm saying this, but Green is right. We seem to be forgetting something. Would anyone like to take a guess?

Emerald: Yeah... yeah, actually. He tested me earlier, but his teammates still acted friendly. He knows who we are, but it doesn't look like he's told anyone.

Cinder: Correct, which means that he has a plan of some sort. We must remove him from this... equation if we are to succeed.

Mercury: Hey, Bryan. Aren't you from the same world as him?

Bryan: Yeah, why?

Mercury: Don't you have any information about the future?

Bryan: I already told you, I don't know anything past the first season. I have no Idea when we could be in right now.

Cinder: How disappointing. Just as I expected.

Bryan: Hey, I'm not the dumbass in the group... wait a second...

Olivia: What?

Bryan: You say we're making our move later. You plan to take out the "Invincible girl" when we do. I know one bit of information that may or may not help us.

Cinder: Tell us what you know. Any information could help us win this. As of this moment, you hold the key to our victory.

Bryan: If you Pyrrha Nikos is to die, that must mean we've entered the third season. This means that (Y/N) plans to stop the grimm invasion from happening. We have to take him out as soon as possible.

Timeskip, Morning

Port: (loudspeaker) The randomization process is complete! Ladies and gentlemen, your doubles tournament fighters!

RWBY, JNPR, and SSSN cheer for the second year students of Beacon. As Ruby sits down, you grab her hand and hold it tightly.

Ruby: (Y/N)? What's wrong?

(Y/N): Ruby, who do you think would win this fight on any day?

Ruby: Don't you already know? Besides, Coco and Yatsuhashi are totally the winners. No future knowledge needed!

(Y/N): That's what they want you to think...

Ruby: Hmm?

(Y/N): (Let's go) Nothing, just watch the fight.

Ruby: Uh... okay. Why is he acting so weird today?

Port: Emerald and Mercury of Haven, VS Coco ans Yatsuhashi of Beacon!

Velvet: Good luck you two!

The arena splits into four sections. Geysers, forest, a tall grass field, and Mountain Glenn.

Coco: Hey! Love the outfit kid!

Emerald: I'll try not to get blood on it.

Yatsuhashi: I can't promise you'll leave without a scratch.

Emerald: I won't be the one bleeding.

Coco: Oh, I like her!

Port: 3... 2... 1... Begin!

Mercury and Emerald back into the grass and Coco nods at her teammate. She pulls out her gattling gun and begins to fire. She completely destroys the tall grass but Mercury and Emerald are no where to be seen. Yatsuhashi gets into a stance, but gets confused when they both see nothing.

Blake: Look out!

Mercury comes flying down and Yatsuhashi pushes Coco out of the way. He blocks with his greatsword and throws him off. Mercury runs in a circle as Coco shoots at him with her gun.

Sun: He's good!

Scarlet: Yeah, but where's the girl?

Mercury dodges a hit from Coco while focusing his attention on Yatsuhashi. He kicks him and while he's in shock from the kick, he jump-flips and kicks him in the face. Coco fires at him again. He jumps to avoid the shots Yatsuhashi hits him, pushing him back. He grabs onto Coco and pushes the barrels of her gun to Yatsuhashi's chest. Coco pulls it back and transforms it into her handbag. She tries to hit Mercury with it, but he backflips and dodges all attacks from her. He fires two shots from his boots and Coco blocks one with her bag. The other falls somewhere behind them. They focus their attention on that one, but when they turn around, Mercury has fired a large amount of shots and is spinning them around with his legs. Cuz his legs are magnetic or something. He directs them all at his opponents. They are all blocked or dodged. He lands a few in the ground, creating a cloud of smoke. He runs up behind them and exchanges between kicking Yatsuhashi and Coco. He kicks her to the ground and as she stands up, a chain wraps around her and drags her into the forest.

Yatsuhashi: Coco!

Mercury kicks him in the face, but Yatsuhashi grabs his neck and throws him towards the geyser field. He jumps and swings down, but mercury blocks with his boots and kicks away. The force of the impact causes a bunch of geysers to go off simultaneously. Mercury sweep kicks Yatsuhashi but he dodges and swings at him. The two continue to swing and kick at each other, blocking one another's attack. Yatsuhashi swings down and causes some ground to shatter. Mercury tries to kick him in the chest but he grabs Mercury's leg. Mercury flips and knocks Yatsuhashi directly onto a geyser. It goes off and Yatsuhashi screams.

(Y/N): Ooh! That had to have hurt.

As Yatsuhashi gets up, he tries to stand straight. When his vision clears, Mercury kicks him in the face. Meanwhile, Coco is dragged into the forest and hits her back on a tree. She falls to her knees and feels her face. Her shades are gone. She looks over to the ground next to her and sees that they've broken.

Coco I take it back. I don't like her.

Emerald fires at her and Coco backflips, barely dodging it. She pulls her gatting gun back out and fires at Emerald, who is now in the trees. Emerald fires back before extending the hooks on her guns. She starts swinging through the trees as Coco continues to shoot at her. Emerald soon disappears behind a tree and Coco stops firing.

Coco: Damn!

Yatsuhashi: Coco!

Coco: Watch out! She's in the trees!

The buzzer sounds.

Port: Oh! And with that final blow, Yatsuhashi is eliminated!

Coco: What!?

She turns around and sees that her teammate is gone. She starts shaking in fear as she backs up. And slowly looks around.

Coco: Damn!

Emerald creeps up behind her and knocks her away. She flies all the way to where Yatsuhashi lays, defeated.

Oobleck: And with an amazing upset, Emerald and Mercury are victorious!

Velvet: Coco?

Fox puts his hand on her shoulder. You look over to the other two members of team CFVY.

(Y/N): I'm... sorry...

Velvet: It's okay... there's nothing you could have done.

(Y/N): Right...

Ruby looks at you worriedly. She holds your hand.

Ruby: (Y/N)? What is it?

(Y/N): Was there anything I could have done?

Ruby: Huh? What are you talking about?

You stare at your defeated colleagues. You look scared. You turn around and see Cinder walking away. She stops right as she reaches the end of the row. She turns her head and you stare at her. She doesn't smirk seeing as Ruby is there with you and she doesn't want to give herself away. She continues to walk away. You clench your fist. Ruby puts her other hand on your fist and it slowly starts to calm down. You blink and you break out of your trance. You look at Ruby and smile.

(Y/N): (gets up and stretches) Weeelll.... That was a good fight. Wanna go play some video games? We can invite Qrow!

Ruby: Huh? Oh yeah! Sure! What is going on?

Timeskip, RWBY dorm.

(POV: Ruby) You'll never beat me old man!

Qrow: You're nothing but talk, kid.

Yang: You can do it Ruby!

(Y/N): Ruby, block. Block! BLOCK!

TV: Soaring ninja wins!

I put my head down in defeat. I can't believe I just lost to my uncle. Good thing (Y/N) was there to comfort me.

Yang: Ouch.

(Y/N): (Patting Ruby's shoulder) You did what you could.

(Y/N) was acting normal again after acting weirdly during CFVY's fight earlier. He didn't seem to want to talk about it. Every time I tried to ask him, he'd always find a way to dodge the question. Good thing he was feeling better.

Qrow: And by the way, don't ever call me old.

Yang knocks me back and grabs my controller. (Y/N) rushes over to help me back up. We both sit down.

Yang: My turn!

TV: New challenger approaches!

Qrow: Now, where was I?

Ruby: You were telling us about your last mission!

Qrow: Right right. I come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.

Ruby: What were you doing there?

Qrow: I needed information. Tired from fighting grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town inn. The place was crawling with low-lives and thugs. Even a few huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less than reputable people for less than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened.

Yang: What happened?

(Y/N): Here it comes...

Qrow: I was defeated... by the length of the innkeepers skirt length!

Yang throws the doggo pillow at Qrow and he catches it.

TV: Soaring ninja wins! Total annihilation!

Yang: You are the worst!

I begin to laugh and Uncle Qrow and (Y/N) join in the laughter.

Qrow: Best two out of three?

(Y/N): Forget about me?

He grabs the remote and spins it on his finger. He catches it as it falls and the game starts. I sit on Weiss' bed.

TV: New challenger approaches!

Ruby: So Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?

Qrow: Ah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool.

Yang: (scoffs) Cool for an old guy.

Qrow: Not funny.

(Y/N): Don't worry about it. You don't look that old.

Ruby: Hey, so, what are you doing here anyway? I thought dad said you'd be away on a mission? For like, ever.

TV: Ready? Fight!

Qrow: Well, a professional huntsman like my self is expected to get results as soon as possible.

Ruby: Yeah, I get that. Heh, we're pretty much pros too.

Qrow: Oh really?

Yang: Pssh, yeah! Read the news sometime! We totally saved Vale while you were gone.

Qrow: Funny, because I heard Vale suffered a grimm attack after you almost managed to stop a train.

TV: Scarlet Spider wins!

(Y/N): Well, I'd like to think of that as a... almost victory. And this was a total victory. (Points at TV)

Qrow: Well shrimp, they don't give out medals for almost victories.

Ruby: They do and they're called silver!

Yang: We helped take down Roman Torchwick! He's locked up in Ironwood's ship and crime's been down ever since. That's basically a bounty mission.

(Y/N): Now might be a good time to talk about the... other kid.

Qrow: Oh yea? What about him?

(Y/N): He's... kinda dead...

Qrow: WHAT!?

(Y/N): Yeah... I shot a bullet and it exploded. He got caught in the explosion too and I didn't see him after the train crashed... so... yeah... dead.

Qrow: Kid, I thought you were trying to get him to team up with you!

(Y/N): I did, I was! He just... joined Torchwick before we got to him and... he hurt Ruby. After that, something just clicked. I mean... I hardly felt anything from my injuries after that fight at Mountain Glenn.

Ruby: Yeah, he didn't even have a weapon but he still kept on fighting! That's pretty professional if you ask me.

Qrow: Sure, you may be acting like Huntsmen and Huntresses, but you're not thinking like them. You really think four girls, shrimp, and all of their friends could really end all crime in the kingdom?

(Y/N): Uh, kinda?

Ruby: I mean, I did until you said that.

Qrow: Violence hasn't dropped since Roman got nabbed. It's stopped, completey. No white fang activity anywhere around the city. You cut off the head of a king taijitu, but now the second head is calling the shots. That's what Ironwood can't get through that thick metal head of his.

Yang: You... know the General?

Qrow: Hey, I know everybody to some extent. Remember, you're talking to a member of the coolest team to graduate Beacon.

He pulls out a picture of his team. It has Uncle Qrow, my dad, Yang's mom, and my mom.

Qrow: Team STRQ. That's when I met your parents. We were pretty well known back in the day.

Ruby: Well known for crummy fashion sense!

Qrow: Hey, we looked good! And I have a number of inappropriate stories stories to back that up.

He notices that Yang is staring at the picture a little too much and he puts it away.

Qrow: But... (Stands up) I'll save those for when you're older.

Ruby: Ugh! Gross!

Qrow: Anyway, I'm too old to be hanging out with a bunch of kids. You're gonna cramp my style. Look, just remember that you've still got a long way to go. And don't think for a second that graduating means you're done. Every day out there is worth a week in this place. You two, you're gonna go far. Oh, and don't forget to take shrimp with you. Never stop moving forward. (Walks away.)

Yang: Don't worry Uncle Qrow. Ruby's not gonna leave (Y/N) anywhere. Isn't that right Ruby?

I glare at Yang and Qrow pokes his head back in the doorway. I stare at him and (Y/N) freezes.

Qrow: What's that supposed to mean?

Yang: Why are you guys being so quiet? Usually you're always lovey dovey.

(Y/N): (Internally screaming in both anger and fear)

Qrow: What is she talking about shrimp?

Ruby: Nothing! She's... talking about nothing, hehe...

Qrow raises an eyebrow and walks back into the room.

Yang: What? Doesn't he know?

(Y/N): (Nervously) Uh, so... who wants cookies? Me too! I'll go get some.

He stands to leave the room but Qrow grabs his shoulder as he leaves. (Y/N) slowly turns his head.

Qrow: Tell me Yang, what's going on?

Yang: (Y/N) and Ruby are together. Seriously, you didn't know?

Qrow: I do know. First off, lemme say this one thing...

(Y/N) and I look at each other with fear, but Qrow's frown curves into a smile.

Qrow: Congrats, shrimp! I knew you had game! I'd almost given up on you after that time when we were around mistral. Remember that time at the inn?

(Y/N): We slept in the rain cuz you got us kicked out. How could I not remember?

Qrow laughs and pats (Y/N)'s shoulder. (Y/N) let's out a nervous laugh and I let out a sigh of relief.

Qrow: Come talk with me.

Again, I begin to get worried. I stand up and walk over to them. Qrow stops me.

Qrow: Don't worry Ruby. I won't kill him or anything, but we're gonna have a talk. It'll be fine.

Ruby: Ooh... It had better be!

Qrow: Whoa, chill out kid! Shrimp, let's go.

(POV Y/N)

We walked out of the RWBY dorm and Qrow takes his hand off my shoulder. We walk down the hallway in silence. We stop when we're outside of the school.

(Y/N): So... is this the part where I die?

Qrow: Yes.

(Y/N): GAH!

Qrow: (laughing) I'm kidding! I'm not gonna kill you. But on a more serious note, you're dating my niece. If you-

(Y/N): I wouldn't hurt her. Ever. She's too nice and you don't treat somebody who's helped you so much like that. It's been months and we've been together for that long. I'm not planning on leaving her any time soon. You can count on that.

Qrow: Huh. How much do you like her?

(Y/N): Well, I've um... I've told her I love her...

Qrow: And does she return the feeling?

(Y/N): Yeah. She's told me before... multiple times. Are you mad?

Qrow: I already said no. I'm proud of you for finding someone and I'm proud of her for liking such a loser like you.

(Y/N): Hey now, I'm not that bad, am I?

Qrow: Tell me, (Y/N). How long do you plan on dating her? Any plans?

(Y/N): What!? Qrow, we're 15!!

Qrow:(Smacks your head) No you dumbass! I meant have you done something like... oh, I dunno, pick out a ring?

(Y/N): Wait, why do you wanna know so much about-

Qrow: Just answer the damn question.

I reach into my inside chest pocket and pull out the shard of Destiny's Ward.

Qrow: What is this?

(Y/N): It's what's left of the hand cannon you gave me for my last birthday.

Qrow: And the other one?

(Y/N): It's... gone.

Qrow: So you're gonna give her a piece of metal? (Sarcastically) How romantic.

(Y/N): Shut up! Also, I plan on having this melted down sometime during season 4.

Qrow: Wait a minute... when is... everything gonna go down? At Beacon, I mean.

(Y/N): In a week or so. Did Ozpin find a guardian yet?

Qrow: Yeah, he did.

(Y/N): Good. Keep doing everything you're doing right now just stay the course. You'll know what to do when it happens.

Qrow: Only if you're sure.

(Y/N): We'll be fine. Tell Oz to set up a meeting with the Fall maiden candidate tomorrow. I'll be there too. For now, I need to be careful. Somebody here might know who I am.

Qrow: Can you tell us?

(Y/N): (Lies) I don't know who they are.

Qrow: Hmm... alright. Go back to your team. I'll let Oz know.

(Y/N): Right. See ya. (Walks away)

Qrow: Hey (Y/N)!

(Y/N): Hmm?

Qrow: You have my blessing. Take care of her Shrimp. Always protect her.

(Y/N): That's the plan.

I run back to the dorm room using my semblance. I put the shard of metal back in my chest pocket.

Ruby: So how'd it go?

(Y/N): Oh, he just gave me a "scary talk". It was fine.

I walk up to Ruby and hug her. She hugs me back.

Ruby: Was it that scary?

(Y/N): No, but I think I'm gonna get back to those cookies I mentioned earlier. You wanna come with me?

She grabs my hand.

Ruby: Of course I will.

Sorry if this chapter seems shorter. I wanna keep some of the story here with me just in case I wanna change something later, but I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you tomorrow!

-The Kool Aid Guy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 713 15
Final Part of "Hello Old Friend" The journey may have ended at Haven, the march to victory must go on. And going to war with your girlfriend, sure...
1.4K 50 5
The Vytal tournaments are here and Red team is Somewhat ready. Follow Red team as they fight, fly, and even scream there way through this volume. I d...
15.4K 257 13
RWBY and all characters are owned by RoosterTeeth RWBY cafe AU! Blake and Weiss meet in an odd shift of fate and heroism. As they progress in their f...
64.5K 1.3K 36
Story of Ruby Rose with her team RWBY. Crappy life to become huntresses, as well as stuck in love conflicts. *RWBY OWNED BY ROOSTER TEETH*