Surrender: The Flash (2)

By Book_Lover_37

"What made you change your mind?" "I just realized I have to stop thinking about the future and live in the m... More

About/Disclaimer/Cast
Season One Recap
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
8.1.0
8.1.1
8.1.2
8.1.3
8.1.4
8.1.5
8.2.0
8.2.1
8.2.2
8.2.3
8.2.4
9.0
9.1
9.2
9.3
9.4
9.5
10.0
10.1
10.2
11.0
11.1
11.2
12.0
12.1
12.2
12.3
13.0
13.1
13.2
13.3
13.4
13.5
14.0
14.1
14.2
14.3
14.4
15.0
15.1
15.2
15.3
15.4
16.0
16.1
16.2
16.3
16.4
17.0
17.1
17.2
17.3
17.4
17.5
18.0
18.1
18.2
18.3
18.4
19.0
19.1
19.2
19.3
20.0
20.1
20.2
21.0
21.1
21.2
21.3
22.0
22.2
22.3
23.0
23.1
23.2
23.3
23.4
That's a Wrap!

22.1

731 22 1
By Book_Lover_37

22.1 priority

"Is this it?" Barry asks, zooming in with a box.

"That's the one."

"All right, great," He says. "Dad, Dr. McGee, Cisco, Liv. Why don't you guys crack this open, see what you can find?"

"Sure," I nod.

"We'll go see what kind of meta-human powers can take down a building like that and how to stop it," Harry says.

"Great. Sounds like fun," Jesse says.

"All right, I'm gonna go see if Joe needs any help in the streets. Everybody cool here? Should be a piece of cake, right?" Barry asks, walking out. We all share a look as Henry walks out to talk to him.

Soon, Cisco's app start beeping. A picture comes up on screen to see a huge lightning bolt symbol on a building. "What is that?" Barry asks waking back in.

"It's CCPD," Cisco answers.

"Zoom."

"Barry. Don't do it.," Henry says. Barry speeds out anyways as I curse.

🔥⚡️

"We can't let Zoom destroy another building," Barry says. "We need to take him down. Now."

"And how do you propose we do that with an army of meta-humans laying waste to Central City?" Harry asks. "We couldn't stop Zoom on my Earth. What makes us different?"

"We're a team," Barry says. "We start with the meta-humans, they're his armor. We take them down first, then Zoom's more vulnerable."

"Barry, we don't even know how many of his minions there are," Caitlin says.

"There could be hundreds, a thousand."

"And all of them, they're all working with different powers."

"It could take weeks to track them all down."

"Guys, we don't have weeks. So what we need do to is come up with a way to stop them all at once," Barry says.

"Again? How?" Harry asks.

"Cisco, your goggles, your camera, they didn't work on Earth-2, right?" Barry asks.

"Yeah, it was a whole different frequency."

"And the way you took down the Time Wraiths, that was based on frequency. Hartley's entire shtick..." Barry trails off.

"I think I'm smelling what you're stepping in," Cisco says.

"Yeah."

"So basically, we create some vibrational tech that can take down the Earth-2 metas," Cisco says.

"Basically."

"I like it," Harry says.

"Me too," Me and Cisco say in unison.

"I'll help," Caitlin says.

"Okay. I'll let you know if I hear anything from CCPN," Iris says as we start to head out.

"You guys..." Barry says, stopping us. "We got this."

🔥⚡️

"Hey," I hear a voice say. The voice sounded as if it was being manipulated, the way a speedster would. Startled, I immediately throw a throwing star at the voice.

"Oww!" I hear a familiar voice exclaim. I turn around and gasp when I see Barry, clutching his shoulder in pain.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I say, moving over to him. I lead him to the med bay, taking out a first aid kit. He sits down on the medical bed and I walk over, slowly, pulling at the throwing star lodged in his shoulder and he hisses. "Ok, this is gonna hurt."

My hands wrap around his as he squeezes them. I move closer, sitting down on his lap. My free hand pulls out the throwing star. As I do, my eyes squeeze shut, as I squeeze Barry's hand back. I set it down to the side, helping him pull of his sweater and shirt. Biting my lip, I grab supplies to start cleaning his wound up. My hands leave Barry's as I move to get a better view of the wound. My hands go around his body as I clean the wound, my head pressed against his cheek. His hands hold my waist, gripping hard. As I clean the wound, I mutter, "You're such an idiot."

"Me? You're the one who threw that at me!" He argues, his eyes snapping open, the grip on my hips loosening. Once I finish wrapping his wound, I pull away from him, meeting his eyes.

"You couldn't of said "Hey" in your regular voice?" I ask him, slapping his chest. "I thought you were Zoom or something!"

"If Zoom was here I would have been by your side in a minute, no matter where I was or what I was doing," Barry says. I search his eyes, knowing what he's saying is true, but I know that I can't expect that of him.

"Thank you, but you know I can protect myself," I tell him, my eyes lowering to his lips so I don't have to look at him.

"Yeah, but, you can trust me to always be there," Barry says.

"I- Look, can we just- Your wound will heal soon with your super-healing," I say, pulling myself off of him.

"Liv?" He asks, his hand on mine, pulling me back over to him. "Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing," I say and he gives me a look. "You won't always be there Barry. I know you'll try your best, but you can't always be there." I rest my free hand on our intertwined ones. "I can't depend on you for this... I can't be your top priority."

"But you're the love of my life. Of course you're my top priority," He says.

"Barry," I say sternly. My eyes narrow as I stare at him. "You are Central City's hero. I can't be your top priority. The city has to be your top priority. You have to protect the city. And I'll be here to protect you... and myself."

"I love you," He argues. "I understand what you're saying... but you can't stop me from trying to protect you."

"But you promise to make this city the top priority?" I ask.

"I- fine. I- I promise," He says hesitantly, as I smile at him.

🔥⚡️

"Barry, we got a major meta-human alert at 5th and Main... get there," Cisco says into the comms as I head to the location.

Me and Barry both reach the place at the same time, facing each other. I start to turn to face the meta but Barry's hands are on me, stopping me from turning around. "Barry, What are you doing?"

"You know, I can take this one by myself," He says quickly, his voice seeming nervous.

"Well, too late, I'm already here....
Why won't you let me-" The words die down from my mouth as I see the meta.

"Why is it always so difficult to choose?" She says as I stand there, wide eyed.

"Guys, what it is?" Cisco asks.

"It's... Laurel Lance."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 4.8K 43
Arielle Murray was hit by a wave of dark matter the same night as many other people, including Barry Allen. Not many people know he is the Flash, but...
11.6K 219 43
Famous psychologist, Aspen Brooks, moved from Starling City to Central City to see her best friends, Caitlin and Cisco. She moved here even after she...
79.9K 2.8K 59
Caitlin Snow and Barry Allen both have traumatic pasts involving Eobard Thawne, or as they know him, Dr. Harrison Wells. He killed Barry's mother, an...
187K 3.7K 25
♡ Season 1 of The Flash ♡ Barry Allen Fanfiction ⚠ I do not own The flash or any character except my Oc Varity all credit goes to CW⚠ Varity Wells t...