Stolen Waters (Descendants Ja...

By vDelightful13

Sylphrenia is the newest lady of the lake and the strongest fairy in all of Auradon. A few years back, the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Part II)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Author's Note
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 39

1.9K 44 2
By vDelightful13

For the next week, Jay, Evie, Mal, Lonnie, Carlos, and Jane all helped to take care of Sylphrenia, but she kept getting steadily worse. She was becoming weaker and weaker, and she had developed a cough. The only good thing was that she had stopped throwing up after the first few days.

All of her friends had tried to convince her not to come to the Greeting Party at Auradon Prep, but Sylphrenia had insisted that she needed to come, at least for the beginning. Only Evie knew her reason, so that morning, she came over to Syl's apartment early and helped her get dressed. Her green dress was loose and simple, but Syl was having a difficult time raising her arms above her head, so Evie helped her get her dress on and do her hair.

Jay arrived at her apartment twenty minutes before they were meant to arrive and Evie left to make some last minute preparations for the day.

Jay drove Syl to Auradon Prep and escorted her to the front lawn, where students, teachers, and parents were all gathered eagerly to greet the newest VKs.

Syl was leaning heavily on her boyfriend's arm as he lead her around the statue of King Beast, and through the bustling crowd of the Auradon Knights marching band, who were wearing their blue and gold uniforms and were blasting out an exciting number. The cheer squad was next to them, and were shaking their pom-poms to the beat, rallying the growing crowd.

"It's perfect," Syl said, leaning closer to Jay. "Much better than the reception you guys had."

Jay laughed, waving to a proud-looking Beast and Belle. "Yeah, all we had was you, Audrey, and Ben."

"The band was there too," Syl protested.

"They ran just about as soon as we came," Jay told her as they approached Evie, Doug, Jane, and Carlos. They were all looking incredibly excited, Doug in his band uniform with Evie beside him, and Carlos telling Jane something as she clutched him arm.

"Hi guys!" Evie exclaimed as Jay and Syl came up next to them. Carlos and Jay bumped their fists together while Evie hugged Syl. When she let go, Syl wobbled for a second on her feet before Jay wrapped an arm back around her waist and leaned her against her shoulder.

"You look terrible, Syl. Maybe you should have skipped the party and met the new VKs after," Jane said, looking at her friend worriedly.

"I had to come," Syl said, sharing a conspiring look with Evie and Doug.

"I'm making her leave after we head to the Isle," Jay told their friends. "Fairy Godmother found someone who was willing to drive her back to her apartment, and she can watch on the television."

Carlos opened his mouth to say something, but before he could, Evie noticed something out of the corner of her eye. "Here they come," she gasped. She and Syl shared anticipating looks as Doug took hold of his baton and started to lead the band.

Jay leaned close to Sylphrenia's ear. "I feel like there's something you're not telling me."

She smiled at him before kissing his cheek. "You'll find out soon."

Mal and Ben made their grand entrance, both dressed decoratively in their respective colors; Mal in purple, and Ben in yellow and blue. Mal surveyed the crowd as Ben adjusted his crown and stepped in front of the crowd to speak. Mal moved to join her friends, but Fairy Godmother blocked her path, murmuring something to her that the crowd couldn't hear. Mal said something as she took her place by Ben's side on the stage, and they waved out to the jubilant audience.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi, one two, one two. Can everybody hear me?" asked Fairy Godmother, testing the microphone. "Ben," she said pointedly and passed him the golden mic.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother," said the king. Then he broke out one of his trademark warm smiles. "What's up, Auradon?" the king belted out. "Thank you, thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon."

Everyone who had crammed themselves onto the front lawn of Auradon prep started cheering and waving flags, clearly excited, however Syl caught sight of Queen Leah, who was clearly displeased. She leaned over to Audrey, who had come back to Auradon prep for the beginning of the next term sporting a new look, and whispered something to her. Audrey nodded back, unsmiling.

"It worked out pretty well with the first four," Ben was telling the crowd.

"Especially for you," Chad shouted back, his blond curls shaking as he laughed at his joke. Audrey said something, scowling and snapping her fingers, and Chad immediately cowered back in obedience. Sylphrenia frowned, worried. She hoped Audrey wouldn't do anything on Mal's special day, but if she did...

Ben gazed out at his subjects, then turned to face Mal and focused only on her. "Mal," he said, smiling at his girlfriend, "this is the exact spot where we first met not so long ago."

Next to Syl, Doug suddenly removed his marching band hat, letting his shoulder-length hair spring free. Evie handed him a guitar, grinning at him. Doug stepped forward, guitar in hand, and began strumming a tune that sounded to Syl like the song that Ben had sung Mal when he was under her love spell.

Ben spoke softly into the mic, addressing Mal. "I feel like I've known you my whole life. Did I mention I'm in love with you?" He sang a few lyrics of the song before bending down on one knee.

Mal gasped, and Jay tightened his arm around Syl's waist.

Ben held out a little blue box. Syl wasn't able to see inside, but she knew that it held a ring with an enormous purple stone encased in a dragon design. It had taken her and Evie months to find the right ring with Ben, but it looked like Mal adored it.

"It's you and me, Mal. It's you and me forever. Will you marry me? Will you wear the crown and be my queen?"

Before Mal could respond, Audrey blurted out, "No!" Syl's head snapped up as the people around her glared at her for the interruption.

"Yes. Yes!" exclaimed Mal, who fortunately hadn't heard Audrey. Happiness danced across her face. The Auradon palace's bells pealed loudly as Ben slipped the ring on Mal's finger, stood up, and kissed her.

The crowd instantly erupted into a wild applause as a cannon released a sea of bubbles into the air. Syl cheered loudly with them, but soon stopped as she started coughing again. Jay, who had been cheering as well, looked down at her, but she shook her head, discreetly wiping her mouth and turning her sleeve toward her so he couldn't see. "I'm fine," she said, looking up and grinning at him. She could tell he was worried, but she wanted him to experience the moment of one of his friends getting married and enjoying VK day. Syl straightened up and pushed his chest slightly. "Carlos is looking for you. I want to go say congratulations to Mal." He looked worried, but Evie appeared at Syl's shoulder.

"I'll take her," she reassured Jay.

He nodded, "I'll see you later," he said, pressing a quick kiss on Syl's cheek before running off.

Evie grabbed Syl's arm and dragged her over to Mal, releasing Syl's arm and hugging Mal tightly. Syl swayed for a second, but held firm, resolved to stand by herself.

"Wait, you knew?" Mal was asking Evie, clearly still shocked. Syl stepped over and gave Mal a weak hug before stepping back.

"We both did," said an overjoyed Evie.

"He was stressing for months. He asked Evie for her permission too, when he was first thinking about it," revealed Syl, before brining her arm up to cough again.

"You're going to rock that crown," Evie said, running her hand along Mal's purple hair. Then she turned to more important business. "I've done about a thousand sketches of your wedding dress. And Belle's already planning an engagement party for next week."

Mal tilted her head back and laughed. "Then it's a really good thing I said yes."

Belle and Beast, who were all smiles, joined them. "Hugs, hi," Beast proclaimed, swallowing up Mal in a giant bear hug.

"Hugs, hi," replied Mal, who seemed to be glowing.

"I finally get a daughter," said Belle, her face full of sheer joy.

"I love you Belle," said Mal.

I love you too, mouthed Belle in return.

Mal hugged them both as Ben came up, Fairy Godmother hurrying off. Carlos and Jay immediately bounded up to Mal with silly, exaggerated steps. Jay bowed elaborately in Mal's direction and spoke, his voice syrupy with sarcasm. "All bow to Your Royal Majesty."

Syl and Evie curtsied with an overblown reverence.

Carlos followed suit. "Your Royal Purpleness," he said between stifled laughs.

"Silence, annoying peasants," Mal told them, shooing away her friends with feigned disinterest.

"As you wish, my liege," said Jay, rising from his ridiculous pose.

"Your Crankiness," added Carlos, laughing.

Jay was smiling as he took Syl's hand, letting her lean against her shoulder. She looked up at him, smiling giddily.

"Congratulations. You won him fair and square," said a voice. Both Jay and Syl looked over to see Audrey and Mal facing each other. Audrey cocked her head. "Oh, wait, no you didn't. You spelled Ben to destroy all of Auradon. Touching story for the grandkids," she sneered.

"Okay. Let's do this," said Ben, who stood nearby, unaware of Audrey's comment. He glanced at his watch, then fist-bumped Jay and Carlos.

Mal flashed a fake grin at Audrey. "Speaking of kids, we have some kids waiting on us. So if you'll excuse me..." she said, leaving a stony Audrey behind.

Jay turned to Syl. "You promise you'll go home and get some rest right after this?" he asked.

She cupped his face in her hand. "I'll go home right after this." She sighed sadly. "I'm sorry I couldn't make it."

Jay smiled gently, bringing her into a hug and pressing a kiss against her forehead. "There's always next year."

"Good luck," Syl said as they pulled away from each other. "Don't do anything too crazy."

"I won't," Jay said, walking backward with a swagger and grin. Syl rolled her eyes and shooed him with her hands. Still smiling, he ran into the purple limo, and the door shut behind him. The limo started and rolled out onto the street, and Syl waved until it was out of sight. As soon as it was gone, she slumped back against the pedestal, too tired to stand any more. Sighing, she looked at her sleeve, where blood from her mouth had stained the fabric red.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 1.5K 39
When Dru Tabris murders a young nobleman in vengeance for her family, a short trip to the gallows is all she can expect in return. However, Dru is gi...
255K 4.9K 43
แด‹แด€สŸษช สœแด€ส€ษขส€แด‡แด‡แด แด‡๊œฑ, ษช๊œฑ แด€ษด แด€แดœแด›ษช๊œฑแด›ษชแด„, Sแด‡สŸแด‡แด„แด›ษชแด แด‡ แดแดœแด›แด‡. ๊œฑสœแด‡ แดแด€ส ษดแดแด› ส™แด‡ แด€ส™สŸแด‡ แด›แด แด…แด แดแดœแด„สœ แด แด‡ส€ส™แด€สŸสŸส ส™แดœแด› ษช๊œฐ สแดแดœ แดแด‡๊œฑ๊œฑ แดกษชแด›สœ สœแด‡ส€ ๊œฐแด€แดษชสŸส, ๊œฑสœแด‡ แด„แด‡ส€แด›แด€ษชษดสŸส ๊œฐษชษดแด…๊œฑ แดกแด€ส๊œฑ แด›แด...
479K 11.8K 58
This story is about a girl that has been in the Glade since day one. She arrived first before any of the others had, she is the only girl to arrive...
25K 1.1K 13
[ ๐‰๐€๐Š๐„ ๐’๐”๐‹๐‹๐˜ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ] โ›๐™‡๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ. ๐™‡๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช.โœ Widowed Jake Sully (sorry) gathers hi...