The Master of Death's Huntress

By KayeM0412

Sam, lost in his thoughts about Jessica, looked over to Deanna and wondered where and what she had been doing... More

Epigraph
Guns and Magic
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven

One

13.3K 261 64
By KayeM0412

no idea what im doing with my life right now...

one

The young Winchester jolted awake at the sound of a window opening in his apartment, his head turning towards the door with a narrowed gaze.

Slowly he got up, careful to not wake Jess up and walked out the bedroom to find the definitely shut window, wide open.

Footsteps drew his attention to the left to see a figure, feminine, walk past the strings of beads at the far end of the hall.

Sam moved to another part of the apartment and waited as the woman entered the room, lunging forward to grab her shoulder. Quickly, he's knocked away and ducked as she took a swing at him.

The woman grabbed his arm, pulled him around and shoved him in the back. He kicked but was blocked and pushed back into another room. The Winchester then got elbowed in the face, but then kicked at her head. She ducked and punched out again, making Sam block her.

He's then knocked to the floor and pinned, a hand at his neck and another holding his wrist when a familiar voice enters his ear, "Whoa, easy, tiger."

"Deanna?" Sam breathed out, receiving a laugh in return, "You scared the crap out of me!"

"That's 'cause you're of practice." She snarked smugly, but her baby brother grabbed her hand and yanked, slamming his heel into her back, pinning her instead, "Or not."

Sam tapped Deanna twice and she grunted, "Get off of me."

The youngest Winchester rolled to his feet and pulled his big sister up, "What the hell are you doing here?"

The dirty blonde smirked and shook her brother's shoulders, "Well, I was looking for a beer."

He shrugged her off and frowned, "What the hell are you doing here?"

A serious look settled on her face, "Okay. All right. We gotta talk."

"Uh, the phone?" Sam said, making a face.

Deanna narrowed her eyes at him, crossing her arms and jutting out a rounded hip, "If I'd'a called, would you have picked up?"

The light suddenly flicked on and there stands Jess, wearing very short shorts and a cropped Smurfs shirt, "Sam?"

The Winchester siblings look at her at the same time. Sam remained emotionless as he gestured to his sister, "Jess. Hey. Deanna, this is my girlfriend, Jessica."

Deanna smirked, giving her a once over. Jess then smiled, "Wait, your sister Deanna?"

Sam nodded and his sister's smirk turned into a grin, moving closer, "Oh, I love the Smurfs. You know, I gotta tell you. You are completely out of my brother's league."

Jess, unimpressed, said, "Just let me put something on."

She goes to leave when Deanna's flirty voice stopped her, "No, no, no, I wouldn't dream of it. Seriously."

Sam rolled his eyes. His big sister would flirt with a goddamn tree stump. The dirty blonde went back over to her brother without taking her eyes off Jess.

Watching her, Sam's expression turned stony when Deanna said, "Anyway, I gotta borrow your boyfriend here, talk about some private family business," she then smiled, "But, uh, nice meeting you."

"No," Sam denied, walking over to Jess and wrapped an arm around her, "No, whatever you want to say, you can say it in front of her."

Unfazed, Deanna continued, "Um. Dad hasn't been home in a few days."

Sam didn't react, "So he's working overtime on a Miller Time shift. He'll stumble back in sooner or later."

The older Winchester ducked her head and looked back up, "Dad's on a hunting trip. And he hasn't been home in a few days."

The younger Winchester locked eyes with his sister, face blank when Jess looked up at him, before he said, "Jess, excuse us. We have to go outside."

:3

Sam and Deanna headed downstairs, the younger scolding the older, "I mean, come on. You can't just break in, middle of the night, and expect me to hit the road with you."

The dirty blonde then huffed, "You're not hearing me, Sammy. Dad's missing. I need you to help me find him."

"You remember the poltergeist in Amherst? Or the Devil's Gates in Clifton?" Sam shrugged, "He was missing then, too. He's always missing, and he's always fine."

Deanna stopped and turned around to face him, meeting Sam's gaze, "Not for this long. Now, are you gonna come with me or not?"

"I'm not."

"Why not?"

"I swore I was done hunting," Her brother said, flatly, "For good."

"Come on." Deanna scoffed, trudging down the stairs, "It wasn't easy, but it wasn't that bad."

Following her, Sam said, "Yeah? When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45."

She stopped at the door to the outside, "Well, what was he supposed to do?"

"I was nine years old! He was supposed to say, don't be afraid of the dark."

"Don't be afraid of the dark? Are you kidding me? Of course, you should be afraid of the dark. You know what's out there."

"Yeah, I know, but still," Sam continued, "The way we grew up, after Mom was killed, and Dad's obsession to find the thing that killed her."

Deanna glanced outside, brushing off what her brother was saying.

"But we still haven't found the damn thing. So we kill everything we can find."

She then made a face, "We save a lot of people doing it, too."

A pause.

"You think Mom would have wanted this for us?" Sam tried, trying to get through to his sister, but she just rolled her eyes and slammed the door open.

Climbing the set of stairs from the door to the parking lot, Sam started to preach again, "The weapon training, and melting the silver into bullets? Man, Deanna, we were raised like warriors."

They crossed the lot to a parked, black '67 Chevy Impala, when Deanna talked back, "So what are you gonna do? You're just gonna live some normal, apple pie life? Is that it?"

"No. Not normal. Safe."

"And that's why you ran away." His sister looked away with a frown, trying to hide how much it had hurt watching Sam walk out that door.

Not seeing her face, he said, " I was just going to college. It was Dad who said if I was gonna go I should stay gone. And that's what I'm doing."

"Yeah, well, Dad's in real trouble right now. If he's not dead already. I can feel it." Deanna said, her tone stern and assured, making her brother fall silent. She then gave him a look, "I can't do this alone."

"Yes, you can," Sam replied.

Deanna clenched her jaw and looked to the filth tarmac, "Yeah, well, I don't want to."

Sam sighed and his eyes falling to the floor before a thought crossed his mind and looked back up, "What was he hunting?"

The dirty blonde smiled slightly, opening the trunk of the Impala, then the spare-tire compartment. It was packed with weapons of every kind.

She propped the hood open with a shotgun and began to dig around, mumbling to herself, "All right, let's see, where the hell did I put that thing?"

"So when Dad left, why didn't you go with him?"

"I was working my own gig." Deanna shrugged, "This, uh, voodoo thing, down in New Orleans."

Sam frowned, "Dad let you go on a hunting trip by yourself?"

Deanna looked over at Sam, wearing a frown of her own, "I'm twenty-six, dude,"

She then pulled out some papers from a folder, "All right, here we go. So Dad was checking out this two-lane blacktop just outside of Jericho, California. About a month ago, this guy."

Handing a piece of paper to Sam, Deanna said, "They found his car, but he vanished. Completely MIA."

The paper was a printout of an article from the Jericho Herald, headlined "Centennial Highway Disappearance" and dated Sept. 19th 2005; it has a man's picture, captioned "Andrew Carey MISSING".

Sam read it and glanced up, "So maybe he was kidnapped."

"Yeah. Well, here's another one in April," Deanna tossed down a Jericho Herald article for each date she mentioned, "Another one in December 'oh-four, 'oh-three, 'ninety-eight, 'ninety-two, ten of them over the past twenty years."

Taking the article back from Sam, the dirty blonde picked up the rest and stuffed them back in the folder, "All men, all the Same five-mile stretch of road."

Pulling out a bag out of another part of the arsenal, Deanna talked on, "It started happening more and more, so Dad went to go dig around. That was about three weeks ago. I hadn't heard from him since, which is bad enough."

She grabbed a handheld tape recorder, "Then I get this voicemail yesterday."

Deanna pressed play and the recording is staticky, the signal was clearly breaking up. John's voice echoes from the tape, "Deanna...something big is starting to happen...I need to try and figure out what's going on. It may... Be very careful, Deanna. We're all in danger."

She pressed stop and Sam then pointed out, "You know there's EVP on that?"

Smirking, she replied, "Not bad, Sammy. Kinda like riding a bike, isn't it?"

Sam shook his head and Deanna said, "All right. I slowed the message down, I ran it through a gold wave, took out the hiss, and this is what I got."

She pressed play again and a faint wispy voice of a woman said, "I can never go home..."

And again, Deanna pressed stop.

"Never go home." Sam repeated and his sister dropped the recorder, put down the shotgun, stood straight, and shut the trunk, before leaning on it, "You know, in almost two years I've never bothered you, never asked you for a thing."

Sam looked away and sighed, then glanced back, "All right. I'll go. I'll help you find him."

Deanna nodded and Sam said, "But I have to get back first thing Monday. Just wait here."

He turned to go back into the apartment but paused when the older Winchester asked, "What's first thing Monday?"

Sam hesitated, "I have this...I have an interview."

"What, a job interview?" Deanna shrugged, "Skip it."

Her brother gave her a look, "It's a law school interview, and it's my whole future on a plate."

"Law school?" She smirked, amused.

Sam then huffed, "So we got a deal or not?"

Deanna remained silent, watching as her brother disappeared through the door. She sighed and looked down at the two rings on the third finger of her left hand. Biting the inside of her cheek, the dirty blonde twirled them around her finger.

:3

Sam, lost in his thoughts about Jessica, looked over to Deanna and wondered where and what she had been doing since he'd seen her last.

His doe brown eyes then widened when he spotted a diamond studded gold engagement ring with two emeralds on either side of it and another gold wedding band on her left ring finger.

"Uh, D, Deanna?" The younger Winchester stammered.

His sister looked over at him and hummed a 'yes.'

He then pointed at the jewellery that shocked him to his core. She glanced to it, then fisted her hand, moving the rings only slightly. The Winchester sister bit her lip as she stared down at it.

"And?" The dirty blonde grumbled, as her face saddened. But quickly she threw on that emotionless mask he knew all too well. Sam did see it though and was getting a little weirded out to see his big sister show any emotions at all.

"You got married?" He whispered in disbelief.

"Yeah," Deanna murmured and looked back at him, "Best and worst thing I've ever done, Sammy."

"What happened?"

Deanna sighed, then pursed her lips, "Met him while I was hunting a werewolf. Told me the thing's name was Fenrir and that he was after it because it killed a family friend."

Sam watched, enraptured by his sister's confession.

"We got the son of a bitch and then we hunted together for almost a year," the dirty blonde bit the inside of her cheek, "it was... I dunno Sammy... we got hitched and..."

The older Winchester gulped, then looked to her baby brother, "I've never really loved anybody like that," Deanna murmured with a sad look in her eye, "but he was different."

The younger hunter nodded slightly.

"Dad found out and though he didn't like the idea of us hunting together... he changed his mind pretty quick when he saved my ass. But later I caught him doing magic."

"Deanna..." Sam whispered sympathetically.

The green eyed woman sniffed, "I told him to leave and if I ever saw him again, I'd kill him."

She looked back out the windscreen and gritted her teeth, steeling herself. The Winchester glanced at her rings, then sighed again.

"You're lucky Dad didn't see him."

Sam's sister shrugged, "I know."

"But..." He then dragged out, making Deanna look to him again, "Are you two still married?"

The dirty blonde dipped her head once, "We are," she mumbled, "And I'm both hurt and relieved that I haven't seen him in two years."

:3

'Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,'

Parked in front of a gas station, Deanna walked out of the little building with a bunch of junk food in her arms.

'Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.'

Sam was sitting in the shotgun seat with the door open, rifling through a box of tapes.

"Hey!" Deanna called out, making her brother turn to her, "You want breakfast?"

"No, thanks." The younger Winchester said, making a face.

'And when it's time for leavin','

"So how'd you pay for that stuff?" Sam asked, with a raised eyebrow.

'I hope you'll understand,'

"You and Dad still running credit card scams?"

'That I was born a ramblin' man.'

"Yeah, well, hunting ain't exactly a pro ball career," Deanna snarked as she put the nozzle back in the pump, "Besides, all we do is apply. It's not our fault they send us the cards."

"Yeah?" The brown haired Winchester said, "And what names did you write on the application this time?"

He swung his legs back inside the car and closed the door.

"Uh, Burt Aframian," Deanna said, as she got into the driver seat, putting her soda and chips down, "And his daughter, Heather. Scored two cards out of the deal.

She closed her door and her brother then said, "That sounds about right. I swear, man, you've gotta update your cassette tape collection."

There were at least a dozen cassettes in the box on Sam's lap; some have album art, others were hand-labeled.

"Why?" Deanna asked, confused.

Sam gave her a bitch face, "Well, for one, they're cassette tapes. And two," He held up a tape for every band, "Black Sabbath? Motorhead? Metallica?"

Deanna snatched the box labeled Metallica from him and the younger Winchester deadpanned, "It's the greatest hits of mullet rock."

"Well, house rules, Sammy." The dirty blonde said, matter of factly, as she popped the tape into the player, "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole."

She dropped the Metallica box back in the box of tapes and started the engine.

"You know," Sam started, "Sammy is a chubby twelve-year-old. It's Sam, okay?"

Hard rock begins to play through the Impala and Deanna smirked at him, "Sorry, I can't hear you, the music's too loud."

:3

'Back in black, I hit the sack.
I've been too long, I'm glad to be back.
Yes I'm let loose,'

The Impala growled as the passed a sign, Sam talking on his phone,

'From the noose.
That's kept me hanging about,'

"Thank you." He said, before closing it and turning to Deanna,

'Lookin' at the sky, 'cause it's gettin' me high.'

"All right. So, there's no one matching Dad at the hospital or morgue."

'Forget the hearse 'cause I'll never die.'

"So that's something, I guess."

Deanna glanced over at Sam, then back at the road. At a bridge ahead of them, there were two police cars and several officers.

'I got nine lives, Cat's eyes.
Abusin' every one of them and running wild.'

"Check it out." She pointed and Sam leaned forward for a closer look.

''Cause I'm back.
Yes I'm back.'

Pulling over and taking a long look, Deanna turned off the engine. She opened the glove compartment and pulled out a box full of ID cards with her's and John's faces: visible ones include FBI and DEA.

She picked one out and grinned at Sam, who stares.

"Let's go." Left her mouth as the dirty blonde got out of the car.

On the bridge, the lead Deputy, Deputy Jaffe, leaned over the railing to yell down to two men in wetsuits who were poking around the river, "You guys find anything?"

"No! Nothing!" One of the men yell back.

Jaffe turned back to the car in the middle of the bridge. It's familiar to him. Troy's, the blood gone. Another Deputy, Deputy Hein, was at the driver's side looking around inside the car.

"No sign of struggle," Hein reported, "No footprints, no fingerprints. Spotless. It's almost too clean."

Deanna and Sam walked onto the crime scene like they belong there as Jaffe said, "So, this kid Troy. He's dating your daughter, isn't he?"

Hein nodded, "Yeah."

"How's Amy doing?"

"She's putting up missing posters downtown."

Deanna suddenly interrupted them, "You fellas had another one like this just last month, didn't you?"

Jaffe looked up when she started talking and straightened up to talk to her, "And who are you?"

She flashed her badge, "Federal marshals."

"You two are a little young for marshals, aren't you?" He said, eyes staying to the low cut shirt the dirty blonde wore under her leather jacket.

Deanna laughed prettily, expertly using her looks and body to distract the deputy, "Thanks, that's awfully kind of you."

She walked over to the car, "You did have another one just like this, correct?"

"Yeah, that's right," Jaffa's confirmed, "About a mile up the road. There've been others before that."

Sam spoke finally, "So, this victim, you knew him?"

Jaffe nodded his eyes trailing Deanna's body as she circled the car, "Town like this, everybody knows everybody."

"Any connection between the victims, besides that they're all men?"

"No," Jaffe answered, "Not so far as we can tell."

"So what's the theory?" Sam asked, walking over to his sister.

"Honestly, we don't know. Serial murder? Kidnapping ring?"

Deanna smiled at him and like the bitchy blonde she is, said, "Well, that is exactly the kind of crack police work I'd expect out of you guys."

Sam stomped on Deanna's foot, making her grunt quietly, "Thank you for your time."

He started to walk away with his sister behind him, "Gentlemen."

Jaffe watched them go, in particular the older Winchester, his eyes trained on her prominent backside.

Deanna smacked Sam on the head, "Ow! What was that for?"

"Why'd you have to step on my foot?" She growled.

"Why do you have to talk to the police like that?"

Moving in front of him and forcing him to stop, the dirty blonde said, "Come on. They don't really know what's going on. We're all alone on this. I mean, if we're going to find Dad we've got to get to the bottom of this thing ourselves."

Sam cleared his throat and looks over Deanna's shoulder.

She turned to find Sheriff Pierce and two FBI agents.

"Can I help you two?" The sheriff said, gruffly.

The older Winchester flashed them a sexy grin, "No, sir, we were just leaving."

As the FBI agents walked past her, she nodded at each of them, "Agent Mulder. Agent Scully."

The Winchester siblings walked past the sheriff, who turned to watch them leave.

:3

Deanna pointed at a young woman who was tacking up posters with Troy's face on them with the word MISSING underneath his picture, "I'll bet you that's her."

"Yeah." Sam agreed and the both walked up to her.

"You must be Amy." The dirty blonde 'guesses.'

"Yeah." She said back, eyeing the two.

"Yeah, Troy told us about you. We're his aunt and uncle. I'm Deanna, this is Sammy."

The woman frowned, "He never mentioned you to me," and she began to walk away, but the Winchesters followed.

"Well, that's Troy, I guess. We're not around much, we're up in Modesto." Deanna shrugged.

"So, we're looking for him too, and we're kinda asking around." Sam added.

Another woman approached the three and put a hand on Amy's arm, "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah." She answered.

Sam then asked, "You mind if we ask you a couple of questions?"

:3

Deanna and Sam sat opposite Amy and Rachel, in a booth of a diner.

"I was on the phone with Troy," Amy started, "He was driving home. He said he would call me right back, and...he never did."

"He didn't say anything strange, or out of the ordinary?" The younger Winchester asked, but Amy shook her head.

"No. Nothing I can remember."

Sam nodded at the woman's choice of jewellery, "I like your necklace."

Amy held the pendant out to looked down at it, a sad laugh leaving her mouth, "Troy gave it to me. Mostly to scare my parents with all that devil stuff."

Sam laughed a little too, glanced to the table and back at her, Deanna looking over as well, "Actually, it means just the opposite. A pentagram is protection against evil. Really powerful. I mean, if you believe in that kind of thing."

"Okay." The dirty blonde interrupted, "Thank you, Unsolved Mysteries."

Deanna took her arm off the back of Sam's seat and leaned forward, "Here's the deal, ladies. The way Troy disappeared, something's not right. So if you've heard anything..."

Amy and Rachel looked at each other and the older Winchester snatched onto it.

"What is it?"

Rachel bit her lip, "Well, it's just... I mean, with all these guys going missing, people talk."

"What do they talk about?" Deanna and Sam blurt out at the same time.

"It's kind of this local legend," the young woman continued, "This one girl? She got murdered out on Centennial, like decades ago."

Deanna looked at her brother, who watched Rachel attentively, nodding.

"Well, supposedly she's still out there."

Sam nodded again.

"She hitchhikes, and whoever picks her up? Well, they disappear forever."

The Winchesters look at each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 648 26
After a year and a half as the Winchester's companion, Y/N finds herself tangled in their messy world of demons, psychic children and an unavoidable...
57.4K 1.6K 61
With the opening of the Gate to Hell, Maddison and the boys find themselves thrust into the middle of a war with darkness. The three hunters have to...
2.1K 42 35
The Winchester's brothers can only pushed so far. -- Sam and Dean jump onto the cage where the door is and the lock breaks free opening the door. You...
4K 119 15
โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ญโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ญโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡พโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ญโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹โ€‹...