π’»π’Ύπ“‡π“ˆπ“‰ π“π‘œπ“‹π‘’ ~ 𝒿𝑒𝓃...

By -natalieeee

"Just like first love, you give everything and you give too much." Mackenzie Ziegler and her sister Maddie ar... More

prologue + cast.
chapter one β€’ "what?"
chapter two β€’ "normal"
chapter three β€’ "awkward"
chapter four β€’ "are you sure?"
chapter five β€’ "first day"
chapter six β€’ "totally single"
chapter seven β€’ "change"
chapter eight β€’ "promise me"
chapter nine β€’ "we're just friends"
chapter ten β€’ "jealous"
chapter eleven β€’ "it's sprite"
chapter twelve β€’ "stupid"
chapter thirteen β€’ "dead"
chapter fourteen β€’ "give her some time"
chapter fifteen β€’ "only starbucks"
chapter sixteen β€’ "just call me kenzie"
chapter seventeen β€’ "it's not a date"
chapter eighteen β€’ "clichΓ©"
chapter nineteen β€’ "normal teenager"
chapter twenty β€’ "cozy"
chapter twenty one β€’ "are you ok?"
chapter twenty two β€’ "i guess"
chapter twenty three β€’ "showcase"
chapter twenty four β€’ "leaving"
chapter twenty five β€’ "phoenix"
chapter twenty six β€’ "L.A girls"
chapter twenty seven β€’ "froyo"
chapter twenty nine β€’ "welcome back"
chapter thirty β€’ "biggest fan"
chapter thirty one β€’ "rehearsal"
chapter thirty two β€’ "chemistry"
chapter thirty three β€’ "what do we do now?"
chapter thirty four β€’ "day one"
chapter thirty five β€’ "goodbye"
chapter thirty six β€’ "plan"
chapter thirty seven β€’ "break up"
chapter thirty eight β€’ "what if"
chapter thirty nine β€’ "mine"
chapter forty β€’ "first date"
chapter forty one β€’ "perfect"
epilogue.

chapter twenty eight β€’ "meeting"

1.1K 57 27
By -natalieeee

Johnny.

"Bro, wake up! Your meeting is soon!"

I blinked a few times before eventually sitting up. A part of me panicked for a second because I didn't realize I was in California, not in Arizona. After I got over that, I groaned and rolled out of the bed.

"They should really get blackout curtains," I rubbed at my eyes.

"Are you seriously complaining right now? We are in Maddie and Kenzie's house! They let us stay here!" Jack said in shock.

"I know, I'm grateful," I told him. "I'm just not a morning person."

After brushing our teeth, we went downstairs to the kitchen. The girls were already there and were already ready for the day. Maddie was heating up French toast sticks.

"Finally you guys are up!" Lauren "greeted" us.

"I was already up; your brother was the one having his beauty sleep," Jack scoffed. I punched him in the arm.

"Gourmet breakfast is ready," Maddie said sarcastically when she took the sticks out of the toaster oven. Everyone grabbed some and put it on a plate. We sat down at the counter.

"Are you excited for your meeting?" Brynn asked me with a smile. I put a piece of the french toast in my mouth to stall my answer. My feelings about this meeting couldn't be explained. Yes, this was what I wanted for as I long as I could talk. But I was nervous nonetheless.

"Sure," I decided to say. "I still can't believe I'm even having this meeting, though."

"Because you deserve it!" Kenzie chimed in. "Trust me, I was nervous when I had my first meetings about...well, everything I'm doing now. Basically just let your mom do all the talking, and you'll be good." Everyone laughed.

"Wait, where even is our mom?' Lauren questioned.

"Oh, she and my mom went out for breakfast," Kenzie answered. "They should be back soon. I swear they're best friends now!"

A little later, we finished breakfast. Jack and I went to go get ready.

. . .

Before I knew it, we were at the meeting. Melissa drove my mom, me and Kenzie, to a building somewhere in L.A. It looked very official, and I was already intimidated.

We walked through the doors. A tall middle aged man was waiting by the receptionist desk, tapping against his phone. He looked up and walked over to us.

"Johnny, this is my manager, Mark," Kenzie introduced. I decided to shake his hand to be professional, but on the inside I was still apprehensive.

"It is nice to officially meet you," Mark told me. "I was very impressed with you and Mackenzie's performance at your school's showcase. I would manage you myself, but I'm just too busy with my clients. So I decided to set up a meeting with a few of my manager friends. Follow me to the meeting room."

We followed Mark down a hall, and we stopped at brown double doors labeled, "First Meeting Room." Mark took out a key and opened the door. The room was very spacious. Floor to ceilings windows lit up the entire room. The only things inside were a long wooden table and black rolling chairs. Three men were sitting down.

Mark motioned for us to sit. I sat down between my mom and Kenzie. Mark took the fourth sit in front of us.

"Johnny, meet Brian Matthews, Joe Williams, and Tyrone Romaine," Mark introduced. "Brian and Joe are from Hollywood Records, and Tyrone is visiting from Universal Music Canada. You guys are from Canada, right?"

"Yes," my mom replied. "We still visit pretty frequently; we still have a home there."

"Then that might work," Mark noted.

"Mr. Orlando, before you guys came in, we watched your performance video from the other day," Tyrone Romaine said. "And I was impressed, to say the least. We don't have a lot of young talent like yours at Umusic."

"But you could be a great addition to Hollywood Records, under Joe or me," Brian said. "We also don't have a lot of young talent. And we are based here in California, which could be easier for you since you live in Arizona."

"Universal Music has a division in California, too," Tyrone added. "And I'm here frequently, so it shouldn't be any trouble. You would probably have to go to Canada for a few meetings here and there."

All the information being thrown at me was making my head hurt. And one question kept popping up in my brain: Is this what I want? Do I want to be homeschooled? Do I want to leave my normal life? Everything would change once I made a decision.

"You know what? How about we take a tiny break?" Mark interjected, basically saving me. "I'm sure we need a little time to process the information. Meredith and Melissa, you and the managers can continue to talk about the record deals. Kenzie, why don't you and Johnny hang out somewhere for the time being?"

"Sure." She turned to me. "Want to go to the Grove? It's not a far walk from here." I just nodded.

We got up from our chairs and started to walk to the door when my mom called, "John, wait!"

I turned around and went back over to her. "Before we can continue, are you sure this is what you really want?" She said in a low voice. "This is going to change your life. You might have to leave normal school."

"Mom, I've been wanting this ever since I was little," I admitted. "Even if it means being homeschooled or going to some private school. I'm sure."

She smiled and nodded. Then I followed Kenzie out of the door.

. . .

"So, I saw that you were a little...taken aback by what all the managers were saying," Kenzie said. We walked into a restaurant called Umami Burger because we were hungry. Kenzie said their burgers were delicious.

"Yeah," I agreed. "I've never been in this situation before, so I'm a little nervous. I keep having second thoughts, but I really do want to be a singer."

A waitress greeted us and sat us down at a table with menus. I browsed the menu and already didn't know what to get.

"That's understandable," Kenzie said. "I mean, you've been used to normal things all our life: regular school, basketball games, all these things that I just got to experience. But I really think you should give it a shot. You won't be alone; I'll be here for you."

The waitress came back and took our orders. I just ordered what Kenzie ordered: strawberry lemonade, truffle burger, and fries.

"What do you think the others are doing?" I asked her.

"Um, Maddie said they were decorating the pool area for the party later, and now they're eating lunch somewhere," Kenzie replied. "Why, do you miss Brynn?" She cooed.

I rolled my eyes. "Moving on!"

"Anyway, I really want to take you guys to Catch L.A," she continued.

"Is that the one with the 'hit me' cake?"

"Yes!" She said excitedly. "Maybe we can go tomorrow. This week is already going by so fast. I wish you guys could stay longer."

"Me too," I concurred. "School has been so boring without you and Maddie there. Everyone is still so sad about it, including the principal." Kenzie laughed.

Finally, the food came. And it was delicious.

It felt like Kenzie and I talked about everything, more than we talked in the whole month she was in Phoenix. Kenzie was making fun of Dance Moms season 8 when her phone dinged.

"It's my mom," she informed me. "They want us to come back. Are you ready?"

"I guess," I said. We finished up our food. The waitress came back and Kenzie paid, because she insisted. We then walked back toward the meeting building.

"You know I could've paid," I reminded her.

"But technically I'm your host, so it would be rude," she said jokingly. "How did you like Umami Burger?"

"It was so good, especially the burger," I told her. "I'm definitely going to miss that place."

We made it back to the meeting room. And as the meeting continued, I couldn't help thinking about how Kenzie and I's little lunch felt like a "date."

And how I enjoyed it a little more than the dates with Brynn.

~

A/N: Sorry for the long wait again! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter; I'll try to update more frequently. Jenzie is kind of rising! We'll see what happens the rest of their week in L.A. Vote, comment, and stay tuned! Also, what do you guys think of Kenzie and Isaak's relationship? (Irl)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 7.5K 36
you're full of it. π‰π„ππ™πˆππ† πŸπŸŽπŸπŸ—
16.6K 617 31
When popular teen singer Mackenzie Ziegler, born and raised in the city, is told to go experience the country for inspiration for a new song, she has...
125K 2.1K 55
Maddie Ziegler got offered a few places for Maddie style and to be in a movie in New York and a few other places and her mom Melissa gets to go with...
53.1K 1.1K 23
Mackenzie Ziegler moves away from her home town of Pittsburg and moves right next door to Johnny Orlando. What will happen when they meet? Will they...