Why is it You? [BTS Jungkook...

By winter_snow26

After Rian's mother died, she and her dad moved to Korea to start a new life. Attending Oaks Arts High, Rian... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's Note
Part of chapter 32
Summary of the Ending

Chapter 14

14.7K 454 169
By winter_snow26

Chapter 14

.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly"

-Sam Keen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.

Jinyoo POV (A few hours later)

Resting my head against my pillow, I strum my guitar softly and stare at the ceiling. A few hours ago, when Rian was helping me learn to dance at the roof, I couldn't help but think that she looked so... pretty...

I bite my lip and strum my guitar hard, torturing my aching fingers. What am I thinking? I'm so dumb- how can I think that Rian is pretty? I only like beautiful women, the ones who wear pretty dresses and has cute voices. Rian- the girl who eats too much food and does not have even a little bit of manners- is far from that.

"Aish, seriously... I'm so stupid..." I mutter to myself as I grit my teeth.

"And you find that out now?" My roommate, Daehyun, walks in the room, carrying a pile of papers. I look up, surprised by his random entrance.

"Ah, shut up" I mutter as I put my guitar down beside my bed. "What are you doing?"

Not leaving his eyes off of the papers, he answers, "Ah, contest preparation stuff. Apparently my job is to search up songs and find the best ones for our dance"

"Oh" I mutter, walking next to him. I pick up a few sheets of papers that were tossed aside, and examine them.

"Oh... these are good" I raise my eyebrows, studying the music notes and lyrics.

"Yeah, but they have nothing to do with our dance" Daehyun looked up. "You can have them if you want" He shrugged and walked out of the room, leaving the left over music sheets with me. I smile- maybe I can actually win this thing!

.

.

Rian POV

.

As I walk through the hallway on my dancing clothes- a comfortable dark- blue sweatshirt and black sweatpants, that are rolled under my knees, I try not to look at the people walking by. Even though I can feel mean looks looking at me behind my back, I ignore it and squeeze my oversized bag.

I enter the dancing room and already see Jenny and Jungkook there, talking to each other as if nothing had happened. Sighing, I walk up to them and drop my bag against the wall.

"Hey!" Jungkook said, leaving his eyes off of Jenny. I smile shyly and wave back as I kneel down to take out my water bottle from my bag. I don't look at Jenny, I'm afraid of looking at her ugly face. Okay, more like looking at her scary expression, but whatever.

Jungkook tells something to Jenny, and she lets out a big sigh. I look up, curious.

"Jungkook says that he wants to start singing" Jenny stares at the wall as she talked, trying her best to avoid eye contact. Taking a big sip from my water bottle, I nod.

~A few moments later~

As Jungkook listens to Jenny sing as she plays on the piano, I try to memorize the lyrics on the sheet that Jungkook gave me. Thank goodness Jungkook found an English song for me to sing! But no matter how hard I try to memorize it, Jenny's annoying voice distracts me. Okay, so maybe her voice isn't so annoying and actually sounds good when she sang, but whatever.

As much as I hate to admit it, she is actually really good. I glance at Jungkook, who is smiling as she sang. Ugh- how is she such a good singer? Now that I actually hear her sing, my stomach feels much more queasy than it did before. Now, I lost all the little confidence that I had.

When Jenny sings her final part of the song, she smiles brightly at Jungkook as he claps. Suddenly, she spins her head toward me. "Your turn" She confidently walks out of her seat and stares at me with a smirking expression.

I sigh nervously and sit down on the stool. "Um.." I fake a small smile and stare at my lyrics sheet that I wish I studied more on. Clearing my throat, I say, "um, actually... oh look!" I point to the clock. "The bell is going to ring in any minute... guess I don't have time, huh?" I smile nervously.

Jenny smirked. "We still have ten minutes until class is over. I'm pretty sure you can sing a two- minute song"

I curse inside my head. Looking at Jungkook, who is smiling and giving me thumbs ups, I feel a little bit of my confidence coming back.

"Okay..." I close my eyes and slowly open my mouth to sing. Even though I felt really, really uncomfortable, I did the best that I could do.

When I open my eyes, I look at Jungkook who is clapping. Jenny just stared at me with a bored expression.

"Really good" Jungkook makes an attempt to speak English, making me laugh a little.

"Not that good" Jenny shrugs and walks away like the annoying person she is. I glare at her, but quickly turn my attention back to Jungkook.

"Okay, now-" Jungkook was starting to say until he was cut off by the sound of a door opening. I spin my head around and watch in shock as Principal Choi walks into the room.

"Principal?" I mutter. Jenny and Jungkook also looked confused.

"Rian, I need to speak with you" Principal Choi said, his eyes shining. I raise my eyebrows, confused. Why did he want to talk to me? Without looking back, I quickly follow him out of the room.

"Rian, your grandmother is on the phone" He said once we enter the empty hallways.

What?

"Go to the main office. She's still on line" Principal Choi bows and walks away, leaving me standing frozen.

When my mother died, my dad took me to Korea, without notifying my other family members. I wonder how my grandmother found out I was here... Don't get me wrong, she was one of my favorite people I know, but seriously- how did she find out where I was?

I rush to the office, and snatch the phone that was sitting on the desk.

"Yeoboseyo?" I say. *Meaning "hello" when talking in the phone*

"Rian? Oh how are you? I miss you so much!" My grandmother's voice brightened my heart.

Trying not to get teary, I smile. "I miss you too, Gran"

"Oh, your Korean is getting so much better! I'm so proud!"

I laugh. "Gamsahamnida" *Meaning "thank you"*

Time flew by fast for me. Before I knew it, forty minutes already past.

"Sweetie, I got to go" My grandmother said with a bright voice.

"Okay. Stay healthy" I smile.

"Um... yes. Thank you" Gran said. I frown at the hesitation, but quickly changed it into a smile.

"Okay. Talk to you later"

Gran paused for a moment. "Yes. Bye, Rian. Stay safe. I love you so much. I really, really do"

"Love you too! Bye" I reply once I hang up.

.

.

Jinyoo POV

.

I hum to myself as I walk around the park, feeling strangely good. It's been a really long time since I had this feeling, the type where everything thing around you, including the hyper children running around, makes you smile.

As I walk a little more, the sound of a girl's yelling caught my attention.

"Yah! Don't you people know any manners? Seriously, why are you running around? You can hurt someone!" The familiar voice said.

I turn around, and to my surprise, I see Jenny yelling at a group of kids. Sighing, I jog up to her.

"Yah... why are you yelling at them?" I whisper to her, feeling annoyed. She looks up, surprised to see me, but her shocked expression quickly changes back to angry.

"These little animals were running around, almost tripping me!" Jenny pointed to the small group of sad kids in front of her. "Seriously, didn't their parents teach them any manners? I wasn't like this when I was a child!"

"Aish, seriously! Calm down, they're just children!" I mutter loudly, as I look around. Many people were staring at us, making me to feel a bit embarrassed.

"I don't care! They need to be punished!" Jenny crossed her arms as she glared at them.

I sigh in annoyance, and look down at the little boy who was crying. I kneel down to face him.

"Don't listen to her, just go back to the playground" I say as I put my hands on his shoulders.

The boy cries more.

Ugh- now what do I do? I look up, and my eyes widen when I see the group of angry mothers marching to our direction. I stand up and back away.

"Yah! Why are you yelling at our kids?" The leader yelled as she hit me with her purse.

"It wasn't me!" I back away as she hit me more. "It was her!" I point at Jenny who was just standing there, watching me.

"Ah, you evil boy! Don't blame your girlfriend, you creep!" The mother hit me some more, until I grabbed Jenny's hand and ran away. The group of mothers were chasing us, but I finally lost them. I hide behind a tree, gasping for breath.

"Yah! Don't you know how much my shoes are worth? Ah, now they're ruined!" Jenny whined as she stared at her broken heels. I glare at her, my anger rising up.

"Yah!" I yell, catching her attention. "Why did you do that? I got in trouble for something that I didn't even do!"

Jenny shrugged. "Not my problem. Aren't you used to it anyway?"

"Ah, seriously..." I grit my teeth angrily. I glare at her, but then I walk away, not wanting to see her face ever again.

"Yah! Where are you going?" Jenny rushed to me, causing me to fasten my pace.

"That's none of your concern" I mutter. Jenny grabbed my arm, causing me to stop. "What?!?" I glare at her.

"Don't leave me here! My shoes are broken. How can I go back to the campus?" Jenny pointed to her broken heels on her boots. I sigh.

"Not my problem" I turn around to walk away.

"Yah! Don't leave me here!" Jenny followed me. Suddenly, she jumps on my back, making me feel alert.

"Yah! Get off!" I yell with wide eyes. I spin around to make her fall off my back, but she wrapped her arms around my neck so hard that it almost chocked me.

"Then buy me new shoes!" Jenny said. "Or I'm going to yell!" Jenny blackmailed me. I look around at the people walking by, giving us strange looks. Ahh, looks like I have no choice...

"Fine! Just get off!" I yell as I push Jenny off of my back. Once she goes off, I reach down my pocket and throw her a twenty dollar bill.

"Here. Go buy something you like" I mutter as I walk away.

"What- what is this? My whole allowance is more than three times this much! How do you expect me to buy a pair of shoes?"

"Figure it out!" I yell as I run away. Thank goodness she didn't follow me.

.

.

Rian POV

~A few days later~

I pick up the phone that was sitting on the desk. Principal Choi interrupted my Korean class- which was actually okay for me- and told me that I had a phone call. I was confused, since I have no idea who wanted to talk to me at the middle of class. I sigh, and once I pick up the phone, I say,

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Rian?" My dad's voice shocked me. The fact that my dad actually had the courage to call me after so many weeks did not suprise me, but what really scared me was his shaking voice.

"Dad? What is it?"

"Rian... oh how should I put this? Rian... your grandmother..." He paused for a moment.

I stand up with my eyes widen. "What happened?"

"She passed away"

________________________________________________

Jinyoo is so cute!! If I could date any actors in the world, he would be in my top five <3~

Vote and comment~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 1.2K 24
- In the quiet corners of the heart, where love never truly fades, a story takes shape. It's not about bringing back the past, but a journey that blu...
102K 3.6K 19
Y/N is 18 years old, starting her first year at college. Jimin is 20 years old, he works at his father's company. His parents decide to marry jimin t...
290K 6.9K 39
What will happen if the most popular boy in ur school likes you, but you like someone else? Jeon Jungkook, the most popular boy in your school, in a...
515K 14.9K 80
Sae-in falls into one of the deepest love she has ever experienced. The one she never expected. The one she's waiting for. The pain she gets The happ...