Sweet Mistake ✔

By jollyreaderjennell

Jaimee Joris has been in love with her brother's best friend from the first time she saw him at eight years o... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
My Other Books

Chapter 6

8.4K 564 50
By jollyreaderjennell

8 months later

Andrea's POV

   "Mr. Joris is here to see you." my assistant voice came through the speakers. Normally Daniel would just allow Jules to come in since he was after all my best friend but I gave her specific instructions not to disturb me. I have a big case working on and it needed my utmost attention. 

  "Sent him in." Jules had been in New Jersey for a week and I didn't hear from him since he left. I guess he was busy with his sister. 

  The sister used me for sex and broke my heart into a million pieces. 

  I tried my best not to think about the past eight months because every time I taught about her I'd feel a pain in my chest. 

Heartbreak. 

  Her words were cruel and I tried so hard not to remember them, remember her. Now it was unavoidable. I had to ask Jules if she's okay just like I would ever time he went to see her. I couldn't give him the slightest clue that something has happened between me and his sister. 

  Jules pushed the door of my office opened and walked over to his usual spot on my couch. I turn to look at him. He was wearing jeans and a sweater and he looked like he would except his face was showing distress.

  "What's wrong? You look beat up." I looked at my best friend with a frown. Jules wasn't the one to be angry or sad a lot. The only time I've ever seen him sad was at his parents funeral. "Did someone die?"

He let out a deep serious laugh, "No but someone is about to."

I raised my brows at him. "What happened?"

"Some bastard got my sister pregnant." his face was glowering. 

My heart jumped at the word sister, "What?"

"Jaimee is pregnant."

"What?" I said again but it was because of my shock. Jaimee is pregnant. The same Jaimee I had unprotected sex with eight months ago."

"Jaimee is pregnant."

"I know. I heard that part. Who is the guy?"

Am I the friend of this unborn baby or did she sleep with someone after me?

No Jaimee isn't the type. She was a virgin. 

He frowned, "Some guy she had a one night stand with."

  I swallowed and look across at my best friend and ask the question that my brain was fighting to know the answer to, "How far along with is she?"

"Eight months tomorrow."

  Everything fade when he said eight months. Jaimee is pregnant. Jaimee is pregnant with my baby. My best friend's sister is pregnant with my baby.

   Why didn't she tell me? Didn't she know that I'd eventually find out? Why would she keep something so important from me?

Probably because the last time you saw her you called her a cold-hearted bitch.

I didn't mean it.

   It was the first thing that came to my mind after what she said. Her words had hurt and I wanted nothing more than to hurt her as much as she'd done to me. After the beautiful night we spent together she looked in my eyes and told me it was a mistake?  That it was the alcoholic talking? That she just wanted to lose her virginity? I just wanted to say something to match up to all the things that she said to me. I didn't really mean it. I tried to text her and ask for forgiveness but I never had the courage to text her first. 

  "She's eight months pregnant." I needed to say it for myself to really believe it. In less than a month I'll be a father and I didn't even know about it until today. 

"Yep and you know the worst part is? The bastard doesn't even want the baby." He rolled his hands in a fist ready to punch something and soon enough that something is going to be me. 

"She told you that?" I asked. She couldn't tell him I lie. 

  He shook his head, "Not exactly, she said he's not in the picture which is the same thing." No, it wasn't the same thing. If Jaimee had told me she was pregnant then I would have been in the picture. I would have been there from the very beginning. If only she wasn't so cruel the morning before. If only I didn't respond with cruelty. 

How long could she have kept this from me?

I'm her brother's best friend for God sakes. 

Her brother's best friend.

   I sighed and looked at Jules. I had to tell him. I spent eight months keeping a secret from my best friend and now he was going to find out in the worst possible way. 

  No one wants to find out that their best friend slept with their sibling. It's a best friend's worst fear. 

  I swallowed. How am I going to formulate my words? How do I tell my best friend that I got his sister pregnant?

  "Jules." I took a deep breath. "Eight months ago I went to New Jersey to visit your sister. Uhmm, one thing led to a next and we had sex. I think the baby is mine."

   In less than three seconds Jules rushed over my desk and punched me in the face. He grabbed on to my collar and punched me two more times causing my chair to fall back. He stood over me and bent down and punched me a few more times. I didn't try to resist the blows.  I let him hit me because I deserved it.

 I knew exactly what I was doing when I kissed Jaimee. I knew exactly I was doing when I removed her clothes. 

"Jules stop. Are you trying to kill him? Daniel's voices in terror. "If you don't stop I'll call security."

  At the sound of my assistant voice, he stopped punching me at look at her hovering over us and sighed. He hissed his teeth then moved away from my body. 

"Danielle leave us!" he shouted her, pointing to the door. 

  "You're not my boss, you can't tell me what to do." she looked scared but she wasn't going to let him continue no matter how much he was scaring her.  

  I found some strength in me to spoke, "Danielle, leave." This was between two best friends. 

"Are you sure?" she asked with uncertainty. 

  I nod my head. I deserved this beat down after what I did. Jules wouldn't hurt me too bad anyway, he didn't have it in him. 

She gave Jules one last look then turn around leaving my office. 

  Jules moved from over me and went back to sit at his usual spot on my couch. "I'm not going to say sorry."

  "I don't expect you to." I've imagined this scene a billion times before, it usually ends up with me dead or in critical condition. I knew Jaimee was off-limits and yet I still couldn't control my emotions when it came to her. So yes, I deserve the beat down my best friend just gave me. I'd be pretty angry with him if I found out he slept with my sister. It's a lucky thing I don't have one. 

  "What were you thinking?" he took his seat back on the couch and brushed his hands through his hair. 

  "I wasn't," I  said as I tried sitting in up from my position. I lifted my hands to my nose and pulled back to see blood. 

A broken nose. Just what I needed. 

"You're going to marry her." it wasn't a question, it was a command.

  "She doesn't want to marry me. She doesn't want anything to do with me." Not after the way, I treated her. 

  "Obviously that's not true. Why did she sleep with you?" he looked at me, still angry but was containing it by rubbing his fist. 

   "She wanted to lose her virginity and I was there." The ones were hard for me to say for obvious reasons. I took my best friend's sister's virginity and she only wanted me because she wanted to get rid of her virgin status. She didn't want me as I want her. 

"Do you really believe that?" he questioned with a frown. 

    I lifted my hands, "What else am I to believe?" She said it was a mistake. Blamed the alcohol. She didn't see me as anything but her brother's best friend, the boy that hang around at her house almost every day.  

   "You're supposed to tell that she's lying. You've known her for years." he's right. I've known Jaimee for eighteen years and I still couldn't tell when she was lying or telling the truth. "There must be a reason why she said that to you and when you find out, use it. You're going to marry my sister, you took her virginity and got her pregnant. You're marrying her." 

As much as I'd love to marry the girl I've been in love with for years, "She doesn't want to marry me."

"You went to law school. Convince her to marry you." 

....................

Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment. (They make me happy)

What do you do for a living? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 161K 55
"I missed having a little cas in my life." He smirked, letting his eyes show a little life. It was a sight to see and no words could do it justice. ...
1.1M 43.6K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
15.5M 427K 36
[neighbors/ single dad] After having her heart broken, the last thing Alexia expects is to befriend single dad Lucas, the hot neighbor carrying lots...
398 7 9
After being brutally separated as children, former best-friends Lucky and Caution are brought together again. They must learn to overcome their small...