Mutual Need

By StevieLtnr90

For a year Stevie James has watched him from the background with a crush on her heart for one lethario Jacob... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 24

1.4K 33 4
By StevieLtnr90

The weeks following that first meeting were tense to say the least . Jake and the other wolves , even Sam were only one anger level away from tearing the Cullen's apart. Me and the other imprints did our best to ease their tension , but it was difficult.
"Honestly" I said in disgust as I rubbed Jake's quivering arm and looked back at Carlisle . " You ask us to trust you and you can't even control your own children" I spat. " We're only looking out for your best interest darlin" Jasper crooned and eyed me with a disturbing intensity.

"My best interest is none of your business" I hissed . "That's Jake's job as my husband and imprint and because he loves me with a passion you would know nothing about leech" . By now Jake had calmed down , resting his hand on my shoulder he squeezed gently and I stepped back letting him wrap his arms around my waist.

"Bella, love?" Edward begged pleadingly and took a step in her direction making Embry growl as Emmett grabbed Edward's arm. Bella looked at him with sadness and pity before taking Embry's hand , "what my sister said covers how I feel too Edward , leave me and Embry alone" she told him soft and firm.

I almost felt sorry for him , almost.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~{*£¥*}~@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It was spring time now , at the end of April . A small bump sat between my hips now as our twins grew, Jake loved it . He was forever caressing my small bump or kissing it when we were in private as he held me . Exams were brutal , and the school councilors pushed college . I had long since made plans on what I would be doing .

" You don't regret me keeping you here?" Jake asked one afternoon after school. "Of course not" I told him wide eyed . "Jake I had already made plans to take a business course at the community college and take over the bakery long before you and I were even dating . Don't ever think your holding me back" I told him vehemently . His shoulders relaxed and his smiled broadly , " I know you don't think that way , it's just that your so smart you could do so much more " he told me .

"I know that , but I've never wanted it. I want a simple life with the man I love and children . Maybe this life isn't simple , but I have what I want Jacob. I regret nothing with you" I told him . Pulling the car over on the side of the road he cupped the back of my head and brought me closer to kiss me passionately " I love you so much" he said against my lips , " I love you too" I told him softly.

After pulling into the dirt drive way and Jake cut the engine I went inside and straight to mine and Jake's bedroom . We had taken Rachel and Rebecca's old room and put in a kingsize bed , dresser , and rolling clothing rack for Jake and I with a small bedside table on my side of the bed.

Inside I stripped down to my matching lacy bra and panties taking off the bra that now seemed to small and made my sore breasts more sensitive and grabbed a pair of sweat pants that weren't so tight around my expanding waistline as my jeans . I groaned staring down at my body with a scowl. I heard Jake chuckle behind me before he came up closer . His heat met my back and he pressed a warm kiss to my shoulder and rubbed my arms with his heated palms . His muscled chest and stomach were distracting as they touched my back " what's wrong beautiful?" he asked me and brought his hands to my stomach and rubbed soothingly .

" It's not that anything's wrong , I'm just in need of maternity clothes . My bras and pants aren't fitting" I told him . He tensed for a moment before speaking " no farther than Port Angeles , not with the newborns in Seattle and take Leah with you" he told me firmly . Under more normal circumstances I might've bristled at his tone , but I knew he was worried for my safety . Instead I nodded and leaned back into his chest "I'll be fine with Leah" I told him soothingly . " I know, I just can't bare the thought of anything happening to you" he told me huskily . " Nothing will happen" I soothed and turned in his arms to face him . Cupping his face in my palms I eyed him softly "why don't you grab something to eat while I get more comfortable and we can study in bed for a bit hmm?" I asked .

Jake relaxed and smiled softly . Kissing my thumb as it ran over his full lips he nodded " you want a sandwich while I'm at it honey ?" he wondered and kissed my forehead . I grinned "don't I alway's anymore" I quipped making my husband chuckle.

After he'd gone out I put on the sweat pants and a threadbare t-shirt along with sloppily bringing my hair up and wrapping it into a messy bun with a scrunchy at the back side of my head . Gathering the homework and study materials I waited on the bed till Jake came back with a big plate of loaded sandwiches. My mouth watered with appreciation at the sight , both with the food and my man.

He gave me a heated smile making me blush as he caught me and climbed in bed behind me so I could lean back against his chest . I sighed contentedly as I did and pulled a book , notebook and my macbook with me .

Chewing absently on a sandwich I read and took notes , occasionally looking to my computer for extra info if needed ; man did I love wikipedia . After an hour I was doing history now and had two books . One my textbook the other an aid on the subject of an assignment and my notebook . Jake had been rubbing my shoulders or kissing my hair . Now he drew his nose along the column of my neck to behind my ear , I shivered as he kissed me . I sighed shakily as he licked my earlobe "don't you think you've studied enough for one night" he asked me huskily . The oversized shirt dropped from my shoulder as he brushed it aside giving him the access he wanted to press wet kisses along my shoulder , collarbone , and neck.

Not giving me a chance to answer he gently took the pencil out of my fingers and grabbed my notebooks , books and macbook setting them on my side table as he kissed me . As the last item was set down he leaned in so I laid back onto the bed taking my shirt over my head as I leaned back and hovered over me .

" I feel so lucky " I breathed as we kissed getting more heated as we went along. Jake pulled back to look at me softly and brushed my hair back "God gave me you" I told him, he kissed me softly and made love to me slowly . In every touch , every kiss , every look I knew he felt the same .

By the time Billy came home we were sated and I was busy making dinner while Jake worked on a client's car . My phone rang with the tell tale Harry Potter ring tone and showed mom's picture. I waved silently as Billy came in putting my phone against my shoulder.

"hi mom , what's up?" I asked and checked on what I had in the oven. " I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping with me tomorrow" she told me and I chuckled "you noticed that I'm in need of maternity clothes too huh?" I asked . She laughed with me "yes actually , theirs some good shops we can go to in Port Angeles unless you want to go further" she said . "No we don't need to go any farther than PA" I agreed happily ."So" I wondered sobering as I checked on the meat and veggies. " Hows dad ?" I asked having not heard from him other than what she and Liam would tell me since I moved in with Jake.

Mom sighed " he'll come around honey, I don't want you to worry. Your father is a stubborn man , it takes him time to except things" she told me . I nodded knowingly , I too was stubborn as is my own husband . "Okay" I told her quietly , "do you want to meet up here or maybe at the bakery? I have a friend who wants to come with" I wondered . " Lets meet at the bakery and invite your sister along too" she asked "we can get a treat before we head out in the morning and be back in the early afternoon , how does that sound ?"

I finished dinner a little after we ended the phone call. Jake was exhausted like he had been lately . After dinner was over he didn't stay up long , only long enough to watch half an episode of CSI that's when I told him about the trip to Port Angeles in the morning . I read for awhile in bed while Jake cuddled me to his chest . "I'll let Leah know in the morning when I go out on patrol she'll meet you here' he told me sleepily and drifted off after pressing a sloppy kiss to my  jaw .

I chuckled at this when he started snoring in my ear and set my book down ,turning off the light I went to sleep myself . The next morning I woke up early to Jake's kiss goodbye before he went on patrol . "Take it easy today okay" he asked softly as he cupped my cheek. I nodded to placate him "it's just clothes shopping with mom Jake , I'll be fine" .

After breakfast I got ready and when Leah dropped in I kissed Billy goodbye and left with Lee. She didn't mind me as much as the others and settled in for the ride.

Mom's eyes widened at Leah as we ate .I looked petulantly at the decaf coffee I was drinking, knowing that I couldn't have the real thing but wanting it . Now more than ever I was in need of the energy pick me up. Bella chuckled at the look on my face and I swatted her hand .

The trip into Port Angeles was an interesting one . Poor Leah had a much different taste in music than the rest of us , thankfully she thought ahead and brought along her iphone and ear duds for when it got to be to much. " your mom really needs to update her playlists" she whispered . I nodded knowingly , thankfully the trip wasn't to long beyond that point .

In town mom knew where we were suppose to be going and headed towards the shops . Once inside we started looking around . It took awhile and some convincing that I didn't want anything pink before we were ready to check out there , then laden with several bags we went on to the next.

I was surprised at the next stop when Leah made a few suggestions that I really liked . 

By the time we got back I was exhausted and hungry . Leah ,and mom helped bring in my bags . I was surprised when Jake came out as we came into the house . He smiled broadly and hugged me gently "missed you" he whispered and kissed me , keeping it sweet since my mother was there.

Smiling he took the bags from her and I and took them to our room . Mom waved me off when I'd asked if she wanted anything and proceeded to do that all herself , "go on and sit , you've been up a lot today" she told me .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201 0 17
Savannah has a rough life. Between the drama at home and school plus working on top of it. She just can't wait to leave this town. What happens when...
88.9K 3.4K 20
Emily has everything she has ever wanted; popularity, a handsome, all-star athlete boyfriend and a top spot on the cheerleading squad. So why does it...
666 54 13
Y/N Swan moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father, the chief of police, so that her mother can travel with her new husband for his new job...
2.7K 87 32
Zachary Gray has been praised and celebrated for his football talent throughout his high school career, landing him the grade of five star recruit. T...