Real-Life Myth

By RobinHood37

Lana Odindottir is many things. A daughter, a twin sister to one--an adoptive sister to two, a warrior, a her... More

Prologue.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven (S).
Tweleve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-one.
Twenty-two.
Twenty-three.
Twenty-four.
Twenty-five.
Twenty-six.
Twenty-seven.
Twenty-eight.
Twenty-nine.
Thirty.
Thirty-one.
Thirty-two.

Epilogue.

773 28 19
By RobinHood37

"Athena, pack a bag before we leave! Tony says you can spend the night with Morgan!" Lana yells from her room to her fifteen year old daughter, Athena's, room. The goddess sorts through her walk-in closet trying to figure out what to wear to lunch today. The teenager groans.

"Mom! I don't need you ordering me around anymore! I'm fifteen!" Athena shouts back but does start packing a bag. She huffs and starts shoving clothes into her overnight bag.

"Loki, you pack a bag too! You're spending the night with Steve and Bucky's son, Carter! You remember him right?"

"You mean my best friend in the entire world? Yes, mom, I think I remember him!" Her ten year old son, Loki, calls back. Apparently the goddess is very fertile because Loki was born nine months after the death of her twin brother.

"Oh, Calypso, dear! Tony's told me his son Leo has been asking about you. Perhaps you should wear something cute to impress him."

The seven year old groans (but is definitely blushing) in her room. "Mom! Stop getting in the middle of my love life. I'm seven!" Lana rolls her eyes and smiles, laughing quietly to herself. Quill laughs and wraps his arms around her, his head resting on her shoulder.

"Remind me why we decided to have kids again?" He asks of her. Lana laughs and shakes her head.

"We didn't. Not with those three," she reminds. He smiles and laughs with her. "The only kids we decided to have are these two." She points to her swollen stomach. Quill sets his hands on either side of it, a loving smile on his face. "We have a serious problem about using protection." Quill nods in agreement. "But that reminds me; we need names." Quill scrunches his face up in thought.

"What about. . . Artemis and Apollo?" Lana laughs and kisses his cheek. "To stick with the mythology theme?" She smiles and nods.

"I love it." Lana twirls in his arms so she can kiss his lips. "Artemis and Apollo Quill." He smirks. She bites her lip, draping an arm around his neck. Quill kisses her again. And again. And again. He goes in for another one but Lana steps away. "If we continue this, we'll be late." Quill nods and heads off to go change. Lana twirls back around so she can find something to wear.

~~~

Later, the family of five (soon to be seven) stands in their living room. After half a decade of roaming around Europe, Lana and Quill decided to settle down, get married, and get a comfortable home in Italy. Surprisingly, once they told the home owner they helped save the world against Thanos, the home owner was more lenient on them not having money. The Quill family has been living here ever since. But, of course, the first Sunday in every month they happily return home to have lunch with everyone. And that means everyone.

"Everyone ready?" Lana asks, rubbing her hands together. Athena rolls her eyes while Loki nods eagerly. The goddess smiles as she twirls her hands around, creating a portal with help from the Space Stone. On the other side of the portal is the Stark's cabin in the woods. "Alright, everyone in."

Loki's the first to run through it, followed by Calypso, and then Athena. She huffs as she walks through it. Quill gives his wife a kiss before stepping through it as well. He holds out his hand for Lana to take; she does and steps through her portal. It closes behind her.

"You sure you can continue doing this?" Quill asks her as she straightens out her silk purple dress. Lana smiles and nods.

"I'm fine, love," she assures her husband. He raises an eyebrow. She playfully rolls her eyes. "Peter, darling, I did it when I was pregnant with Loki." She reminds.

"Yes, but now you're pregnant with twins." She rolls her eyes again. Quill pulls her close, holding both hands. "I just want to make sure you're safe." He kisses her nose; she scrunches it. "That's all." She breathes in the smell of Quill's cologne before sighing it out.

"Look, I know you're trying to make up for the first five years you weren't with us but I think we can manage, darling." Quill frowns. Lana brushes some of his hair back. "Theenie loves you, Loki loves you, Caly loves you." She gestures to her stomach with her head. "Arty and Apollo will love you." Quill smiles. Lana kisses the corner of his mouth. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiles warmly at him before shoving him away.

"Now back off. Pregnant women need their space." Lana waddles over to the front door. Quill watches her go, stunned. Athena glances between her mother and her father before laughing.

"She totally got you," Athena remarks. Quill looks to her and scoffs.

"She totally did not," he argues. Athena raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms. "Loki, did your mother get me?" The ten year old raven nods. Quill scoffs again. "She did not! Caly?" Calypso looks to her father and raises an eyebrow. "My sweet, sweet Calypso, have I ever told you that you're my favorite daughter?" Calypso laughs.

"You can tell me anything you wish, dad. Mom still got you," she remarks before heading over to the door.

Quill frowns. "Fine then. Now Artemis is my favorite daughter!" Athena scoffs. His eyes widen slightly as he looks to his eldest daughter. "I love you, Theenie." She rolls her eyes and nods, walking off. Quill sighs and looks to Loki. "You still love me, right?" The little boy nods. "Good. Because you're my favorite son." Loki smiles brightly before skipping off to the rest of the family.

Quill watches them from where he's stood. The door swings open revealing Pepper in a nice blue sundress. The two women erupt into smiles and hug each other in greeting. Leo, the Stark's seven year old, comes running out and drags Calypso over to their trampoline. The two start jumping with matching smiles. Loki and Carter go running off to the lake to skip stones. Athena steps into house, probably in search for (her secret girlfriend) Morgan. Pepper and Lana remain on the porch, talking. Quill approaches with a smile.

"There you are!" Lana exclaims. He laughs and wraps his arms around her. "I thought you'd run off after the space comment." She kisses his cheek. "I was worried."

"I was only taking in the amazing view." He whispers into her ear, waving at Pepper. The strawberry blonde waves back with a warm smile. Lana laughs softly.

"It's the same view every other Sunday we've come here." Quill laughs and shakes his head.

"I didn't mean the lake view," he corrects, "I meant my beautiful family of soon-to-be seven." Lana blushes and rolls her eyes. Quill kisses her temple before looking to Pepper. "Can we come in?" She nods and opens the door again.

"'Course! Everyone's here except Bruce and Natasha." The two women share a knowing look before they all head inside.

~~~

After lunch and after almost everyone's gone home, the original six, Pepper, Bucky, Lana, and Quill sit around the table. The kids- Morgan, Maria (Pepper and Tony's second child), Leo, Athena, Loki, Calypso, Carter, Frigga (Thor and Jane's little girl), Cooper, Lyla, Nathaniel, and Carmen (Bruce and Natasha's adopted daughter)- are all playing outside. For right now, they sit in silence, appreciating everything that has happened up until this point. They're all smiling as they think about the happy memories.

"Alright. I'm gonna come out and say it," Tony starts, earning everyone's attention. "You two breed like rabbits." He gestures between Quill and Lana. The happy couple look to each other before back to Tony, each raising an eyebrow. "You have five kids! That's more than any of us!"

Lana laughs. "My dear, sweet Anthony. We are but tied with the amount of offspring." He raises an eyebrow, propping his elbows onto the table. Lana starts counting on her fingers. "Harley, Peter, Morgan, Maria, Leo. That's five." Pepper laughs. Tony shoots her a glare. Lana, then, starts counting on the other hand. "Athena, Loki, Calypso, Artemis, Apollo. That's another five." Natasha and Clint share a smirk. Bruce smiles. Steve and Bucky try to retain their laughter. Quill smirks as well. "We are tied."

"Well-" Tony starts, a finger pointed at Lana. His statement dies out and his finger droops. "Yeah, okay, you've got a point." Lana smiles, victorious. "We're tied."

"Clint comes in second with three," she continues before looking to Natasha, Bruce, Steve, and Thor. "Sorry darlings, but you all tie for last with one." Everyone laughs.

"Bruce and I can always change that," Natasha remarks. Bruce laughs. "Maybe we'll adopt five more. Then we'll win." Everyone laughs again- except Bruce. He looks to his wife, eyes wide.

"All at once?" Natasha shrugs. "That's a lot of kids, Natasha." She smirks up at him.

"We can handle them." Bruce just smiles and wraps his arm around Natasha's waist. They slip into silence once more.

"It's been pretty crazy twenty-three years." Clint comments, his gaze facing the table. Everyone nods in agreement. "From being kidnapped-" He gestures to Tony. The inventor nods. "-to surviving a big evil purple jellybean." He gestures to Quill who laughs. "I'm serious guys! We've been together for twenty-three years. Well, except you two of course." Lana and Quill nod. Clint shakes his head and looks up. "Can I say these have been the best twenty-three years of my life or am I insane?" Everyone laughs. Clint nods. "I'm insane, I know. We've been through some pretty crazy shit. But we've been through it together." Everyone glances around, smiling at each other. "You guys are like family to me." A chorus of 'yeah, same' and 'you're like family too' rings throughout the room.

"As our Morgan would say-" Pepper starts, nodding to Tony to finish. He looks around the room with a warm smile to which everyone reciprocates.

"I love you three thousand."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

697 47 22
Paige Stark has been raised by her aunt Pepper and Tony Stark since the death of her parents at a young age. She is no stranger to the excitement an...
126K 2.2K 54
What if Thor and Loki had another older sister besides Hela? Introducing Destiny Odinsdottir, the Goddess of Life and the older sister of Thor and Lo...
41.7K 1.3K 20
An 'unbreakable' love created two heirs to the Asgardian throne, children of the God of Mischief and a mere female mortal who changed him for the bet...
64.5K 3.4K 25
A girl comes to the Avengers looking for her brother and warning of Thanos. Though they welcome the weird magic woman into their home, they're unawar...