Band Of Brothers Oneshots

By Wounded_Wings67

NO SMUT. Fluff! Angst?¿ lots of things. These stories are based off of the characters and ones who portrayed... More

Us and the Music
Waffles?
One Message
Fireworks
Ice Ice Baby
Record Player

Stargaze

486 6 0
By Wounded_Wings67

WARNINGS:

Nothing really?

SHIP: Baberoe

SET IN MODERN AU

~~~~~

The sun was shining down in Bayou Chene, Louisiana through the blinds of Eugene and Babe's bedroom window. It was so bright you could see the dust particles floating through the air without any disruption.

Gene stretched his arms over his head and yawned then turned to his side to take a gander at his sleeping boyfriend only to find, he's not actually there. "Edward?" He spoke tiredly almost as if he didn't get much sleep, though he did.

Achoo!

Gene cocked a brow and sat up tiredly while using his hand to block the sun directly in his eyes. He rose to his feet careful not to wake his kitty at the foot of his bed. He made his way into the hallway and to the washroom almost silently if it weren't for his bear feat padding softly on the hardwood floor. He knocked on the bathroom door and opened it slowly. "Edward?" his accent was finally peaking through the drowsy morning voice.

Babe was washing his hands and sniffling constantly. "Gene, I think I'm allergic to your cat." He murmured. Gene shook his head no. "We've been together for 3 years now, they wouldn't act up now. Maybe it's the new pillow case?" Gene replied. He loved his kitty and surely didn't wanna have to get rid of her.

Magnolia has been Gene's kitty long before him and Babe even knew each other. Almost 16 years. She's a Ragdoll with soft blue eyes, she loves to cuddle only Gene and she doesn't ask for attention, she simply just sat quietly and observed life around her.

"Maybe." Babe spoke softly. He knew how much Magnolia truly meant to his boyfriend and never wants to hurt him in any way, shape or form.

Eugene cupped Babe's face gently and checked his neck and cheeks for any hives. He spotted them quickly. "Don't scratch. It'll make the hives worse."

"But they're itchy, Gene.." Babe whined.

"Edward."

"Alright, alright." Babe murmured. Eugene spoke, finally back to his everyday Cajun prince accent. "Go lay down, I got somethin' that'll settle the hives."

Babe willingly obliged and made his way back to their bedroom as Gene made his separate way down the stairwell.

Babe lay down and took the pillow case off his pillow and Gene's. He looked at Magnolia and sighed as Gene returned with a cloth. "Why do you use that stuff for everything?" "Because it works, Edward. Coconut oil is all natural and helps." Eugene replied as he dabbed the cloth gently on the red itchy areas.

Babe knew it was the cat. He'd always get minor sniffles when it was around him for too long but he never had the heart to break it to Gene. Though, the allergies have never been this bad before.

"Gene?" he mumbled loud enough to be heard. "Hm?"the other man replied.

"I'm allergic to cats. Always have been. Just never this bad, I'm real sorry Gene. I shoulda told ya. I'm sorry."

Eugene stared at him for a moment and Babe couldn't seem to grasp what was going through his mind. That was usually the case but this time he was a little more worried about the reaction.

The dark haired man had nothing to say. He sat down and looked at his hands while the rest of his body language changed to match his mood. His shoulders became slumped and a small frown took upon his lips, eyes looking to be glossy.

Moments passed and Eugene finally spoke. "Do we have to get rid of her?" Babe shook his head no and almost fumbled his words. He wanted to apologize but he had to reason somehow, beforehand. "We can keep her, she's 16, cats don't live much longer, right?" Gene shot him the most sad and confused look he's ever seen on the mans face. "Sorry." Babe blurted out, immediately regretting his stupid comment.

~~~~~

Eugene had gone off to work and Babe sat alone on the couch of their TV room just contemplating what to do about his allergies. Gene had dropped Magnolia off at his mothers house for the day until further notice.

Babe began talking to himself aloud.

"What if Gene leaves me for the cat. No, he would never, right? Right." He was stressing himself out to an unnecessary extent. "I love him, and I cant lose him. I just can't."

About an hour later, he decided to take a nap in hopes to clear his head.

~~~~~

Babe's nap lasted way longer than he intended.

"Edward?" Eugene called as he stepped inside. Babe opened his eyes and his head jerked up. His body sprung awake and he fell right off the couch onto the ground, letting out a little grunt.

Gene rushed over and looked down at him. "You okay?" Babe sat up, facial expression unamused. "Babe?" Gene repeated himself. Babe nodded in reply and Gene offered his hand to help him up then gave it a little wiggle to signal the offer. babe took his handn and rose to feet with his boyfriends assistance'

Gene took a deep breath. "She's gonna stay with a family friend." "Gene.." Babe spoke softly and continued. "We can keep her, I'll figure it out, really. She's your cat."

Eugene shook his head no and rubbed his palms not really knowing what to do with his hands. Of all the people on this planet, Eugene Roe always knew what he was doing. Especially with his hands. He was a fairly well put together man. But here, right at this very second, standing in front of Babe, he was completely lost.

Lost for words, for joy and any common sense he once had he remained silent. In this very moment, he was in the most vulnerable state Babe had ever seen him in.

Eugene's head hung low and he bit his lip in hope to hold back any frustration or tears wanted to fall down his cheeks. Babe had no fucking idea as to what to do. Eugene Roe didn't often show deep emotions. At least not like this.

Babe's lips curled into a soft frown and hugged Gene. Eugene melted into Babe but held his own weight. He didn't put his arms around Babe in return. He just lost himself in such warmth and comfort of the man before him and rested his own cheek on Babe's shoulder making it squish.

"You can always visit her too, Gene.." Babe continued as he began to run his fingers through Gene's soft hair. "She'll always be your cat, not anybody else's. And maybe one day the allergies won't be as bad and we can get a kitten, who knows." Eugene, still being at a loss for words, simply nodded.

~~~~~

It was time. Time for Eugene to let go of his kitty. He packed up all her toys and treats and blankets. Babe wanted to help, truly, but he'd just react again.

Gene sat with Magnolia on his lap outside on the porch, petting her as she purred. He watched the rare car that would drive on his street, hoping it wasn't his best furry friend's new owner. Babe sat next to Gene and watched with him. There was nothing for either of them to say.

Gene kept praying and asking for some sort of miracle that his boyfriend's allergy would just go away right here, right now. Or maybe this cat could be some sort of exception. Just this once. Somewhere, deep down, he knew it wasn't going to do anything. But he still prayed. He still had some sort of false hope that he was holding onto by one finger.

The dust from the dirt driveway flew up into a panic as a large pickup arrived. Gene's stomach went inside out for a brief moment before he managed to decently pull himself together again.

The family friend got out of her car and came over with a smile and a hug for both Gene and Babe. Gene returned the hug halfheartedly. No offence to the ladt, he just didn't really wanna give away his kitty.

"I'm all set to take Maggie." The friend said. Eugene shot her a partial glare. "Magnolia. Like the flower." "Oh." They replied, emberassed. Gene scoffed quietly and picked up his kitty then gave her one last hug before gently put her in the carrier with her blanket.

Gene and the friend loaded the rest of Magnolia's typical kitty belongings in the trunk of the truck and set her in the passenger side of the friend's car.

"I best be on my way." The friend spoke again then left with a wave goodbye, got in her car and drove away.

Babe turned and faced Gene but his head was hung low. Gene kicked slightly at a small stone and returned inside their home, Babe following not long after.

~~~~~

The moon was out and the skies were clear enough to spot the stars. The air was humid but a breeze would follow that could easily give a person chills down their spine.

Hours have passed since Eugene had to bid farewell to his precious Magnolia.

Eugene and Babe usually went outside on the porch to watch the stars for as long as they could until one of them would fall asleep, but Gene wasn't really up for it. All night he'd been quiet. During dinner he just barely picked at his food for the first 15 minutes and trying to pick a movie was the most difficult thing that Babe has ever done with Gene. Eventually, they decided on Princess and the Frog (aka Gene's favourite movie, but he would never admit to it).

Babe looked out the window from the couch they were both settled on. "Gene?" He said while playing with the man's hand. "Gene, could we go look at the stars? Please?" Babe's voice was harmless and almost apologetic. Eugene could say no very easily most of the time when he's really not up to it, but tonight he didn't seem to have the stomach to turn down Babe. So he simply nodded yes in reply.

Babe rose to his feet and took Gene's hand in his with a blanket in the other. He lead Eugene outside and sat on the middle step of their porch staircase. Gene cozied himself next to his sweet boyfriend and set his head on his shoulder tiredly.

All they could hear were crickets and the occasional breeze that made Gene snuggle closer to stay warm. Babe set the blanket he took outside onto their shoulders and looked up at the sky.

Yeah, Eugene wasn't feeling well. Rightfully so. But the amount of guilt that was hovering around Babe's head was immense. He felt terrible for something he had no control over. If he kept apologizing, he figured Eugene would get frustrated with the constant reminder he no longer has his kitty, but all Babe wanted to do was apologize.

So he did.

"I'm sorry.."

"Why?" Eugene responded quietly. "I really didn't wanna get rid of her, I swear." Babe's words just fell from his mouth. He no longer was in control of what was being said by himself, yet it all turned out fine.

Eugene shook his no and reassured his boyfriend. "Edward, you have no control over your allergies. And you've had them for a long time.." he continued. "And you been ignoring them for years. For me. You're sweet and kind for doin' such a thing. So really...I thank you." Babe looked at him and grinned.

The silence fell once more. This time it was the kind of silence where no talking is necessary. You simply just enjoyed the company of one another.

They ended up staying outside until around 1:00 AM. They'd point out the occasional constellation and share little smiles with the other. Babe had his arm was around Eugene just holding him close, never wanting to let go.

Eugene needed this. The hugs, the smiles, the genuine snuggles and the constant love just radiating off of Babe.

Scratch that.

Eugene didn't need this.

Eugene needed him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 24.2K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.9M 85.4K 192
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
1.1M 35.9K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
134K 888 14
collection of stories .