The Billionaire's Assistant t...

By ShafiraSardar

He would have never hired her. One glance at that woman and you could just tell she was trouble. Scarlett Arc... More

Temptress
Miss Scarlett Archer
His Ego
Goddess of Teasing
A Friendly Kiss
A Quiet Night In
Coffee Made With Love
Lovely Dinner
The Argument
Hot Chocolate
Scarlett's Needs
Michael's Skills
Plans for Christmas
The Ex-Boyfriend
Christmas Party
Christmas Dinner
Cuddles and Pancakes
Noah The Hero
Scarlett's Confession
Drinks with Michael
Tiny Human
Snarky Scarlett
Proper Adults
Noah's Demands
Emma's Breakdown
Shady Restaurants and Proposals
Two Peas in a Pod
Turning the Tables
Sweet and Gentle
Connecting
Difficult Conversations
Violet Starr
The Wedding
Noah's Footsteps
Distracting Scarlett
Company Plans
Scarlett's Thoughts
Epilogue

A Big Family

7.1K 374 7
By ShafiraSardar

The honeymoon came to an end. Lucian would miss spending time with his wife without a care in the world. He didn't have to think about work or keeping his family happy. He loved spending time with his family but it also meant that he couldn't dedicate himself as much to Scarlett as he wanted.

She didn't seem to mind spending time with his family though so he knew it didn't matter if they were always occupied with everyday life.

It motivated her to do better. She was always busy, thriving under pressure and taking charge. She was strong, but he knew that the Scarlett he knew also had a sensitive side. Sometimes a bit childish and always playful.

When they took a flight back home he could tell she was excited to get home. It made him chuckle and shake his head at her. He wasn't longing to go home while she was cheerful and grinning from ear to ear.

"I must have done something wrong." He trailed off.

She glanced at him as they collected their suitcases, ready to head home and settle in.

"What do you mean?" She didn't get what he was trying to say, the confusion on her face very cute.

"You seem happier home than when it was just the two of us."

She closed in on him, grabbing onto his jacket and tightly holding on. He didn't say it to make her panic about their relationship. It had been a joke to lighten the mood.

"I liked being alone with you!" There was the side of her she always tried to hide from others. She was always so well put together but she lowered her mask when she was with him. It told him how close they actually were, "You know I just can't sit still. It's who I am, it had nothing to do with you."

He couldn't listen to her bring up excuses anymore. It didn't matter because he did know her. He knew going on this honeymoon would be challenging for her. Wanting to make her shut up he placed his hand on the back of her head and kissed her.

The kiss was a bit harsh but it got the message across. She softened in front of him, giving into the kiss without hesitation. He meant to kiss her just to shut her up but things were heating up in a public place. He needed to remind himself that they were out in public, in a very crowded place too.

Pulling away he tensed when he heard a little squeal which was all too familiar to him.

"Ew!"

He glanced down, holding back his laughter as he watched Lily with her hands covering her eyes. She stuck her tongue out looking utterly disgusted. Grinning he pulled away from Scarlett and leaned down to wrap his niece up in his arms.

"I missed you." He told her, hugging her tightly.

She quickly returned the hug, wrapping her arms around his neck, "I missed you too!" Her sweet voice so high-pitched he could barely make out the words.

"Lily!" Noah came rushing to them, looking out of sorts, "Don't just run off like that. Do you know how worried mom and I were?" He asked.

Lily didn't seem to understand why his brother was upset. She pulled away from him to look at her father with that innocent look in her eyes.

"But uncle Lucy-"

"I know, but you can't run off on your own like that, okay?" Noah tried to keep it together, he could tell that his brother was trying hard to keep his voice quiet and calm, "You need to close to me or your mom when we're in crowded places like this."

Lily nodded, looking at her feet while her eyes teared up. She was ready to cry. He knew Noah was right and he should leave Lily be to think things over. He couldn't leave her like that though. He picked her up effortlessly which made her face lit up again.

"You won't do that again, right?" He asked her with a smile spread across his face.

She nodded, "I won't!"

He kissed her temple, glancing at his brother who seemed less tense. Noah rolled his eyes at him, knowing that right now he was the bad guy. It was his job to be the cool uncle so he wouldn't apologize for that. He knew when it came to Violet the roles would be reversed.

Kim showed up with Olivia at her side and Rose on her hip. Scarlett and Kim started chatting about the honeymoon while he placed Lily back on her feet and took care of the suitcases. His brother helped him, they followed after the women who were excitedly talking, catching up on life.

"It's been a week but it felt like a decade," Noah admitted to him.

He chuckled, "Missed me that much?"

Noah didn't look annoyed with him despite all the taunting that he did. He didn't expect his brother to miss him since his honeymoon merely lasted a week.

"I don't want to do you work, just saying." Noah told him, "It doesn't appeal to me at all."

Lucian snorted, "Yet you were supposed to be the CEO." He reminded his brother, he narrowed his eyes on Noah, "So having three kids was an elaborate scheme to get out of it?" He asked.

He knew that wasn't true but maybe Scarlett rubbed off on him.

"We'll talk again in a few years." Noah calmly responded.

He couldn't even protest against it, maybe in a few years, he also had a big family to take care of. He didn't have that talk with his wife yet but he'd carefully bring it up tonight. He was sure the mood would be good. They'd unpack their things, relax a bit before heading to bed.

That would be the perfect time to talk about their plans for the future.

***

They had dinner at his place, ordering pizza and other late-night snacks which weren't healthy but every now and then it was okay to spoil the girls. Kim didn't feel like cooking up a storm and Scarlett agreed. The girls were thrilled to eat their cheese pizza while watching a movie.

He called Dawn to let her know he was back home and wanted to see Violet soon. Dawn agreed to let his little girl stay the weekend. He couldn't wait to hold her in his arms.

He made coffee and tea for his family, watching as Lily ran over to him looking very excited. She eyed him for a minute before she spoke up.

"Uncle Lucy."

He was curious where this was going. He recognized the look in her eyes, it was the same look Scarlett gave him whenever she was up to no good. He didn't want to make assumptions though so he patiently waited for her to speak up.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Can I help?"

He didn't expect her to offer help. Maybe the movie she had been watching with Olivia didn't interest her anymore. He didn't know what task to give her. He reached into the cupboard and grabbed the box filled with various teas.

"You can put this in the living room." He suggested.

She looked eager to have something to do, "Okay!"

He shook his head, amused at how excited she was with a mere task like that. He made coffee for Noah and poured boiling water into mugs for Kim and Scarlett. He placed them on a tray and watched as Lily approached him again.

"Uncle Lucy!"

He greeted her with a grin, "Yes?"

"Can I have some tea too?"

He grabbed a smaller mug and poured some water into it, "You found a tea you like?"

"Yes! Mom says it will taste just like apple pie!"

"Oh, I think we had some cookies left from the other day. Will you take this to the living room too?" He grabbed the box of cookies from the cupboard and handed it to Lily who looked at with wide eyes.

They joined the rest of the family in the living room. When he sat down next to Scarlett to cozy up with her, Lily managed to wiggle her way between them. Scarlett tried to hide her smile, winking at him when he met her gaze.

***

He sat on their bed, watching Scarlett move around the room as she did her night-time routine. She was going on about how cute the girls were today. Lily couldn't hide how much she missed them or him in particular. Always staying close to him.

It was cute and Scarlett thought so too. She couldn't stop talking about it.

"I've been thinking." He trailed off.

"Yeah?" Scarlett called sounding a bit distracted.

He grabbed his phone when it vibrated a few times, letting him know he had new messages. He opened the messages, smiling at the pictures Dawn sent him of Violet. She was looking right at the camera, her little round head so cute while her big eyes were full of wonder.

It was rare to see her wide awake like that.

He didn't mind having another one, he knew it was Scarlett's wish. She wanted children quite early in their relationship.

"We're both ready to start a family, so I was thinking that we can actually start, you know."

He knew he was mumbling, but Scarlett who leaned against the doorpost heard him. Her eyes glittering as she watched him carefully. He tossed his phone aside, watching her close in on him. A light floral scent lingered around her, but he couldn't focus on it.

Scarlett straddled him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she leaned in to kiss him.

He didn't think she wanted to start right this minute, there were a few things they needed to take care of first. Scarlett was still on birth control so it wasn't like they could actually try for a baby. He guessed she was just so happy she couldn't contain her emotions.

Scarlett kissed him deeply, slowly pushing him down on their bed. She didn't let him process what was happening at all, slowly trailing her kisses down. He wanted to spoil her yet Scarlett wasn't having it. She was in control tonight.

It's not like he minded. He remembered Noah's words, realizing his brother was probably right about them. They might just end up with a big family too.

"Ticklish?" Scarlett asked when he chuckled.

She looked up at him, her fingers trailing across his sides. He wasn't, but he wouldn't share with her what he talked about with his brother. That was between them.

Smirking he reached down, running his fingers down her cheeks, "I'm just really happy."

She grinned at him, the familiar mischievous look in her eyes promising him some darker things.

"I'll make you even happier." She promised him.

He didn't doubt that at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 4.3K 37
Scarlett Rose doesn't know what to make out of life. All she knows for now is that she wants out. Out from her abusive parents. Out from the stress o...
2.8M 86.2K 58
When a bubbly farmer Faye gets sent on a mission by her best friend, the infamous journalist Elizabeth Venice. Faye finds herself in New York City, o...
418K 17K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...
85.8K 2.8K 143
"It's time to focus on the company and stop doing disasters, as I see no other option, you will marry Nathaniel." Scarlett's father said. "Son I thin...