Reborn (Apollo x OC)

By lavishlife

The oracle gripped her hair and slowly tore it open through its tangles. Her clouded eyes met Zeus's lighteni... More

Introduction and Characters
Chapter 1 "Islands of Ice."
Chapter 2 "Glaciers."
Chapter 3 "The Titaness."
Chapter 4 "The Girl."
Chapter 5 "The Gods."
Chapter 6 "A Name..."
Chapter 7 "Preservation"
Chapter 8 "Blood and War."
Chapter 9 "The Sun see's all."
Chapter 10 "Plotting."
Chapter 11 "Seducing The God of War."
Chapter 12 "Love."
Chapter 13 "Camp what?!"
Chapter 14 "Punishment."
Chapter 15 "Titaness to Demi-Goddess"
Chapter 17 "The Gift"
Chapter 18 "Silver Arrow"
Chapter 19 "Rose Chariot"
Chapter 20 "An Ancient Love"
Chapter 21 "A Promise"
Chapter 22 "God of Whining"
Chapter 23 "Change of Plans"
Chapter 24 "A Terrible Promise."
Chapter 25 "Unresolved Feelings"
Chapter 26 "Prying Eyes"
Chapter 27 "forced into confession"
Chapter 28 "Golden Eyes, Frozen Tears."
Chapter 29 "The Imposter"
Chapter 30 "A Warm Touch"

Chapter 16 "Godly Errands"

4.7K 168 30
By lavishlife

I found myself standing at the unoccupied entrance. You'd think it would've been heavily guarded or even watched for that matter, but no soul was in sight. I stood with my hands clenched firmly at my sides, my body facing the archway; the exit of the camp.

I couldn't muster the courage to take the step, part of me felt like someone WAS watching and I'd pay the consequences if I left. Then again, did I even care what these half mortals thought about me? They sit here and regard me as something lower than them, the disrespect is infuriating. I have never been treated with such blatant contempt and I won't stand for it. My stirring thoughts and boiling rage pushed me over the edge, I finally mustered up the strength to step forward. I tilted my chin up high and walked through the archway. I stopped at the now entrance and turned towards the camp, again, nobody was in sight.

I felt a smirk creep over my face, "Fools, you think I can be contained in your 'camp'? You were gravely mistaken." I sneered.

With my comment I turned on my heel and began walking away. Strangely I walked without disturbance, without a single issue. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

APOLLO'S POV

"I hope you're decent because I'm coming in anyways!" I called inside Hera's cabin where Shiva was staying. I had been knocking restlessly at her door waiting for an answer but of course she'd ignore me like a child.

I pushed open the door and observed the inside of the cabin before stepping in, I scanned the room and took a step in. It was cold, of course it was cold, and dark. There was no Shiva in sight. "Where could she be...?" I pondered aloud.

"And you're concerned... why?"

I turned around to find Kelly standing in the doorway of the cabin, she had a smirk plastered on her chubby face like she stole candy from a child.

I rolled my eyes, "Just because I allowed myself in doesn't mean everyone can just barge in." I looked over my shoulder and continued, "Don't question my concerns."

The girls eyes glinted with something, an unknown emotion. "She stormed off."

"What do you mean she stormed off?" I scoffed at her.

"Some of the kids from the Ares cabin were picking on her." Kelly said shrugging. My senses told me she was keeping something else from me...

"Why would they pick on her?" I asked crossing my arms.

She grinned, "I wouldn't know."

She was lying. I can tell.

I squinted my eyes at her, "Must you forget that I'm the god of truth?"

Her grin fell from her lips and her face remained blank, she shook her head. "It's just, she was going around calling herself a titan and-"

I sighed before she could finish. Foolish Shiva. She's far too naive to fend for herself, let alone deal with adolescents picking on her for it. She was helpless.

"Where did she storm off to?" I asked.

Kelly shrugged, "I don't know. I just saw her heading away from the cabins. I don't know where she went."

She wasn't lying nor withholding information from me, but part of me lacked trust in this Kelly girl.

A gentle smile crept on her face, she tucked her brown hair behind her ear and spoke softly. "She's very temporal. I'm sure she'll get over it and return to her cabin in a few."

I didn't respond and simply looked at her, she was short and stocky yet cute. Her brown hair met her shoulders in ringlets and she had doe like brown eyes matched with a button face. She wasn't bad but she wasn't gorgeous. At the same time I felt placed under some kind of spell, like I took every word she spoke to heart.

I shook my head out of the daze and nodded, "You're probably right. I'll check later then."

Part of me still felt uneasy however... I would simply have to wait and see.

SHIVA'S POV

If only I had my full capabilities and wasn't compromised by Zeus. It's simply unfair, I didn't ask to be titan or any of that. I was accustomed to a life style and now it's gone! I walked and walked and walked. My feet kicked at the rocks of the pavement and my eyes scanned through the towering trees taking in the wilderness. I practically gasped when I heard the crunch of rocks from a distance, I backed away as it grew louder only to reveal a... black shiny and moving box appearing over the hill. It moved towards me and came to halt. A door flew open revealing a young woman in a black trench coat sitting in the back.

"Get in Shiva." The woman ordered, her voice stern yet convincing. I tried to take in her appearance but it was a blur for some reason. I shrugged and crawled into the moving box, the door shut behind me and I was sat upon a leather chair next to the woman.

"Who are you? And what is this moving box." I asked.

"It's you're favorite adoptive mother."

"Eh-Hera?" I suggested confused.

The woman nodded and suddenly her face cleared. "Indeed, and this is a car not a 'moving box' my dear." She retorted.

I squeezed my lips into a thin line and glared at her, "Why are you here?"

Hera sighed and fluffed her brown curls out onto her shoulders, "You'd be helpless without me dear, just like you were with that little stunt you pulled."

"You mean we?"

"Yeah yeah whatever, anyways, Zeus has been busying himself with earthly business; probably some broad, and I've been terribly bored AND concerned of course. Despite everything I was still your mother in a way, I took care of you and developed a dearest relationship with you-"

"What is it you want from me?"

Hera gave up her rambling and cut to the point, "Look, I can help you receive your powers back if you help me!"

"Why should I help you? The last time I helped anyone I ended up getting cast out of Olympus." I retorted.

"Well dear, the last time only went wrong because you didn't listen to me! This time I'll make sure you do what you're told and we'll both get what we want in the end!" She said as she began pouring herself a glass of champagne.

"Hera-"

"Mother." She corrected.

I rolled my eyes, "Mother, I'm tired of dealing other gods and half mortals. I just want to spend time alone, powers or not."

"I don't blame you, those half mortals especially. Products of infidelity and sexual misconduct. They're disgusting truly. Some gods and goddesses can't keep it in their pants." She sighed.

I wanted to interject but she wasn't wrong in the slightest. I agreed with her. It gave me discomfort at the sheer amount of godly children running around. But I already knew where her hatred was rooted from, Hercules and the mortals Zeus has affairs with.

"How will me helping you benefit you? What are you wanting me to do?" I asked.

Hera smiled gently, "I won't tell you exactly. You'll find out along the way my dear. I just have some errands I need you to run for me."

I raised an eyebrow, "You're not doing a good job at convincing me."

She nodded sympathetically, "Just trust me and give it time. What else do you have to lose?"

She wasn't wrong.

Call me naive but I agreed to her terms, I was terribly bored and somewhat resentful. I found myself meddling in godly business once again.

Authors Note

I'm genuinely shocked that my story managed to get 3000 reads. I just wrote it out of interest and to fill up my class time. It's crazy how something you're passionate is enjoyed by other people.

I'm sorry I haven't updated regularly or recently for that matter, I dealing with college stuff and my mothers health issues. I didn't think anybody would enjoy this in the slightest.

Please leave a comment or vote, I'll respond to and read all of your comments. It encourages me to update more often and shows me that you guys are interested!

-Emma

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 94 28
❛As the sun kissed the sea...their bodies melted into each other's❜ A story in which two troubled souls find safety in each other. Andromeda 'Andie'...
27.2K 388 10
"Hera, can we please talk about this?" Zeus pleaded. "No. I HATE YOU, ZEUS!" Hera's words dripped with a potent mix of anger and hurt. ... Hera had g...
849 41 4
Percy Jackson ff Apollo X OC She was Aphrodite's Champion. Said to be the best of the best fighters, the powerhouse of the Halfbloods. For they were...
25.4K 469 7
It takes six months to lose your immortality. Six grueling months of pain and fear. Follow my take on what may have happened during the six months Ap...