Oh No! [IT 2017 Reader Insert]

By CallMeEvyn

"I'm now becoming my own self-fulfilled prophecy!" [Y/N] [L/N] has been left alone with only their mother to... More

Foreword
00 | Prologue
01 | Welcome to Derry
02 | School's Out
03 | Emotional Drainage
04 | Stolen Riches
06 | House of Horrors
07 | Bloodbath
08 | Crashing Revelations
09 | Broken Promises
10 | IT Ends Now

05 | Drowning Lessons

2.5K 81 114
By CallMeEvyn

𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟷𝟸𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟿.

You looked at your group, all of whom were spitting into the body of water below the rock fixture you were standing currently on. You weren't sure what offended you more- the fact they were disrespecting nature or the fact they were spitting bodily fluid in front of you.

     "C'mon, [Y/N], join the fun!" Richie suggested, at which your eyes widened.

     "Nope. You are on crack if you think I'm being near you guys while you're spitting- and you're on heroin to if you think I'm joining in with you. Then again, maybe you're on both. I honestly can't tell anymore." You muttered, retreating further into the shade of the tree you were taking solace in, eventually ending up completely hugging your body against the trunk.

     "You're a puss, [Y/N]! It's either that or you jump in first," Richie said, gesticulating towards the dirty pit filled with water. You sighed, cautiously making your way towards the group. Your undergarments showed way to much skin- that wasn't your only issue, though, seeing as more skin means more contact with spit.

     Ew. Ew. EW.

     "I fucking hate all of you." You said scathingly. You realized everyone was looking at you, and the noticed Eddie had spit as you were approaching the edge of the rock formation. You realized it was your turn, and ignored the ensuing argument between Eddie And Richie- again. "Let me rephrase that. I fucking DESPISE all of you." You said, sucking in the spit pooling in your mouth and ejecting it into the water.

     "Or juicy and fat-" Eddie stopped his gross monologue as you wiped your mouth. "Shit. [Y/N]'s good." Richie painstakingly nodded in agreement, seeing how painful it was for him to agree with his little debate partner.

     You smirked. "Thanks. I practice." Everyone squinted at you. Practice?

     "Alright-" Bill interrupted. "Who's first?" He said, pointing to the water. You gulped. You'd just spit in that, and you were going to jump into it? Were you trying to get chlamydia?

     You all stood idly, looking into the water. You had a slight look of fear on your face- that shit looked gross and dangerous, less so than the waters in the Barrens, though. You could at least take solace in that. You rubbed the back of your neck. "Anyone?" You asked, trying to add to Bill's earlier statement.

     "I'll go!" You all turned to Beverly as she took her dress off. Was her hair...shorter? You were tempted to look away, but then you had a realization.

     Oh shit. She's hot.

     "Sissies." She said, running and diving into the water. Your mouth was agape.

     "What the fuck!" Richie voiced, and you turned to him with a raised brow. "Ah, holy shit! We just got shown up by a girl."

     You smirked. "She totally fucking showed you pussies up." You paused when Richie gave you a knowing look. "And, uh...me."

     "Do we have to do that now?" Stan asked nervously, and you gulped and nodded. Beverly yelled at you guys to 'come on' and Stan once again mused: "Oh, shit."

     "I'll go next." You looked down, inhaling a bit. What if you hit the rocks?

     Fuck it.

    "Shit," You said, before launching yourself in, cringing when the frigid water made contact your skin. "FUCK!" You screamed, waving your arms idly. "I'm gonna get fucking hypothermia," 

     Richie yelled at you from above after you screamed your theory. "Dude, you sound like Eddie!" Of course, he jumped in last, the chicken he was, and you subsequently splashed him, starting a splash war between all parties. You snorted when Beverly got on Bill and Richie got on Ben, and you subsequently clung onto Stanley's back while he was messing around with Eddie, not noting either party's reaction.

     "Onward, royal steed!" You said, imitating Richie's 'British guy' impression. You were surprised when Stan didn't boot you off of him, instead carrying you towards the action. You giggled like a child because that's what you felt like at that wonderful moment: an innocent, naive child.

     You jumped off of him, coming up with your hair wetter than before upon going underwater (predictably), catching up with everyone who began swimming along.

     You were oblivious to Beverly and Bill loitering behind as you submerged Richie, and then you caught a glimpse of them. You almost felt a pang of...jealousy. You tried to ignore it, going along with Richie, hoping he wouldn't notice your change in mood. You failed to see his hands coming over your head in your stupor, and yelped when you felt the water. You came up, gasping and laughing.

     "You asshole!" You said, nearly getting Richie before Eddie beat you to the punch.

     "What the fuck was that!?" Richie yelled as he got out from under the water. You splashed him in response, before realizing what you saw was a turtle, as Bill commented. You immediately dived down to retrieve the turtle. You needed that turtle. You didn't see Ben under with you, though not for the same reasons. You all finally came up, some of you attempting to climb the rock fixture (and failing), and some of you noting the ramp-like formation leading upwards.

...

     You all had gotten out of the water, finally. You were sitting on the edge of the rock formation, your legs kicking lightly. You had a boombox blasting shitty music you didn't know the name of, and didn't care to. You simply sat, thinking, before you looked up and saw everyone admiring Beverly. You went to grab the turtle you'd found, but it had crawled away. You frowned.

     "Man, you're all fuckin' swooning." You said, earning an elbow in the rib from Eddie. "Dude, what the shit?" You said, holding your arms closer to you for some form of protection. Somehow, that little exchange alone didn't earn Beverly's attention.

     Nevertheless, at some point, she turned to you all, and you all deflected your gaze, not wanting to be caught staring. But, if anyone commented, you technically were innocent. You saw Richie digging into Ben's backpack.

     "News flash, Ben! School's out for summa'!" Richie said, thoroughly sarcastic, as he dug through items in Ben's bag. And of course, he said it in one of his dumbass accents, this one you couldn't identify the origin of.

     "Oh, that? That's not school stuff." Ben stated.

     "Yeah, Richie. Besides, of all people, with your nerdy ass glasses, you'd probably be carrying school stuff." You quipped in your most asshole-ish tone.

     "[Y/N], God help me, I will fucking push you into the quarry," Richie said, and you mock gasped.

     "No, you wouldn't." You said, grinning at Richie as you leaned back against the tree behind you. Despite his previous comment being a threat, Richie grinned in return.

     "Who sent you this?" Richie asked, turning his attention back to Ben as he stared at a folded up postcard. You tried to read what it said, but Ben beat you to the punch.

     "No one!" He defensively said, snatching back the card from Richie and shoving it in his bag.

     "Someone's defensive," you cooed, earning a snicker from Richie. "Is it a love letter?" You didn't receive an answer on that front.

     Richie then snagged a folder from Ben's bag, eliciting a response from Eddie. "What's with the history project?"

     Richie passed it around as Ben monologued. "Oh, well, when I first moved here, I didn't really have anyone to hang out with." You could relate. "So I just...started spending time in the library." He said softly.

     "You went to the library? On purpose?" Richie asked. You chuckled.

     "Richie, leave the kid alone. He wants an education, unlike some people." You said, smirking at him. You realized you had contradicted your earlier statement about Richie carrying school things due to his glasses, but to you, it was worth it to get the insult in.

     "[Y/N], I swear to GOD-" Richie pointed at the quarry threateningly.

     "You wouldn't," you mocked, leaning forward.

     "Watch me," Richie growled.

     "Oh! I wanna see!" Beverly said, joining your circle to look at the folder.

     'What's 'The Black Spot'?" Stan asked, and you went to look at the paper briefly upon his comment.

     "The Black Spot was a nightclub that was burned down years ago by that racist cult," Ben answered, and you cringed a bit. People were probably inside there and just...burned...you involuntarily got a few vividly grotesque images to form in your mind, and you began to wheeze.

     "What racist cult?" Stan asked.

     "Did you watch Geraldo?" Richie asked, tone positively condescending.

     You all turned to watch the exchange between Beverly and Bill. There goes that fucking jealousy again. "Y--y-your hair..." Bill said to Beverly.

     Ben seemed to finish for him. "Your hair looks beautiful, Beverly." Bill stared at him with so much offense you could almost laugh if not for that tugging feeling.

     "Oh." Beverly pushed her hair back. "Right. Thanks."

    "Friendzoned." You whispered, getting elbowed by Richie of all people. That was a new low, to say the least.

     "Here. Pass it." Richie gestured to Bill, who handed him the paper. You leaned over Richie's shoulder to read, seeing as you could barely make it out when Bill had it in his hands. "Why is it all murders and missing kids?" Richie asked, cocking a brow.

     "Yeah. A bit creepy, if you ask me." You mused, looking down.

     "Derry's not like any town I've ever been in before. They did a study once. And it turns out...people die or disappear six times the national average." Ben informed.

     Just like you'd read.

     "You read that?" Beverly inquired.

     "And that's just grown-ups. Kids are worse. Way, way worse." Ben said, almost casually. You applauded him for his voice somehow not wavering,

     On the contrary, you spoke up with a tremble, your voice a whisper. Eddie wrapped an arm around your shoulder gently, concerned. After all, you were always so loud- you being silent wasn't normal, and even Eddie could tell that upon not knowing you that long. "Kids. Kids like us." You said, and almost everyone went silent, rushing water the only sound ringing in all your ears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 78 18
ava lewis just moved to derry, maine. she also just happens to live next to stanley uris. this summer, she meets the losers club. but, what will ava...
14.4K 535 21
I OWN NON OF THESE CHARACTERS WITHIN THIS STORY A little bit about Y/n is that she is quite shy out in the real world, however when she's on the Inte...
100 0 13
An eponymous being is haunting the town of Derry, Maine. The small children are mysteriously disappearing. The townspeople are filled with fear but b...
153K 2.3K 17
you are richie toziers younger sister by a year, which automatically makes you apart of the losers club! richie is super protective over you and your...