A Summer To Never Forget {Com...

Wolf_Fire_Ice द्वारा

Book 1 The Four Seasons Series Archon Phury Cole or Arch for short hated his life and his father Sterling Col... अधिक

Original book cover
Prologue
1. Archon
2. Riley
4. Riley
5. Archon
6. Riley
7. Archon
8. Riley
9. Archon
10. Riley
11. Archon
12. Riley
13. Archon
14. Riley
15. Archon
16. Riley
17. Archon
18. Riley
19. Archon
20. Riley
21. Archon
22. Riley
23. Archon
24. Riley
25. Archon
26. Riley
27. Archon
28. Riley
29. {interlude} Keelan
30. Archon
31. Riley
32. Archon
33. Riley
34. Archon
35. Riley
36. Archon
Sequel to A summer to never forget

3. Archon

12K 742 30
Wolf_Fire_Ice द्वारा

        I hope to call the Black Panther who I met in the little clearing a friend. I don't have a lot of those besides my family members. Having a friend in the Pack might make these dreaded eight weeks slightly more bearable. He seemed nice enough and was very patient with me. He didn't look like someone letting anybody touch him, so I felt a little proud and privileged that he let me touch him of all people. Don't know whether that's a good or bad thing.

        When I asked Niamh about him she got a little scared. Said there weren't a lot of pure black feline weres and the ones they did have were personal guards to the Alpha King. I was confused; if he was so dangerous, why did help me get back to the village? She just shrugged her shoulders; she didn't know either. Said that some of those kinds of weres were touched in the head. I scoffed at that, just because she couldn't understand him or his reasons doesn't mean he's nuts.

        When Niamh told me that I would be presented to the Alpha King tomorrow; I was understandably nervous. I have been here for a week; Pack policies dictate that if I wish to stay longer or extend my stay I needed to present myself and my case to the Alpha King. I only had packed things I thought I might need during my stay, so I had brought no formal clothes.

        I never thought I actually got the meet the Alpha King. So, unfortunately, I needed to go shopping. With Niamh....Alone...

        Someone, please kill me now!

        She's way too happy about the whole ordeal; she had been babbling none stop and squealing.

        Good, God!

        The squealing, my ears are still ringing from the shrill sound. I felt uncomfortable spending money that wasn't mine, but dad insisted we use his credit card. I groaned and resist the urge of hitting my head against the dashboard as Niamh pulls up in the mall's parking lot.

        Of course, she had to choose the biggest and most ridiculously expensive mall within a twelve-mile radius of the Pack House. "Really?" I turn my head to face her. "We don't have to go here. We could go to the other one we passed on the way here." She blushes a little as she fiddles with the car keys; a habit of hers when she's nervous.

        She'd fiddle with everything within grasping reach. "Dad said we needed something that wouldn't offend the Alpha King and only the best will do. Besides he never lets me go this far without an escort or Maeve. Even if she comes she's no fun; only going to shops she needed to go to before heading straight home."

        My plan exactly.

        I did take a little bit of pity on her "Don't you have a lot of friends who you could go with instead?" Her eyes narrowed a bit before turning a little sad. "They aren't that interested in fashion of humans or everything else they invent. To them, humans are just passing entertainment. I stopped hanging out with them when the incident occurred."

        Since weres live longer than the average human by at least a century or two, most weres view humans as passing entertainment. I can count the cases where a human accident occurred on my hands.

        Weres are usually very careful around humans. Weres call it an unfortunate accident; humans call it murder or manslaughter. When an accident occurs and if the were in question gets caught and charged; he or she will only do time for a hundred years. Because after a hundred years most of the victim's family passed away and there would be no use doing more time. From the sad and pained expression, I can tell that whatever human they found fascinating and played around with must have died at some point.

        Weres are now considerably more careful than they were in the past because of this new group of weres causing all kinds of trouble. I just hope she isn't involved with them. "Please don't tell me you're involved with the Hunters." She looked at me startled, outraged at the mere mention of me associating her with them.

        "What do you mean I am involved with the Hunters?" I roll my eyes at her tone of voice, it was high pitched.

        "Jeez, relax. I was just making sure." She huffed before getting out and slamming the car door in the process. I followed at a more sedate pace, giving her time to cool down and relax. When I found her in front of a men's clothing store tapping her foot, I fought the smile.

        She looked more annoyed than anything else. We were looking around for colours that would suit me when she decided to tell me what annoyed her "Look... About earlier in the car? I am sorry for my outburst. It's just..." she threw her hands up in a helpless gesture.

        "A sore subject I know."

        Dad had been cramming all kinds of Pack stuff in my head over the past few days. Including the little information, they had on the Hunters. The information was meagre and not all too enlightening; it stated that they started as the assassins of the First Alpha King; they were under his direct orders.

        They had orders to protect the community against all threats; from the inside and outside. Nobody else could tell them what to do. That's what made them so dangerous; they would and could kill the Alpha King himself if he posed a threat to the community.

        Somehow they disappeared or disbanded over the course of the following centuries after the First Alpha King died. It had everybody in a tizzy; could they really be the legendary Hunters after all these years? Most thought it was just youngsters playing, acting tough. By doing so giving the community a bad name, a lot were fearful that we would go back to the Dark Ages. The time it was common to hunt weres close to extinction.

        Our shopping trip was completed with an ice cream from an ice cream parlour. I was surprised to learn that neither Niamh nor Maeve ever had ice cream before in their life. I know a lot of weres don't like the sugary goodness but Niamh was ecstatic about it. "Please keep this a secret from dad would you Archie?"

        I nodded my head in agreement since dad found out she was associated with the accident he had forbidden her a lot. Besides what he doesn't know couldn't hurt him. She squealed before hugging me a little too enthusiastically. Since I don't use the crutches anymore I still limp a little, unsure on my foot. With her added weight and the other things we bought (she bought some new outfits for herself and I ended up carrying them!), I bumped into someone else.

        I was glad I already finished my ice cream, or else I would have had a bigger problem. Just my luck that I bumped into Keelan Hamilton and his cronies; the top jock of my college. As per usual he sneered when he saw it was me, but switched in a blink of an eye when he saw that I was with Niamh. All the guys let their eyes wander appreciatively along her slender yet voluptuous figure.

        "Hey babe, how are you doing?" His voice was lower than normal; Niamh just rolled her eyes

        "I was doing great until you showed up." Before she could do any worse I apologised and nudged her along. She protested the whole way "Why did you apologise Archie?"

        I sighed "Because dear little sis, Keelan can make my life hell on campus when I go back next year. He's the top dog in our school so to say and nobody tells him otherwise."

        She glanced back once more before snarling under her breath "Someone should teach him a lesson or two." 

        I shook my head "I just hope that you're not thinking of teaching him the said lesson."

        The ride home was spent in a comfortable silence; Niamh was humming under her breath very pleased with something. Probably the fact she almost emptied dad's credit card. I barely managed to stop her just in time, just because all that money is there doesn't mean you need to spend it all.

        She had a hard time accepting that so I told her she could buy something like that the next time. I facepalmed when the words left my mouth; I just agreed to take her shopping again. Niamh looked pleased.

        Of course, she did.

        Dad was quite pleased with the two suites Niamh had picked for me for my presentation, and the stuff Niamh had bought for herself. Thankfully she left the thing with Keelan out of the whole thing, wasn't waiting for more talks about how I ought to act.

        ~~~~

        Today was the day of my presentation. I have been nervous the last few days. I woke up early and went through the whole morning routine without incidents. Usually, Niamh would burst into the room just as I was getting dressed or drying off. I put on my navy blue suit, with a white blouse and black shiny shoes.

        My hair, on the other hand, wouldn't be tamed no matter how much gel I put into it, so I just gave up on it. Dad approved of my choice; he nodded his head as he read the morning paper. Niamh was bustling around the kitchen making toast scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages; all in all a heartily breakfast.

        My palms were sweating when I stood in front of the solid oak door leading to the Alpha King's throne room. I bit my lip as I looked back once at my family; dad, Niamh, Maeve and her mate and children were all there. Silently supporting me. With a nod from dad, I squared my shoulders as the door slowly opened. Praying I would be ready for this.

        Stepping into the room, the first thing I noticed was the personal guard on duty; it was the same guy that insisted on carrying me... Riley if I remember right.

        The Alpha King was tall as he was broad; he was six foot nine I think, the tanned skin covering his muscled frame, startling blue eyes and bleached blond hair. His eyes are not as judgemental as he looked at me. "Archon Phury Cole" his voice and power rippled around me as he slowly circled me; checking me from all angles.

        I just nodded my head; I couldn't utter a word that heavy was his presence. His eyes locked on mine "Why should you be allowed to stay? Besides the obvious fact that your family lives here."

        Seeing as I couldn't speak, I just stared at him; willing him to understand. His heavy gaze widens in surprise "You're not in the Pack Link." It's more of a statement than a question. As Alpha King, he knows exactly where every member of his pack is. Even those who live outside Pack boundaries; like my mom and several Loners are part of the Pack Link. Somehow I wasn't connected. He gently tapped the front of my forehead.

        [Can you hear me Archon? Respond if you do.]

        Not knowing how to respond I nodded my head.

        [Good. Now, this might hurt and be confusing but I want you to let everything go.]

        I frowned, what did he mean let everything go?

        [Your mother had you lock your animal away. Hence the reason you weren't part of the Pack Link. Search for that part that you can't reach.]

        The King sounded soothingly calm; I stopped panicking.

       [I will help you.]

        I took a deep breath and closed my eyes and released the breath I was holding. Inside my head, I was in a part of my brain that looked like a library. I love to read. I looked around to all the bookcases filled with knowledge I had gathered over the years, wondering where to start.

        In the back of my mind, I could feel the King watching silently. I wandered down the pathway mom always warned me about, I felt a presence there. It was eager to meet me; I reached out to the presence.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

5.1K 414 9
--- A ROM COM STORY OF FOURTH x GEMINI --- HE IS YOUR SPIRITUAL HUSBAND - Shaman HOW DO HE LOOKS? - Fourth HANDSOME, TALL AND SOMETIMES WEIRD - Shama...
96 7 9
Clans, packs and covens, and other groups of supernatural creatures have created a special school for their descendants. Four kids from the Castel C...
The Omega's Savior JL द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

3.5M 143K 67
"I didn't ask to be this way!" "What's wrong with it?" Kegan laughed dryly, amazed by the stubbornness of the Alpha. "What's wrong with being weak...
276K 4.2K 5
Book 1 of the You Series. Leo Johnson has been a good boy since the day he was born. He always did what he was told and got the best grades in school...