WHEN I MET YOU - A JohnnyBoy...

By HunBun1205

(This is a story where Johnny isn't apart of the gang and he doesn't know anyone else in the gang either unti... More

Authors Note!
1. When I First Met Him - (Johnnys POV)
2 - Nightmares - Ponyboys POV
4 - Going Out - Ponyboy's POV
5 - Eating - Johnny's POV
6 - Scars and admitting secrets- Ponyboys POV
7 - You Need To See Your Brother - Johnnys POV
8 - Meeting the family - Ponyboys POV
9 - Perfect Distraction - Johnnys POV
10 - We're All Leaving - Ponyboys POV
11 - Birthday - Johnny's POV
12 - I love you - Ponyboys POV

3 - Getting to know him - Johnny's POV

3K 56 119
By HunBun1205

I set my blankets down on the floor next to the bed and look at Ponyboy.

He still looks scared and he stopped shaking a bit but I can clearly tell he's scared of sleeping again because of his nightmares.

"Do you need anything Ponyboy?" I ask.

"No thank you." He said looking away from me.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask in a low voice.

He looks at me again and his eyes fill with tears.

"I-I really want to but I'm-I'm scared that you'll beat me up or something like that." He said shaking.

"I would never do that, you can tell me anything. I just want to help. Maybe I can help." I said sitting on the bed.

"Can we talk tomorrow? Please?" He asks.

"Sure. Get some rest ok?" I say laying down on the floor.

He nods and lays down closing his eyes

I decide to wait until he falls asleep and then I fall asleep. I really want him to be able to trust me and talk to me so that I can help him.

He seems like he's in a really dark place. Just like me before Cherry helped me. When she talked to me, it really helped and changed my life for the better. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be where I am now.

If I could help Ponyboy it would mean the world to me.

____________________________________

When I woke up I look up at Ponyboy and see how he looks.

He is curled up and the blanket is covering him. He looks really peaceful.

I sigh and go get ready.

When I'm making breakfast I hear some footsteps coming into the kitchen.

"Good morning Ponyboy!" I say smiling at him.

He rubs his eyes and yawns making his way to the kitchen table.

"Good morning Johnny." He says.

"How did you sleep Ponyboy?" I ask serving our food in plates.

"Better than other days besides the nightmares." He says.

I place the plates down and sit down.

"About those nightmares...do you wanna talk about them?" I ask calmly trying not to make him upset.

He looks away and it looks like he's thinking about it.

"Not now...sorry it's just too much to handle." He says looking back at me.

"It's fine, whenever you're ready." I say.

We eat in calm silence but Ponyboy still doesn't eat much.

"Still not hungry?" I say picking up our plates.

"No, sorry."

"Just make sure you eat something ok? I have to go to work soon and I'm not gonna be here until 7:00."

"I-I can leave if you want-"

"No, of course not! But if you want to go and you have a safe place to go, you can leave." I say.

"I-I don't. I just don't want to be a bother or anything. I'm sorry." He says looking down.

"Please don't be sorry for anything. You can stay here for as long as you want. I don't mind, like I said before I want to help you and make yourself at home. I have to go now." I say grabbing my keys getting ready to leave.

"Thank you again Johnny." Ponyboy says as a small tint of red appear on his cheeks.

I give him a small smile.

"Do you wanna talk when I come back?"

He nods and smiles back.

I try to walk out quickly before he can see me blush.

His smile is so adorable!
____________________________________

It was a Saturday so I was really happy because Cherry worked here on the weekends from 6-5 while I worked here from 6-7. On Sundays we both had days off since the cafe was closed on Sundays.

I was so anxious for her to come because I wanted to tell her everything about Ponyboy and ask her how her date went.

I always came first since I always opened the cafe.

After a few minutes after I'm there she come in.

"Hey Johnny! Good morning!" She says smiling at me.

"Good morning Cherry! So how was your date?"

She blushed and smiled.

"He was so nice!"

She went on and on about him and their date last night.

"We even agreed to go on a second date."

I gasp. "You're kidding?!"

She shakes her head.

"Nope! We're going next week on Friday, anyway are we still on for movie night today?"

Every Saturday we always had movie nights.

"Yeah sure! But there's something you need to know..."

She looks at me with a confused but interested look.

I told her everything about Ponyboy.

When I was done she looked stunned.

"I'm surprised you weren't scared he was gonna kill you in your sleep." She says smiling.

"Well you weren't scared of me when you met me."

"Yeah well that was different, I know they say not to judge books by their covers but you looked so sad and scared and innocent. Like you wouldn't even hurt a fly, so I trusted you."

"Well he did too...he looked so broke and lost, I just needed to trust him with his sad eyes."

She smiles a raises her eyebrows.

"Ohhhh, do you like him?"

"What?! No, I just met him, plus even if I did, it's the 60's he'll probably kill me or something."

"I mean you never know, I never knew you were gay."

Since the cafe was empty we weren't scared of anyone finding out.

"If you want we can cancel movie day and you can stay home with him." She suggests.

A part of me really wanted to be with him alone. He was really cute and almost my age. But at the same time there was no possible chance he thought the same.

"No, it's fine." I say.

"Come on! As much as I enjoy movie nights, I also want you to get a boyfriend. Think about it and let me know at the end of my shift, if you say no, Marcia has a date tonight so I could help her get ready." Cherry says enthusiastically.

"I'll think about it." I say as a costumer comes in.
____________________________________

At the end of Cherry's shift she asks me.

"So what do you think?"

"I guess we can have movie night next week." I say blushing.

She squeals.

"Tell me everything!"

She leaves and I do the rest of the day alone.
____________________________________

When I'm done, I decide to grab a cookie for Ponyboy. He might be hungry.

I close up the cafe and run into my car and drive away.

When I arrive I open the door.

"Hey Johnny!" Ponyboy says.

"Hey Ponyboy!" I say.

"How was your day?" He asks his beautiful eyes looking at me.

"It was good, what about yours?" I ask.

"Good I guess, but I just wanted to say thank you so much for letting me stay here. I really appreciate it." He said, blushing.

My cheeks also redden and I nod and smile.

"You're welcome, it's really my pleasure." I say.

"Oh by the way, I got you a cookie Ponyboy." I say giving him the cookie.

He stares at the cookie for a while and he smile a really bright smile that I've never seen.

"Thank you so much Johnny! I'm not hungry right now but I'll eat it later." He says.

I turn around and my cheeks redden once again.

I get started on dinner and when I'm done we eat in silence again.

He still isn't eating a lot but even if I really want to ask I don't because if he's not eating because of his problems then I don't want to remind him.

I clean up our plates and Pony sits down on the couch.

He still looks so lost and sad.

"If you want to go see your family or something, I can take you." I tell him.

"No, I don't want to see my family or friends right now." He says looking down.

I sigh and nod.

"Ponyboy I'm gonna be in the shower, you can do whatever you want, ok?"

He nods and looks away from me and into the wall.

I go get into the shower thinking of how to make him feel better and how to help him out.

I sigh and carry on with my shower.
____________________________________

When I come out, I don't see Ponyboy anywhere.

I look everywhere and he's not there.

Panic strikes me and I don't know what to do.

Until I look out at the balcony and Ponyboy's looking down at all the cars that are driving by.

I sigh in relief and open the sliding door and get out with Ponyboy.

"Hey Ponyboy, I thought you left and went home." I laugh.

He smiles at me and says, "You're so lucky to have this apartment, you have a great view at all the cars and people passing by, and you have a great view of the sunset!"

"You like sunsets?"

"Yeah! Whenever I watch them they calm me down." He explains.

I nod and look at the cars and people.

"Johnny, you're 17 right?"

I nod.

"How come at only 17 you have this apartment?"

"Well that's a long story, but I'll tell you everything, you need to get to know me, I'll be scared of a stranger offering their home to me and all that."

I explained everything about what happen since Cherry found me, only I leave out the part where I tell her I'm gay.

When I'm done, he looks shocked and surprised.

"You were abused at home?! So you ran away too?" He asks.

I nod. "Pretty much."

He looks so surprised and I blush at how cute his beautiful green eyes are and how his hair is long enough for me to tangle my fingers in.

"What?" Pony asks me looking confused.

Shoot! He caught me looking at him.

"I was just thinking, you said you were gonna tell me about what happened and your nightmares."

He looks down and I regret asking him but I tried to change the subject of me starring at him.

"Can we talk about something else first? To get to know each other?"

I nod and we do get to talk together.

We talk about everything under the sun and we laugh and everything.

We find out we have the same favorite book, "Gone With the Wind."

After we're done I tell him how Cherry means a lot to me and how if she didn't help me I wouldn't be here.

For a quick second his smile disappears but he quickly smiles back.

"Is Cherry your girlfriend?" He asks.

"Oh no! She's just my friend! I swear she's like my sister, I don't like gi- I don't like her!" I say quickly.

Almost outed myself there for a second.

When we keep talking I realize it's 12:00 and we've been talking since 8. We've been talking for 4 hours.

"Pony, it's 12 already, we've been talking for 4 hours."

"What?! Really? Oh wow. It felt like only a few minutes." He said smiling.

"Yeah, well, do you want to talk about what happened?"

He slowly nods and I am so happy he's finally able to trust me.

"Well my brother, Darry, kicked me out while beating me up and well, all my friends pulled me apart from him, both when they found out my secret, Darry grabbed me pushed me down the stairs outside of our house, I ran and ran even if my brother and friends were calling after me, I didn't know where to go, or what to do. Me and Darry we're finally getting along and my secret ruins it...then I run to a park in a Soc territory and the Socs cut me but I run again, until I find the alleyway and let it all out and you find me."

I was shocked and stunned.

"What's your secret?"

"Trust me, you don't want to know." He says.

This point he's crying and shaking.

I kinda forget how to be straight and I hug him.

Surprisingly he hugs back.

I gently pull his face up so he faces me and wipe his tears and smile at him.

"It's gonna be ok. I was just like you, until Cherry and well, I'm gonna be honest. Talking it all out made me feel better and I told her my secret that I didn't want anyone to know."

"What's your secret?"

"I don't think you'll like my secret, you'll probably leave and everything."

He looks confused but nods.

"Anyway, are you feeling ok?" I ask.

Ponyboy nods and gets up from the chair in the balcony.

"I'm going to the bathroom and getting ready for bed." He says.

After he's done I go in and after I'm done I see Pony on the couch and he's crying and shaking again.

"Ponyboy? Are you ok?"

He shakes his head.

I go after him and hug him and say comforting things to him.

He finally calms down and I wipe away his tears.

I take him to my room and tell him to go to sleep.

"Johnny, I don't want to bother you, but can you please sleep on the floor again?"

I smile and nod and get the blankets and pillows ready on the floor.

I look at Ponyboy one last time and smile.

He's so amazing, getting to know him I just for him a little more.

I slowly drift to sleep thinking of him.
____________________________________
Hey everyone! I hope you liked this and I wanted to ask, do you guys think I should include other ships beside JohnnyBoy? Or should I just stick to JohnnyBoy?

Also do you think it's to soon for them to be flirting? Let me know.

LOVE YOU!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 955 16
After being hurt your whole entire life, how could you even risk opening your heart to someone who is just as broken as you are? Could you ever lear...
2.5K 33 11
a story about 2 boys (Ponyboy Curtis & Johnny Cade from "The Outsiders") running away from their hometown. they slowly fall in love together as they...
16.7K 570 43
Johnny didn't know anyone. Him and his parents had only moved in a week ago, and they had already gotten back into their horrific habits they claimed...
822 29 11
*~°♡°~* ❝ show me the most damaged parts of you soul ,, and i will show you how it still shines like gold . . . ❞ this follows the story of sixteen...