Zaroorat

Door Meera1903

The story starts after Aditya returns from Paris. What would have happened if Aditya and Zoya had had time to... Meer

Announcement
What are we? (1)
What are we? (2)
What are we? (3)
What are we? (4)
Announcement 2
Chapter 5
Announcement 3
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 & A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 6

1.3K 83 55
Door Meera1903

Recap:

There were a few moments of silence before Zoya started to speak again.

'Aditya, if I ask you for something will you do it?'

Aditya's eyes widened. He was scared about what she would say next but he knew, anything Zoya asked for, he could never deny. He nodded in assent and Zoya trembled before she started speaking again...'

Chapter 6

Zoya continued to play with her pallu while she looked at Aditya nervously.

'Aditya, we need you at Zosh. Can you come back please?'

Of everything Aditya had guessed Zoya would say, this was not it. He thought she wanted space. He thought she didn't want to see him again after what had happened but here she was asking him to come back. The shock was clearly visible on his face so Zoya rushed to explain herself.

'It's just that Kunal Babbal asked for you today. Their wedding is coming up in a few weeks and there is still a lot to do which means they will be in the office quite often. I don't want to mess up this event and I think he really likes having you around.'

Aditya frowned. So she wasn't calling him back because she needed him, it's because the client had asked about him. He shouldn't be surprised but his heart broke.

'Um Zoya are you sure you won't be uncomfortable with me there? Can't you just tell him I'm out of town or something? Or that I've quit. I'm sure you can find someone else to work with him. I'm not special. I don't even know what I'm doing. Anyone else can do a better job than me.'

'That's not true' Zoya retorted, 'I know you don't have experience. I didn't either. But all the clients like you, especially Kunal. You're a people person and you make them comfortable when they come in. They're usually all very nervous and you help to dissipate that. You also have a lot of creative ideas, and your brain works differently than mine which means you notice things I don't, so you're an asset to the company Aditya. Zosh needs you.'

She finished her speech hoping it would be enough to convince him but he didn't want to budge.

'Zoya, I'm going to be honest with you. I didn't join Zosh for myself. I joined because you asked me to. I'm not interested in event management. I'm a pilot. An unemployed one, granted, but still that is my passion. I only did it because you asked me to. And now...after everything...' he hesitated, unsure about how to talk about everything going on between them, but he realised he would just have to suck it up and go for it so he continued,

'After everything that happened between us, do you really think I should be coming back to the office after only 2 days? Think about yourself Zoya. Put yourself ahead of Zosh. Are you ready to have me around you everyday? Have you figured out what you want or how you feel?'

Zoya was hoping she wouldn't have to have this conversation right now but it didn't seem like she had a choice.

'Aditya, you are my best friend. I want you to be in my life. Isn't that enough?'

'Not for me Zoya' he responded determinedly.

'I love you. But I'm not sure how you feel because I don't think you know how you feel. Actually, I think you're lying to yourself because you're too scared of the truth.'

Zoya flinched. He was getting agitated and while her heart knew he was right, her head refused to listen and it was her head she was acknowledging right now.

'Aditya please, you told me you would give me space and time. You're supposed to be my friend first. Are all those promises you made to me false? That you'd stand by me? I need my friend Aditya please, please understand.'

She became emotional once again but was adamant she didn't love him.

Aditya was silent for a few seconds. He recalled the promises he made to her and decided on a different approach.

'Zoya, you say the clients need me. I don't think that's true. People are replaceable. I literally just started at Zosh a few weeks ago. You can easily replace me with someone more experienced so why are you pushing it Zoya?'

Zoya lost her temper and screamed at Aditya,
'Because I need you ok! I need you at the office by my side! I need you to help me through all this please! I know I can do it all by myself, but I don't want to! I want you there with me please! Are you really going to make me beg Aditya?! Will that make you feel better? Ok so here goes'

She started to bring her hands together ready to join them in plea. Aditya was shattered. He didn't realise he had pushed her so far and so before she could join her hands he caught them.

'Kya kar rahi ho Zoya. Pagal ho gai ho kya?! Aisa kaun karta hai?!'

'To hum kya kare,' she screamed in frustration, 'aap humari baat sun hi nahin rahen.'

He leant over the driver's seat towards her and hugged her.

'I'm sorry Zoya, I'm sorry. Please don't do this. I'll be at Zosh tomorrow morning at 9am ok please just never do this again.'

She hugged him back as more tears spilled from her eyes. Even though things were not like before, at least she was taking steps to get her friend back.

He pulled away from her and said'

'Ok please, now go upstairs and go to sleep. It's getting late. Just because I'm coming in tomorrow doesn't mean you get to slack off and call in sick ok!' He joked with her, trying to raise her spirits and it worked. A smile spread across her face, she wiped her tears and stepped out out the car.

'See you tomorrow!' She shouted as she crossed to the road to her building.

'Pagal.' Adi exclaimed as he drove away.

When he reached home he just walked into the living room and plopped down on the sofa.

He couldn't believe what was happening in his life. He was so confused because while he wanted to make Zoya realise her feelings, he just didn't know how to.

He had confessed to her and given her space but it didn't seem like she wanted it. He couldn't force her to accept his love so what else was there left to do. Time and space might be great for a continuum but they couldn't guarantee Zoya would fall in love with him.

Then two ideas came into his mind. The first was that he could try and make her jealous. Spend time with another woman in front of her and see how she reacted!

After a few seconds of deliberation he realised he couldn't do it. He didn't want to play any games with her. He was done with games. He had already told her he loved her and he didn't want to pretend to backtrack so he immediately gave up that idea.

The second idea was to get Noor to talk to Zoya and maybe try and explain things to her.

'No,' he thought. He wanted Zoya to come to a conclusion by herself. He didn't want her to feel brainwashed or pressured by anyone.

'Aaarghhh' he screamed out loud and kicked the coffee table in frustration. He hid his head in his hands for a few seconds and then decided he would just see what happened in the office the next day so he got up and started walking to to his room but before he made it to the corridor, he noticed something shiny, glistening stuck to the corner of the dining table. He walked up to it and pulled.

A dupatta fell into his hand and he was confused for a second. Where did this come from? Ma doesn't have a dress like this?

He quickly realised it was Zoya's. How could she not have noticed that she was walking around without a dupatta? If it wasn't clear to him before, it was made clear now. Zoya had been so frazzled and stressed about losing him that she seemed to have forgotten about everything else including part of her outfit. He took the dupatta into his room and folded it up, tucking it into the back of his cupboard where no one could find it and solemnly made his way to his bed, falling asleep in minutes .

***

The next morning Aditya was back at Zosh at 9am, just like he promised. A few minutes later he saw Zoya walk in, their eyes met and they smiled at each other. Zoya then walked into her  cabin, sat down and took a deep breath. It was the first time she was feeling like herself since their night at the cinema. All she wanted was so have her friend back.

They both spent the day working hard on various client projects and trying not to think about the general awkwardness they were feeling. They had lunch with their colleagues and sat on opposite ends of the same table stealing glances at each other the whole time.

Saira and Kunal both turned up at the office that evening and Kunal was relieved to finally see Adi.

'My brother! You're back!' He said excitedly.

'Hey brother!' Adi responded, 'how's it all going over the last few days. Is Saira still freaking out all day, everyday?' He asked winking at Kunal.

'Yes Adi, she still freaks out over the smallest of details, but luckily every time she speaks to Zoya she feels relaxed and so we're here almost every single day.'

They both looked over at Saira and Zoya who were standing in the corner of the room chatting away about the table cloths to be used at the reception, totally oblivious to the men staring at them.

'My Zoya is an angel' Adi thought, 'everyone feels happier just by being around her. Even if she doesn't love me, I am the luckiest man in the world to have her in my life.'

Zoya and Saira both saw them staring and walked over to them. Saira wrapped her arm around Kunal and spoke,

'Thank you Zoya and Aditya, you've made this entire process so much easier and more fun for the us!'She leant over and touched Zoya's arm.

'Zoya I don't know what I would do without you. And Aditya, I don't know what Kunal would do without you.' They all laughed at Saira's comment and Saira looked over at Aditya,

'Adi I was just speaking to Zoya and she said you were not sure about coming to the wedding in Delhi! I know you've helped us out a lot here but how will we do everything without you there! You have to come!'

Kunal looked at Aditya alarmed, 'Adi! How will I get married without you brother! You have to be there? Why can't you come?'

Aditya looked over at Zoya awkwardly. They hadn't discussed whether he would go to Delhi or not. He hadn't had any time to think about it and hearing that Zoya had told Saira he wasn't coming made him think that Zoya didn't want him there so he prepared to refuse,

'Um sorry guys, there's a lot of other work out here and with Zoya going to your wedding, someone needs to be here to handle things.'

Saira and Kunal both begun to protest and Adi looked over to Zoya for help. She realised she should have spoken to him but they hadn't had time. When Saira has asked about Adi, Zoya just said he wouldn't come because it took her so much effort to convince him to come back to work that she thought it would be impossible to get him to come to Delhi.

Zoya tried to get control over the situation, 'you guys, why don't Aditya and I speak about it and let you know ok? We'll try to sort things out in the office.'

Saira and Kunal agreed begrudgingly and the left the office to go home.

Adi and Zoya looked at each other, completely misunderstanding the other's hesitations and started to speak at once,

'Aditya...'

'Zoya...'

Adi beckoned Zoya to go first so she did.

'Aditya I know you didn't want to come back to Zosh and I forced you. I'm really grateful you did. But we need your help with this wedding. Would it be possible for you to come to Delhi with us?' Adi was taken aback. This wasn't what he was expecting Zoya to say.

'Zoya are you sure? We would be around each other all day every day for like a week. Do you really want that?'

'Yes Adi, I didn't speak to you earlier because I thought you wouldn't want to come. I forced you to come back to work and you listened so I don't want to force you to come Delhi. I can only request and hope that you will agree.'

'Zoya, I thought you wouldn't want me there so I didn't agree immediately. I'll come if you want me to.'

'I do.' She said.

'Ok then, he responded, 'I'll come to Delhi.'

They both smiled at each other and she stepped forward and touched his arm,

'Thank you Aditya. I'm so happy to have you back.'

They walked out of the conference room and made their way into the main office. It was 7.30pm and time to go home. They both left the office at the same time but went their separate ways, grateful that some level of normalcy had been restored to their relationship.

As Zoya arrived home she was greeted by Noor, her Ammi and Abbu.

Nour opened the door for her and they exchanged excited hugs and promises to talk about the wedding in Mussorie. Zoya then quickly rushed past her sister and ran to her Ammi and Abbu who were sitting in the living room.

'Ammi, Abbu, humne apko bohat miss kiya!

Zoya's Abbu responded, 'humne bhi apni shehzadi to bohat miss kiya. Kaisi hai app! Sab kuch theek hai na yahan?'

So much had happened in the time that her parents were away but there was no way she could ever tell them so she responded,

'Haan Abbu yahan sab theek hai. Hume bataiye shaadi kaisi thi?'

'Sab bohat ache se hua beta. Bohat achi shaadi thi. Mussorie main bhi bohat maza aya.'

Zoya's father then sat up a little bit straighter and continued,

'Hum apke liye Mussorie se aik surprise laye hain. Hume yakeen hai apko bohat pasand aayega...'

Hey guys!

I really hope you're enjoying this story! I'm so grateful for all the likes and comments. Please do continue giving your opinions and comments. It acts as major encouragement when I'm writing the next parts!

Thanks again

Meera

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

26.4K 1.8K 22
Zoya had love in her life and life in everything she did. She had known only smiles and innocence. But her life takes a complete turn at a point whic...
29.9K 2.3K 39
An orphan, Zoya, who lost her parents at a very young age, has always craved for love. When God snatched the people who used to love her, she chooses...
80.4K 6.4K 54
This is a Fan-Fiction of AdiYa of Bepannaah. Aditya Hooda, an aspiring Chartered Accountant. He owns a CA firm and living alone in Bangalore. Zoya Si...
19.4K 854 7
This will be a series of one-shots and maybe short stories featuring Harshad Chopda and Jennifer Winget. This will mostly focus on Jenshad one shots...