The Polaroid's on the Wall

By Rro110

*Complete* Cyrus is a normal 15 year old boy. He excels in school to the delight of his 4 overprotective pare... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Some place special
Chapter 4: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Chapter 5: You're my Best Friend
Chapter 6: I wanna hold your hand
Chapter 7: Absence
Chapter 8: Best Friend's Brother
Chapter 9: The Savory Type
Chapter 10: Emotional Graze
Chapter 11: Forced
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Killing Genevieve
Chapter 14: New friends
Chapter 15: Apologies
Chapter 16: He's got a boy crush
Chapter 17: Peace and Conflict making
Chapter 18: Destruction
Chapter 19: I'm Done
Chapter 20: Midnight
Chapter 21: Picture of Perfection
Chapter 22: Gay nerds
Chapter 23: No escape from reality
Chapter 24: Guess who's back
Chapter 25: Shoulder to cry on
Chapter 26: Let's fall in love for the night
Chapter 27: Clementine Marrios
Chapter 28: What they're like
Chapter 29: They got C-C-Chemistry
Chapter 30: The Start of Something New
Chapter 31: 16
Chapter 32: Murder
Chapter 33: Objection
Chapter 34: See you then
Chapter 35: Photofinish 1
Chapter 36: Photofinish 2

Chapter 3: Here comes the Sun

1K 40 119
By Rro110

Cyrus POV:

I hadn't met up with TJ since Monday when we were paired up to do the project. I'd seen him around school...if I can really say it was him. Something wasn't right...at school he really was a jerk, gelled hair, mean scowl. Everyone feared him...including me. It's only when I remember how he acted around me on Monday that I stop being scared. It's like two completely different people. Am I the only one who knows about his other side?

Today was Saturday and I was nervous, nervous was an understatement. I was panicking whilst pacing in my room. What if that day was just a one off? What if he just did that so he could invite me over and start using me for something? What if I turned up and he looks like he does at school? I prayed none of those things were going to happen and set off towards his house. I scrolled down on Instapic as I walked, trying to distract my mind.

Liked by 1,208 and 5 others you know

@crafting_mack: Bought two snacks 💗
tagged- @am.bs_k

View 2 comments

@angelic_jbeck: Both Of you, wow :)
@am.bs_k: 💕

Liked by 306 and 2 others you know

@angelic_jbeck: We cute ❤️
tagged- @crafting_mack

View 2 comments

@crafting_mack: You cute ❤️
@bd.slayer: You both are disgustingly cute 🤮, where my photo creds at?!

Liked by 269 and 3 other you know

@bd.slayer: Me and JB having a blast
tagged- @angelic_jbeck

View 3 comments

@crafting_mack: Some of my faves ❤️
@angelic_jbeck: I think plaid is really my colour!
@bd.slayer: Jonah, please use your words

****

I laughed, Jonah really can be dumb sometimes...most of the time. I can't believe I ever liked him. Yeh, I used to like Jonah. But he's with Andi and I learned to move on and I'm fine now. It used to be painful to see him and Andi together but now i think they're really cute, but Buffy is right, it makes me want to barf. I realised I had walked myself to the front door of the Kippen residence and swallowed. This will either be perfectly fine or my demise. I put my phone into my pocket and knocked on the door. Please don't be mean please don't be mean please don't be mean please don't be-

'Hey!' TJ smiled as he answered the door. To my relief, his hair wasn't gelled and he still had the same soft look on his face, 'come in!'

I hesitantly came into his house and he shut the door behind me. To my surprise, Amber was sat on the couch on her phone. She turned around and smiled, 'Hey Cyrus! I didn't know you two knew each other!'

I laughed, 'I didn't know you two were siblings until I saw Instapic!'

TJ glared at his sister, 'Well, we're going now,'
he nodded his head at me and we rushed up the stairs, going into his room.

I put my bag on the floor, observing the place again, even though I had already seen it. I saw the record player I had seen on his Instapic and walked over to it. TJ didn't seem to notice and just sat down on his bed as I walked around.

Without thinking, I said, whilst staring at the record player, 'I thought the photo was really beautiful,'

He looked confused at first before he realised, 'Oh...you uhhh...you saw that?'

I nodded, sitting opposite him on his bed.

'I was thinking of taking that down,' TJ admitted, pulling out his phone.

'What!' I exclaimed, 'Why?!'

He shrugged, 'It's lame, it's just a stupid record player,'

I shook my head, 'It was an amazing picture! I really liked it.'

TJ didn't say anything but he did put his phone down.

'Is this because of Reed?' I asked, thinking about the comment on his post.

'No,' he responded but I wasn't convinced.

There was a silence as I tried to think of ways to change the subject, 'What's your favourite record anyway?'

TJ smirked, 'How can I have a favourite?!' He gestured towards His filled shelves, 'I have too many to pick,'

'Play me some!' I Insisted, crossing my legs.

He looked confused, 'You...don't think It's weird?'

I shook my head, 'I think it's cool,'

He smiled and got off his bed, his finger flicking the corners of a few albums as he chose. He eventually pulled out a square, taking out the record and putting it into the player. He set it all up and soon enough, music began to fill the room.

Play the song

Sitting down in front of me, he danced a little bit to the beat of the music as I just smiled at him. This song was actually quite good, I think it's well known because I've definitely heard it before. Occasionally TJ would mouth the words to the lyrics and do some drum or clap miming.

'You like it?' He asked.

I nodded, 'Who's it by?'

'The Beatles,'

'I thought I'd heard it before!' I realised.

TJ took the Polaroid camera from his bedside table and got up to get the record cover off the shelve. He sat back down and put it in front of him. He took the photo and started shaking it so it would develop.

'Do your friends like this type of stuff too?'

His face fell before he smirked, 'The only things Reed likes is watermelon, drugs and sex,'

My eyes widened, 'But we're 15,'

TJ laughed, 'Technically me, Reed and Less are almost sixteen besides, do you think that's going to stop him?'

I was slightly taken aback as TJ just laughed harder which caused me to join in. The photo had developed and he showed it to me. My crossed legs were visible at the top and his crossed legs were visible at the bottom with the album cover in the middle of us. TJ grabbed a black pen from the side and wrote.

Here comes the sun
11th May 2019

I grinned, 'I actually really like our project idea,'

TJ lowered his eyebrows, 'Yeh?'

'Yeh,' I nodded, 'This is fun,'

He beamed, 'Glad you're enjoying yourself,' he put the pen back and took the Polaroid over to his desk. Pulling out a draw, he put it in a grey woven box that had the other two in it so they wouldn't get lost. He came back over again and pulled out his phone, rolling his eyes at something.

'What is it?'

He shook his head, putting his phone onto the bed whilst it rapidly started buzzing as he dug his hands in his hair. His phone was flashing with notifications.

'Who's...Kira?'

He slid his hands down his face in an annoyed fashion, 'Kira, is a girl, who is obsessed with me,'

'I see,' I wriggled my eyebrows, 'Do you like her?'

He grimaced, 'Oh please, absolutely not,'

I laughed, 'She's still texting you,'

The phone was buzzing every few moments with a text from some Kira girl as TJ looked at it in frustration.

'Go. Away,' TJ said, pointing at the phone.

Magically, the phone stopped buzzing and me and TJ made eye contact in amazement as the silence filled the room without buzzing. After a few seconds the phone started buzzing again and TJ growled as he turned off his phone whilst I rolled around cackling.

'It's not funny!' He exclaimed, 'It's seriously annoying!'

I couldn't stop laughing, 'I think you should ask her out,'

He rolled his eyes and shook his head, 'Having her as a friend is already starting to get unbearable, I can't imagine how having her as my girlfriend would be,' he thought for a second, 'Actually yes I can and no,'

There was a pause before I asked, 'When do I get to take a Polaroid of you for our project? There's two of me,'

TJ sighed, running a hand through his hair, 'You can take one when you want,' He got up to change the record and I picked up the camera, sneakily taking a shot of him choosing an album. I shook it so it would develop as TJ glared playfully at me, 'Oh come on!'

I giggled, 'Caught you off guard didn't I?'

He shook his head as he put on a different record and came back over. Taking the Polaroid picture and getting the black pen, writing.

Caught off guard
11th May 2019

He put it with the others, 'So I was thinking pizza for dinner?'

'Yes!'

'Wanna watch a movie?'

'Depends'

He raised an eyebrow, 'On what?'

I held out my hands, counting on my fingers, 'No marvel, no sappy love movies, no cringe ones, no Christmas movies, no Adam Sandler movies and especially no horror,'

TJ was trying not laugh and was failing miserably, 'So basically you don't want to watch a movie,'

'Disney only,' I grinned.

TJ left the room and went down the stairs whilst I followed, 'If you want to be technical, Marvel is owned by Disney,'

I rolled my eyes, 'Shut up,'

He laughed as he ran into the living room and launched himself at Amber, landing on top of her as she shrieked. 'TJ GET OFF!'

'NOPE!' He yelled back whilst me and him were in fits of laughter.

'Right, I'm SO posting that ugly picture of you later,' She threatened, pushing him off and running up to her room.

TJ scrambled onto his feet and shouted up the stairs, 'DO THAT AND YOU'RE SO DEAD!' He turned to me and shrugged, 'Siblings am I Right?'

I laughed, sitting down on the sofa as he sat beside me at a friendly distance. He grabbed the controller and started going through Netflix. He stopped and grinned, 'please can we watch Shrek?'

I giggled, 'Shrek? Really?'

He nodded, 'Please!? It's my favourite!'

I shrugged, 'I haven't seen it so yeh,'

He looked as if he'd seen a ghost, 'You...you haven't seen Shrek?'

I shook my head, 'Nope,'

I could've sworn he was about to cry he looked so astonished. Whipping his head back to the tv he said, 'Right, Shrek marathon it is,'

****

We were around halfway through the second Shrek movie and I was thoroughly enjoying it, so much so I didn't even realise TJ had snuck upstairs to get the Polaroid camera and black pen. I only realised when there was a flash of white light in the extremely dark room which I also only noticed now. I rubbed my eyes, glaring at TJ as he grinned, shaking it. He wrote something on the bottom of it and passed it to me. It had fully developed and said.

You're an all star
11th May 2019

There was a drawing of a little star next to it and I laughed, getting the reference, 'You're funny '

He smiled, 'You think so?'

I rolled my eyes, focusing on the tv again, 'Don't flatter yourself,'

He chuckled as we watched all the Shreks late into the night. It got to 2 am before we went back upstairs to his room. TJ grinned, 'How was your experience with Shrek?' He held the imaginary microphone out to me as I took it.

'Well I thought that movies like that are very under appreciated and should be seen by their perfect animation and classic comical humour, since it was very entertaining!' I nodded, dropping the mic.

TJ pretended to look shocked, 'Cyrus! You broke my mic!'

'I'm sorry!' I laughed, collapsing onto his bed.

TJ put the Polaroid into the box and then sat in front of me, 'I'll live,'

I sat up to face him, it was dark in his room and I could barely make him out, 'It's dark,' I stated.

TJ got on his knees. Reaching across from me, he pulled the string on his bedside lamp, 'There,'

The warm glow of the lamp hit his face perfectly, making me notice the freckles that were dotted on top of his nose and the deep ness of his bluey green eyes, 'Thanks,'

He gave me an amused look and got off his bed, lying down on the floor, 'Are you going to sleep?'

I got off his bed and opened my bag, 'Yeh, I'll just get changed,' I went to grab my pyjamas and suddenly panicked. I rummaged through my bag before frantically tipping the contents into the floor. 'Shoot,'

TJ sat up, 'What?'

I face palmed, groaning, 'I forgot my pyjamas, I'm such an idiot,'

He got up and went over to his wardrobe, pulling open the doors. The next thing I knew, there was a hoodie and some sweatshorts on my lap. I looked up to see TJ standing over me, 'Here,'

I shook my head, 'I couldn't possibly...I'll just-'

'I'm not letting you sleep in jeans, it's painful, trust me,'

I gave in, 'Oh alright,'

TJ pointed out the door, 'The bathroom is the one next to Amber's,'

I nodded and went off to go find it.

Once inside, I took off my clothes, slipped the grey hoodie over my head and put on the black shorts. Everything was baggy on me since I was much smaller than him, I was being swallowed by the clothes and the sleeves were so long. I went back into his room and put my pile of clothes next to my bag and getting into TJ's bed. When TJ saw me he started laughing, 'Oh my, I didn't realise it would be so big on you,'

I mumbled something, getting under the duvet.

'Goodnight Cyrus,' he beamed.

'Goodnight idiot,' I grumbled.

Then it hit me.

I'm wearing TJ Kippen's hoodie.

I felt my face blush.

Oh no.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 1.6K 41
*Complete* TJ Kippen, Jefferson middle school's boys basketball captain. His intimidating approach causes instant fear in most, earning the upmost r...
37.2K 1.2K 18
Tj and Cyrus have been friends for a long time, but will that change after life comes crashing down and impulsive decisions catch up to them? Angst...
107K 3.8K 31
andi mack highschool & instagram au
92.8K 1.9K 25
Many trials are put upon many couples, but can Cyrus and Tj handle it? ⚠️ Strong language at times, homophobia, some sexual content ⚠️