Good for you

By khaleesiiiipo

Lila is just starting to live her new life after college but she feels the breeze from the past that is comin... More

Authors note
♥ Good for you - 1. Chapter - Short Intro ♥
2. - Alex's post on Instagram
3. Cigarettes After Sex
4. Felix is home
5. Harvey's truth
6. Drunk and sober at the same time
7. "See you at the old place?"
8. "To me, he's dead."
9. Smells like hospital
10. Stalking Ex
11. The Gig
12. Alex + Di
14. The long lost letter
15. Job interview
16. Hangover
17. F*cking bowling
18. Friends, maybe?
19. "I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you"
20. Ocean Drive
A/N - check it out!
21. "When she was mine"
22. Broken wall, broken phone, broken heart
23. How does it feel?
24. The first one
25. A Month Different
26. Answers, maybe?
27. Friday means party
28. Purple & Yellow ♡

13. Ford Capri MK 3

42 7 8
By khaleesiiiipo

Harvey at the moment:

"This is the last time we're ever meeting. Did you hear me? Don't send me messages, don't come to my gigs and don't talk to me. "

"If it's because of that nosy girl of yours from the party, then you are disgusting, Harvey. You know I'm more than an acquaintance to you. "

"Fuck Kiara! We were together one night and you can't leave me alone."

"One but unforgettable. You were so good. Mmm. "

I'm a real fool for meeting her at all. She's the reason I'm late for some Alex's girlfriend exhibit. I don't care about the pictures, but when I heard it was possible that Lila would come, I would have pretended to be Picasso for all I know. Just to be in her company.

"And no, it's not about Carrie. She's a very good friend and she's with Niel. Why am I even making excuses to you? Did you remember? Don't call me and don't show up in front of my eyes again."

I didn't mean to be rude, I don't like it, but this girl gave me no choice. I guess I finally shook her off my back.

I sat in my Ford Capri Mk 3, the black version. I love that car. As my dad would say; European Mustang cousin. That car is with us for generations and I'm not selling it anytime soon.

I barely found a parking lot, a street behind the building where the exhibit is held. As soon as I walked in, I was hit by a heavy heatwave. I didn't expect so many people. I broke into the part of the room where I recognized Niel's curly hair. They were standing in a circle talking to Alex and her girlfriend, I think.

"Harvey! At last! This is Diana the owner of these wonderful things you see around you!" – Alex pulled me so hard I thought I was going to fall.

I was turning and greeting everyone and then I saw Lila a little farther away from the group closely watching a picture. Fuck me, still the prettiest girl I've ever seen. And I'm not exaggerating, I mean it.

She always had that dose of elegance. She never dressed up like every other slut you could see on the street. That black tight dress she's got on her now, it highlights her hips so good. The hips I still dream of today. She didn't notice me right away, so I took the opportunity to observe a little further from afar. She straightend her hair today. I preferred her natural, but this also looks great on her. I came to the 'Lila' exhibit.

"Hey, I didn't see you come in."

"Yeah, I've been looking for parking spot for a long time."

"Oh. Enjoy the exhibit. I'll be going soon."

That was cold. I didn't expect hugs and kisses but I didn't think she'd be so cold to me either.

Lila at the moment:

I was staring at the beautiful Diana's painting and my mind took me to a different place. I'd say that my mood fell. I felt alone in a room full of people. Alex has Di, Carrie is happy with Niel, Harvey with Kiara... And I... I'm not saying I'm not happy for them, of course I am. It's just that everything with Felix and all the other situations makes me feel abandoned and miserable.

When I switched from my thoughts, I saw Harvey looking at me as he is coming closer.

We had a little chat, and I decided to tell Alex that I'm going home, that I'm not feeling well. Which is true. I just want to cry. I want to scream. I want peace.

"I think I'll go home. Tell Diana that I was delighted to be here and to see her amazing paintings. I'm not feeling well, so I think I have to lie down. "

With a sad face, Alex just hugged me and said she understood. I said goodbye to the whole group and headed for the exit.

Harvey at the moment:

"Man, run after her, this is your fucking chance!" – Alex and Carrie convinced me to go after Lila and offer her a ride home.

"Look, the summer rain started. Go, fool! "– I listened to Carrie's orders and went after her.

She just stopped at the exit.

"I'll take you home."- I didn't ask her, I told her.

"It's not necessary, it will soon stop."

"Lila, please, my car's around the corner. Wait for me here. "

I didn't let her answer with some ridiculous excuse. I drove the car right in front of the door and honked it.

"Aghh, why did I straighten my hair today. Soon I'll look like a sheep. "

"I prefer your natural hair anyway." – She looked at me and smiled. I turned on the radio just so something was playing in the background. I was nervous. I didn't know why. It's not like we are first time alone.

"I didn't get a chance to ask you how you're feeling."

"Please, not you too. My mom could barely let me go to Alex's this afternoon. She was ringing over my head when I told her that I want to go to the exhibit. She almost didn't let me. I'm fine. "- she said quite furiously.

"Okay, okay. I'd better keep my mouth shut. "

"I think so too."

"Are you mad at me? What did I do? "

"It's not your fault. I'm tired of everything. From everything, Harvey. I just need a break."

"Hey, hey, calm down, I'm sorry. If you want, we can go to Nando's and eat something. You must be hungry, and I'm sure you'll sleep easier after. "

She had a long second thought, took her phone, typed something and said yes.

We arrived at the restaurant soon. I took some wings and some new gravy, and Lila order salad. As always. I remember her saying how she don't know how to eat something that big in public.

"So, what's bothering you, Lila?"

"Nothing bothers me. Besides my brother not answering and how I haven't had any explanation yet. He led me to such madness that I ended up in the hospital. Otherwise, really nothing. "

"It doesn't sound like nothing."

"I was being sarcastic, Harvey."

"Sorry, I wanted to make you laugh."

"You're not very good at it."

"Then we'll talk about happier subjects." - I said and changed the subject – "We tore up the show yesterday. It was a smaller gig, but we were full."

"I'm so glad. The band accepted you, and so did the audience. "

"Yup. It's like I was born under a lucky star. "– Only thing missing is her. But I didn't want to say it out loud.

She started talking about Ruby. She explained how they have a new dog and how her dad almost called him Gasoline but they managed to stop him. She was opening up slowly. I didn't want to mess anything up.

"Are you feeling a little better?"

"Yes, thank you. I'm just so full from all that salad. "

"How can you be full? It's just salad." – I started teasing her. - "Anyways, it's only nine o'clock. Should I give you a ride home or do you want to go back to the girls?"

"I'll ask them and see where they are. You gave me a little will to live with this food. Do you want to go to the pub, maybe they're there? "

I agreed, of course.

By the time we got to the pub and the group wasn't there, we decided to sit down anyway. She ordered her favorite beer. It was justified after a hectic week she had. I ordered the tea and I think the waitress was trying to kill me with a look because it was behind nine.

"I'm surprised she agreed to make tea so late."

"If I'm going to pay, she better."

I loved hearing her laugh. Sometimes she'll do it quietly, sometimes don't. And her hair was all curly by now.

"A little sweet sheep." – I got so into it, and it kind of slipped out. – "Oops, I didn't mean to say that out loud."

"Thank you very much. I warned you I'd be like a sheep. "

"Well, it looks really good on you."

You could see it on her face that she's defending herself against me. She smiles for a moment and then she pulls in so fast. I didn't want to make her answer my stupid questions, so I let it all go. As long as she's with me, I'm happy. For more than two years, I've been without her silly questions, without her smile. I haven't felt her in two whole years. Like I was in jail. So every small conversation suits me.

We've been so far into the stories of all sorts of topics, we haven't even noticed that the Pub is closing in.

I drove her to the house, and as a habit, I almost leaned over to kiss her. Instead, she thanked for everything and got out.

"Sleep well!" – I said the most stupid thing because I had no idea what to say. My brain stopped.

"You too."- She smiled and closed the door.

Lila at the moment:

Why did I let myself spend almost all night with Harvey? My brain's fighting it, but my heart's not listening to it. If I could, I'd stay with him till morning. His car still smells the same, nothing's changed. I love that car, I've spent some of the best parts of my life in it.

I didn't want to tell him that Alex texted me a long time ago. I wanted it to be just him and me. Maybe that's the last time we're on our own. I don't want to be another girl. Not even a backup. He must be headed to Kiara's place now.

Everyone was asleep a long time ago, and after a successful reconstructing of my hair, I laid down in my bed and I decided to read a good mystery story that I started reading a few weeks ago. I start to read but it feels like I didn't read anything. I've been spinning the scenes of Harvey in my head and how well I felt in those few hours. I'm so sorry for all the bad things that happened between us. He deserves the best in his life.

I remembered I didn't check the mail for the whole day. I wasn't expecting any answers since its Saturday. Advertisements from pages I order, some offers, all worthless. And one e-mail from the television station. Television station with movies, tv shows and with music programs, how perfect is that! They need an assistant. I almost started screaming. They want me to come to the interview on Monday. I've been waiting for this since I graduated. I was so happy I could barely sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 148 20
Gabriella was SO ready for college. I mean a fresh start at her dream college with her best friend? Who wouldn't be ready for that. However college I...
1.2K 26 26
After being hurt by her ex, Melody has a hard time trusting someone else to be in a relationship. However, she finds herself being asked out by fiv...
899 76 42
"𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙣, 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙙 𝙝...
6.7K 485 23
A SHORT STORY A lost past but a new future... Will she be able to win her battles? Lost in dreams