The Popular Couple

By MIWAmanda

Lucas Terry and Ellen Caufield; the popular high school couple that everyone talked about. It was like peopl... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Coach's Assistant
Chapter 2 - Not a Party Guy
Chapter 3 - Teach Him a Lesson
Chapter 4 - Overthinking
Chapter 5 - Tutor
Chapter 6 - Temper Tantrum
Chapter 7 - Lunchtime Drama
Chapter 8 - Saturday
Chapter 9 - Threats
Chapter 10 - Secrets
Chapter 11 - Changes
Chapter 13 - Best Day Ever
Chapter 14 - Mixed Signals
Chapter 15 - Rough Days
Chapter 16 - Reality
Chapter 17 - Vibrations
Chapter 18 - Messy
Chapter 19 - Distractions
Chapter 20 - Crazy
Chapter 21 - Drunk
Chapter 22 - Mouth Runner
Chapter 23 - M I N E
Chapter 24 - Forgiven
Chapter 25 - Freakshow
Chapter 26 - New Opportunities

Chapter 12 - Revelations

9 2 0
By MIWAmanda

Chapter 12 - Revelations
I smiled, sitting next to Lucas on his bed. His grade in Chemistry was finally improving. He looked up at me as I closed my Chemistry book.

"What?" I asked, wondering why he was staring at me.

"Your dimples," he said, poking one of them with his finger. It made me smile even more, as I blushed. "I love dimples, Henry."

"Thanks Luke," I said, looking into his eyes. His hand was caressing my cheek now, his thumb rubbing over my dimple. He started moving his head, and I let him lean in and kiss me.

"Henry?"

I heard a voice, as I was pulled out of my dream. I opened my eyes to see Lucas hovering above me. I jumped, from the dream I was just having.

"You passed out after we put in 'Transformers'." Lucas stated.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I've just seen it too many times."

"That's alright," Lucas said with a smile. "You said my name in your sleep."

I started blushing, breaking our eye contact. "Sorry about that." I apologized again.

"What was your dream about?" He asked.

"Oh you know," I said, trying to play it off, "just another study session."

"Oh, alright." he said, leaving it alone.

I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach. I prayed to God I wasn't falling for Lucas.

* * *
Lucas's POV

I invited Nate over after leaving Henry's. He seemed like the only one of my friends who wasn't being a dick right now.

"Zander has been such an asshole lately." I said, as we sat on his deck.

Nate nodded. "It's not just other classmates, he's doing it to us too." he added. "We're supposed to be his best friends."

"He needs to stop interrogating me at lunch."

"What's wrong with you being friends with Henry?" Nate asked, "He's smart, and he's helping you with your grades."

"I don't know. I think Zander just ran out of people to harass."

"Can I ask you something?" Nate said. I nodded in response. "Is Henry actually gay?"

I shrugged. "C'mon Luke," Nate said, knowing I knew the answer.

"Okay, fine." I said. "Yes." I trusted Nate to not tell anyone.

"Does he like you?" he asked.

"Well.." I started. "When I was at his house earlier he fell asleep. He started dreaming and he said my name a couple times. He mumbled "thanks Luke" and then he puckered his lips. I woke him up after that to see if he'd tell me what happened. He said we were studying."

"Ooh Henry's got a crush on you!" Nate said excitedly.

I just laughed. "So what? I have a girlfriend."

Nate shrugged. "You never know, people get curious all the time. Some people think they like girls their whole life and then find out they like boys."

I laughed again. "I don't think that's me."

I'd been with Ellen all this time, I couldn't imagine myself with a guy at this point.

"I've been open to the idea before, but I've been with El for far too long." I said. "Did you try it?" I asked, jokingly.

Nate nodded. "Just don't tell Zander. He'll ruin my life."

"I don't want to tell Zander anything anymore." I muttered. "Who did you try it with?"

"Julian."

"Seriously? That dick who helped Zander beat Henry up?"

"Yep, he's completely gay. Hasn't thought about girls once in his life." Nate explained.

"He's sure made out with enough girls for not liking them." I mumbled.

"Well how could you come out when Zander is not only your friend but your teammate? I'm sure a lot of people are pretending to be straight because of him." Nate pointed out.

"We need to do something about him."

* * *

I sat at the lunch table mainly waiting for Ellen and Nate. I wasn't in the mood today, so no one else mattered. I saw Zander and Julian coming my way, so I just looked at my tray hoping Zander wouldn't fuck with me.

"What's up with you, Luke?" Zander asked, when he noticed how quiet I was being.

I shrugged. "Nothing."

"Hope you're not still butthurt about that faggot," Zander said, nodding his head in Henry's direction.

"Considering Julian is a "faggot" I suggest you stop using that term." I said, standing up. I dumped my tray in the garbage, and slammed it down, giving it to the dish washers.

I briskly walked out of the lunch room, on a day where I can't get my hair to look right, my car wouldn't start, and I failed a math test Zander has to fuck with me.

I ran my fingers through my already shit looking hair as I headed toward my locker. I'd explain to El and Nate where I went later, unless Zander tells them.

"Lucas!"

I turned around to see Henry, I slowed down so he could catch up to me. "What's wrong?" he asked. "I saw you storm out of the cafeteria."

"Just a bad day," I muttered, "and asshole Zander."

"Why are you friends with him if he's an asshole?" Henry asked.

I shrugged. "We don't even act like friends anymore."

"I'm sorry," Henry said, "you still have Nate and I as your friends."

"Thanks." I said with a smile.

"You're welcome," he said, "and you know if you ever wanted to get away from Zander you could sit with me."

"I don't know if that's a good idea, Leo wouldn't like that."

"Oh yeah," Henry said in realization.

"Thanks for the offer though. I'll be fine."

* * *
»Henry's POV«

"Sorry about leaving by the way, Lucas just brings out the worst side of me." Leo said. We were sitting on his bed studying for the English quiz.

"I understand." I said, looking through the vocabulary.

"Why are you hanging out with him?" Leo asked.

"I know you're worried, but I'm not going to leave you like he did." I said. "I can tell he regrets it from the way he talks about you."

"He talks about me?" Leonard asked, surprised.

I nodded. "You're my best friend, and I offered him to sit with us at lunch and he said no because it would make you upset." I explained. "He's really changed."

"Holy shit," Leo said all of a sudden.

"What?"

"You like him don't you?"

"What?"

"I didn't stutter, Harry. You have a crush on Lucas, don't you?"

"I don't know," I said softly. I really didn't know. He was amazing, but he was straight. "I think so." I admitted.

"That's just great!" Leo muttered.

"Leo, I already told you I wouldn't replace you!"

"It's not just that," he said.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"This!" He said with frustration, pushing himself onto me and kissing me. I kissed him back, as I leaned back on the bed.

________________________

MIWAmanda

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854 0 107
This story is about a 16 year old boy named Leo Gomez and how he meets his future husband Kai Morris. This is also about another mini love story how...
1.1M 55K 49
When Jordan Cameron was ten years old, his mother stopped speaking and was never the same again, going from one institution to another and ultimately...
23K 583 13
Daniel Parkers is the popular kid. Adam Ericson is the nerd. Jake Lucas is the new guy working in the infirmary. And they are all totally straight. C...
278K 7.9K 26
This original novel is from 2014! I have begun to rewrite it so please go check out the new rewrite posted now! 2 rewritten chapters will come out ev...