Fearless

By Sinful-stories

Kiara has never felt fear in her life. Some people claim that she's faking it, but they would be wrong, of co... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 8

4.2K 184 22
By Sinful-stories

Over the next few days, Kiara just kept getting angrier and angrier at the way Izumo was treating Sheimi. Asking her to get papers for her, carrying Izumo's stuff for class from the shop, and doing stupid errands such as picking up melon bread and fruit milk for Izumo, watching her treatment of Sheimi made Kiara's blood boil.

Though soon it was Monday, the day their boot camp was just about to start. Currently Kiara was slipping her uniform sweater over her head, she had just finished packing a few minutes ago and was preparing to head to the academy building where she had agreed to meet the others there to walk over together. Grabbing the key to the academy, she looked around her room to see if she was forgetting anything. Pausing when she spotted a little cylinder on her desk.

It was an expandable staff, Mephisto had given it to her a few days ago saying that she needed another weapon other than a familiar, and it would be good practice for when she got a sword. Kiara walked over and slipped it into her skirt pocket. Who knows, she might need in sometime during the boot camp. After she grabbed it, she headed to the academy building, stepping out of a janitors closet and making her way out to the front gate, where she saw everyone waiting.

"You're late." Izumo said once Kiara walked up to them.

"Yeah, and?" Kiara asked, raising her an eyebrow, just seeing Izumo made her want to punch the purple haired girl in the face. The only reason she didn't is the fact that there was a chance of her having to talk to Mephisto and she really didn't want to do that, she talked to him too much as it is.

"Who cares if she was late. She's here now, isn't she?" Paku said, "We should just start walking to the bootcamp."

"Yeah. Whatever." Izumo said, "Sheimi, carry this for me? Thanks." She gave Sheimi her bag and Kiara had to walk over to the other side of the group to avoid hitting her.

"Alright. Everyone's here so let's head to the boot camp!" Shima exclaimed, clapping his hands together.

***

"Good Morning!" Yukio and Rin called from in front of the old boy's dorm. It looked as if they had been waiting for the group to arrive.

"This place is like a ghost hotel or something." Bon stated, looking up at the building.

"Oh my Gosh, this place is so creepy! Couldn't you find a better place than this?" Izumo asked.

"Well I think it's perfect. Maybe we'll encounter some demons in there. Perfect for an exorcist boot camp." Kiara said with a grin.

"I just hope there are no spiders." Shima muttered, clutching his bag tightly.

"Well if you all would come in, we can start the boot camp." Yukio said, walking to the door and opening it, motioning for everyone to walk inside.

After everyone set their stuff down in the rooms they were going to be staying in they followed Yukio to another room that had two tables that were pushed together. Looking around, Kiara realized that this was the similar to the room that Mephisto had made into a hangout room for her dorm.

"The first thing you're going to do is a test." Yukio said, ignoring all the groans going around the room. "If you all would sit down, I will pass out the tests."

***

It was about two and a half hours later when they were finally finished. They had taken three tests in that time and Kiara's brain was fried. To say she was relieved when the timer went off for the end of the third test sounded would be an understatement.

"All right, time's up. Turn your papers over and hand them in." Yukio said.

"Man, it's finally over!" Shima exclaimed as he threw his head back, "That took forever!"

Next to her, Rin stood up, "Hey... I'm gonna go get some air." He said before sluggishly walking out of the room.

"Yes. Go and cool off. And tomorrow, everyone be up by 6am. We'll have an hour before class to go over the answers to this test." Yukio informed, earning ore groans from the people still in the room.

"Beast, you're a beast!" Rin exclaimed, turning to look at Yukio before he walked out of the classroom. Yukio just looked up at his brother and smiled.

At the end of the table, Izumo stood up, "Paku, let's go take a bath." She said.

"Okay."

Sheimi jumped up as well, "Oh! Me too!" She exclaimed.

"I hope the bathtub is big." Paku said as she walked past Kiara and towards the door, just behind Izumo, Sheimi following after the two of them.

"I don't care, I just want to soak."

"You like taking baths Izumo-Chan?" Shima asked.

"It's pretty normal for girls..." Izumo said, stopping at the door.

"Girl's bath, huh? Sounds fun."

Kiara scoffed and hit Shima on the back go his head as the three of them walked into the hallway. "Don't be a pervert, Pinkie." She said.

Shima held the back of his head, "Oww." He muttered. "I didn't say anything!"

"You sure about that?"

Shima just pouted, holding the back of his head with his hands. "You're stronger than you look." He muttered.

"Anyways, I think I'm going to get some fresh air as well, it's starting to get all stuffy in here." Kiara said, standing up and stretching. In reality she just wanted to be alone, who knows, this might one of the only chances she has to be alone during this boot camp.

After some walking, she spotted Sheimi walking alone in the hallways, holding a fruit milk in her hands.

"That's not for Izumo, is it?" Kiara asked, quickening her pace so she walked beside the blonde.

"Huh! Oh, yes it is Kiara. How'd you know?"

"Because she's been asking you to run errands for her for a week now. You know you don't have to do stuff like that for her, right?"

"Oh, but I want to do it! It's what friends do for each other, right?"

"Sometimes, yeah. But friendships are less one sided. From what I'm seeing, Izumo's just been using you instead of treating you like a friend." Wow, a girl who grew up with practically no friends giving advice on friendships. Now that's rich.

Sheimi was about to respond when the both of them heard screams from up ahead. Screams that were coming from the girls bathroom.

"Miss Kamiki and Miss Paku are in there!" Sheimi exclaimed with worry.

Kiara placed her hand in her skirt pocket and grabbed, "Go get Yukio." She said before starting to run towards the bathroom, hearing both receding and approaching footsteps from behind her. "You heard the scream too?" Kiara asked, looking over her shoulder to see Rin running not too far behind her.

"Yeah. Hard not to." Rin answered once he caught up to her. "Let's hope nobody is injured."

Kiara nodded. If it were just Izumo, she would let the others deal with it. But Paku was in there with her, and she wasn't like Izumo, and Kiara actually sort of liked her, and it would be a shame if she got hurt.

Once the two got to the bathroom, Kiara didn't waste any time kicking the locked door open and rushing in. What she saw would of made anyone hesitate from fear. A ghoul was standing over Paku, an acidic drool landing onto her skin and dissolving the fabric, burning her skin.

Izumo, who was only in her undergarments reached for something in her locker. "I humbly appeal to thee, oh Godess Inari! Grant my request, leave not my prayer to the unfulfilled!" She shouted, summoning two white foxes.

The ghoul roared and Izumo flinched, a look of uncertainty and fear on her face.

"How dare you! Your heart is weak!" The fox with the red scarf exclaimed as the two of them lunged at her, "You are not worthy of our help!"

"Tear the paper up!" Rin shouted from beside Kiara, "Do it!"

Without a second thought, Izumo ripped up the paper just in time, both fox spirits dissolving into nothing. Kiara watched as she fell to her knees, eyes wide and her body shaking.

"Rin, cover Izumo up. I'll deal with the ghoul." Kiara said, pulling out the expandable staff from her pocket. Pulling the pin out, she caught it just as it jumped open. Rushing forwards, she jumped into the air and bashed the ghoul on the head, earning a screech from it. She managed to get it away from Paku, and back into the main bath area.

Kiara landed on the ground, a grin forming on her face. "Now now, you're the one who attacked us unprovoked. You have no right to complain when we attack you~" She taunted, cringing internally a bit when she realized she had sounded a bit like Mephisto.

The ghoul screeched, and raised an arm, moving to attack her. Though just before it made contact, it reeled away, screeching in pain. Rin landed not too far from Kiara, his sheathed sword in his hands.

"Rin, Kiara!" A voice exclaimed and she looked behind her to see Sheimi coming into the room she looked at the ghoul, then spotted Paku laying on the ground. "Paku! You two keep the ghoul busy, I'll take care of Miss Paku."

"Right!" Kiara and Rin said

The beast roared, and Kiara looked back at it, an excited grin on her face. "This is going to be fun!" She swatted at the beast, making it take a few steps back.

"My... young... Prince... I... only do... what my master... commands." The ghoul forced out and Kiara looked at Rin just as the Ghoul grabbed him by the head and threw him to the bathroom floor, completely ignoring Kiara and standing over Rin, it's giant hands secured around his neck.

"Oh, now you've done it! I don't like being ignored." Kiara said as she lunged forwards and jabbed her staff into the back of the ghoul's head, drawing it's attention away from Rin, only temporarily though. Just as the ghoul was about to lunge towards Rin once again, there were some gunshots and Kiara looked to see Yukio shooting at the demon.

"Get back here!" He said as the ghoul started running away, crashing through an open window to escape. "Are you guys alright?" He asked looking at the two.

"You're late." Rin said.

"But I made it just in time."

"A second later and your brother would of been ghoul chow, though." Kiara said, earning a glare from Yukio. She just shrugged. "Learn to take a joke, mole face. I wasn't gonna let that happen. And before you ask, yeah, I'm fine too, not a scratch on me."

Yukio just nodded before turning towards Sheimi, who was still treating Paku. "Sheimi, how is Miss Paku?"

"Okay... I think" Sheimi started.

"You've treated her correctly." Yukio praised when he looked over what Sheimi was doing, "Who knows what might have happened if you hadn't been here."

Paku groaned, opening her eyes, "Miss Moriyama, thanks a lot... for saving me." She said softly.

"Sure!"

"What happened before I got here?" Yukio asked, looking at Kiara— Rin had gone off to where Izumo was hiding.

"Well, we heard screams and after I told Sheimi to get you, both Rin and I ran over here to see a ghoul attacking both Izumo and Paku. We didn't hesitate in jumping into action and held the ghoul off until you got here."

"Good. Thank you for telling me. Though in the future I would prefer you to not just jump into a dangerous situation like that trying to be a hero. Make sure to assess the situation first." Yukio said.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Kiara said knowing full well that she was going to immediately jump into the next dangerous situation she encountered.

"Now, all of you head to bed. You've all been through nigh for tonight. You all know your room arrangements, so go change and get to bed. Remember, you'll be waking up at 6 am tomorrow morning."

"Right!" Everyone called before walking out of the bathroom and towards the dorm rooms they'd be sleeping in.

Kiara sighed, after a fight like that, she just wanted to get some sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 57 4
but what if rin unleashed his powers when he was seven and trained to be an exorcist with his twin brother? what if he became a teacher at the cram s...
19.9K 531 16
Yukio has come back from the Illuminati but he's still very cruel to Rin but before Yukio came back he did something to Rin that was the last straw...
16K 627 18
Rin had a secret of his own like Shiro, Yukio, and the clergymen did but not as bad. This secret is revealed when Astaroth attacks but nobody was hom...
19.4K 836 29
At the age of 11, the monastery is attacked by Satan. Her negative emotions manipulated by him, Rin is deceived into following him to Gehenna. What w...