Reunion

By writingdreams0190

The idea of this story began many months ago when I watched the IIFA Madrid interview of Deepika Padukone and... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
A note on why I won't be continuing this any longer

Chapter seven

1.2K 18 5
By writingdreams0190

They showered quickly, forgoing their usual teasing, instead working efficiently to wash themselves and each other. He helped her shampoo and condition her hair and she helped him scrub his back. They dressed and packed as quickly as they could and he called to arrange for their checkout and transportation while she did her makeup - just a light dusting of powder, a flick of mascara, and a tinted lip balm today. She had on a silky camisole with a sheer shirt over it and loose, floaty pants. He was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. He thought she looked like a flower or a fairy, something ethereal blown in by the summer breeze. Seeing her like this, so composed, made her complete abandon of the last few hours even more precious. 

He watched as she ran her fingers down her neck to the mark he'd left. It was flushed a dark red and was likely to get darker. "Aren't you going to cover that?" he asked. She'd always hidden his marks with makeup. 

She shrugged. "No," she said. "Let people see."

He felt his heart begin to pound. He walked over to where she was sitting in front of the mirror and wrapped his arms around her shoulders before bending and kissing her neck. "Are you sure?" he asked, voice gravelly with emotion. The collar of her shirt would hide the mark to some extent but anyone looking at her for any length of time would see it and know it for what it was. 

She nodded and placed a hand on his cheek. "I'm sure," she said, holding his gaze in the mirror. He turned her towards him and was about to kiss her when there was a knock at the door. "That must be the concierge," she whispered, caught by the way he was looking at her. 

"Must be," he whispered back, staring at her glossy lips. 

"I should answer it," she said, unable to move. 

"You should," he whispered as he ran his fingers into her hair and bent his head.

She fought to keep her eyes open. "I should... I..." She gave up and kissed him. She whimpered in complaint when he tried to pull away. She followed his lips and used her hand in his hair to pull him closer. He sighed and kissed her deeper briefly before pulling back. She opened her eyes, dazed.

"The door," he whispered. 

She sighed and rose from her seat. "Right," she said, squaring her shoulders and almost marching over to it. She opened it and a man in a crisp three-piece suit stood there accompanied by a porter in the hotel uniform. "So sorry to keep you waiting, sir," she said.

"It's no problem at all, madam," he said, stepping into the room. He took in the used plates at the breakfast table, the robes folded over a chair, and the mess of feathers spilling from the bed with an unflappable glance. The porter was young and not as well trained. He looked from the bed to Ranveer sitting at the dressing table to the mark on Deepika's neck. Deepika saw his eyes widen and blushed. The concierge frowned at him. "Rico, please take our guests' bags to the basement car park. Your driver is waiting for you there, madam," he said to Deepika, who was still blushing. 

Ranveer walked up to stand beside her and slipped his arm around her waist. The porter blushed and stopped staring at her and went to do as he'd been asked. Ranveer couldn't blame him, really. She was astonishingly beautiful, and that was on a regular day. Today, freshly showered, happy, relaxed, sated and blushing, she was mesmerising. Especially with her lips still dewy from their kisses and her cheeks reddened by her blush. He realised he'd been staring at her and she was blushing more. He shook himself and forced himself to turn back to the concierge, who was looking faintly amused. 

"I hope you had a good stay here, sir, madam," he said.

"Yes, thank you, Mr...?" Ranveer asked.

"Reyes, sir," the man replied. 

"Gracias, Señor Reyes," Deepika said and the concierge's eyes lit up. 

"De nada, señorita," he replied. 

"We're sorry about the mess," she said. "Could we ask you to please make sure that the cleaning staff receive the tip we've left for them on the dresser?"

He nodded. "I will ensure that they get it, señorita."

"Thank you, that's very kind of you," she said. "We've had a lovely time at your hotel. Thank you for everything." She gave him a dazzling smile and shook his hand. 

Ranveer almost laughed at the awestruck expression on the man's face. He was impressed that the concierge still had the presence of mind to extend the bill and get their signatures on it. The man accompanied them to the basement car park and ensured that they'd been seated properly. 

"This is Fernando. He will be driving you to the airport," he said, and the driver nodded to them before engaging the partition between his seat and the back of the car. "It was a pleasure having you with us, señorita, sir. Please come again," he said.

Deepika smiled at him again. "Gracias, Señor Reyes. We will," she said. 

Ranveer glanced back at the man as the car pulled away and saw that he was still standing there, a goofy smile on his face. He began to laugh and turned to Deepika, who was looking at him with a puzzled expression. "Do you even know the kind of effect you have on people?"

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"That poor man was a puddle by the time we left," he said.

She blushed. "I was just being polite."

"Oh, I know. I'm not blaming you at all," he replied. "I don't think people expect someone so beautiful to also be so kind."

"Ranveer...." she blushed and turned away.

"I feel for all these poor saps, I really do. It's impossible to see you and meet you and not fall in love with you." He pulled her into his arms.

She blushed more. 

He kissed her cheek, then entwined their hands. She sighed and laid her head on his shoulder. He sighed, too, then pressed the intercom button. "Fernando? We'd like to stop at a pharmacy on our way to the airport, please," he said.

"No problem, sir. There's one right in the airport, if that will do?" he asked. 

"Is it a regular store or does it have a limited stock?" Ranveer asked.

"It's a regular store, sir. But if you prefer, there's a hospital on the way and I can stop there?" he replied.

Ranveer looked at Deepika. She nodded. "Better not to take the chance," she said.

He pressed the intercom button again. "Thank you, Fernando, yes, that would be perfect," he said.

"No problem sir. We should be there in around fifteen minutes," he said before he shut the intercom off.

Ranveer kissed Deepika on the temple. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

She lifted her head from his shoulder and looked at him. "I told you already, Ranveer, don't apologise. It's as much my fault as it is yours."

"But you're the one who's having to face the consequences," he said.

"You're right here with me," she said. "And if I do end up pregnant, I know you'll still be right here with me." 

He breathed deep. "Yes, I will be," he said. "No matter what happens."

"I know," she said, and kissed him with a smile. "It's one of the reasons I love you so much."

He couldn't find words to reply so he kissed her back, trying to show her what she meant to him. His throat closed with unshed tears when she sighed and sank into him. She was so precious. He dropped butterfly kisses over her forehead, her eyelids, her cheeks and even her nose. She blinked her eyes open and they sparkled with joy. The words were completely inadequate, still he was compelled to say them. "I love you."

She smiled at him. "I know." And wasn't that something? To know with certainty that she was loved beyond reason by him. She was so grateful for him. She tightened her arms around him and laid her head on his shoulder. She felt his head come to rest atop hers and sighed. 

They stayed like that until the driver's voice came on the intercom, telling them they were at the hospital. They went to its pharmacy, got the medicine they needed, and after she'd taken it, sank back into each other's arms.

Deepika closed her eyes and soaked in the warmth and scent of Ranveer's body. This is what the earth must feel like at the start of monsoon, she thought. She could feel her body opening and relaxing and growing loose and fragrant. She'd been parched, and he was rain. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 2.7K 39
( it's not related to any show.. completely my imagination...Abhira in an alternate universe) A posh club in heart of Mumbai where only most influent...
25.7K 443 16
I thought long and hard about posting this. It is another story based off of what we know about the real actors, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh...
10.7K 984 33
"You have intertwined our destinies. You involved her into this mess from the beginning of it all and now it's my time to intervene." He challenges. ...
43.8K 3.4K 39
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...