Allure

By InkD_Roses

If one day is all we had, will you make it worth my while? City girl-Bradley Hughes battles with her emotions... More

1| Welcome To Allure
2| Southern Hospitality
3| Welcome To Allure Girl
4| Everybody Needs Somebody
5| Untamed
6| Unity
7| Upside to Downside
8| Little Situation
9| Everybody Needs Somebody Pt.II
10| Consensus
11| I Cared. I Care.
12| Unbothered
13| Damage Control
14| Slip Ups
15| Well- Do You Mean It?
16| All On Bradley
17| Allure Me 2
18| Is It Jealousy?
19| Hello Indonesia,
20| Ratchet Happy Birthday
21| Facing The Burdens
22| Get It Under Control
23| Topic of Discussion
24| Evolving
25| We're Doing This Again?
26| Because I'm Your Friend
27| When The Family Feuds
28| For Future Purposes Only
30| Revisit and Rebuild
31| What's Coming
32| Understood
33| Its None Of Your Business!
34| Living
35| Promised
36| In Due Time
37| And Many More...
38| Revitalizing
39| Resurfaced Love & Pain
40| Going Through The Motions
41| Progressing
42| Embarking Possibilites
43| Anything For You
44| Until Then
45| Back Home To You
46| From Here On Out
47| Everlasting Unity
48| Focus
49| Choosing Me
50| Salvation
51| Rashad Knows Best
52| Rashad STILL Knows Best
53| Stuntin' Like My Daddy
54| Closing In
55| All About Change
56| The New Beginning
57| Could've Been
58| Communicate It
59| Trust The Process
60| Getting Back
61| In With The New
62| Reoccuring
63| Issues
64| Warm Welcome
65| Dilemma
66| Middle Ground
67| Making The Effort
68| Touchy Situation
69| Powerful Ego
70| Comes to the Light
71| Settling the Score
72| Touch and Go
73| Make Your Choice
74| Bradley's Intuition
75| Tread Lightly
76| Wrong or Right

29| Letting It All Go

19.3K 1.2K 1K
By InkD_Roses

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

BRADLEY HUGHES,

Houston had absolutely nothing for Bradley, but negativity. Upon Devon dropping that huge bomb on Bradley, she took initiative of changing her and Rashad's flight time to an earlier date.  They left the following day, and Bradley was ready to get over it.

Bradley had pushed reconnecting with her family far behind her. It simply was no longer an objective or motive of her's anymore. She felt betrayed and lied to, and for some odd reason, Bradley had a feeling that she was the last one to find out about Devon not being her father.

She was correct.

The fact that everyone around her was comfortable enough to lie to her face about it all, was just baffling. Bradley was convinced that no one apart of the Hughes family gave a damn about her, along with people apart of her mother's family as well. Mimi was the last person Bradley expected to lie to her for all of her life , but she did.

Bradley didn't deem what they did to her as protection or caring, their intent was malicious and Bradley took it as that.

In hopes of recovering from the bomb that was dropped right in the middle of her life, Bradley was glad Usiah set up a get together to meet his and Liam's daughter, Kelsey. 

Kelsey seemed to have perfect timing because she arrived at a time Bradley needed some positivity the most.

"Where you headed?" Rashad asked. He had just came in from running errands and he didn't expect to see Bradley up and about. She had been bed bound for the last day or so. She seemed to be in better spirits so that was great.

Bradley glances up from her phone and to Rashad. "Usiah's place. He wants us to come meet the baby did you forget?"

Rashad let out a wince due to his awful time management. "Okay, I did forget, but tell him I'll stop by with gifts later,"

Bradley rolled her eyes. "Let me guess, you're doing something with Duke," She murmured out with a sly attitude.

"What's up with you? Your attitude been off the charts lately," Rashad screwed his face up.

Bradley took in a deep breath before side eyeing him. "I'm just sick of you not being available,"

Rashad looked at her in disbelief. At this point, he felt like Bradley was just finding anything to be mad about. "Bradley I'm available all the time so don't even go there. You frustrated about something else love, don't try to take it out on me," Rashad has been dodging arguments for the past two days. Bradley was beginning to lash out due to the incident with Devon, which Rashad understood. However what he didn't understand was, why Bradley found him as the outlet to release her frustrations.

"Clearly you're not available all the time if I'm complaining," Bradley scoffed.

Rashad shook his head. "You angry—I get it, but what you doing now is just pure childish," Rashad grabbed his keys. "A few hours away from each other won't kill you Bradley,"

"You're right, which is why I'm going out tonight," Bradley shrugged her shoulders.  Bradley knew damn well, she had absolutely no plans after Usiah's place but how Rashad was acting, she was about to make some.

Rashad carelessly scoffed. "That's supposed to hurt my feelings? Do you Brad," Rashad has been dealing with Bradley's attitude for a few days now, but now she was over doing it.

Bradley eyes him for clarification. She needed confirmation that he meant every word. "Remember, you said do you," Bradley restated as she bypassed him to grab her purse.

Rashad took ahold of Bradley's wrist, turning her around so she could face him. "Please refrain yourself from doing anything stupid, I'm really trying to keep my patience with you," He warned as he peered down at her. "You been acting stupid as hell lately and don't expect me to get annoyed with you," He fumed out absentmindedly. Ever since Bradley's last day in Houston, she hadn't been the same. Rashad continued to ask if she was okay, and she said yes, but we all knew that was a lie. Bradley would pull off the facade of being okay with something, and turn around and act like such when a situation is still bothering her. Bradley had all this pent up anger and now she was casting it all away on any small or practically irrelevant situation that arises.

Rashad wasn't really accustomed with coping with things in that manner so it caught him off guard. Every time he tried to end a possible argument or even avoid one, Bradley seemed to still bubble over in anger.

Bradley snatched her wrist away from Rashad and gave him a cold eye. "If you're so annoyed with me, you can leave. That's what everyone else does anyway. You won't be the first and you definitely won't be the last," Bradley spat out indignantly before walking away.

Rashad followed in tow, not wanting their conversation to end in such a bad note. "Brad, that's not what I meant, I'm just getting a little frustrated," He explained

Bradley held her hand up to his face, writing everything he had just said off as excuses. "You don't think I get frustrated with you? But do I ever say mean shit like that?" She questioned. Rashad remained silent because they both knew the answer to her questions.

Bradley took in a deep breath, keeping her composure at bay. "You know what. Those few hours away from each other that won't kill me, can turn into a few days. I need a break," She let out.

Rashad screwed his face. "You need a what?"

"A break Rashad! I'm annoyed with you, just as much as you're annoyed with me!" Bradley shouted hoping that she wouldn't have to reiterate herself and he would just understand.

"All if this because I'm busy?" Rashad furrowed his brows trying to understand Bradley's logic in the best way he could.

Bradley said nothing, instead she just grabbed her keys and exited her condo. The door slammed hard behind her showcasing how angry she was. Letting out a hard sigh, Rashad left the condo, locking up, in hopes to catch up to Bradley. By the time he got down to the parking lot, Bradley was already zooming away in her car.

"This girl can not be serious," Rashad grumbled out as he extracted his phone from his pocket. He made efforts of getting in contact with Bradley, but like any other time she was upset, her phone went straight to voicemail.

Bradley kept her phone off the entire duration of the car ride to Usiah's house. Upon getting to Usiah's place, Bradley parked in the driveway and got out. She knocked on the door and was immediately greeted by Georgia.

Georgia led the way to the front room of Usiah's house where everyone was gushing over Kelsey. "The best auntie in the world is here," Bradley announced in a whisper, not wanting to disturb Kelsey's peaceful slumber.

Posh scoffed since she considered herself the best auntie in the world. "Sis, take several seats,"

Bradley playfully rolled her. "Always hating,"

"And you always late ma'am," Posh threw shade.

Bradley stuck Posh the finger to shut her up. Usiah noticed. "You haven't even been by my baby from five minutes and I could already see what type of influence you're gonna be," He teased as Bradley went ahead and washed her hands in the kitchen.

Bradley laughed. "You're saying that to me instead of Posh and Rome?" She asked in slight disbelief.

Rome and Posh quickly snapped their head in Bradley's direction. "If we cant teach her nothing else, we damn sure can teach her how to be on time,"Rome laughed.

"No one even cared to ask why I was running late, but want to just jump down my throat,"

"Friend, at least hold the baby before you start spilling the tea, which has been long overdue," Usiah chuckled as he handed Kelsey over to Bradley. Since coming from Houston, Bradley hadn't made much efforts to connect with her friends. She felt as if her somber mood would drain the life out of them so she just kept to herself until she felt ready enough to mask herself in her "everything's okay facade".

Bradley took a seat right in the center of Cinney and Posh while cradling Kelsey in her arms. Kelsey was just the cutest. Bradley cooed down at her, immediately feeling her heart warm up at the sight of Kelsey eyes opening up at her.

"Oh my god, can I keep her?" Bradley stuck her bottom lip out in awe. Bradley knew that she was withholding babies on her agenda, but Kelsey was having her second guessing. From the way she would stretch her little limbs, down to how she would stick her little tongue out ever so often.

Usiah scoffed as he gave Bradley a crazy look. "Um bitch—have your own," He shut her down. "Me and my husband went through hell and got water for that angel and I'll be damn if I let you have my little piece of heaven,"

"Aweee," All the ladies cooed our to Usiah.

"Look at you being a mom," Rome teased him.

Usiah stale faced her. "Get knocked out if you want to,"

"So where's your better half?" Cinney asked Bradley as she reached over to adjust the hat on Kelsey's head.

Still wrapped up in the perfection of Kelsey, Bradley kept a joyous smile on her face while holding Kelsey's little body. "Oh we just broke up," Bradley dismissed it as if she hadn't said what she just said.

"Y'all what?" Posh asked for clarification.

Bradley kept her attention in Kelsey, still sporting her smile. "Broke up,"She reiterated with a nonchalant attitude.

"Lord, Jesus," Posh called out with a shake of her head. "Someone just guide my hand to her face, please. Cause if I do it, I'm knocking her out cold," Usually, Posh wouldn't have to hear a thing about the break up so she could decide to side with Bradley, but now was not the time. She was coming in hot on Duke's trail when it came to finding out what he did to gain the funds he had. If Bradley broke up with Rashad that would just be one less source she had. Bradley kept Posh up to speed when it came to the nights Duke went out. Posh would find out if he was with Rashad from Bradley, because she damn sure wasn't about to hound Duke about it.

"I don't know why we even do this with this girl, their getting back together," Georgia waved off. "Tell us what happened in Houston," Georgia urged. When she found out that Bradley and Rashad were returning earlier than anticipated, she called Bradley to make sure that everything was okay. Bradley said that things were fine, but Georgia  could sense the oddness in Bradley's energy. She was holding something back which was hurting her. Georgia sent a prayer up for Bradley, but she went against prying and allowed Bradley to just fine to peace with the situation herself.

Bradley eyed Kelsey who had fallen asleep in her hold. Bradley handed her off to Usiah who went to go put her down in her crib.

Upon Usiah returning to the front room with all the ladies without Kelsey, Bradley let out a long and exasperated sigh. "You got any ice cream?" Bradley asked Usiah. In their friendship, there were certain levels of concern. When wine was chosen to indulge in, whatever tea that was being spilled was either super exciting, or worrisome. Ice cream however—that was code red and SOS emergency. Whatever was about to be said was some heavy shit.

Usiah nodded with concern flashing his face. "I got enough for everybody," He led the way to the kitchen where the ladies all took a seat around the island. Usiah distributed the bowls and spoons, Bradley was right behind him serving them scoops of ice cream. Once everything was all set, Bradley stood front and center with her bowl of ice cream.

"Houston was just a huge pile of fuck you Bradley," She began. "First day I went to go visit, I felt overwhelmed because Genovah ass invited our entire family tree. I didn't feel comfortable at all. Eventually, Rashad came down. We go to the stupid ass family reunion and everyone is just poking him with questions that they had no business asking. Then I finally build the courage to speak to Devon and he just straight up tell me, he's not my dad," Bradley summarized they best way she could.

A wave of gasps filled the room. Usiah and the girls were expecting a lot of things but Devon not being Bradley's father was the last thing they ever would have thought of. "Then bitch, who's your daddy? Somebody had to nut you out," Posh asked.

Bradley took a spoon of ice cream into her mouths . "That's just something I would never know. The only person who could know is dead," Bradley mumbled out in an airless tone.

"Awe Brad," Posh began going around the island to give Bradley a much needed hug, but Bradley declines the sympathy with a shake of her head.

"Enough about that," She easily dismissed the conversation. "Lets go out tonight,"

"Well I'm out, I gotta do parent shit," Usiah quickly counted himself out of the plans. He knew Liam won't have his head if he even thought about going out when Kelsey had just arrived.

"Count me out too, I have too many appointments tomorrow," Georgia said.

Bradley let out a groan before shooting her eyes which were full with hope over to Rome, Cinney, and Posh. "I'm in the process of moving, sorry sis," Cinney shut her down.

Bradley and the rest of the furrowed their brows. "Moving? You two live together," Bradley looked between Rome and Cinney. The vibe between them was a little off and the fact that they weren't up each other's asses was surprising to everyone. Rome and Cinney were ying and yang so no one could believe Cinney saying she was moving out—alone.

Cinney nodded her head as she looked down at her hands. The arising conversation was bound to be awkward, something Cinney couldn't deal with. Rome was waiting for Cinney to lay it all out on the table for everyone, but she seemed to be stalling. Not having anymore patience, Rome decided to fill Usiah and the girls in. "Well, little miss double life is leaving me in an apartment by myself , to move in with her boyfriend who I've literally just found out about,"

"Oh bitch you is wrong!" Posh exclaimed but immediate got told to hush by Usiah since he wanted to keep Kelsey asleep until her next feeding.

Cinney screwed her face up. "How am I wrong for keeping a part of my life private?"

"Nothing is wrong with that, it's just the way you went by it. I wouldn't have an issue if you sat me down months in advance and explain things to me but you decided to tell me the week before you actually start moving. That's just low down and dirty," Rome shook her head. Cinney was her best friend so to get hit with a curveball like this, was hard for her to digest and get over it.

Rome was sure she could handle the bills by herself, but Cinney not living with her would be hard to deal with. Cinney rolled her eyes. "Rome, I did not tell you a week before quit lying to make me look like the bad guy," The way the two were speaking at each other, there was definitely some tension there. It was like they couldn't even stand looking at one another.

Rome scoffed. "You are the bad guy Cinney. Now I'm left with your half of everything because you all of a sudden want to be around this mysterious ass boyfriend," Rome spoke over Georgia and Posh.

"You're tripping for absolutely no reason Rome. Don't get in front of everybody and act like we haven't settled how we're gonna go by things. If I wanna move out, then I can. I'm gonna continue to pay my half of the rent for the rest of the lease, in that time you should find something more suiting to you," Cinney said all in one mouthful. Rome was playing damsel in distress as always and wanted Cinney to walk her through everything.

Cinney understood that her having longtime boyfriend was a bit sudden and out of no where, but it was complicated. She didn't feel like she had to explain anything to anybody when it came to her life. Cinney knew she could have prepped Rome for it a bit better, but she was offering all the help she had been providing, she just wouldn't be residing there.

"Do y'all see what I've been dealing with for the past week or so?" Rome pointed at Cinney in disbelief.

Cinney rolled her eyes. "I'm out. Usiah thanks for having me, Kelsey is beautiful," She went around the island to give Usiah a hug. "Bye everybody, I won't be at the shop tomorrow, so I'll see you guys Tuesday," Cinney announced before taking her exit.

Usiah and the ladies all looked at one another with confusion sprawled all over their faces. "Welp, whoever this nigga is, must have some bomb dick," Posh concludes with a shake of her head. Cinney wasn't one to act as such. She was just as overly nice as Georgia. Throughout their entire friendship, Cinney and Rome not once had an argument so that was also another red flag.

Rome shook her head. "She's been acting like that since she told me she was moving out. Whoever he is, got her acting super different and I don't like it," Rome knew Cinney like the back of her hand. Maybe it was only her, but she found it a little suspicious how Cinney just popped out of no where with all these new life changes. Rome was indeed upset that Cinney was moving out in the middle of their leaseing agreement, but she was worried about Cinney more than anything.

Georgia let out a sigh. She was beginning to have bad feelings about Cinney. Georgia was confused as to why her spirit felt the need to immediately pray for Cinney. Georgia's spirit never really led her wrong. "I have a bad feeling about this," Georgia murmured out.

Posh groaned. "Here comes that psychic bullshit," She waved Georgia off. At this point, Posh felt like the only friend that she had who was sane was Usiah—shockingly. Bradley constantly did dumb shit, Rome was a careless home wrecker, Cinney was tripping out over some dick, and Georgia acted like she was some damn psychic. Posh just couldn't keep up.

"I'm serious,"Georgia persisted. "And you know I'm never wrong,"

Posh rolled her eyes not wanting to admit that Georgia had a point about never being wrong when she felt as such. "So are we going out or what? Y'all are stressing me the hell out,"She looked between Bradley and Rome.

Both women nodded their head, confirming the plans for tonight.

Eventually the day slipped away and they all went home to claim the night as their own. Bradley had just gotten out of the shower and to her surprise she was met with Rashad laying in her bed. He wasn't being distracted by his phone, nor the television Bradley had kept on for her own comfort since she thought she would be alone. "You don't know what a break is?" Bradley mumbled as she took a seat on the chaise at the end of the bed.

Her back was facing him, so she wasn't aware that he nodded. "I do, but I don't think we need one, and neither do you," He says as he watched her moisturize her body.

Bradley remained silent. Rashad was share that Bradley was only talking out the side of her neck because of what happened back in Houston. It was a hard pill to swallow so Rashad understood. He realized saying things out of frustration wasn't the best thing to do since Bradley was still sensitive and hurting at the moment. "I said what I said," Bradley rolled her eyes .

Rashad let out a chuckle. "I know you did Brad, and I get where you coming from. If you could be available while running a shop six days out of the week, then I can be more available too,"

"I don't want you to be passive about it Rashad, do you actually feel like that?" She finally turned around and looked at him.

Rashad shot her a light smile before nodding his head. "I get where you coming from baby. Which is why I'm done with it. My last job is next week,"

Bradley was slightly shocked. Rashad had been doing this for years so she only expected him and Duke to build more momentum. When she spoke to him about finding an alternative, she didn't think she would get this type of turn around this soon. "Seriously?" She asked for clarification.

Rashad nodded. "It's getting old. Duke wanna do his own thing and so do I," He shrugged.

Bradley couldn't contain her happiness. She couldn't act like what Rashad did, didn't bother her. Although she loved him unconditionally and knew he was far more different than what he did to get his money. Bradley always had the thought of her being with someone who casually killed people, linger in the back of his mind. Now that he was on the way of putting that behind him, Bradley was relieved. Bradley smiled her infectious smile as she got up and went to go straddle Rashad's lap.

"I'm sorry for being a complete bitch to you," She apologized. "You didn't do anything to me so I shouldn't have been treating you that way,"

"We good," He assured her before leaning in for a kiss. "You still going out?" He asked with a smirk as he slowly inches his hand up Bradley's thigh.

Bradley laughed before nodding her head. "My plans are already set in stone," She confirmed.

"Really now?" He raised a brow as soon as his hand made contact with her slits. Vulnerable to the touch Bradley began loosening her grip around her towel that she had wrapped around her frame. "You still wanna go? I won't force you to stay or nothing," He taunted with a shrug while feathering her fingers up and down the slits of her pussy.

Rashad could see Bradley tension drift from her shoulders and her face immediately grew relaxed. With her soft eyes, she looked him directly in the eye. Quickly before she got enslaved under his swooning actions, Bradley took a hold of his hands and stopped him. "You think you're slick. I'm going out dummy," Bradley rolled her eyes.

Rashad chuckle as he let her get off his lap to finish getting ready. "Alright have fun, don't come back in here all loud asking me to wake up,"

"Who said I was coming back home?"

Rashad scoffed. "Bradley, I would fuck your ass up. Don't play with me little girl,"

"See you tomorrow morning," She laughed.

Rashad sat up and side eyed her. "Bradley if your definition of tomorrow morning ain't 2 AM, considered yourself dead,"

Bradley looked over her shoulder giving him a challenging look. "See I won't even go there cause I know your good for it to," She said, referring to his line of work.

"You not even funny," Rashad gave her an unamused look.

After a while Bradley found herself dressed. Rashad couldn't keep his eyes off of her. Like every other three days, Bradley has changed her hair. The cherry red 28 inch bone straight wig served her right, complimenting her all black outfit.

"I don't even know why you wanna go out, aint nothing to do on a Sunday," Rashad mumbled out trying his best to not sound like he didn't want her going out.

Bradley laughed as she grabbed ahold of her phone and car keys. "We'll find something baby, I love you. Don't wait up Big Shad," She cackled before shutting the front door.

"Big Shad?" Rashad furrowed his brows. He immediately went to her contact on his phone and called her in FaceTime. She answered and seemed to already have gotten to the parking lot. "What you mean by don't wait up?" Rashad asked.

Bradley got into her car and started it up. "Exactly what it sounds like. You're killing my battery baby, see you in the AM," She hung up the phone.

Rashad shook his head in disbelief.

Bradley and Rome met at Posh's apartment since she offered to be DD. The ladies really had no where in mind to go, but they were determined to find something to do.

Posh had yet to come down so Rome and Bradley we're leaning against her car.

To their surprise, Duke came down before Posh did. "Aye, where y'all headed tonight?" Duke asked. He had been trying to get Posh to let him in on where they were heading out to, but she didn't tell him anything.

Rome and Bradley looked at each other before bursting out into laughter. "Out," They said in unison.

Duke shrugged. "I'll just call Rashad,"

This time, Bradley was the only one laughing. "Call Rashad," She shrugged carelessly.

"Romania," Duke turned to Rome after seeing he wouldn't get much out of Bradley.

Rome scrunched her face up. "Nigga that is not my name,"

"De'Mar get your ass in the fucking house and play this fucking game!" Posh shouted as she came down the stairs ordering him.

Duke let out a sigh before turning around to face Posh. "What I told you about talking to me like—"

Posh cut him off. "Duke don't play with me out here," She warned.

"Alright y'all enjoy the night out," Duke waved goodbye to Bradley and Rome who were both in laughter at how much Posh had him in check. 

Posh unlocked her car for Rome and Bradley to get in while she said her goodbyes to Duke. Rome and Bradley cooed out in awe as they witnessed Posh and Duke kiss for the first time.

Posh got into the car and started it up. "Mention something about that kiss and I'm gonna kick y'all asses out," She warned once she realized how much the two were gushing in awe.

The ladies kept quite and said nothing. After a few minutes of driving, they decided to just go to a hookah lounge. It wasn't the club vibe they intended on enjoying, but it looked like they would have the same amount of fun.

For it to be a Sunday, the lounge and bar was pretty packed. The music was good and the atmosphere seemed electrifying, just what Bradley needed.

The ladies gained easy access to a booth and were set to enjoy the night. "Posh what do you want to drink?" Bradley asks ready to go make a round at the bar.

"Water," Posh told her over the music.

Bradley looked at her oddly before laughing. "Posh seriously, what you want to drink?"

"Bitch I said water, I can't be hydrated anymore?" Posh contorted her face into a mug.

"I know you're DD'ing, but you can have a drink Posh," Bradley persisted.

"Gone drink your whole life away, I'm drinking water," Posh decline the advance for her to drink once more.

The rest of the night, Rome and Bradley took drinks back to back. The vibrations of the night were positive and uplifting as they danced, enjoying themselves. Posh who was the sober one was even having fun. They used their phone, to record the events of the night and posted it all over their social media stories.

Rashad and Duke were both at home watching their every move via social media.

Rashad rolled his eyes at a video of Bradley giving Posh a lap dance before skipping over it to watch the next video. Rome seemed to have Bradley's phone as she recorded Bradley bouncing her rear to the music after she finished taking a drink.

Roles have been reversed. Duke and Rashad weren't the ones out for the night while the girls were at home. The men couldn't lie and act like they weren't the least bit salty.

For the rest of the night, Bradley enjoyed it as if it were her last. Her mind vacated itself from worries and issues of life, and simply focused on enjoying herself.

NEW  ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

RASHAD FAREWOOD,

Rashad woke up in the middle of the night. The room was pitch dark, but he managed to see and feel Bradley not being in bed with him. Reaching over, Rashad grabbed his phone. The brightness of the screen caused him to squint. Reading the time, he sighed once he realized it was 5:54 AM.

Getting out of bed, Rashad slid his phone into the pocket of his sweats before grabbing his keys off the nightstand. He honestly had no clue where to begin his search for Bradley, but that wasn't going to stop him. Once he put in a shirt and slid on his slides, Rashad exited the bedroom.

Going through the hallway and entering the living room, Rashad let out a relieved sigh.

Rome, Bradley and Posh were laid out in the living room face down, tired as hell. Bradley and Posh occupied the same couch as Rome seemed to have rolled off the couch she laid on alone. She was curled up on the floor sleeping peacefully.

Turning around, Rashad headed back into Bradley's bedroom. He grabbed two covers and went back to the living room. He covered Posh with one, before covering Rome up with the other. He was even nice enough to put a pillow underneath Rome's head so she wouldn't wake up with a hurt neck.

Leaning down, Rashad grabbed Bradley up and cradled her in his arms like a baby. He shuffled back into the room and laid her down on her side of the bed. The transition from the living room to the bedroom disturbed her sleep and Bradley fluttered her eyes open. "Go back to sleep, I'm just gonna get you out these clothes," Rashad assured her in a light voice.

Cautiously, Rashad stopped Bradley from the clothes she had on for her night out and substituted them for one of his shirts. He went ahead and tied her hair up the best way he knew how, from watching her do it night after night.

Before he could turn off the lamp which illuminate the room with some dim light, Bradley said something. "I'm sorry," She apologized. Her voice was cracked like she was on the verge of tears.

"Why you apologizing for baby?" It was evident to Rashad that Bradley was drunk as hell. She reeked if liquor. He had never witnessed Bradley under the influence since it was usually him who always ended up having a little too much to drink.

Looking up at him, Bradley immediately began to cry. It pretty much summed up what type of drunk Bradley really was.

The super sad drunk.

"All the bad things happen to me," She cried out. Rashad wasn't sure if she was unaware of what she was saying, or she just really needed to vent. Either or, Rashad was going to sit and listen.

"It doesn't matter what happens baby, it's how we recover from it," Rashad said to her with a light sigh. He was tired as hell, but he was willing to sacrifice his sleep until he knew Bradley felt better. Her emotions had been going haywire lately, and now that she had alcohol in her system, Rashad was sure that things were a lot worse.

Tears streamed down Bradley's face as she sat up, looking down at her hands. Her words sounded slurred and her posture was slouched. "I don't recover from it, I just act like it never hurt me," She slurred out.

Although Rashad was a bit saddened to see that it took Bradley to become highly inebriated to let these emotions out, he was still glad that she was letting them out. "That's not okay baby, you gotta get over it,"

"I can't—" Bradley stretched out with tears still trailing down her face. "Everything just happens right after each other,"

"I know Bradley, that's just life," Rashad sighed. He knew exactly how Bradley felt. Not being able to catch a break. Or not feeling like you've healed from one traumatic experience just to get thrown into the next. It's painful and tiring.

Bradley smudged her make up by wiping her tears instead of dabbing them away. "It's unfair!" She exalted out through cries.

Rashad didn't intervene the breakdown she was enduring, because she needed it. So much hurt and pain was bottled up, it's unhealthy.

Rashad pulled her into an embrace, comforting her. "I get it baby, it hurts. But you can't turn that pain into anger, you have to let it go,"

"Rashad, I lost my mom. The only person in this world that could have given me unconditional love and accept me for who I am," Bradley continued to cry uncontrollably. By now, her foundation was gliding down her face and so was her eyeliner. The make up was staining Rashad's shirt, but he didn't even care. "Then after that, I lost Israel. He made me feel loved, wanted, and accepted. He built my confidence and brightened up my life," She continued.

Rashad felt himself grow a bit reserved at the mention of Israel, but he remained supportive and continued to let Bradley get it all out.

"Israel was my e-everything," Bradley hiccuped, still in tears. "I never got the chance to heal because I lost our baby right after. That's why is so hard being with me Rashad. I loose everybody that attempts to love me. I'm the problem. I'm not worthy of love and Devon knew that all along," Bradley wailed out in Rashad's arms. Rashad sympathized with Bradley. Hearing she endured so much pain, only made him respect her more. She walked around like she was so put together and strong, but in reality, things like loss were affecting her as a whole.

Rashad finally understood her mentality. Why it was so hard to let her guard down. Why she held on to people for so long. Why she was so hell bent on impressing others. She was tired and afraid of loosing people. She had lost so many that she began blaming herself for their disposal not realizing that, that's how Hod intended life to be.

She was mentally hurting herself to have some sort of explanation as to why she couldn't keep these people around, it was heart wrenching.

Rashad said nothing, instead he continued to console Bradley in silence until she feel asleep.

He knew that once she was in the right state of mind, he would have to address it again. He didn't want her sobering up and forgetting everything she let out this morning.

Rashad's main objective since discovering Bradley was battling demons was to get her to heal. Finding out she miscarried just added on another demon but that didn't shy Rashad away.

He loved Bradley unconditionally, and she knew that, which is why she was so afraid that she might end up loosing him next. Rashad now has to make sure Bradley understood that he wouldn't be going anywhere.

He was sure that Bradley may disagree with the promise, but as long as she knew that he made the promise was all that mattered.

Rashad wouldn't be going anywhere.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 658 19
"There's no touch or feeling Pleasure or pain Anything like the way you're runnin' through my veins No breath or beauty No sound or sight That ever m...
146K 2.3K 19
Abigail seems to be having a horrid summer, her best friend moved away, her ex-boyfriend has gotten a new toy and you can almost taste the boredom. S...
3.5K 46 51
You live in a small town with your parents and your brother. You later realize that you have a crush on your best friend. Read to find out what happe...
7.5K 335 37
Sexy heartthrob Isabelle Anderson comes face to face with her childhood crush Jaycey Davins and wholeheartedly devotes herself to risking her relatio...