Red Like Blood And Roses (RWB...

By MFC4Graafschap

(Y/N) got adopted as a kid by the Xiao Long Rose family, only to be met with nothing but abuse, neglect and s... More

Prologue: Quite Literally A Hell Of A Life
Chapter 1: The Winds Of Change Are Blowing
Chapter 2: A Birthday And The Birth Of Freedom
Chapter 3: The Demons Are Close
Chapter 4: Entering Safe Grounds
Chapter 5: New Life
Chapter 6: A Signal Of Movement From The Past
Chapter 7: Sharpening The Weapons For A Close Call
Chapter 9: Arriving At A New Place
Chapter 10: Initiations Cause Quite Some Trouble
Small important note
Chapter 11: First Day, First Big Discovery
Chapter 12: Discoveries Piling Up
Chapter 13: Reasons Matter
Chapter 14: Being Broken Breaks Things
Chapter 15: After The Shards
Chapter 16: Being Forgiven Takes Time
Chapter 17: The Weekend Party Part 1
Chapter 18: The Weekend Party Part 2
Chapter 19: Bursting Bubbles
Chapter 20: Disturbance
Chapter 21: A Serious Case
Chapter 22: Talking Helps
Chapter 23: The Problem With Division
Chapter 24: The Way It Is And Was
Chapter 25: New Faces
Chapter 26: Quiet Storm
Chapter 27: Nice While It Lasted
Chapter 28: Only Fools And Optimists
Chapter 29: What's It Like To Win Part 1
Chapter 30: What It's Like To Win Part 2
Chapter 31: Day To Day
Chapter 32: Victory Again
Chapter 33: Talking And Other Activities
Chapter 34: Always Something To Worry About
Chapter 35: Fighting For Safety
Chapter 36: Chaos
Chapter 37: After ...
Epilogue: Happiness Is Easy

Chapter 8: There's No Brian On The Way To Beacon

29K 343 333
By MFC4Graafschap

Yang POV

The schoolday has ended and so I'm walking home. I now have the name of the kid who could be (Y/N), but I still kinda wonder why mom wanted his name. I mean, it doesn't start with (Y/N) and I doubt his name could reveal that much information. I mean, sure you could change your first name, get adopted, but you won't be able to track it all down like that surely. I got home and opened the door. I saw mom sitting in the living room, so I went to her, considering how she asked me for the guy's name yesterday. We talked a bit and then came the question I was expecting.

Summer: "Did you ask that boy for his name today by the way?"

Yang: "Yes, I think it was Brian (L/N). Why are you asking mom?"

Summer: "Just out of curiosity dear. Why don't you go look for Ruby now? She was looking for you a minute or so ago."

Yang: "Ok mom, see you later."

I waved and then set off to find Ruby. She's probably just in her room, but you know, it's nice to hang out with her a bit.

Summer POV

I don't like not telling the full truth to Yang, my own daughter, but for now it's probably the best. I decided to call Ozpin, maybe he knows something about this (L/N) boy that could tell us something. I called Ozpin and he picked up surprisingly quick.

Ozpin: "Hello Summer, how are you?"

Summer: "I'm fine Ozpin, thank you for asking. I was wondering if you could help me with something?"

Ozpin: "Sure, I'll see what I can do. What's needed?"

Summer: "I was wondering if you could try to find something out about a boy named Brian (L/N). Yang and me think he could be (Y/N)."

Ozpin: "Well, if you really want me to, I can try to find something. But don't you think you should stop chasing a possible ghost? It's been 4 or 5 years since Tai got kicked out of that hospital, trying to beat up a doctor over the possibility that he might have treated (Y/N) for something. That was the last real sign we had since then. I don't want to burst a bubble or take any hope from you, but he could still be dead."

Summer: "NO!"

Ozpin: "..."

Summer: "Sorry, I didn't mean for that to come out like that... But the point is, we adopted him, his life was put into our hands and we failed to protect him. He went missing and we haven't been able to keep him in our hands for that protection. If he's still out there, we need to make that up to him."

Ozpin: "Alright... If you feel it really could be him, I'll try to find out something. But please... If it's not him, stop chasing a ghost. For everyone's sake... It's not good for you."

Summer: "Thanks..."

I hung up. I decided to not really answer that second part of what Ozpin said... But could he be right? It's indeed been years since we got any real sign of life of what could be him... Maybe... Maybe he really didn't get out of that forest alive...

Ozpin POV

After Summer ended that call, I felt a bit sorry for her. It's almost sad and hope giving at the same time that they're still searching for (Y/N) and believe he could still be alive and out there somewhere. But it's been years since Tai called me that he ran away...

Ozpin: 'Well, a promise is a promise... Might aswell call someone...'

I picked up my scroll and started a call with someone.

???" What is it Oz?"

Ozpin: "I was wondering if you could do something for me."

???: "And why the fuck would I want to do another job for you? Last time, it was a wild duck hunt!"

Ozpin: "I'll pay you, please?"

???: "For fuck's sake, what's the job?"

Ozpin: "I need you to head over to Signal and find someone named Brian (L/N), apparently the Xiao Long Rose family needs him."

???: "Those fuckers? Alright sure, but if he's at Signal, then best after he's done there, he'll appear at Beacon."

Ozpin: "Just get the job done and we can discuss payment."

???: "Alright, if he ends up at Beacon, I'll be there aswell."

Ozpin: "Good luck, ???."

???: "Fuck you Oz."

The call ended and I went back to doing what I do mostly: headmaster stuff.

__Timeskip to a month later__

I got a call and took it. I quickly recognised who it was. I wanted to greet him, but he was faster than me.

???: "Oz, you promised you had a lead, why the fuck is there no Brian (L/N) here!"

Ozpin: "What? Is there someone with the first name Brian? Or (L/N) as last name?"

???: "Yeah, no one by the name of Brian, but there is Ian and (Y/N) matching the last name you gave me."

(Y/N)! So they were right, it could be him...

Ozpin: "Alright, I see... I want you to keep an eye on (Y/N) ok?"

???: "*sigh* Alright, you know he's gonna be going to Beacon after Signal, so the second the Beacon Bullhead lands I'll bring him up to you, and before you call anyone else, see what the kid is about, I'm actually interested in it aswell."

Ozpin: "Alright, Alright, just be sure to-"

He had already hung up on me. I sank away into my thoughts for a bit.

Ozpin: '(Y/N)... It indeed could be him. But should I tell them? It's not even sure if it's really the (Y/N) Summer and Tai are missing, it could be all coincidence... For now, I'll only keep an eye on him. I won't tell them anything until I'm sure of if it's him, or not.'

__Timeskip of 3 years__

(Y/N) POV

I can't believe it. Our final day at Signal. It's been hard here, avoiding Yang and, since 2 years, Ruby aswell. But we did it, with as minimal interaction as possible.

__Flashback__

We were sitting in the canteen when I heard someone scream something loud. Great way to ruin someone's peaceful lunch. I wanted to look, but Mike said something.

Mike: "Don't look, it'll seem suspicious. I'll tell you what's going on."

I could see him sneak a few glances before telling me what's happening.

I see Yang, hugging some small girl with black hair and what seems to be a bit of red hair here and there aswell. I'm pretty sure she called the small girl Ruby.

(Y/N): "Shit..."

Simon: "What's the matter? They look cute, maybe I could- OW, what the hell man?!"

Mike: "Simon, shut up, we've been through this. What's the matter (Y/N)?"

(Y/N): "Ruby was my other 'sister'... She basically did the same Yang did to me."

Ian: "I'm sorry, I didn't knew it was her... Same no interaction treatment as with Yang?"

(Y/N): "As much as possible, yeah. Pretty sure they already forgot about me by now."

Simon: "I still can't believe that when Yang did know you here, she really got tricked by you into thinking your name was Brian. Brilliant stuff man, brilliant."

(Y/N): "Neither can I, you'd think your reaction would've given it away, but Mike saved the day. For which once more a lot of thanks."

Mike: "Ah, it's nothing man, that's what friends are for."

Ian: "I don't want to interrupt our little flashback party, but we gotta go to class again."

__Flashback end__

Luckily, it never got as far as any real conversations or hanging out, despite Yang being in the same year as us. Probably because we never were in the same class, also something I'm happy with. Ruby did approach us once.

__Flashback__

Ruby: "Hello there, have you seen my sister?"

Ian: "How am I supposed to know that if you don't tell me her name or what she looks like?"

Ruby: "She's called Yang, has long blonde hair and lilac eyes. You're in the same year as her, have you seen her?"

Mike: "She was literally behind you the other moment."

Ruby: "Really?!"

She turned around and looked but didn't see Yang."

Ruby: "Where? I don't see her."

(Y/N): "Mike was just messing with you, he does that more often. I'm sure he does know where Yang actually could be though."

I looked at him, hoping he'd get the signal and would just blurt out some random place in the school, so Ruby would leave us alone again.

Mike: "Have you tried outside on the schoolgrounds?"

Ruby: "No, do you think she could be there?"

Ian: "Technically, she could be everywhere, the odds are just smaller or bigger for each case."

Ruby looked at Ian in confusion.

Ian: "*sigh* Yes, she could be there, go look for her or something."

__Flashback end__

Luckily, for Ruby aswell, it stayed with that and it was the only time I ever really talked to her. I didn't feel the need to become friends with either of them, neither did I feel it's necessary to share my real name with them. And I'm pretty sure they even forgot that one.

I smiled at my brother, Ian, who was sitting next to me, and shared the same enthusiasm. Our class' mentor was having some boring talk about how important these years have been for us in multiple ways and how next year Beacon will in fact be a lot harder than Signal here, but I think no one cared enough to listen at this point. Then, we were wished happy summer vacation and we all walked out of the school.

Ian: "I can't believe it man! The end of Signal! Well, for us then, it's not like it's going to blow up now."

We then heard a huge explosion, but when we turned around, nothing had exploded actually. We only saw a grinning Simon.

Mike: "What the hell man?!"

Simon: "I couldn't resist, sorry."

Yeah, Simon discovered his semblance: he can make explosions. Only small ones now, bigger ones require more training we figured. But it still was loud enough for some scares. Mike had also discovered his semblance once, when he fell onto the ground. A whole crack came into the dirt. It lead to the discovery of him being able to manipulate and control the ground and rocks. Which was pretty cool to look at actually. Only Ian didn't discover his semblance yet out of us four, but we all assured him it would come with time. We all think it really will, especially once we're entering Beacon.

We all walked a little further, until we reached the point where Ian and me when to the right and they took a turn left.

Mike: "Well, see you all at Beacon! I mean, we'll all surely get in there. Not to make anyone over-confident or sound arrogant, but we're all talented enough for it."

Simon: "Yeah, especially me-"

Ian: "Shut up Simon, yeah Mike, we'll see you all there. We should hang out sometime again before then though."

Mike: "Well, you know how to contact me if you think you got a date that fits."

(Y/N): "We'll do that. See you guys later!"

We waved and then went our ways home. Onto the vacation and then later... Beacon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 99 26
In This Story, We Find A Little (Y/N), In His Adoptive 'Father's House, Weeping From The Pain Again. That Was The Usual For Him, His Dad, Sisters And...
49.9K 628 20
Your Parents were killed by the demon hunter Vergil.Summer found you in the woods and raised and abused you.The only people who heard your cries of h...
84.6K 734 4
You were born the son of Taiyang & Female Qrow, grew up unloved. At a young age you left a broken home to build a new life for yourself. Even went on...
117K 1.2K 16
Y/n has spent all of his life being treated like worthless trash, barely worth the oxygen he breathes. But after escaping an abusive home Y/n finds h...