The Bet (Just The Way You Are)

By ilurvbooks

When Drake Swift lost in a bet, his best friend wanted him to court a girl in a month and ask her to be his g... More

Updated!
The Bet (Very Important! Please Read!)
The Bet *Deal
The Bet *Plan
The Bet *Compromise
The Bet *Dream
The Bet *Guest
The Bet *Homesick
The Bet *Intruder
The Bet *Memories
The Bet *Serendipity
The Bet *Sparks
The Bet *Visitor
The Bet *Situation
The Bet *Adrenaline
The Bet *Contagious
The Bet *Revelation
The Bet *Reverse
The Bet *Snap
The Bet *Unexpected
The Bet *Daydreamer
The Bet *Surprise
The Bet *Temptation
The Bet *Hidden Truths
The Bet *Stalker
The Bet *Wrong Turn
The Bet *Dead End
The Bet *Unpredictable
The Bet *Cynical
The Bet *Statue
The Bet *Save Me
The Bet *Into the Wild
The Bet *Confusing Thoughts
The Bet *Foolish Heart
The Bet *Double Trouble
The Bet *Twisted Mind
The Bet *Secret and Lies
The Bet *Pretender and Believer
The Bet *Keep An Eye
The Bet *Skip A Beat
The Bet *Fortuitous Event
The Bet *Misguided Actions
The Bet *Truth and Dares
The Bet *Thirteen and Seventeen
The Bet *Real or Fake
The Bet *Darkness and Light
The Bet *Cloud 9
The Bet *Right Minus Wrong
The Bet *U-turn
The Bet *Hand Me Down
The Bet *Spur of the Moment
The Bet *Conflict of Interest
The Bet *Slumber Party
The Bet *Against All Odds
The Bet *Tug-Of-War
The Bet *Unfortunate Event
The Bet *Party Crasher
The Bet *Storyteller
The Bet *Metanoia
The Bet *Payback Time
The Bet *Falling Apart
The Bet *Losing Hope
The Bet *Futile Chance
The Bet *Confidant
The Bet *Poignant Confession
The Bet *Inseparable
The Bet *Epilogue*
Acknowledgements
The Bet Playlist
Special Chapter *Worth It
Special Chapter *Before The Bet

The Bet *Forever and After*

466K 3.5K 268
By ilurvbooks

There are two songs for this: Mine by Taylor Swift *Pie* and Look After You by The Fray *Draky*.

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 57 *Forever and After

~ Sophia

Speak Now World Tour

December 13, 2010

Grand Coliseum

Today is the day! I'm thrilled to see Taylor Swift perform live. I've been waiting for weeks! Finally, in just a matter of hours, we'll watch her sing in front of us. Thank God Draky got VIP tickets.

I check my things one last time and make sure I have everything I need.

The sound of the doorbell startles me. I grab my bag and quickly walk downstairs. They're probably here. My friends and I decided to go to the venue a few hours before the show starts so we'll be in front of the stage.

The anticipation of seeing Draky is indescribable. Ever since we became official as a couple, everything fits together like a puzzle.

Taking a deep breath, I pause in front of the door. When I open it, I'm surprised to see the person I least expect.

"Hi," he says.

"What are you doing here?" I ask incredulously. My mood suddenly changed when I look at him.

"Can I come in?"

"No."

Skye sighs. "I guess I'll just talk to you here."

"There's nothing to talk about," I say.

I'm not angry at him anymore. All the bitterness I felt has vanished. I don't want any bad emotions inside me. Besides, you have to forgive and forget in order to have a good life.

Perhaps I forgave Skye the same time I confessed to Draky. But that doesn't mean I want to do anything with him.

"Sophia," Skye says, as if I didn't say I don't want to talk to him. "I'm leaving. For good."

Unfortunately, curiosity gets the best of me. "What do you mean?"

"I won't come back here anymore." He smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes. "I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble. But I heard you and Drake are back together. I know you'll be happy with him."

I just stare at him while he talks. I don't know why he's saying these things now.

"I will treasure the times we were together," he continues. "You'll always have a special place in my heart. I just want you to know that. Maybe someday we'll cross paths again. Be safe, okay?"

Then he smiles one last time, turns, and walks away.

Skye.

Gone.

A huge possibility that I won't ever see him again. I don't know why I'm sad. Maybe because despite of what he did, there's still some part of me that cares for him. You can't just erase your affection for someone.

I'm not sure how many minutes I stayed outside. What makes me move is the sound of footsteps coming towards me.

"Missed me?" Draky says.

"Yeah," I mumble, hugging him. His arms make me safe and secured. This is what home feels like. Draky is my home now.

"Time to go!" Andre yells from inside the car. "We'll be late."

Draky rolls his eyes. "He's just excited to see his favorite singer."

"Aren't you?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"Of course I am." He grins. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah. Just let me lock the door."

I make sure everything's alright inside the house, and then I locked the door behind me and follow Draky in his car.

I sit on the passenger seat. Andre and Driana are on the back. We talk for a while, and become silent when left to our own devices. Well, except for Andre and Driana. They're speaking in low voices.

"Hey," Draky says, concern coloring his voice, "you're unbelievably quiet. What happened?"

I don't think twice in telling him. What's the point of having a relationship if you will keep secrets to each other?

"I saw Skye earlier," I say.

His hands clenched on the steering wheel. "Why? What did he want?"

"He said he's sorry for everything he did," I answer. "And that he's leaving. Probably never coming back again."

Draky takes my hand. "Are you okay?" he asks softly.

"Yeah," I murmur. "I was just shocked to see him. You know I don't do well with goodbyes. And even though he hurt me, once upon a time, he loved me."

Draky mutters something under his breath.

Frowning, I turn to him. "What?"

"Nothing."

Talk about not keeping secrets. "What?" I repeat. "Don't tell me you're jealous."

He pretends to be busy driving. "Of course not."

"Yes, you are."

"Fine," he mutters. "You had history together."

I don't know why I find it adorable that he's jealous.

"There's nothing to be worried about," I say, squeezing his hand. "Skye is my past. You are my present. And your future, if you want. . ."

"Of course," he says, interlacing our fingers. "I only want you. I need you in my life. Forever-"

Andre coughs suddenly. "These two love birds are starting."

"What?" I ask. "We're not doing anything!"

"You're confessing your love to each other. Again," he says amusedly, "As if I didn't already hear it for a hundred times."

"Do you want me to tell them how you planned your dates with my twin?" Draky says, glancing at Andre through the rearview mirror.

"No!" Andre shouts a look of horror on his face.

"Tell us," Driana chimes in.

"No, Drake!" Andre says, making wild gestures with his hands. "Don't tell them!"

"Why not?" Driana asks, pouting.

Draky smirks. "Yeah, why not?"

"Because we're best friends!" Andre states, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"And you're allowed to tease us?" Draky says dryly.

"Please! No!"

Driana purses her lips. "That's make us more curious, you know."

"It's a boy thing," Andre whispers loudly, which makes me laugh. "Don't tell me you don't have secret girl things."

"We don't," I say, grinning.

"Yes you do," Andre says. "For example, maybe you two fantasize Drake and me-"

"Shut up!" Driana and I say at the same time. This blush makes the situation more awkward.

"See?" Andre says, his lips twitching in delight. "That just proves my point."

And we continue like that for the rest of the drive.

I appreciate my friends. I really do. Especially they're trying to help me be happy after what occured earlier. And I know I'm okay. I'm already healed, and that's because of Draky. Who knew someone who broke your heart can help you fix it again?

Now I'm living my life one day at a time. Because I don't know how much time I'll have. In this world full of irony, you have to make your own path to follow. While you're at it, you won't realize you're making your own story.

When we arrive on the venue, I'm not that surprised to see a lot of people. Taylor Swift is famous after all. Andre and Driana decides to buy some drinks while Draky and I follow the line.

"Hey, are you a fan of Taylor Swift?"

"Nice one Sherlock," Draky murmurs in my ears. "Is it hard to guess?"

Turning to the person who spoke, I see a redheaded girl with green eyes. The huge smile on her face makes me think she's a bubbly person.

"Yes, we're a fan," I reply, smiling as well.

She grins. "That's cool! I've been a fan for years."

In the corner of my eyes, I see Draky shaking his head. I have an idea what he's thinking about.

"By the way," the girl says, "I'm Jhacki."

"Hello Jhacki," I say. "I'm Sophia, and this is Drake." I gesture to him.

"Nice meeting you," Draky says politely.

"You too!" she chirps.

"Are you alone?" I ask.

"No," she responds. "I came with my friends. They just went to the restroom." She glances over my shoulder and waves her hand in the air. "There they are!"

Twisting around, I find three girls and two boys coming towards us.

Draky takes his hands off me to tie his shoe.

"Guys," Jhacki says, greeting her friends, "This is Sophia."

"Hello," I say.

The new arrivals smile at me, and Jhacki starts to introduce them. "These are my friends; Roby, Jhaymar, Francine, Joneem, and Allie."

"Are you alone?" the dark haired guy asks. I think he's Roby. He's wearing a nerd glasses that hides his sea-green eyes.

"Actually--"

Draky's chuckle interrupts me.

Clearing my throat, I say, "This is Drake."

"Her boyfriend," he adds.

Roby looks away quickly.

And it becomes an awkward silence. Thankfully, Andre and Driana arrives.

I introduce them to Jhacki's friends. And then the organizer's open the gates and we go to our separate ways, telling our goodbyes.

My friends and I walk inside the Grand Coliseum, more thrilled than ever.

We give our tickets to the lady in charge and she directed us to our place.

Excited chatters fill the place, while waiting for the concert to start.

A few minutes later, I discern that Draky is awfully quiet. And with the way he acts, he's irritated.

"Hey. Are you annoyed?" I ask softly.

He scolds. "That guy."

"Who?" I ask, confused.

"Your new friend."

I heave a sigh. "Roby?"

"Yeah."

"What about him?"

"He thinks you're pretty."

"No, he doesn't," I say incredulously.

"Yes, he does."

I can't help but laugh. "You're a mindreader now?"

"No," he replies. "But I saw the way he was staring at you."

"Your imagination is running wild."

He rolls his eyes. "If someone likes you, you'd be the last one to know."

Crossing my arms over my chest, I stare at him ruefully. "What's the meaning of that?"

He sighs and puts the lock of hair behind my ears. "You don't know when someone is attracted to you."

"It's not. . I mean. ." Ugh. Why am I stuttering again?

"See?" he says, smiling.

"That's not true," I say stubbornly.

"You didn't even notice I was starting to like you." He shakes his head. "And that I was falling in love with you."

"Right," Andre chimes in.

"Dri?" I say, "A little help?"

She laughs softly. "Sorry Soph, but what they're saying is true."

"Aww, why are you all ganging up on me?"

"Let's gang up on Drake!" Andre suggests. "Do you know what he did when you found out about the bet?"

Draky stiffens. "You wouldn't."

Andre ignores him. "He was moping around, depressed--"

"Stop!"

"Thinking about what he did-- Ow!" Andre touches the arm where Draky smacked.

Draky is blushing- red like a tomato! It's such a bizarre thing, I want to take a picture of him.

"You're so cute!" Driana gushes.

"Shut up," he mutters, embarassed.

"You did a lot of things to win me back, didn't you?" I whisper.

He smiles softly and takes my hand. "It was worth it. Being with you. . . I can't even explain it."

I nod. "I understand."

My heart is beating loud from the anticipation of seeing one of my favorite artists. The atmosphere is-

"Are you excited?" Draky asks after a moment, a huge smile on his face.

There are times when I feel like dreaming. Until now, I can't believe he's mine. How in the world did he fall in love with me? It's surreal! What if he vanish and all of this will be gone like a puff of smoke?

"Hey," he says, squeezing my hand, "you're daydreaming again. What's the point of thinking when I'm here?"

"You're so-"

"So handsome?" he interjects. "So irresistibly good? So perfect?"

"So full of yourself," I say, laughing at his priceless expression.

His eyes smile mischievously, and before I know what he's up to, he plants a kiss on my lips.

"Drak-"

"Stop, you two," Andre says, pretending to be annoyed, "You're starting again! Why are you making me jealous?"

Andre is really funny. He's the joker in our group, never failing to make us laugh. A thought suddenly fills my mind, and I ask it without thinking twice.

"Andre, why me?"

"What?" he asks, confused.

"Why did you choose me?" I ask, giving him a meaningful look.

"Oh. That." His expression becomes thoughtful. He's like, processing the words in his head, trying to find a good way to tell us.

I look at Draky. "Do you know his reason?"

"No," he answers. "He said he'll tell me sometime."

"This is the right time," Driana says softly.

"I love my best friend," Andre says, while looking at me. "And I know you're the only one who can love him the way he deserves. But I'm sorry. Because of my plan, a lot of people got hurt. I guess I should have said everything in the first place." He shakes his head and gives me a sad smile. "It's just, the moment I saw you on the first day of freshmen year, I knew that you and Drake are perfect for each other. I'm sorry, yet I'm glad I'm right. Unfortunately, it took me so long to take my plan into action. But you know what they say; the beginning doesn't matter. What matters is the ending."

So, that's his reason. Straight to the point. We are all silent as we think it through.

"What's the bet?" I ask after a while.

Draky glances at Andre, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

"What?" I ask suspiciously.

"I don't think it's important," he replies.

"Still," I insist.

He sighs. "It was just a game, let's forget it." He seems embarrassed, and that makes me more curious. "Besides, some questions are better left unanswered," he says smoothly.

"And a little mystery is good for the heart," Andre adds.

I open my mouth to ask him again when Andre says, "Look, the concert is about to start."

My eyes turn to the stage where the lights start to change colors and smoke comes from the center.

Andre is distracting me, but I'm not giving up. I may not know their bet now but I know I will. I glance at Driana from the corner of my eyes and see her staring at me. We probably have the same line of thoughts-

"Drop everything now!" Taylor Swift comes out of the stage, singing Sparks Fly; the first song in her setlist. And so the show begins, and so is the singing, or should I say screaming crowd.

This will be a long night.

After two hours, the most awaited concert of the year has ended. My ears are ringing, there's a buzzing sound from somewhere inside my eardrums. My legs are shaking beneath me. My voice is raspy. But I'm so happy! This is the first concert I've watched and I'm glad it was Taylor Swift's concert.

We're all buzzing with excitement as we go home. We chatter, as if we're not tired. This is definitely one of the best days of my life.

~*~*~*~

And so, life continues normally. It goes on like before.

Days, weeks, months passed. It's almost graduation, and all the students are thrilled for the school year to end.

There are a lot of preparations, exams, and activities for senior students.

Still, Draky and I make time for each other. We plan dates together, sometimes with Andre and Driana. The thought of being separated from him is too much to bear so I don't think about it. Besides, I'm sure nothing will ever come between us.

Today is one of the days when we like to stroll to the park and just be together.

"I got in!"

"What?" I ask, confused.

I've never seen Draky excited like this. "I got in the college I applied to!"

"You did?" I say, almost jumping up and down in happiness. "What university? Congratulations! I know you can do it!"

He smiles softly, his eyes staring straight into mine. "That's because of you. You have a lot of faith in me."

"It's nothing," I mumble.

He takes both of my hands and says, "It's everything! You're my driving force. I studied really hard, did a lot of extracurricular activities, everything, just to get my grades up. Even the school administrators saw my effort, and they helped me as well."

"Why didn't I know this?" I ask, frowning.

"Because I wanted to surprise you!" He grins widely. He's so full of energy, it's contagious.

"Which University?" I ask, sharing his enthusiasm.

"Yale."

"Yale?"

"Yes!"

"Oh my!" I start to laugh, and then I can't stop. "Wow! Yale!"

"I know," Draky says, as if he can't believe it himself. "I passed the entrance exam, and I got the acceptance letter a while ago."

"Whoa!" I'm so overwhelmed I don't know what to say! So I go ahead and kiss him.

He's surprised, but he recovers quickly after a second. He puts his hand on my face while the other hand is holding my waist, pulling me closer to him.

No matter how many times we've kissed, it still feels like the first time. And I'm glad Draky can make me feel this way. After a breathtaking moment, we pause to breathe.

"See," I murmur, a huge smile forming on my face, "I told you that you can do it!"

He puts his hands on my face. "Thank you," he whispers. "You're so patient, teaching me with lessons I don't understand."

"That's-"

He puts his forefinger on my lips. "Let me finish," he says, smiling. "You believed in me when I didn't even believe in myself. You are always there for me. You're more than everything I've ever dreamed of."

"Drake," I murmur. What he's saying makes my heart burst with joy.

"Before I met you," he continues, "I didn't have a goal. I didn't care about life after high school. And then you came." He wipes the tears that are now flowing from my eyes. "You're the light in my darkest night. Because of you, I aspired to be a better person. All the bad habits are now replaced by good values. My family is restored because of you."

Is this real?

"I love you Sophia Taylor," Draky says. "What makes it unbelievable is you love me as well. I must be dreaming! If so, I don't want to wake up. I want to live in this fantasy forever."

"You're not dreaming," I murmur, happiness seeping through my bones, filling my body.

He smiles and kisses my forehead.

This is the real deal. Now I know why people can't define love. There are no words for what I'm experiencing right now.

"I know what I want to be," Draky says suddenly.

"What?"

"I want to be a writer."

"A what?"

"A writer," he says, smiling softly.

"Why?" I ask, surprised at his chosen field.

"I want to tell the world our love story."

"Our love story?"

"You really like repeating what I say, don't you?" he says amusedly.

I scratch my head and smile sheepishly.

"I'll bet our love story will get the attention of readers around the world."

Thinking about how we met, what we've been through, I think it will catch the attention of the readers.

I know I said this before: that we don't know what will happen in the future. (You just have to take care of the present, and the future will follow as well.) But I can guarantee that our love for each other is enough for us. Despite our differences, I believe that no storm can destroy our relationship. And we'll face every challenge head on as long as we're together.

Draky wraps his arms around me and says, "Our love story will be popular."

"I'll bet."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 5.6K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
93.2K 3.8K 45
Imagine having to go through something so horrifying that no one thought you could ever be the same. Then someone comes along to prove them wrong. F...
189K 13.3K 48
"Hey, I'm Kyler", he said forwarding his hand towards me. "I heard it when you introduced yourself", I replied. I hide my face by my hoodie a bit mor...
3.9K 132 101
***** Emma Pear definitely wasn't the most popular girl in her high school she was far from it most people would call her a nerd she got good grades...