Katara x male reader A Duo's...

By Poprocks0428

Y/N grew up in the South Pole as long he can remember. alongside his two best friends Katara and Sokka Durin... More

Before we start
We're going on a hunt*
The boy in the iceberg*
A Tough emotional training
100 years/ and Penguins
The avatar & the lighting bender?
Our escape & journey.*
Fire nation Revelation
Air vs lighting & Lemur!
Family
Island of Kyoshi
Girls can be warriors too
Story of my life
I feel pretty*
Girl power
Bee happy were going to omashu
Omashu: Grandpa Bonzu
Feast with the king, sleep in the cells
Secrets revealed
Two challengers and one crazy king
Fishing trip
No benders allowed
Let's go to prison
Words Of Courage
We fight for our freedom
Avatar's sick day
A Spiritual Knockout
More Questions Than Answers
All this For A Dead Guy!
Sages, Fireballs, ideas, oh my!
Y/N Greatest Deception
Ahoy! A Water Scroll
A Pirate's Salty Seas Are Not For Me
The freedom fighters
Expect the Unexpected *
One Big Misunderstanding *
N/A: Short stories?
N/A: Rip Ninjamain

A Water Bending and a Lighting Scroll?

3.5K 75 32
By Poprocks0428

"you know, I used to look up to pirates, but those guys were the worst," Aang said to the others, as they all sat around back in the forest, catching their breaths; after barely escaping those pirates.

" I find that really hard to believe Aang." Sokka said.

"why?"

"you're a monk and well, pirates are-"

"Nothing but trouble. Always have been, always will be."

" Why do hate pirate so much anyway Y/N?" Aang asked. As he heard the bitterness in Y/N tone once again.

"A group of pirates tried to rob our village, but our dad's and the other's stopped them." Sokka explained.

"Really?"

"Yeah, apparently they assume we had some valuables worth taking, and since we didn't have any water Bender in our village at the time, they thought we wouldn't put up a fight." Y/N explained.

"How long ago was this?"

"seventeen years ago Aang." Katara answered quietly. As if, she did not want to talk about it anymore. It only took Aang a moment or so, process, of what he was told.

"Wow. If I had known that. I never would have listened to that guy, and went inside they're ship."

Y/N:" it's okay Aang. Those pirate, they appear to be just as bad as those Pirates Hakoda, once described."

Sokka:" I still don't understand why they even came after us."

Aang:" Yeah. I'm still stumped on that too."

"I think I might know guys?" Katara said with a smile appearing on her face. Just before anyone could ask her what she meant by this. Katara swiftly dug through her pocket, only to then pulled out a water bending scroll.

" You took their water bending scroll?" Y/N said clearly surprised, as he and the others realized what Katara had done.

Katara:" Sure did."

"no wonder those guys try to hack us up Sokka said angrily. "You stole their water bending scroll!"

Katara:" I wouldn't consider it 'stolen' Sokka. I like to think that I was 'given' it through, 'honest' opportunities."

"Hey, I see what you did there. Good one Katara." Aang said as laughed at her joke.

"that was really risky back there Katara." Y/N said with a serious look on his face. "You pretty much put all our lives in danger, with what you just did."

Katara:" Y/N?"

"not bad Kat." Y/N added with a laugh as well. Not bad."

Sokka:" of course you would take her side."

Katara:" Sokka, where do you think they got it from? They obviously stole it from a Water Bender."

Sokka:" That doesn't matter. You put all of our lives at risk just so could learn some stupid, fancy splashes!"

Katara:" These are real water bending forms."

Y/N: " And would rather pay five hundred gold pieces for something that clearly wasn't there's, to begin with, either Sokka?"

Katara:" Exactly, and besides. You know how crucial it is for Aang to learn water bending."

Sokka remains quiet for a moment after hearing that, as he knew that they had a point, but instead of admitting it. He instead chose to remain annoyed with them. " Whatever guys. You already have the scroll anyway. So, no point in arguing about it now!" Sokka spoke, before he quickly got himself up, getting away from the others.

Aang:" well, what's done is done. We have the scroll now. We might as well learn from it."

Katara:" yeah, I suppose so."

Y/N:" Well then, I guess that's my cue to leave you both, too it then."

Katara:" you're not going to stick around and watch Y/N?"

" when it comes to you two water bending. I think I'll pass." Y/N said. As he soon began to stands up and started to move away from them

"I'm not even going to ask what you meant by that!" Katara shouted. As it was now just herself and Aang, now standing near the lake.

_______________________________

"Let's see. Oh, now this looks doable." Katara said as she spotted something on the scroll, that peeked her interest.

"The Water whip? Ha, that's actually kind of funny." Aang said as he looked at the scroll, that Katara told him to hold in place for her. "Hey, Y/N? I think your gonna have to have a serious talk with some of the people in the North Pole because I think they're stealing your moves! Huh?"

"What is it Aang?" Katara asked.

"Now that I'm looking at it. It does kind of look like it. Although Y/N, you do it without the extra hand movements."

"Really? Huh, maybe I should have a look at the scroll myself, to see if I can learn from it, as well." Y/N said. As he sat by the river alongside Sokka. As they both decided to watch Katara and Aang.

"How is a water bending scroll going to help you with your lightning?" Sokka asked Y/N curiously.

" I don't know? Maybe if I copy the movements on the scroll for myself, I could create a unique new ability."

"That sounds crazy." Sokka said sounding very skeptical of that idea.

"Hey, come on Sokka, don't 'knock' it, till you try it." Y/N said, still amused at the idea. Sokka sighs.

"Whatever dude."

" Hey guys, can you keep it down. Aang and I are trying to focus here, and Aang? Please just stand still, and just hold the scroll. I need to make sure I get this done right." Katara said sounding a bit impatient this time around.

"Jeez, somebody is eager today." Sokka said sounding a bit annoyed.

"Right. Sorry, Katara." Aang said, quickly fixing himself back in place, yet Katara remained quiet, as she only continued to stare at the scroll, doing her best to slowly began to mimic the movement of the water whip near the lake. At first, it looked like Katara was about to nail down the technique in her first attempt, but, she ended up making the water whip attack her somehow, instead.

"Oh, come on! How does that even happen? And what so funny?" Katara asked Sokka a bit angrily. As she saw him laughing at her first failed attempt.

" I'm sorry, but come on. You totally deserved that, Katara. Especially with how you been acting lately."

" What do you mean?" Aang asked.

"You've been duped Aang. Katara is only interested in teaching herself." Sokka explained.

"Really?"

"Yes, Aang." Sokka said. Before quickly gesture to Y/N. "Come on Y/N, back me up on this one."  Y/N knew Sokka was right, it was that blatantly obvious that Katara clearly only cares about teaching only herself at that moment.

"Nah, I think I'll stay out of this one Sokka."
Y/N said looking a little nervous, as he saw how Katara's eyes we're now looking at the three of them, almost like daggers.

"oh come on Y/N, you-"

"Aang will get his turn once I figure out the water whip Sokka." Katara said. Sounding a little more annoyed right now. Once everyone was quiet. Katara soon tried the whip again, only this time; instead of hitting herself this time. She only ended up hitting Momo instead.

"Oh, come on! Why can't I get this stupid move already?!"

"you'll get it Katara." Aang told Katara calmly, as he looked at the scroll, to try to do the water whip himself.

" how many tries do you think it going to Aang?" Y/N whispered to Sokka.

"one, I think?"

" you just have to shift your weight through the stances Katara." Aang explained. Only to then do the water whip himself, with ease. "You see that Katara. The Key to bending is-"

"would you please just shut your air hole!" Katara yelled out, as it finally looked like she was at her breaking point. " I swear Aang, your infinite wisdom can seriously get real old sometimes!"

"And here I thought we were the only competitive ones?" Y/N whispered.

"Guess not."

"You know what? Here's an idea. How about we just throw the scroll down the river, since your SO, NATURALLY, GIFTED! WHAT GUYS!"

Katara yelled out. As she notices how they were looking at her. Yet, they chose not to say anything, as Sokka only gesture her to look back at Aang; who clearly didn't look all that happy with what she just said.

" Oh, Aang? I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me." Katara spoke with guilt in her voice. Before she picked up the scroll. "Here, it's yours. I don't want anything to do with it anymore."

"It's okay Katara."

_______________________________

Later that night Y/N POV

"Wake up. You have so much to do. Little time to sulk"

"This again?" I said. As I soon realized I was back in some dark empty space of some kind. Hearing that same deep voice all around me.

Before you can learn of your abilities, you must master fire first."

"Well, I can't exactly do that, seeing as how I can't even create any ounces of it. No matter what I do."

"Fire must come from within you, not from your Rage."

"from within? What does that mean?"

"Wake up. It looks as though she hasn't quite given up on that scroll."

" Wait a minute! What do you mean by that other-"

"Wake up!"

" All mighty spirits!" I cried out. As I was abruptly awake. Inside my sleeping bag away from Sokka and the others. So it appears my yelling did not seem to wake anybody up.

"What in the world? What was with that dream? Was it even a dream?" I asked myself out loud. As I started to rub my eyes awake, only to hear the faint sound of what sounded like water splashing, in the river.

I quickly get up and check out Katara's sleeping bag, and sure enough, she wasn't even sleeping.  Just a large amount of grass inside, instead.

Assuming the worst I quickly grab my sword, before quickly but quietly making my way through the woods towards the source of the water splashes.

"Come on you stupid water. Work with me!"

"Katara!?" I called out as I got close enough to the source of all of that splashing, and realize who was behind it all.  However, the moment I do so. I'm soon met with a water whip to the face, just like Momo was earlier.

"Oh my gosh, Y/N?! What are you doing here?"   Katara screamed, as she quickly came towards me.

"Me?! I should be asking you that Katara. Man, that hurts!" I screamed. As I was rubbing my head on the ground.

"I just wanted to get this move down, that's all."

" I thought you said you were done with that scroll." I said. Katara soon offered her hand to me.

" I am, it just. I really wanted to master the water whip, and I think I almost got it." Katara immediately goes back to the water and tries to the water whip again, only from what I was seeing. It looked like she was just splashing around in the water like some angry six-year old.

"oh, Katara." I said quietly. Before glancing at the scroll, and causally walking behind her in the river.

"Y/N, what are you doing?! I almost-" Katara screamed. As I firmly held onto both of her arms.

"relax Katara." I spoke calmly. " Take deep deep breaths, and again, relax. Don't force the water to work for you. Work with it."

"I am calm Y/N, and will you please let go of my arms!?"

"No, not until you do as I say." I said firmly this time.

"Y/N let go. Your 'hurting me'!"

"You and I both know that not true, Katara. Now come on, just do what I'm telling you to do. You want to learn the water whip, right?" Katara again seemed annoyed and a little reluctant at first, but eventually agreed. As she slowly began to calm herself down, before taking a few deep breaths.

Alright Y/N, I'm calm. Now what?" Katara said. As Y/N started to slowly move her arms together.

" Notice how I'm moving your arms, Kat?" Katara sighs.

"Yeah, I do. You're moving them as if I'm doing the water whip myself."

"Exactly." I quickly let go of her arms, slowly backing myself, out of the water. "Now I want you to do the same thing, as before. Calm, focus and remember to work with the water, don't force it"

Again Katara only shook her head in disbelief, before she did as he said. It took a few attempts, like before. Only this time she managed to maintain her composer until she eventually got it on her fifth attempt.

I did it. I finally did it!" Katara shouted out in joy. Before she quickly did it again, without even thinking about this time. "Finally!"

"And to think, all you just needed to do was to keep calm, and forget about Aang, being 'gifted'."

Oh, right? Aang." Katara said slowly. As it looked like she remembered what she did earlier." great, now I feel even more awful."

"Katara? It wasn't your fault, you were just jealous that Aang was picking up water bending faster than you could." Y/N explained.

"Was it that obvious Y/N?"

"It definitely was Katara. I mean, I can't say I blame you, though. You really didn't have anyone back home to teach you."

" I still shouldn't have lashed out at Aang like that."

"Katara?" Just before I could finish on what I wanted to say. Katara and I soon hear what sounded like a metal ship docking itself near us.

"Did you hear that Y/N?" Katara asked quietly.

I think it came over there." I said as I pointed near the bushes. That we're a few feet away from us. The moment the two us looked in the bushes, however, that's when we both saw the small metal ship, alongside the pirates and their ship, we ran from earlier.

"It's Zuko and the pirates. How did they find us?" Katara asked me in a panic.

" I don't know, but we need to get back to camp and warn Sokka and Aang, before- ouch!"

"Y/N?"

" Something pricked me on the neck." I said. Only to realize it was a dart that hit me. "Oh, that's what got me." I immediately begin to feel light-headed, as I said that.

"Y/N?!"

"Katara? I think, ... your gonna have to, lea, leave me-" Before I could finish on what I wanted to say. I quickly collapsed from the effects of the dart, where I slowed started to lose consciousness.

"Y/N?!"

"I'll protect you two from the pirates."

"crap Zuko."
_______________________________

I'm not sure how long I've been out of it, but one moment I was with Katara in the woods. To then somehow waking up in the middle of a desert.

"How in the world, did I end up all the way out here?" I asked myself out loud. Only to hear my own voice echo all around me. Before I could even ponder on my own question any longer. I soon felt as if I was moving across the desert extremely fast, and everything around me looked completely blurry. Eventually, though I came to a massive halt. Where I now stood in front of what looked like a tower, in the middle of the desert. Then soon after, I eventually found myself standing in some kind of massive hallway; surrounded by massive amounts of scrolls, books, manuscripts, and more.

" am I in some kind of, ..library?"  I asked myself in utter confusion. As I  started to walk around  'said library.' And if I were, to be honest with myself.  The library itself not only seemed like it went on forever, but I also had this strangest feeling as though I was also being watched. " What's this?" I said. As I notice a scroll with a red and gold dragon insignia on it.

" So you are Indra's successor?" As I turn around to look at the deep voice that spoke. What I saw nearly terrified me.

" Holy Spirit's, a giant talking owl?!"

" And you're an impulsive, short-tempered brat!" The forty-foot tall, black and white owl spoke loudly. So loudly in fact, that the hallways themselves began to shake.

" I meant no disrespect si, sir? It just that, I've never seen anything-"

"Like me before." The owl concluded. " Like Indra. You too lack spirituality." Just before I could answer back. The owl immediately took the scroll from my hands. " No surprise there."

"Who are you and where are we?" I asked the owl.

"I am Wong Shi Tong, He who knows ten thousand things and you are in my library, mortal."

"Well, it is an honor to meet you-"

" If you wish to learn Indra secrets within the scrolls. You not only need to find my library within the Si Wong Desert but you must also offer me something in return."

"Like what?"

"Knowledge is the only thing I asked for. However, it must Knowledge that I am unfamiliar with. I am a Knowledge seeker after all."

"How do I offer you unknown Knowledge, if you yourself know ten thousand things? And how do I even find this place?"

" You ask a lot of questions, mortal? A Knowledge seeker at it's, bare minimum."

"Is that an insult or a compliment?" I asked Wong.

" I'll leave that for you to decide, mortal child." it seemed like Wong was about to leave, but just before he does so. " it seems as though our time has come to an end. Until next time, mortal." And just like that, it soon felt as though someone was pulling me out of the library, and out of the desert, and eventually; everything soon became dark, and empty.

" Wake up! You've allowed yourself to be caught off guard. Now your friends are in trouble."

"it's not like I intentionally got myself caught." I spoke out loud at the same deep voice.

"But you did, and you now have to figure out a way, to get out of it."

" Are you ever going to tell me who you are?"

"You already know the answer. Now, wake up."

Everything around me soon became dark, and soon after that, my head started to hurt. In fact, I soon began to hear what sounded like voices, all around me.

" Y/N? Y/N?!"

"Katara?" I said quietly, as I slowly started to wake up. That when I realized I was now tied up on a tree, and a few away from Katara.

"Thank goodness your alright Y/N." Katara said with worry in her voice.

" How long have I've been out? I asked. I still felt a bit dizzy. However, before she could answer. I soon heard someone I clearly didn't feel like dealing with at the moment.

" Y/N. You're awake. Good. You had me worried there for a second."

"Zuko?"

"Aww. What's wrong? You seem quiet. No snarky remarks this time, pal?" Zuko spoke arrogantly to me.

N/A: Cliffhangers, everyone's favorite part of fanfiction stories. And that it. For now, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you enjoyed your holidays, and have a happy new year's everyone

Ps. In case you don't know I just released two new chapters of my new RWBY story, feel free to check it out if you haven't already, on my profile.

Until next Poprocks out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863K 23.5K 130
Elua's purpose has always been to protect and help her brother, Avatar Aang, keep balance to the world. One night, her brother runs away from home. S...
108K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...
17.4K 763 28
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
50.3K 1.8K 45
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. The four elements of the world, all work together in harmony for the benefit of those born into it. However, the balance of...