Angel's Kiss, Demon's Touch...

נכתב על ידי CherryBones

The Origin of Species Chronicles: A psychiatric asylum plagued by demons. Two orphans destined to break free... עוד

1.Haze
2.Solitary
3.Frost
4.Four Musketeers
5.Deception
6. Demon's Code
7. Colorful Isolation
8. Reporting Lies
9. Stars
11. Sign Language
12. Faerie Sitter
13. Caught in the Act
14. Burning Feathers
15. My mǣnōn
16. Small friend, Big Suprise
17. Clipped
18. Safe House
Authors Note.

10. Faeries Bond

257 17 0
נכתב על ידי CherryBones

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No part of this publication may be reproduced.

10. FAERIES BOND

Flying through headquarters, I landed near the eon old building that contained the Realm Relocation Center.  Folding my wings, I straightened my white shirt in my dark blue suit pants and closed my matching suit jacked as I walked towards the heavy oak doors.  A small fawn opened the doors. “Traveling Sergeant?” The fawn asked with a smile. “In matter of fact, yes I am, I have some business in Iallium.” I said walking past him with a friendly nod. “Happy gate transfer Sergeant!” The fawn yelled after me, as he closed the big doors again. It didn’t take long before I was in front of the Realm Relocation desk that was being attended by a female centaur. “Where to and how long Sergeant?” She asked with an outstretched hand. “Only to Iallium, my return will be this evening.” I explained as I gave her my Realm passport. “So short Sergeant? Don’t forget to have a holiday for once in your life. You might live longer than us creatures but don’t forget to have some fun here and there.” She remarked as she handed me back my passport with its needed documentation. “I’ll remember that.” I commented smiling as I walked out of the office.

Heading through a big marble hall I passed more centaurs, one by one they checked my realm ID and guided me towards to the next checking area. The centaurs were loyal and strong beings, always holding an unbiased view on every situation. Through that trait they gained a lot of power and held almost every high political seat in every realm. However the highest seat was and would always remain to be that one of the dragons. Never the less I had respect for the centaurs and so did the rest of our society. Several checks later I finally reached the realm gate that would port me to Iallium.

The realm gate was an old yellow stone gate, engraved with every creature that our realm held. Covered with vines and flowers it was imbedded in sacred grass blooming with tiny flowers that were surrounded by little fireflies and butterflies. Inside the gate there was a moving mist that resembled a moving galaxy constantly changing in color and shape. As I passed my last checkpoint I stuffed away my realm passport and walked onto the sacred grass allowing all the butterflies and fireflies to surround me as I made my way towards the gate.

Walking up onto the old yellow stone steps, I watched all the small creatures return to their flowers.  Smiling, I glanced back and forth as I determinately walked through the gate, for I was on a personal mission and I was going to set it through. A warm feeling engulfed me and my stomach knotted, creating the same feeling as if falling down at a high velocity for a long time. The feeling was exhilarating and yet freighting at the same time. Not long and I was standing on the white stone steps of the Iallium’s gate.  The centaurs waited for me to cross the sacred grass and reach them on the marble floor of the next check point.

Finally reaching the outside I gazed up at the sunny sky that was buzzing with flying traffic. Stretching my wings I leaped off into the sky joining the other flying creatures. It took me half an hour to get out of the big city and another hour to fly all the way out to one of the more isolated tribes of our kind. Closing in on the tribe’s location I was obliged to fly lower in between the trees if I wanted to reach my final destination. To reach said location, one had to go through some difficult tests to obtain their rite of passage.  The constantly changing fauna and flora maze with its countless booby traps were their way of testing ones skill in tracking, logic, agility and strength before allowing other creatures to employ one of their own.  After a couple close calls I finally reached the tunnel that led me to the heart of their tribe. Flying past wider spaced trees abuzz with Faerie activity I picked up my speed, as I tried to locate their main courtyard.  Every large tree I passed held many different sorts of tree houses all connected with vines, moss and flowers surrounded by tiny purple fireflies and a constantly changing aura. It was Realmly known that Faeries made the most breathtaking constructions. It also was well-known that it was very dangerous to stare at them too long, so I sped up my speed for I was not going to get lost in the heroin induced starlight aura.

The courtyard slowly came into view as my eye fell onto the only building that was architected for creatures other than Faeries. I gracefully landed in front of the large beautiful wooden structure that was completely covered in moss and flowers.  “Sergeant! What A Surprise!” said the tribe head smirking wide as he flew up to my height. “So it seems, Gafner.”  I said reluctantly, not wanting to hear the rest of his annoying speech. “I always thought it was peculiar that you were the only angel who didn’t even have one Faerie in his employment.” Gafner pointed out as he guided me through the large doors of the recruitment office. “Well, this is your lucky day. Well not ‘your’ lucky day. I must say, you got quiet old since the last time I saw you trying for a position with me.” I commented with a big smirk. Gafner’s smiled disappeared into a thin line and glared at me, obviously annoyed.  I decided that it probably wasn’t a good idea to enrage and ridicule the head Faerie who had an entire tribe of lethal Faeries just sitting outside.

“However Gafner, I always knew you were destined for greater things than working for just another angel. I must say I was very proud when I heard you had become the new tribe leader.” I said, as I tried to smooth out the deathly atmosphere. “Yes, it seems I got more advantages with your decline and I’m glad how it turned out.” He commented as a proud smile returned to his small face. “However Sergeant, besides my achievements, we all know that the greatest honor for a Faerie is to work with an angel. Not to mention the doubling of our lifespan!” Gafner pointed out, as he made a large ledger appear out if thin air. “Now, Zophiel, in this ledger you will find every Faerie graduated from the Faerium Acaedium, including all their specifications and skills. Look through it carefully and decide who you want to bestow this honor on. Please take all the time you need, for this Faerie will be with you until his or hers life-force rejoins with Mother Nature. I don’t think I need to remind you of how binding this sort of contract is.” Gafner emphasized as he slowly flew out of the building. Looking back at the ledger I let out a long sigh. ‘Okay let’s get this over and done with’ I thought, as I flipped open the large cover.

“Ooh, not a bad choice, Angel.” A Purple glowing Faerie said that had just appeared out of thin air as it held on to a little orchid. I stared at the Faerie who was obviously in different proportions then normal Faeries. “She’s good with knifes. I would know. She pinned my wings against a tree once from a kilometers away. Very good shot!” The Faerie explained, with the biggest smile. I gave the Faerie a questioning look but it just smiled. Well, a creature that could do something that cruel to one of their own was automatically declined. I commenced flipping the pages until I found another possible applicant. “Ooh, not a bad choice. He is very good with the Earth element. I would know. He made a whole cave once with me inside, took me a month to get out. He’s really good with his element!” The Faerie continued. This went on until I had almost reached the last pages of the entire ledger. “Ooh, not a bad choice.” The Faerie began. “Stop! Just stop talking! How can you be so nice about all these creatures that have hurt and humiliated you?” I demanded confused and outraged. 

“I. No one has ever. It isn’t my place. They are all Acaedium. I’m not.” The faerie uncontrollably stuttered. The creature was obviously confused and had absolutly no idea how or where to begin. “Shhh, stop. It’s okay, because this madness is going to stop. You’re coming with me.” I determined, knowing that this little creature and I were going to have more in common than any other applicant. Not to mention that I actually felt a lot more at ease with this Faerie than any other that I had ever met. “I. I can’t. I’m useless and I haven’t been to Acaedium. I will be of no use. I won’t be an asset, they’ll never allow it.” The frightened creature rambled, already slowing flying towards the open window. “Stay. What is your name Faerie?” I asked, determined of my choice. “My name’s Snofu, but they will never allow… me, taken over Acaedium applicant ”Snofu mumbled scared and concerned for his wellbeing. “As far as I’m concerned, it has always been the angels’ choice, not your tribes. So sit down please.” I said trying to calm him down. “GAFNER!” I yelled behind me as I noticed Snofu completely stiffen and lose the color in his face.

“Have you made your choice Sergea… What. Are. You. Doing here Snofu??” Gafner exploded. “Gafner, I would appreciate it if you didn’t yell at my chosen applicant.” I said with a large smile. “Snofu? But He isn’t even an applicant Zophiel!! Oh Mother Nature, I can’t believe you chose Snofu!” Gafner kept rambling, trying to convince me that I had made a terrible and horrible choice. However it only increased my determination in getting this particular Faerie. “Gafner, I’m taking Snofu. So make the contract!” I yelled at him, obviously having had enough of all the bullying and maltreatment. “Fine! But remember this contract cannot be broken, are you absolutely certain?” Gafner asked accepting my choice. “Yes, bind us.” I said as I looked at Sonfu. “I accept the bond.” Snofu said happily, looking at me with big sparkling eyes of gratitude. “Then it is decided. Please follow me to the sacred tree.” Gafner said annoyed, slowly flying out, signaling us to follow.

As we made our way deeper into the forest, we were joined by the rest of the tribe, until we finally reached their sacred tree. It was one of the largest and thickest trees I had ever seen. Covered in the same fauna and flora as their tree houses it was completely enlightened by its beautiful and trance like aura. At the base of the tree a small spring carried northern light colored water throughout its forest.  Gafner floated towards the base and with a lot of chanting and sparkling, a large crystallized goblet appeared out of the water.  He signaled Snofu and me to stand at opposite sides of the stream as he floated effortless above it. When we reached our positions the whole tribe started chanting the ritual hymn. “Blood will bind thee.” Gafner said, and we both stretched out our hands above the goblet. A moonstone dagger sliced our hands as the hymn got louder.  Our blood fell simultaneously into the goblet as I felt a tingling sensation start to flow throughout my entire body. “Dust will bind thee.” Gafner said as we orientated our wings above the goblet. The moonstone dagger clipped my two largest feathers simultaneously with Snofu’s two largest wings. We held our excruciating pain inside, knowingly respecting the meaning of the action. The pain and tingling increased as the chanting hymn became louder.

“Mother nature binds thee in unity.” Gafner chanted as the sacred tree formed a small new branch. The branch slowly grew bigger as it covered itself with leaves and flowers until it reached the goblet. At the end of the branch a small bud formed. That bud kept increasing in size until it cracked open, its fluidic content dripping into the goblet. The entire tribe stopped singing as the last droplet fell into the goblet. “Mother Nature has blessed thee with this binding union. May you both prosper and grow throughout your life bond, until one or both of you return to Mother Nature’s embrace.” Gafner chanted, as he mixed the contents of the goblet into a completely fluid mixture.  The chanting returned and the mixture floated up into the air on the rhythm of the hymn. Four perfect little vibrating orbs with liquid appeared out of the goblet. In sync with the rhythm, the two orbs each started floating in our direction. Opening our mouth we both accepted the orbs, as we did, light and heat exploded in and all around us.

When the light finally disappeared it took my pain and tingling sensation with it. I looked at my proud Faerie beaming and sparkling in a mix of our colors. His two largest wings had been returned in my dark blue and silver colors, with that I looked at my own two largest feathers who were now intricately decorated with his sparkling purple marks. “Congratulations and safe flight.” Gafner said, as he bowed his head. The entire tribe followed his actions, Snofu and I returned their bows. “Thank you, Gafner.” I said nodding in his direction. “Okay Snofu off we go!” I said with a big smile and I leaped off into the air. “I’ll make you proud Zophiel.” Snofu promised as he zoomed proudly beside me. He did his outmost best to stay beside me the entire trip towards the gates of Iallium and I knew I had made a bond that I would never regret. 

_______________________________________________________

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

135 32 24
Two immortals different from their own world discover one another in the forest. Their attention for each other thrive like a vine of becoming one...
65 5 10
A war veteran struggles to cope with his trauma as he is dragged into a war between Vampires and humanity.
300 0 62
In an alternate reality where mystical creatures (likes elves, fairies, vampires, and the likes) live out in the open, four lost siblings that were...
15 0 8
A fictional story set in an alternate modern earth. A group of people have mysteriously gained unnatural and powerful abilities around the same time...