[1] The Nanny; prequel to The...

By BriFlare

BOOK ONE | When she appears on the doorstep of wealthy single father Maddox Maxwell's New York home, the stri... More

The Nanny
Cast
Playlist
Gallery
Epigraph
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
The Sequel

Chapter One

6.4K 226 23
By BriFlare

Chapter One
————————————
The Nanny

Cardi had finished having a conversation on the phone with the owner of the strip club where she worked. She couldn't help but do her happy dance and stick her tongue out.

"Girl, I'm about to make this money today," Cardi said.

"Girl, What are you talking about?" Queen asked.

"Big Papa got me this job dancing at this private party for a bunch of wall-street ballers," Cardi answered.

"Bish, you lucky as fuck." Queen said.

"I know right? Now, help me find a classy outfit to wear 'cause I cannot look like a cheap hooker walking the streets of Manhattan." Cardi said as Queen and she entered her closet.

"Girl, where are all those cute outfits you got from momma Cardi?" Queen asked.

"Over there," Cardi answered, pointing to the box.

"Why you ain't take them out of the box?" Queen asked.

"I don't have the space for them," Cardi answered.

"Oh girl, this is the one," Queen said, holding up a two-piece red outfit.

"Okay, let me go put it on," Cardi said.

————

Maddox Maxwell at his desk filled with job applications of what were supposed to be the best people for the job.

He gathered all the best people he heard of from workers and close friends.

He was surprised to find that there were no more applications left. After all, the job they were applying for wasn't an easy one either.

"This is too fucking much to handle," Maddox said as he let out a groan.

He is currently doing interviews with nannies to watch his children while he handles his business but it wasn't working out. Suddenly there was a knock on his office door and his two best friends, Axel and Rocco walked inside.

"Hey, man," Rocco said

"What's up, guys," Maddox said.

"How are things going with the nannies?" Axel asked

"It's not great. All these nannies I'm interviewing are horrible." Maddox answered.

"You'll find someone man. It's just gonna take some time." Rocco said.

"I don't have time," Maddox said.

There was a knock on the door and then Jean walked in.

"There's a woman at the door," Jean said.

"Let her in," Maddox said.

"Let's hope this is the one," Axel said.

————

Cardi grabbed a cab and headed to the address Big Papa gave her. Cardi paid the taxi driver and got out of the cab. She walked up to the door and took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. She heard footsteps on the other side of the door and it opened revealing a man with an apron on.

"Good, you must be here for the job." He said.

"Yes, I am," Cardi said.

"Follow me." He said.

Cardi entered the house and closed the door then followed the man to the living room.

"Sit here and I'll let you know when to come in." He said, walking away.

Cardi took a seat on the couch pulled out her phone and started taking selfies and replying to messages from her mom, sister, Janay, and Queen.

"Miss, If you're done with whatever you're doing. Please follow me." The man, who Cardi has now figured out is the butler said.

"Okay," Cardi said as she put her phone away and stood up to fix her clothes and hair.

Cardi entered a comfortably sized office. It was filled with thick books on ceiling-high shelves, a leather couch arrangement, and an unlit fireplace in the corner.

A man in his early thirties sat at a large desk close to the window front. There were also two men sitting in front of the desk. They were all looking at her. They had to be the most handsome men she had ever seen. Cardi looked up them up and down then smiled.

"Hey, I'm Cardi." She said, introducing herself.

"Maddox Maxwell. Cardi? What kind of name is that?" The man behind the desk asked.

"It's the kind that my mom chose to name me," Cardi answered.

"Oh, I like her."

"Shut up, Axel."

"Anyway, Cardi do you have your resume with you?" Maddox asked.

"Why would I bring my resume?" Cardi asked.

"For the position of being my children's nanny," Maddox answered.

"Oh shit, I must be in the wrong house," Cardi said.

"I don't understand," Maddox said.

"My boss gave me this address to attend an event but I guess I didn't listen correctly cause I'm not here for a job interview," Cardi said.

"Maddox, you're desperate for a nanny so hear me out. Why don't we give Cardi here a chance at being your nanny." Axel said.

"Axel, are you crazy?" Rocco asked Axel with a shake of his head.

"Shut up, Rocco," Axel said.

"She doesn't have experience with children," Rocco said.

"I used to babysit and tutor children at the library during my college days," Cardi said, smiling.

"See she has experience," Axel said.

"Babysitting and being a nanny are two different things," Maddox said.

"Cardi, are you CPR certified?" Axel asked.

"Yes," Cardi answered.

"Do you speak more than one language?" Axel asked.

"English, Yiddish, and Spanish," Cardi answered.

"Can you cook?" Axel asked.

"Yes." She replied.

"Can you drive?" Axel answered.

"Nope." She answered.

"Oh she was almost perfect but you could just provide transportation," Axel said.

"Maddox, tell me you're not considering hiring her," Rocco said.

Maddox nevertheless kept a straight face and cleared his throat.

"If you take on this position, you'll be a live-in nanny, it means working and living here. You will work 20 hours and have the remainder of the day off. You are entitled to 20 days of paid annual leave, provided they do not collide with the family's schedule." Maddox said.

Cardi stared at him like he was crazy. When she did not protest or ask further questions, Maddox continued talking.

"You will get an hourly rate of $25. You are entitled to medical and dental plans as well as vision insurance." Maddox said.

"Whoa, you're desperate, huh?" Cardi asked.

Maddox's lips stretched into a forced smile.

"Do you want the job or not?" Maddox asked.

"Yeah, sure, let's do this. Why not." Cardi answered with a Cheshire cat grin.

————

"Cardi, you're lying," Fran said as she listened to her daughter tell her about her new job.

"And momma I swear I'm not lying this time," Cardi said as she handed her mom the package that Maddox gave her.

"Maddox Maxwell. Oh, God that wealthy single father hired you to be his nanny. This sounds too similar to what happened to me." Fran said.

"But I won't fall in love with my employer," Cardi said.

"Listen to me, Cardi, don't be a fool like me. If you get a chance at love then I want you to take it. Do you understand me?" Fran asked.

"Yes, ma'am," Cardi answered.

"Good, now you can quit that stripping job and finally settle down," Fran said.

"I'll settle down when you call Maxwell and admit you still love him," Cardi said, quickly jumping out of her chair and hiding behind her younger sister who just walked into the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Nettie asked.

"Cardi brought up Maxwell Sheffield again," Fran answered.

"Cardi, Do you want momma to kill you? You know he's a soft subject for her." Nettie said.

"Sorry, I just can't believe she's in love with him but wants nothing to do with him. He comes by almost every week just to try and talk to her but she's hiding from him. It just doesn't make any sense to me." Cardi said.

"My life doesn't have to make sense to you. Just respect my decisions, Cardi." Fran said.

"Fine, now let's go pack up my things," Cardi said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 172K 51
Story is published on Amazon (kindle and paperback) Smashwords, and more! When Antonio Russo's wife was dying of breast cancer, he went to an agency...
4M 78.3K 45
"I'm not gonna have sex with you baby. Not yet. Just a little fun with the help of some old toys." He smirked and then it suddenly hit me. He stole t...
142K 4.1K 119
Michael Afton has never had very much money, since his family passed away he's been scraping by living alone. Having to provide for the house, Michae...
5.2M 191K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...