A Vampire's Pride

By glazeisaunicorn215

"Kilian Vergio." I whisper his name, almost frightened to say it. The fire flickers as I stare at the summoni... More

A Vampire's Pride
The Summoning
Strike A Deal
The Disappearance
The Satanic Voyage
Portal To Holdrex
Meeting Maybe Claire
Dick Measuring
War And Destruction
Will Be Abrupt When
Ice & Flame
Darkness Whispers
On My Knees
Crushing On Evil
Girl Talk
Traitorous Help
Trapped and Frustrated
Devilish Minds, Tortured Thoughts
The Spirit Of The Door
Game plan
The Gateway
The Half Breed
Raging frost
Grave And Stone
Trek to Tenora
Crescendo Shattering
Who Can You Trust
Old Friends
Under The River
Murderous eyes
A Father's Tracks
Deceit Of A Demon
Bandaged Wounds
Ruler Of Cyron
The Raksha's Request
One Step Closer
The Faded Sign
Cats Of Curiosity
Black Cauldron Spirits
Bad And Groovy
The Interruption
Bitter Sweet Taste
A Date With Doom
Where Townfolk Talk
Spun Golden Thread
Tonight We Scheme
Volcanic Rock And Barbegazis
Jewel Of Blood Red
Sentimental Sentinels
Betrayal Has A Name
All The Way Up
Facing truth
You Again
At My Mercy
Just A Little Breakage
The Best For Criminals
Hail For The New King |18+
In The Afterwake
Luminescent Cobalt Blue
For The Love Of A Daughter
Blood Amongst Kin
No Trust For The Wicked
A Villain Is One Of Us
The Miscalculation
Somebody's Fool
Three Kings At War
The Scene Unfolds
Captive Dragon
Enemy In Law
The Initiation Ritual
A Plea From Silent Lips
Glory To The King
A New Home

By The River

10.2K 594 35
By glazeisaunicorn215

Viola's POV

               That night, I struggle trying to lull myself to sleep. We had called it a night after my heart froze, Claire noticed my lips had started to turn a wicked shade of frosted blue. I hadn't thought of anything else, not of the entrance of Settrinos, not of the spirit of the door— only Kilian.

               The mere demon prince that has the willpower to build me up, or to crumble me to bits. It was in the prophecy, and it killed me not knowing if he was the sentence of my death, or the beacon of light that would save me. Considering his past, I'd go with the death one.

               I feel as if my eyes remained open all night, I hadn't felt well rested at all. Tossing and turning until daylight broke and a pink glow filled my tent. I shifted uncomfortably in my bed, knowing that people would be awake soon and I still hadn't gotten a minute of sleep. Rage wells up in my chest, and I curse Kilian's name in my mind over ten times.

I was lying if I said I hadn't tried blaming him for everything— but the fault always comes to me. Frustrating as that may be, I guess a bit of accountability isn't so bad. Dad always said that the bigger man will take responsibility of their faults, no matter how small. In this case, summoning a demon who'd been trapped for centuries and then striking multiple deals; dealing my fate, wasn't exactly a minimal thing. I wasn't proud of what I'd done, but I somehow feel five steps closer to finding my blood, and that gave me more relief than anything.

Dragging myself out of bed was harder than taking responsibility for my actions— as if I were the old crone instead of Varla. My muscles popped and joints ached as if I'd done twenty five sets of sit ups yesterday.

"Jesus." I mumble, rubbing the crust out of my eyes and scanning them over the grimoire. It was a precaution of mine— I still wasn't done checking every page out, and the nerves that I'd get at the thought of Varla finding out I'd taken it were erupting every five seconds. Goosebumps littered my arms at every anxious thought that struck, and I was tempted to skip my morning bath in order to finish reading it.

                Deciding that I'd make myself sit down and study it after a bath and breakfast, I grabbed a turquoise towel folded neatly inside of my camp. I guess while I'd been sleeping Claire or someone had dropped off a couple toiletries, like a toothbrush and hairbrush. A couple things that you'd take to a hospital— except this wasn't a hospital. This was a war camp filled with husky, sweaty, non humans; training to kill. Soon they'd be awake, but I'd be sure to finish my bath before any of those warriors finished their last snore.

Creeping past Kilians tent, I tiptoe towards the area that Claire had mentioned there'd be a river stream. The blue jays chirped happily as the suns rose to form the morning sky, enlightening me with milky pinks and golden hues. After walking for about ten minutes, I managed to find the Clearwater stream that Claire had been talking about, and I really took a minute to take it all in. Jagged rocks created soft ripples in the flowing current, and it looked deep enough for me to get a quick full body soak.

Dipping my big toe I squealed in delight, not realizing that it'd be that frosty in the morning with the sunshine beating down on it.

"Just the temperature I like." I shake my shoulders in glee, doing a little dance before stripping off my dirty clothes. I'm sure I'd be able to find another outfit in my tent drawer, I just hadn't checked. Enveloping my entire body into the stream I purr at the sensation as my nipples harden at the temperature. I go on about my usual bath schedule, washing my locks of hair, soaping my body up— and brushing my pearly whites. I was almost done when I'd heard the rustle of leaves in between the trees.

"Ocupado!" I call out in a hum, not really worrying if someone saw me in my Mother Nature form. Shake what your momma gave ya, right?

          "I didn't realize." A husky voice drawls out as a bulky figure of a man steps out. Kilian.

           "Well now you do." I smile dryly as I continue rubbing the suds off of me. I try my best to ignore his wandering stares as I hum a tune I grew up listening to— a tune of harmonies and happiness, something a demon would know nothing about.

          "You're still here." I deadpan, glancing back at him in irritation. "Should I hang a sign that says 'do not disturb.'?" By now, I've finished bathing and am itching to take my pruned toes out of the water, but Kilian standing there has me questioning my confidence. It was there a moment ago—while I was bathing and distracted. The thought of emerging myself out of the cold blanket of water and walking past him stark naked had me questioning if I was really as straight forward as I liked to believe.

           A smirk graces his lucious, mischievous lips as he takes a seat on a large boulder, stretching his arms. I take note of the fact that he's shirtless, and had probably planned on bathing before everyone else also. The tattoos of his deals litter his arms like scorch marks burning his flesh, marring him with cruel designs of temptation and humor.

         "What's wrong? Feeling shy now?" He murmurs as I wrap an arm around my breasts, staring at him from underneath my lashes.

           This asshat could be my destruction? I'd like to see that happen.

           "What do you want?" I grind out, tone deadly. Everything this man does is a game— and nothing matters to him. He doesn't feel like a normal human, and I'd reminded myself of that about five hundred times throughout the night. I clear my throat as his eyes swiftly glance at my pink cheeks, and his grin broadens.

"Show me what you can do." He says, tone serious but eyes playful. I furrow my eyebrows as I give him a look of wonder. What is he going on about now? He gestures to the river and raises his eyebrows at me, waiting for me to take action.

"If I'm going to take someone into my home dimension, I need to know you can defend yourself. This is the perfect opportunity to show me what you can do." He explains further with a twitch of his lips, sensing my discomfort. I huff, baring my teeth at him as he stares.

"You know what I can do— and I don't need to defend myself to some half ass prince—" I spit out with a mock head bow as I watch Kilians nostrils flare up in irritation.

"Uh oh— does the big bad demon not like being called a pri—" Im interrupted as Kilian stands abruptly, eyes narrowing at me.

          "Careful." He warns. "A few deals won't protect your life." He says, threatening me for the first time ever. My lips flicker in humor, realizing that the only thing I had to do in order to get him pissy was call him a prince.

        "Let me guess," I say turning to face him in the water as my body moves in the peaceful current. I make sure to take my arm off of my breasts and watch as his eyes dip lower, watching my every move like a cat toying with a mouse. "That's a threat." I finish, biting my lip. The urge to laugh is strong— and I realize that my trust in Kilian goes too deep. He wouldn't hurt me. He wouldn't hurt a fly— would he?

               "If those deals won't keep me alive, then take my life right now." I say, testing the waters; watching as his throat bobs in nervousness. I take my hand and trace it in an 'x' form over the pulse in my throat. I smile slyly up at him as I watch him hesitate to answer me.

            I smirk, finding the confidence to lift myself out of the water and walk past Kilian; to my towel. By now the fabric is warm from being in the sun, and Kilians eyes are boring into my back. Wrapping the towel around my body and stepping onto the path back to the camp, I open my mouth to say a few more words to the demon who'd seen me naked.

         "Next time you threaten me— make sure to fulfill it like you would any promise," I snicker as I feel him glowering back where I left him, a cloud of darkness among light filled trees.

              I glance back at him with my friendliest smile and bow my head slightly.

                "Prince." I finish, as he smiles sourly at me, jaw clenching slightly.

                 A small victory to fight against the swelling in my chest, and urge to cave into his every wish.

                A small victory against the prophecy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
497K 16.9K 43
《 Highest Ranking: #5 in Vampire 》 "Is that Marcus? Marcus as in, from our High School Marcus!" Casey squeaked. I spun around, not quite believing h...
1K 11 37
I twist the end of the red strings that tie around my neck. My red hood flying behind me, as if wings. I hear a loud creak and turn around quickly. T...
3M 135K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...