Between the Lines

By CBClay

**I DON'T OWNED THIS STORY** WARNING: This is a G!P Beca Just want to share this one great story I'd found at... More

CHAPTER I
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER XI
CHAPTER XII
CHAPTER XIII
CHAPTER XIV
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL
PROMOTION

FINAL CHAPTER

1.6K 38 11
By CBClay

"Do you that maybe… just maybe, one day. When we're both healed, and… you know, ready. All ready, do you think that it's possible to start over again?"

Chloe smiled bitterly at the memory. It still hurts, but she is hoping that she and Beca would somehow meet in the middle, and when that time comes She wouldn't let her go.

Letting her go once is enough.

She just hopes that the brunette would remain in love with her. Because Chloe wouldn't know what to do if Beca had changed her heart. She knew that they both still needed to be away from one another. She wanted to give Beca the space and time to think, and heal. She understands how much she broke Beca, and she would make up to that.

This time, she would let Beca feel how much she loves her.

Although, it kind of terrifies Chloe, that Beca might not want to take her back, she needs to understand. It wasn't that easy, as it was from getting over Tom. Chloe could not help but think that Beca might doubt that the reason why she's going back to her is because Tom had also let her go. 

But it wasn't, Chloe is more than certain of that. She wants Beca. It took her awhile to realize that, she didn't need to try and be with Tom. She had realized that it is Beca, the night the brunette had let go.

She was just caught up between the overwhelmed feeling that Tom had also feelings for her and her undiscovered feelings for Beca.

"Hey, Chlo?" Chloe snapped out of her own trance and smiled apologetically at Tom. She hadn't been listening to what he was saying.

The guy just smiled as he shook his head. "Do you want me to come up to her and knock some sense into her little head?" Tom asked, half jokingly.

Chloe smiled as she shakes her head. 

"Don't you dare touch my Beca. If you want this friendship to last." Chloe sniped back, followed by a light chuckle. Tom almost had his heart on the ground if not for that playful chuckle.

"Love life over friendship now, huh?" Tom snorted. Chloe just rolled her eyes, uttering a; 'Totes'.

She missed this. She missed her bestfriend, where they would just casually talk about things. But what Chloe misses more is… her Beca.

She was disappointed that they didn't got back together after that night. It's been weeks after that night, but she understands that she just broke Beca, and she needed space. Chloe is willing to give that space, for as long as the brunette would remain faithful to her and true to her feelings.

She's willing to wait this time.

"I have to go, Chlo. I'll see you later." Tom said as he stood up from his seat. Chloe only nodded as she wished him good luck.

The brunette man smiled as he gathered his things, before placing a light kiss on top of Chloe's head, which wasn't really unusual to them, then he left. Tom used to do that even before. And now, Chloe was sure that it meant nothing now.

She's also glad that they had both agreed to save their friendship. And keep their feelings platonic.

At least to her, she knew that the guy is still moving on from her.

Chloe couldn't still believe it though, one moment it was her struggling to shrug those feelings off the man, and now, the tables had turned.

The recent happenings have been really crazy. One time, she's in love with her bestfriend. Then she met this brunette Dj who helped her, who loved her, who fixed her. Then it turns out, Tom had feelings for her, she got confused but definitely, seeing Beca with someone else was enough for Chloe to realize that it is Beca.

She sat there alone, waiting for Aubrey and the others to arrive. She occupied herself by reading the magazine placed on the table, her eyes would often dart to the entrance of the café, hoping that it was finally her friends who were entering the shop. She'd been disappointed when it wasn't them.

She flipped the magazine and her eyes were pinned on the familiar photograph of a building.

Chloe's mind the fleeted to Residual Heat which was just two blocks away from where she was. She wonders if Beca is working today or if she's still going to this café. The heavy feeling of missing the brunette went back to Chloe.

But she got to be strong. She knew, she'll get to call Beca her girlfriend again, when she's ready. Because Chloe didn't need to be asked, she knew she's completely ready this time. She just couldn't wait for that day to come. When that day comes, she'll be sure to make it right. She wouldn't waste it.

Soon enough, Chloe's big group of friends had arrived. Creating a loud noise which was new to the quiet ambiance of the place. Chloe smiled to herself, she knew that whenever her friends go, they had this force of making the place so lively.

They were all aware of the set up that both Chloe and Beca had agreed on. They respected that, even though no one could really stop themselves from mentioning their 'relationship'. They had even come up with a ship name, which Chloe thinks was cute and of course, Beca finds it weird.

"I don't want you guys to fight, you're Beca and Chloe. Together you're Bhloe. And everyone loves a good Bhloe."

Fat Amy's line, by the way. It was when the next morning after Beca and Chloe's talk, the group had set up the two of them to 'talk', then the Australian blonde had stepped up, trying her power with reconciling the two. Then Beca had told them everything, causing the blonde to stop with her ridiculous antics.

But that wasn't the end, just when Beca and her, thought that their friends' incredulous antics is coming to end, Stacie intentionally distracted the two of them and when they both turned around, just to look at one another, Fat Amy grabbed both their heads, smacking it against each other, their lips had touched.

The rest of the girls took the chance to take pictures, others had posting it with the caption; 'Bhloe getting some action.', 'BeChloe in love'.

The latter one was courtesy of Legacy, she prefers BeChloe than Bloe, because she thinks it's too explicit for her age.

They all decided to take a stroll around the area, since they were almost kicked out of the café, due to their extreme loudness. And Chloe was sure not to visit the place for a while.

"Has Beca reached out to you, yet?" Emily asked, as she walks beside Chloe. The redhead just smiled, slightly shaking her head.

Emily frowned, and felt guilty when she saw the look in Chloe's face.

"It's okay, Em. She needs time to think. To heal. I understand that." Chloe said, understandingly. She was trying her best to be positive about this.

The younger brunette just smiled as she looked across the street, her eyes bulging out of its socket. It was then the rest of the bellas stopped on their tracks, also noticing the scene before them. They all panicked, specifically Aubrey, as they all glanced at Chloe who still hadn't seen it yet.

Aubrey exchanged glances with the rest of the girls, glaring at Stacie who clearly had no idea what the hell was going on with her best friend. Before Chloe had the chance to notice, Stacie alarmingly shoved Fat Amy in attempt to block Chloe's sight. The redhead furrowed an eyebrow, she knew they were all weird but… this is really weird.

The Australian blonde was making a weird face, Chloe couldn't really put a name on it.

"What's wrong, Amy?" Chloe asked, her eyes adverting across the blonde's shoulder, when Amy instinctively moved to block the view. Chloe's face had completely frowned.

"Let's go the other way around, I hear there's a shop right there." Aubrey excused as she tried to grab Chloe's arms, attempting to drag the girl on the other side of the street.

Chloe wriggled Aubrey's grasp. She crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing her bestfriend.

"You were hiding something; you guys are too obvious." Chloe pointed out. She eyed each one of them, her face scrunching more when she saw Lilly opened her mouth, but the redhead didn't hear anything.

Everyone else felt their throat went dry. Well, except for Amy. The redhead glared at the talkative Blonde. She knew so well where to get her.

"Uh…" Amy stuttered, Stacie nudged her and exchanged looks, "What? I'm not telling her that…" Amy defended, she thought that she was whispering but her voice is audible enough for everyone to hear, making Chloe right of her suspicions.

Aubrey's eyes widen at the other blonde. But, this is Fat Amy.

"I told you, I'm not going to tell ginger that Beca's right there!" Fat Amy said in a hushed voice but Chloe had catch up on that. Her eyes squinted at the blonde, her ears tingling at the mention of the name.

She shoved the girls away who tried to stop her. Aubrey tried calling, whilst the rest made weird noises, but they failed to stop the redhead.

There, she saw Beca a wide smile in her face, with a familiar German blonde. Chloe's face dropped at the sight.

Is Beca still needing her space? Or does Beca just wanted to be away from Chloe? For real?

The girls behind Chloe were waving at Beca, trying to get the brunette's attention. Though they weren't sure why Beca is out with that girl, but they knew for sure that this is going to hurt Chloe.

Beca, on the other hand, was unaware of the commotion on the other side of the street. Though she had caught on her peripherals somebody… or a group of somebody waving at her direction. She looked to the direction and her eyes immediately widen when her eyes caught Chloe who was looking at her direction, she could see from afar that Chloe's eyes were shining even brightly because of the tears covering her eyes.

As if on auto-pilot, she panicked, specially when Chloe wiped her face, before turning around, causing the girls to stop motioning at Beca, then Chloe started running away.

"Shit." Beca cursed under her breathe, she looked at the girl beside her.

"I'll be back." Beca added as she started running after Chloe.

Apparently, falling in love with a girl who's a co-captain of an acapella group would mean that you should reconsider doing your cardio. Beca was already out of breath but she hadn't caught up to Chloe yet. Damn, Beca was doubting if Chloe isn't an athlete or something.

"Chloe, wait!" Beca tried calling but the redhead didn't stop.

"Chloe! Fuck." Beca tried again, when she bumped herself into a pole. But she shook it off and sped up to catch Chloe. But the redhead was running too fast.

Beca never teared her eyes away from the girl as she continued to chase after her girl. Chloe run across the street, not even looking back. She's crying, her mind is on overdrive. She doesn't know what to think first.

Is that even considered cheating? Or is Beca finding a new love with that German blonde? Does she not want Chloe anymore and is going to tell her that straight to her face that's why she's been running after her?

Chloe felt a familiar pain in her chest.

It was then when she heard a series of voice scream in unison; "BECA!"

Chloe was pacing back and forth, she wanted to hit herself. She swears that she would forever resent herself if something bad had happened to Beca.

If only she hadn't overreacted. Damnit, what if she loses Beca? Like, for real and for… forever?

Chloe tried pushing those thoughts away. Aubrey took pity of her panicking bestfriend, she stood up and patted the redhead's back. Chloe shifter her gaze and smile at her bestfriend.

"She's going to be okay, Chloe." Aubrey reassured her. Chloe nodded as her tears betrayed her once again, it just escaped from her eyes.

"Yeah, ginger. It shouldn't be that bad." Fat Amy conceded.

They all waited outside the hospital room where Beca is being treated inside when Jesse, along with that German blonde had came. Chloe glared at the woman, who didn't even look at her. Jesse's face was panicking as well, he turned to Aubrey, asking what happened.

It was then when they were all startled after hearing a loud slap. Their eyes bulged out when they saw Chloe, fuming mad, standing face to face with Komissar. Aubrey's jaw frantically dropped, sharing the same reaction with the others.

Komissar felt the stinging on her cheeks, she smirks and turns to look at Chloe.

"Have we met before?" Komissar asked nonchalantly, making Chloe's blood boil even more. 

"Does it even matter, you bitch!" Chloe sniped back. She felt jealousy running over her specially upon remembering how Komissar had tried to seduce Beca on the day of their ICCA's. Jesse told her, by the way.

Komissar raised an eyebrow, before everyone could even react, the blonde laughed at Chloe, hysterically. They all looked at Komissar with weirded looks. If Louise was trying hard, Komissar is surely beyond that level just to get Beca. Chloe frowned even more.

"I see… You are my tiny maus' ex girlfriend, right?" Komissar was still laughing, her words spearing through Chloe's heart.

Komissar then straightened herself, trying to intimidate Chloe which was somewhat effective. Stacie stood up from her seat, ready to butt in. As well as the rest of their group. Except the bellas, they're still somehow innocent for this.

"What, were you 'jelly'? Why? Beca isn't yours anymore." Komissar is completely messing up with Chloe, and she enjoyed seeing the reaction that Chloe was showing.

"Excuse me, you talk like Beca's going to tap your dumb ass." Fat Amy started with her little trash talks, backing up Chloe. She still felt guilty that she tried to lure Chloe away from earlier, so she's making up to that.

Komissar's smug grin faded and was changed into a frown.

"Just so you know, if Beca would date a bitch, it would be only Chloe! Right, mom?"

Everyone's mouth was agape(if that's even still possible) at Emily whom, first, just trash talked, second, she just called Chloe; 'mom', third, is she saying that Chloe is Beca's bitch? Oh, dear child.

The young brunette just then realized what had came out of her mouth. She knew she had just failed in her attempt to sound 'badass' like Beca, but she really had lost control watching the German intimidate Chloe. Chloe who is motherly like in her eyes.

Komissar was more than weirded by the group. She knew Beca is weird, despite the badass reputation of the tiny Dj, but she clearly had no idea that her friends were 'this' weird.

"Legacy might sound a little weird, but yeah, we're not sorry for Legacy calling you a bitch." Fat Amy stated as she pointed at the young brunette.

"Well, I won't even try to argue with that…" Komissar smirked particularly at Chloe, whose eyebrows knitted together. Komissar took a step closer to Chloe, a smug smile on her face,

"I bet Beca likes German bitches. We don't back down from long length of shotguns." Komissar said in the dirtiest way possible. Chloe could feel her heart tear even more at the thought that the German had been trying to imply.

Stacie took no chance as she surged forward the German blonde, hitting her by the jaw. Stacie yelled in pain after the punch. She had been wanting to do this the first time they had met Komissar years ago.

Everyone was startled, but there was no time to process what is going on. Aubrey quickly approached her girlfriend, tugging the sexy brunette behind her, obviously guarding her girl when Komissar eyed Stacie after she had recovered from the punch she received.

They felt guilty from trying to lure Chloe away from earlier when this German blonde is actually showing an attitude to all of them. So yeah, Chloe wasn't so wrong about slapping the girl.

"You whore!" Aubrey yelled, before she could raise her hand to slap the German, the doctor had came out of the room. A confused look on his face.

They all composed themselves, as if there isn't a war about to start. The doctor shook his head, turning to Jesse whose mouth was wide open.

"Who among them is Chloe?" The doctor asked, snapping Jesse out of his dazed. Everyone turned their head at the doctor, before all pointing at the certain redhead.

Stacie smirked as she looked at Komissar, flashing a seductive yet devilish smile.

"Well, the winner has been announced." Stacie said with a firm yet mocking tone whilst Fat Amy fist bumps in the air as Cynthia Rose and Emily high fived each other.

Komissar felt her cheeks heat up from embarrassment. She was just messing with them at first, although, she really is interested to Beca. She had tried seducing the tiny brunette who seemed to have a strong resistance. Telling her how her heart belongs to a certain redhead. Komissar wasn't aware what she had just gotten herself into. When Chloe slapped her, she just felt like she wanted to mess with the redhead's feelings. Taking advantage of the scene earlier.

She didn't expect that things would get bigger, not to mention receiving insults, trash talks and a punch from these bunch of weirdos.

"Alright, the patient is asking for you." The doctor said, before discussing the state of Beca to Jesse. Chloe swallowed loudly, her eyes looked at her friends who all nodded at her with a small smile on their faces.

She awkwardly walked towards the door, she peeked her head out and saw Beca sitting on the hospital bed, her arm in a cast. The brunette looked up and smiled timidly. Chloe pursed her lips at the sight of the brunette.

"Hey." Beca said. Chloe entered the room, closing the door behind her.

Beca tapped her side as she motioned for Chloe to come closer. Chloe obliged even though her heart is seriously going wild right now. They sat together, both were quiet. Beca glancing from time to time at Chloe. She then cleared her throat, gathering Chloe's full attention.

"Sorry." Chloe whispered sheepishly. She couldn't even get herself to look at the brunette.

She heard Beca took a deep sigh as she let her un-injured hand to run over her brunette hair, which Chloe thinks is really a hot habit of Beca.

"Well, you weren't the one who crashed into me. So, don't be." Beca said with a smile. Her head tilted and searched for Chloe's baby blue eyes,

"Why did you run anyways?" Beca added. Chloe looked down, she knew by then that there was no reason why she should run. Beca's voice says it all.

"I… though—" Beca cut her off.

"You really think I can do that to you? Listen, Chloe." Beca said, her fully well hand, lifting Chloe's chin so they were staring at one another.

"I know this set up between us sucks. We might not be together, but you have my heart with you. And Komissar? She's just… business related to me," Beca explained, her eyes speaking the same honesty as she stared at Chloe.

Chloe felt the heaviness in her chest lighten up. Beca smiled at her goofily, causing her to smile too. Then she burst out laughing, causing Beca to frown. Chloe just realized how silly she looked from running away.

"Okay… did you hit yourself too or something about bumping your head?" Beca sarcastically said. Chloe smiled as she playfully smacked Beca's arms, forgetting she's injured.

The brunette winced in pain at the contact, muttering an "Aww."

Chloe quickly apologized as she looked at Beca with guilt in her eyes. Beca just smiled at Chloe's flustered face.

"What was going on outside anyways? We could hear you guys from here." Beca changed the topic. Chloe bit her lower lip as she avoided Beca's eyes.

"Chloe?" Beca called. Then it hit her, she knew that look on Chloe's face.

"Omygod… you didn—"

"She just talked about you sleeping with her! She deserved that Beca! Hell, I would do it again if I got the chance, I swear!" Chloe rambled while Beca just stared at her with a huge smile on her face.

A jealous Chloe is surely her favorite thing. And Beca would be lying if she said that she wasn't expecting Chloe to aggressively kiss her. Chloe could not help but feel guilty for doubting Beca's feelings for her. But she couldn't really blame her jealousy, specially when Komissar talked about Beca that 'way'.

"Becs?" Chloe called, Beca responded with a; 'hmmm'

"You didn't do it with that German bitch, didn't you?" Chloe asked sheepishly. She couldn't help but be curious. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to hear Beca's answer.

And when Beca coughed, Chloe's face almost fell on the floor. Not to be dramatic, really.

When Beca had recovered, she looked at Chloe with a confused face.

"What brought this up?" Beca asked confusedly. Chloe glanced at her before looking away.

"She just talked about how you might like German bitches, and… how people like her does not back down from long length of shotguns." Chloe's voice was shy. Beca had been respecting her all this time, and she felt a little bit jealous at the thought of Beca sleeping with women other than her.

She's not eager or something but really.

Beca felt her cheeks heat up as she almost gag when she heard Chloe. She should set things clear with Komissar later. And she needed to lighten up Chloe's mind.

"Do you think I'd sleep with her?" Beca's tone was serious. Chloe looked up and shook her head, she was obviously embarrassed.

"You should know by now that blondes weren't my type. I'm into gingers. And when I say ginger, it means I only want you Chloe. Only you, not some blonde or any woman." Beca said as she continued to look at Chloe with much seriousness.

The redhead felt more secured and her heart fluttering. She smiled softly at Beca, nodding knowingly.

"I only want you too. I love you, Beca. I only want you for myself." Chloe stated, pulling Beca into a kiss.

The brunette didn't even flinch, instead, she happily kissed back. Their kisses stopped when they breathed for air, their forehead touching as they both smiled while panting.

"I love you too, Beale."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.2K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
619K 31.4K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
85.4K 3K 51
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...
541K 8.4K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...