Fearless

By Sinful-stories

Kiara has never felt fear in her life. Some people claim that she's faking it, but they would be wrong, of co... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 6

4.4K 200 31
By Sinful-stories

Days past since the Practical Training, and Kiara found herself standing in front of one of the display case in the lunch room. The prices of the food were absolutely outrageous at this school— especially since the headmaster himself eats instant ramen at almost— no not almost— he eats ramen for his every meal. Normally she wouldn't buy lunch at school— everything was ridiculously overpriced and way too fancy for her tastes— but she had decided to sleep in that morning and didn't have time to make lunch.

Mephisto gave her an allowance for errands she ran for him. Picking up supplies, food, or running things to teachers after school hours. Pretty much she did anything Mephisto was too lazy to do and then he paid her. Granted, everything seemed to have an extra zero to her but this was Mephisto she was talking about. He's a little extra on everything.

"Wow! Check out this spread! A cafeteria with lobster on the menu!?" Someone shouted, and Kiara looked besides her too see Rin and Yukio. Rin was pressing his face against the glass as he looked at the menu items.

"Are you even listening Rin?" Yukio asked, apparently he was talking about something and Rin was not listening.

"This is mind blowing! French, Chinese, Italian... They've got everything!" Rin continued, not hearing a word Yukio was saying. "Well, True Cross Academy is a school for the privileged. So I guess this means I'm high class now."

Yukio sighed, giving up on whatever he had been telling Rin. "You need to buy a meal ticket at the vending machine over here first."

Rin rushed over, and if he had a tail, Kiara knew that it would be waving in the air with excitement. "What should I have?" He asked, chuckling happily. Though once he spotted the prices of the food, Kiara could practically hear the crash of his hopes and dreams. "What the hell! Tell me these prices have an extra zero!"

"Like you just said, this is a First Class school." Kiara stated, getting the attention of the two boys.

"How long have you been standing there?" Rin asked, pointing at her with a look of shock on his face.

"Long enough." Kiara shrugged.

"You buying lunch?" Yukio asked.

"Slept in this morning. If you want, I can buy something for you two." She offered, tilting her head slightly.

Rin perked up at that, but Yukio shook his head. "Thank you for the offer, but we must decline."

"What? Yukio—!" Rin exclaimed, getting interrupted as Yukio kicked Rin's shin.

"Fine, then we're going up to that old clown to tell him to change the prices." Rin shouted as he stormed out of the lunchroom.

"Pardon us." Yukio said with a short bow, before walking off to catch up with Rin.

"They'd have better luck defeating Satan than they would getting that damned clown to lower the prices." Kiara muttered, turning and buying her lunch.

***

The next morning, Kiara woke up and got dressed. She had managed to get up ten minutes before the bell today so she would be able to pack her lunch this morning.

As she walked into the kitchen, she spotted a bowl of— is that oatmeal? No, oatmeal isn't soupy and red, nor does it sizzle with the promise of death. She might not feel fear, but not even Kiara would let whatever that soup of death was enter her mouth— she pitied any fool who did. Needless to say she was quick to throw it in the trash can.

After packing a lunch Kiara took out her key to the school. The bell was going to ring in 2 minutes.

The classes seemed to drag on, but eventually it was time for lunch. She was tired of being cooped up inside, so she had decided to go out into the open area of the campus, the 'Green' as many of the students called it. Though all she had to do now was find somewhere to sit.

"Hey, Kiara!" Someone called, and Kiara looked over her shoulder to see Bon, Shima and Konekomaru walking up to her. Shima was the one who called her.

"Hey guys." She said with a small nod.

"You looked a little lost while looking for a spot to eat. Why not join us for lunch?" Shima offered.

"Why're you askin' if she wants to join us?" Bon asked in annoyance.

"Well, she looked lost, and I just thought about how you just said you admi-" Shima started, getting interrupted by Bon elbowing him in the side.

"Shima, don't rile him up." Konekomaru said, a look of concern crossing his face as Bon grumbled.

"Ohh, looks like someone's got a secret~" Kiara mused as she walked up to the three.

"You shut up too!" Bon snapped.

Kiara laughed, "You know, I think I'd love to join you guys. Thanks for the offer Shima."

Shima grinned, "Awesome. Now we got a cutie having lunch with us, don't you agree Bon?"

Bon gritted his teeth and glared at Shima who just laughed as the group headed to find a spot to sit. As they were walking, though, they spotted someone familiar sitting under a tree and stuffing his face as he cried over his lunch.

"There's Okumura. Looks like he's crying over his lunch." Shima stated.

"The poor guy. He must be really hungry." Konekomaru said.

"Yeah, I don't think that's it, Koneko." Kiara said with a blank expression on her face.

"You'd better not look him in the eye. His stupidity's contagious." Bon said, continuing to walk, leaving the three to glance at each other with amusement before following after him. They soon found a spot to sit under a tree and unpacked their lunches to start eating.

"So, Kiara, you haven't really told us anything about yourself. All we know is your name." Shima started leaning forwards towards Kiara. "Mind telling us more about yourself?"

"I'm not really that interesting." Kiara said as she bit into a sandwich.

"What do you mean? You have to of had something that happened in your past to make you want to become an exorcist." Shima said.

"Well, I guess in short I want to prevent others from being hurt because of demons— especially accidental injuries." She placed a hand on the back of her neck  and flashed them a smile, "It's kinda a common motivation, but hey, I can help plenty of people by being an exorcist." Of course, that wasn't the entire truth— she wanted to be an exorcist so she could find out more about her past and her family, Mephisto refused to tell her anything more than what she currently knew, so she decided that she would put the matters into her own hands.

"That's really sweet, Kiara. I didn't expect that to be your reason." Konekomaru said with a smile.

"Yeah, well at least it's realistic." She said as she puffed up her chest and imitated a certain mowhawked punk. "It's not like I'm proclaiming that I'm going to defeat Satan himself."

"Oh, shut it." Bon grumbled.

"Or what? You'll make me regret it? I'd love to see that~" She said, smirking at Bon with her eyes narrowed playfully.

Bon tensed, staying quiet.

Kiara laughed, "Looks like Bonny's at a loss or words." There was a small vibration from her pocket and she pulled out her phone to see who had messaged it.

I need you to deliver some papers for me dear! Come to my office to pick them up!

-M.P

Kiara groaned internally, but hopped up. "I'd love to tease you more, but I have to get some stuff done before class starts again."

"Oh, alright. See you at Cram school." Shima said.

"Of course." Kiara said before she walked off to Mephisto's office.

***

The rest of the day passed by quickly and soon she was sitting at her desk in her dorm room, twirling her pencil and staring out the window and thinking of ways she could avoid doing her homework.

As she was staring, she spotted Sheimi walk up to the boy's old dormitory. Kiara knew that Rin and Yukio lived in that dorm— she's seen them walk in and out of the front door on multiple occasions. Why Sheimi was there Kiara assumed she was dropping supplies off. She watched as Rin walked up to Sheimi, shouting something to get her attention. Not too soon after Yukio had popped his head out of the window. After the three of them exchanged some words, Rin lead Sheimi inside the building.

Kiara lost sight of them after, but she couldn't help but notice some movement in the corner of her eye. Behind one of the pillars near the dorms, three girls were hiding, talking to each other and staring at the old boys dorm. For a second, Kiara thought of telling Rin and Yukio about them, but then again they were just human girls, how much trouble could they get themselves into?

Kiara sighed, looking down at the assignment on the desk in front of her. "Well, enough dawdling, I'd better start this homework."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 68 8
{Discontinued} Two fraternal twins who live in Los Angeles, with their mother who's Shiro's little sister who's also an exorcist . Mira Fujimoto. As...
16K 627 18
Rin had a secret of his own like Shiro, Yukio, and the clergymen did but not as bad. This secret is revealed when Astaroth attacks but nobody was hom...
21.8K 640 25
Raven is a 15 year old girl who lives with two other boys and their adoptive father, Shiro Fujimoto, but after a certain turn of events. Raven is for...
19.4K 836 29
At the age of 11, the monastery is attacked by Satan. Her negative emotions manipulated by him, Rin is deceived into following him to Gehenna. What w...