Some Smiles Aren't Heroic ~Bo...

By OliviaChan08

Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him fro... More

Special Thanks
1. Just A Boy
2. No Choice
3. Breaking a Hero's Spirit
4. Without Them
5. No One Will Hear
7. Sanity....What's That?
8. Goodbye, Old Life
9. The New Villains Arise
10. Ghosts from the Past
11. Where He's Gone
12. Found
13. Mistake
14. Taking Over
15. What Really Happened
16. A Not-So-Happy Reuinion
17. Not The Same
18. My Prisoner
19. It Was My Choice
20. Know
Update!!! A/N PLEASE READ

6. Switch

3.5K 123 138
By OliviaChan08

Man, this is getting a bit more attention than I actually thought it would get. Yay! ^^ Anyways you guys know the drill for this. Trigger warning (most likely), enjoy and thanks for reading!

~~~~~

Nothing. The room was filled with nothing. It was a simple room, but to Izuku, this was all he could start to think about.

No sounds, no movements, no different color in the room; just white walls surrounded him.

Izuku lay down on the ground. His eyes stared blankly at nothing. He felt as if he was blind to his surroundings.

He had spent so much time in that white room, he could swear Shigaraki left him in there for days at a time. It was to the point where he couldn't even remember how many days it had been since he was kidnapped.

All Shigaraki told him to do was sit in there for as long as he left him. He couldn't speak out loud or try to make any noise.

Izuku at first liked this treatment instead of getting burned, cut, stabbed, kicked, or pummeled. However, he soon found out being in a room all alone for so long could start to turn into a nightmare.

What day is it again? He thought as he turned his head, only to face another white wall. Why am I here?

Am I dead?

Too many questions left unanswered and too many blurry memories would eventually end up clouding someone's mind. This is what happened to Izuku.

He had tried before trying to find a way out, something to distract him from the isolated feeling of being here. Nothing worked for very long. He was still left alone with nothing do help him feel better.

Izuku felt his heartbeat accelerate. His body tensed, this unusual pain in his chest rising. He sat up as his breathing got heavy and fast. He held back the urge to whimper and cry so he wouldn't get in trouble.

His dim green eyes darted around the room while he started to shake and pant.

This was a casual occurence once in a while when he was put in the white room. Izuku started having panic attacks when left too long in the room. He was more and more desperate to get out of there.

He looked at his arm which was still bruised from being broken. It was healing, but it still hurt to be used. There was a blunt stab wound near his wrist. It was dried up and beginning to heal as well, but soon it wouldn't be.

Izuku looked at himself and grit his teeth. He covered the wound with his other hand, closing his eyes and whimpering quietly. He couldn't even tell how desperate he was actually being. He didn't even notice bits of his sanity were deteriorating when he was trapped there.

Izuku put more pressure on the wound with his fingers. His denailed fingers burned with this, but he didn't care. His panting got shorter and faster as he did this, starting to tear into the drying wound.

I need this. I can't stand this anymore!! The white walls, the sound of nothing, it's nothing but torture!

Izuku managed to scratch into the stab wound, opening it and making it spill blood. A sharp and pained gasp came out of his mouth as he bled.

Now the color red stained the white floor as droplets spilled from his arm. Izuku looked down at it and his breathing got steady. Red. Now there's red.

Izuku looked at his hand, now tainted with the scarlet color of blood. A small grin formed on his lips. The pain didn't even bother him now. The room wasn't bland anymore.

What has this come down to? A few drops of blood? I don't care! I'm still alive, right? It's worth it, right??

This sense of relief was the only thing Izuku could cling to. Even if he did have to hurt himself to earn it, it was what he could do to keep his sanity. At least, that's what he thought.

The problem with that was he was now welcoming madness to cloud his thoughts even further. He tilted his head at the sight of the blood. Why am I smiling? Is this natural? His eyes dragged over to look at his arm. I'm okay now. I'm fine.

The thoughts that started to clutter his brain made him feel a little nervous. He had never experienced relief from seeing himself bleed. It was like a different side of him was taking over. Why? He didn't know. He didn't even know if he should've been scared of this.

Who knew what else he was capable of?

...

58 days had passed since Izuku Midoriya's disappearance. Police were desperate to find him, pro heroes helped investigate, but no one seemed to have a clue on where he could've gone.

Class 1-A was doing alright, but Mr. Aizawa knew better than to leave them clueless. At this point, he didn't know what to say. He didn't know much from All Might or the police anyway.

Bakugou started acting up a bit more than usual. He would often just stay quiet and isolate himself from everyone. His behavior was a whole lot different now that Izuku was missing.

The rest of the class was pretty gloomy. Hardly anyone would talk, the atmosphere was always down and no one seemed to smile.

Bakugou could care less about what the others would do. He wanted to go out and look for Izuku instead of just sitting around doing nothing to help the cause.

He walked out of the school building after training. His bag in hand, he didn't even stop to say goodbye to anybody.

Before he could go any further, someone stepped in front of him. Bakugou looked up and scowled. "What do you want, you bastard?"

Shoto Todoroki stood still with a frown, crossing his arms. "We need to talk, Bakugou."

"What? No, I've got better things to do." He huffed and stepped to the side then walked passed the bi-color haired male.

"Like what? Sulk about Midoriya's disappearance?" Todoroki asked.

Bakugou stopped and he turned around toward Todoroki. He hissed, "What? You think I'm that worried about him?"

Todoroki shrugged. "Everyone is. You two were friends as children right?"

"Hardly. He was just a pest who followed me everywhere I went."

"If you think he's so bothersome, why are you so upset over him being kidnapped?" Shoto asked with a head tilt.

Bakugou growled and grabbed the other's uniform top, jerking him closer to him. "How do you know he was kidnapped?"

"Why would he just disappear by himself and not come back? It's been almost 2 months." Todoroki concluded. He seemed unphased by being yanked by his shirt.

"I know you're trying to look for him, Bakugou."

The blond just glared even more. "You don't know anything." Todoroki just looked straight at him. "Really?"

Both males just stared at each other in silence before Bakugou shoved him back. "I don't have to convince you of anything. Now screw off and leave me alone, got it?" He turned and started walking away.

Todoroki frowned. "You're worried about him, Bakugou. I can tell."

Bakugou stopped walking, but he didn't turn. His fists clenched as he seethed under his lips

"You're searching for him too, aren't you? Even when Mr. Aizawa said we couldn't get involved." Todoroki stated.

Bakugou snapped, "I know what he said, you idiot! But Deku is still missing and he might be dead by the time they find him! What are we gonna do? Sit around and just wait until we get the news?"

"You don't know what's going on, Bakugou."

"Shut up! I know why Mr. Aizawa won't tell us much more. They're giving up." Bakugou stepped ahead. "If they're giving up already, then Deku's never gonna be found."

Todoroki followed a few steps. "We're all worried about him, Bakugou. Are you seriously going to try and mess yourself up for nothing?"

Bakugou shook his head. "You won't understand. If you tell anyone about this, I'll blow your ass up." He then left Todoroki standing there with a small glare.

Shoto turned around and sighed, walking back the opposite way from Bakugou's.

Meanwhile, Bakugou went home to his parents. Instead of answering them when they asked "How was school?" Or "Hey, how are you doing?" He walked upstairs straight to his bedroom and dropped his things by his bed.

"Damn it..." He cursed as he opened his laptop at his dresser and set it on his bed. This was the only place he could let out his frustrations. He was frustrated first with the fact that nothing new had been coming up for Izuku's disappearance and then with what Todoroki said.

Everyone was upset too, but no one else was willing to help. Why?

In Bakugou's head, everyone was just being a coward. He sat down by his bed and opened a browser on his laptop. Still nothing new on the websites. What was with that?

It was like suddenly everyone was giving up. Police were probably slowing their investigations and the news hardly covered anything on Izuku's story.

He can't really be gone, right? He has to be somewhere in this city. Someone has to find him, and if the pros don't, I will.

Bakugou narrowed his eyes. "Someone has to find him." He muttered to himself as he began searching on his laptop again.

~~~~~~~~

Ow more edginess. XD
No, seriously, I don't even know why I think of these things. I'm literally torturing characters that I adore. This is the opposite of what I would do to them irl. Also, I am not really writing any ships here so before you come up and ask me for some BakuDeku content or something, the answer is no. Not every small comment that Bakugou makes about Deku means that he likes him. Same with Shigaraki and Deku. So yeah, I do not plan to make this a ship-fest.
Other than that, I hope you liked this! I hope to update later this week, so keep an eye out. I'm surprised I at least get a few readers to read this fanfic.
Thank you, if you did happen to read this. Have a good day and see you next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 474 13
Izuku Midoriya has always wanted to become a hero despite being quirkless. He admired every hero he came across but he admired one more than the othe...
9K 190 13
Izuku Midoriya has caught the eye of the League of Villains, as they try and try to convert him to be a villain they always seem to fail. The heroes...
9.1K 211 43
Izuku Midoriya never got the chance to save Bakugo from the sludge villain and impress All Might. With his dream crushed, Izuku becomes bitter and an...
417 14 8
'He must be scared of you, Midoriya! Scaredy, Cat-suki!' In this AU, we have Mean!Deku and Nice!Bakugo. It has always been like this, Bakugo being th...