The Death Omen {Fred Weasley}

By Mykingdombythesea

They say the wail of a banshee can be heard from miles away. That their cry is the sign of an impending doom... More

Epigraph
Characters
Part One
Prologue
1- The Case of the Augurey
3- A Meeting at the Ministry
4 - Back to Hogwarts
5- Worst Year Ever
6- You've got to be bloody joking me
7- Improper Introductions
PSA

2- The Quidditch World Cup

933 40 6
By Mykingdombythesea

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

____________
The Quidditch World Cup
____________

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

"Wow can you believe this Roo! The Quidditch World Cup! We're at the Quidditch World Cup!"
"I know Roger you've been saying that for hours and I very much believe that I'm here!"  Rooney laughed.

Roger barely heard a word she had said because he had already begun to march himself towards a vendor filled with Ireland's paraphernalia.
"Oh Merlin would you look at this Roo, they've got those fake tattoos we can put on our faces and they've got light up necklaces and-"

"Roger I've hardly got enough money for all that! I only brought enough for a souvenir shirt and a butterbeer or so, you buy them for yourself though."
His face dropped as Rooney mentioned she wasn't going to buy anything more and he began to feel bad.

"No no Roo I'll just buy these for you then."
"What no! Don't spend your money on me!"
"Well I insist because this is the World Cup and you need to sport your team colors and right now you look quite bland."

She narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips, disapproving of Rogers way of trying to make an excuse to spend his money on her. She hated it when he spent his own money on her because he made his own money working part-time at a small shop in Diagon Alley, a second hand broom store where he would help with repairs, retuning, and retwigging. She wanted him to save his hard earned money for himself.

"No Roger, don't buy anything for me and I mean it."
Roger heard her loud and clear this time but he chose to ignore her as he purchased two sets of face tattoos and two sets of twinkling necklaces for the both of them to wear.

"Here you are madam, the Irish awaits."
Roger has a slick smile on his face knowing Rooney was upset with him.
"I said no Roger Davies."
"And I don't care, now put it on and let's go, the match starts in an hour and we have to get to our seats early."

Rooney grabbed her things and marched off with Roger towards the Davies tent to prepare for the game. 

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

_____________

𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 Tournament

______________

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

"Can you believe it Roo?! Ireland won! I mean did you see the way Krum and him went at it? For a good while I truly thought we had him, but Krum got the snitch and we still won!"

Roger wouldn't shut up about the match and Rooney just smiled and listened to him carry on.
Rooney didn't understand quidditch all too well but she was just happy to be here.

"There you two are, I've been looking everywhere for you, I thought I'd have to report two missing children to the authorities."

"Chester!" Rooney cried and ran at him to give him a big bear hug. "I thought you weren't coming!" She exclaimed.

"You never told me you'd be here Ches, why didn't you say anything?" Asked Roger, visibly frustrated at not knowing.
"It was a last minute decision, thought it'd be fun to surprise you two. Why? Am I ruining your quality time together?" Chester said with a grin on his face.

"Oh shut up man" Roger said.

"Now come on, mum and dad have dinner ready."

Chester, Roger and Rooney all marched back to the Davies tent, where they were to sleep for the rest of the night. Rogers' mum and dad, Gretchen and Elias, were already sitting down in the kitchen with dinner prepared for everyone.

"Hello children!" shouted Elias, "glad to see you've found those two Chester."

"They were up to no good as usual father" Chester smirked.

Roger slapped Chester across the arm and Rooney just laughed at their banter.

Rooney sat next to their mother Gretchen, and everyone began to tuck in. The boys were discussing the game and were once again, becoming quite animated in re-describing the nights events.

Rooney just sat back quietly and ate her dinner with a smile on her face enjoying every minute of it. She absolutely adored the Davies family, and in this particular moment, she was feeling extra sentimental considering the recent tragic event in her life.

The Davies took her in without hesitation, and she couldn't be more grateful towards them. They were her family. Roger and Chester were the brothers she never had, Elias the father she never got to know, and Gretchen has always been like a second mother to her.

Sitting here in the tent watching them laugh and chatting about quidditch just made Rooney smile, how is it that someone like her could simultaneously be so lucky and unlucky at the same time?

After they finished their meal, Rooney, Roger, and Chester all went into their portion of the tent for the night to get ready for bed. Each had their own bed, but they were all sharing the same room, and it felt like they were children again.

After each had brushed their teeth and gotten into their night clothes, Roger slipped into Rooney's bed just as she was getting comfortable, leaving her to sigh heavily, yet was unable to hide her amused smirk.

"Seriously Rog? I can't have one moment of peace?"

"Absolutely not" Roger said, smirking all the while.

Roger begun to pull out some candies out of his pocket that he must have gotten without her knowing.

"Now where did you get those?" Roo asked.

The candies Roger had were little golden spheres and taste like firewhiskey and honey, these special sweets certainly aren't sold to young wizards underage.

Roger just gave Rooney a big Cheshire cat grin, implying he must've obtained them in a way the law would restrict him for.

The two teens began sucking on their forbidden sweets, giggling like schoolchildren all the while, catching Chester's attention as he was trying to fall asleep.

"Will you two kindly shut it? I've got work in the morning and would like to get a decent amount of rest."

"Really Ches? You're going to complain about us when everyone and their mother is still out celebrating? I mean listen! Can't you hear the music?"

"Yes I can hear the music you twat, but it's easier to fall asleep to than the two of you laughing like hyenas right next to me."

"Ouch!" Roger mocked hurt by putting a hand up to his heart. "I can't believe you'd say that, and to think I was going to share with you too."

Rooney just continued sucking on her sweets and watching the brothers bicker with a grin on her face, giggling all the while.

Suddenly there was a large bang that came from outside the tent, and what sounded like an uproar of screaming voices.

"Do you hear that Chester? How do you even expect to fall asleep at this hour when celebrations are still happening? You're not going to, so don't complain about Roo and I while–"

Roger was interrupted by his mother rushing into the room with a worried look on her face.

"Mum, what's wrong?" Asked Chester.

Suddenly all three of them were sitting upright in their beds, worried expressions to match.

"You all need to get up, your father went out to go and see what the commotion is all about, but it doesn't sound good."

"What do you mean?" asked Chester, his voice laced with concern.

Out of nowhere, Elias Davies came rushing back into the tent half out of breath from having ran back to his family.

"We need to leave, NOW!" He shouted.

Elias grabbed onto Gretchen's arm and began making his way back towards the front of the tent, looking back at the confused teens still sitting in their beds.

"Dad what's going–"

"NOW ROGER!" This time Elias screamed with an urgency Rooney had never heard from the man before, and neither did either of the Davies brothers, urging them up from their beds immediately.

"Dad what's happening?" Chester asked as the family of five rushed out of their tent, only grabbing their wands on the way out and into the crowd of wizards doing the same.

"Chester listen to me, it's not safe here right now, and we need to get out of here as quickly as possible, but you need to stay with Roger and Rooney, do you hear me?"

"I– yes Dad, but what's–"

"Not now Chester I don't have time to explain, we all need to stick together, but if we get split up you need to meet your mother and I back at the entrance you understand?"

"Yes dad" Chester said with a lump of nerves in his voice.

The Davies family and Rooney began to make their way through the rushing crowd of screaming men, women, and children, trying to make their way back to the entrance of the field, but it began to get increasingly difficult as people were shoving, pushing, and trampling their way through.

Roger was holding onto Rooney with a vice like grip on her arm, never letting go as he didn't want to lose her in the crowd, and she was thankful, because she knew she would be lost without him holding onto her by now.

Chester was just in front of the two, guiding them through the crowd, when suddenly there was a large explosion, causing a big burst of fire to rise into the air, and everyone within the perimeter to erupt in screams and retreat back the way they had come.

As people began rushing away from the explosion, they began to push and shove even harder without a care for the others around them, which caused Rooney to be shuffled around and Chester to bring the two teens in close to protect them from the recklessness of the crowd.

For a moment, Rooney had lost her grip on Roger as a man had treaded into her so furiously she was sure to have bruises. She began to look around noticing the amount of people in the crowd, which must have been thousands, all from the tournament scrambling for safety. But safety from what?

Suddenly a group of people ran right into her coming from the opposite direction, one of them knocking her arm out of Rogers, causing her to lose her balance and fall. She immediately looked up to see a flash of red hair before it was gone. 

She tried to stand up but was knocked down again as people kept pushing past her, and to her utmost luck, Roger had reached out to lift her up and pull her along with him and his brother again. How long she had been on the ground for, probably a few seconds, but it had felt like minutes in this situation. 

As Chester looked into the crowd he realized he had lost sight of his mother and father, and he could see Roger frantically looking around trying to find them as well.

"Come on guys, we have to keep moving!" Chester shouted.

"What about mum and dad!" Roger shouted back as to be heard over the screams of the crowd.

"You heard dad Rog, we'll find them later, but we need to get out of here now!"

Chester grabbed onto Roger's arm with Roger gripping Rooney's and the three of them headed back the way they had originally came, but this time heading towards the forest and out of the village of tents where all the attacks seemed to be occurring.

"We need to head into the forest and out of the field, we'll be safer there!" Chester shouted at the two.

The three began to make a run for it, sprinting past destroyed tents, rubble being devoured in flames, and injured witches and wizards who were victims of the attacks.

When they finally made it to the tree line they began to slow down but continued into the forest and away from the commotion.

As they trekked inwards, Rooney began to feel a cold sensation washing over her. Although it was warm outside and from all the running around she had been doing, she knew this cold feeling was unnatural.

"Roger.." Rooney called out his name as they were still hiking their way deeper into the forest and away from any present danger.

Roger turned around to look at his best friend, noticing she looked tired and pale. "Don't worry Roo we should be alright now," he said trying to comfort her.

"No Rog, not that", and then suddenly she began to hear the dreaded whispers of the dead, very quietly at first but then they began to progressively get louder and louder as if they were standing right next to her.

Rooney clasped her hands up to her ears to try and stop the voices from getting into her head, and Roger saw Rooney beginning to freak out, and the last time he saw her do this, her mother died.

"Chester!" Roger screamed.

Chester turned around from where he was walking ahead and saw Roger standing in front of Rooney with her hands up to her ears and her eyes clamped shut.

"Roger, please don't tell me what I think is happening is about to happen.." Chester asked cautiously already knowing the answer.

Roger looked up at his older brother with a worried and scared look in his eyes and that was all Chester needed to spring into action.

"We need to get her out of here. NOW!"

Both boys grabbed Rooney by the arms and began to run with her deeper into the forest and further away from other wizards who had run to the trees for shelter.

The boys were sprinting as fast as they could, tripping over tree roots and trampling through bushes and branches, they didn't care though because they knew what was about to happen, and they wanted to be as far away as possible when it did.

Rooney began to hear not only the voices of the dead, but she heard heart-wrenching screams, and she knew these were from the living.

The screams were so guttural and loud that Rooney dropped out of the boys grasp and onto the forest floor in a heap and covered her ears.

Chester frantically looked around to make sure no one was within eyesight to see the three because he knew they weren't going to be making it much farther into the woods from here.

Roger bent down in front of Rooney and grabbed her hands, "hey, hey, look at me Roo, look at me."

Rooney opened her tear stained eyes into Rogers and began to feel a bit calmer knowing her best friend was right there in front of her.

But suddenly she wasn't staring into his comforting green eyes anymore, she was staring at something else.

It was a giant cloud of green, but it began to take form into the shape of a skull with a snake protruding from its mouth.

That's when Rooney felt her heart drop into the pit of her stomach, she felt her body go numb and suddenly everything was frozen in a complete silence.

And she screamed.

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

______________
Please comment/vote/follow if
You enjoy so far
Thanks!
Will be updating more
frequently from here on out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
1M 35.4K 89
When Harry got hit by the killing curse, he thought that would be the end of his life. He was happy that he could reunite with his loved ones in the...
43.8K 867 73
"I'm sorry Gemini." The blonde said to me looking like he was about to cry. "Why? Why would you do this?" I said screaming at him and pushing him awa...
490K 13.6K 61
An omen of death; a messenger of the underworld. The mournful wails in the midst of silence as she sings the song of death. She is a Banshee. +++ ...