3- A Meeting at the Ministry

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎
_____________
A Meeting at the Ministry
______________

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

Rooney was wracked with nerves as she sat outside of Kingsley Shacklebolt's office

Rooney was wracked with nerves as she sat outside of Kingsley Shacklebolt's office. She was currently sat with Roger and Elias as the Auror had immediately sent message to Elias only hours after the incident at the Quidditch Cup.

Kingsley Shacklebolt knows very well about the Aberdeen curse, as this curse has been something only a select few within the Ministry has knowledge of and has had to keep quiet about for a very long time. Rooney might just be one of their best kept secrets.

Rooney's leg was shaking up and down while she sat with her arms crossed while staring off into the distance. She didn't know why she was so nervous, Kingsley liked Rooney, he liked her mother too, but this time it feels different and she couldn't figure out why.

This was the second time within a span of only a few months that Rooney's banshee scream was triggered, and she may be new at this, but she knew this was unusual.

"Hey" Roger whispered to Roo as he gently placed a hand on her knee to stop it from bouncing. She looked up at Roger with an overwhelming look of worry in her eyes.

"I'm sure everything's gonna be fine Roo, Shacklebolt probably just wants the details from that day on what you saw in your vision in order to better help him piece together another story for the public, that's all." assured Roger.

"How can you be so sure this time? This just felt different Rog, I can't explain it but it felt darker, and colder even, if that makes sense."

"I mean, I can't be sure, but whatever it is, Shacklebolt's going to make sure that you're safe Roo, that I know for sure." Roger gave her a soft smile and a hopeful look.

She knew he was right, Shacklebolt would do whatever it took to cover up for her in making sure her secret stayed safe, she knew that although he has a very harsh exterior, the man does care about Rooney, but with how quickly he had messaged for her, she knew there had to be something more.

It also doesn't help that this was the second time within within just over a month that she was visiting the Auror at his office. She was invited under the guise of business regarding her mother's passing. She knew the Ministry wouldn't bat an eye at that, but she was worried they would grow curious if they thought her visits too frequent, or coincidental with the recent event. Rooney would be utterly screwed.

The door to the Auror's Headquarters office opened and a petite older witch popped out, "Elias and Roger Davies and a Miss Aberdeen?" She called.

"That would be us." Elias responded as they all stood up and began to walk to Shacklebolt's office. As they were being escorted to his office, they had to walk a long hall with dark purple tiles and marble walls adorned in moving portraits of previous Head Aurors.