Internet Friends || Michael C...

By malumwritings

~12:03 am~ To: "sex god" Mikey i wish we could meet. ~12:07 am~ From: "sex god" Mikey one day, we will. Sequ... More

Internet Friends || Michael Clifford
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
NEW BOOK :-)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Character Ask Answers!!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 +
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Epilogue Pt. 2
Final Character Answers
Other Stories
Sequel!
bonus chapter - second place
bonus chapter - first place
one million reads
new books that I've started
New Story!

Chapter 7

72.7K 2.5K 2K
By malumwritings

Sophie

☼☼☼

I huffed, brushing my bangs out of my forehead. I didn't want to go back home but here I was, strapped into my brother's car against freewill.

"Do I have to go back?" I asked whining.

"Yeah, Mom and Dad said something about having to talk to you? I'm not really sure," Halen sighed.

"I'm not 5. I can make my own decisions," I whined again.

"If it were your own decision you wouldn't go back," Halen chuckled and stopped once he saw me glaring at him.

"It won't be bad; I promise," Halen said.

"Will you stay with me while I talk to them?" I asked biting on my lip nervously and tugging at my sweatshirt sleeves.

"Of course," Halen said smiling.

The closer we got to our house the quieter became. It's as if the radio only got louder and louder as we drove along. The music soon became a static buzz as we pulled up into the driveway.

"You'll be okay," Halen said squeezing my hand.

"It's just that I've been staying with you for the past week and I think they'll be pissed," I said tugging at my sweatshirt sleeves even more.

"Don't worry about it," Halen said.

I pulled out my keys from my purse and unlocked the front door, walking in.

"Sophia. Devonne. Rose. Where the hell have you been? We've been worried sick," my mother snapped as I walked in through the door. I gulped out of nerves.

Halen followed behind me and my mom's whole demeanor changed once her eyes landed on him.

"Hey sweetie, how are you?" She asked, reaching out and hugging Halen. Halen hugged her tentatively. I was never her favorite. Halen was the family's "star child". I thought it was because he was older but I wasn't exactly sure. Halen hated it as much as I did. He never thought Mom and Dad treated me fairly.

"Yeah, I guess I'm good," he said reaching up and scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"Have you found a girlfriend yet?" Dad asked and Halen almost choked in his saliva. This subject always came up.

"No, I'm not exactly looking yet?" Halen said a bit confused.

"That surprises me that some girl come down and swooped you off your feet," my mom said in awe.

"Well that'd be kind of difficult, Halen does weigh like 180 pounds," I said jokingly but Mom just turned and glared at me causing me to stop.

"Mom, I don't think it's fair the way you treat Sophie," Halen piped up.

Mom didn't say anything.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Sophia and I get along great," she said and I huffed in annoyance.

"Believe what you want," I muttered.

"Sophia, that reminds me about what your dad and I wanted to tell you," she said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'll wait until Dad gets home. He just ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things. He'll be right back," Mom said smiling sadistically.

This made me worried. Mom left the kitchen, leaving me with Halen and I started pacing around the room nervously.

"What could it be that they want to tell me," I asked tugging on my sweatshirt sleeves again.

"Don't worry about it. You'll be fine," Halen said. Normally, I'd believe him but his voice cracked at the end making me not trust him.

We sat 15 minutes in silence not knowing what to do when finally we heard the garage door start to open.

Dad walked in and smiled once he saw Halen was in the room.

"Hey sweetie! Come down!" Dad yelled up the stairs so we could have our "meeting".

"Ok, I'm downstairs," she said walking into the kitchen. We all sat in a circle; Halen and I not dating to speak.

"Sophia, your father and I have come up with a conclusion. If you do not go to college this year we're kicking you out," she said.

"What? Mom that's not fair!" I exclaimed standing up from the kitchen stool.

"Yes it is. If you live under our roof you will follow our rules and we did not raise you to become some out-of-control hipster druggie!" Mom said getting defensive.

"I've never even been near drugs so I don't know what the hell your talking about," I said.

"Do not use that language with me! I'm your mother!" she snarled.

"You obviously stopped being my mother a long time ago!" I exclaimed.

"You know what? I bet it's that Michael kid! Ever since you started talking to him you've become a terrible influence on everyone!" Mom said coming up with her own conclusions.

"Mom, are you fucking insane?" I yelled getting angry. Michael had nothing to do with this. He didn't need to be blamed.

"Stop with the cussing!" She yelled, "I raised you better than this."

"Obviously you didn't," I muttered, "Is this even legal?"

"Yes, you're 18. It's perfectly fine," Dad chirped.

"Mom, Dad, are you sure this is a good idea?" Halen asked finally speaking up. Bastard.

Halen wasn't really a bastard; he just took to long to realize when he should step in and help.

"Yes, she must follow in your footsteps and be successful," Dad said.

"Haven't you noticed that Sophie is nothing like me?" Halen asked clenching his jaw. He was angry. An angry Halen was never a good Halen.

"Yeah and it's a good thing too," Dad muttered. I felt like I was going to cry.

"No. Sophie's a better person than I could ever be. I can bet you that I've made more mistakes in the past week than Sophie does in a lifetime. She tried so hard to keep up with your bullshit but you're both so difficult so I respect her for that. I'm sorry but Sophie doesn't need you too," Halen said still clenching his jaw. My parents gasped.

"You surely don't mean that?" Mom asked and Halen only nodded his head to confirm.

"If that's how you truly feel Sophie then you can leave. You have a week to get your stuff and find somewhere else to stay," Dad said giving a curt nod of the head.

I started trembling but I was going to make them feel weak. My parents were officially kicking me out of the house.

"If you don't mind, I have to go upstairs and start packing." I huffed pushing past my parents and up the stairs.

I pulled out two large suitcases and started packing my items. I officially let myself start crying once I was back in Halen's car and driving away.

***

~7:53 pm~

To: "sex god" Mikey

hey can we facetime?

~7:53 pm~

To: "sex god" Mikey

we really need to talk

~7:55 pm~

From: "sex god" Mikey

yeah sure let me get my computer

I pulled my computer from one of my bags. I still had to go back to get the rest of my stuff but I was going to wait until Mom and Dad were at work.

I was so glad I had Halen in my life. If not, I had no idea where I possibly could've stayed. Valeria would've allowed me to stay with her but only for so long.

My thoughts were interrupted with the incoming Skype call notification. I quickly answered and I was greeted by two smiling faces; Michael and Luke.

"Hey boys," I said smiling. I instantly felt better just being able to talk to them.

"Hey Soph, how are you?" Luke asked.

"I could be better," I shrugged. I could feel the tears starting to show up in my eyes again.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked frowning slightly.

"Nothing, I'll tell you later," I said trying to keep from looking at Luke. I didn't want everyone to know but I really wanted to tell Michael.

"Oh, I get it. You don't want me to know," Luke said winking, "I guess I'll leave."

"Please do," Michael begged. He could tell I was upset and that I wouldn't say anything until Luke was gone. I trusted Luke but it wasn't the same trust I had with Michael.

"Okay that's fine. I'll talk to you later hopefully," Luke said smiling and I gave him a weak smile back.

Luke left the room by Michael pushing him out. Michael sat back down in the wheeley-chair after locking the door.

"So, what's up, buttercup?" Michael asked with a sincerity in his eyes. I immediately started crying again.

"No! Don't cry!" Michael said frantically, "If I could be near you I'd hug you tightly and wipe away your tears."

"The-They kicked m-me out," I sobbed with giant heaves coming out of my mouth. I probably looked very unattractive at the moment but I could care less. I was so upset.

"What? Why?" Michael asked. His frown became very prominent.

"Take deep breaths for me," Michael said and I followed his instructions.

"I'm not going to college for a year so they said if I didn't follow their rules I couldn't live under their roof," I muttered. Tears were still rolling down my face but I felt a bit more calm.

"I'm so sorry babe. You know that if I could, I'd be there for you. Right?" Michael asked and I nodded my head up and down. I wiped under my eyes trying to clean up my new raccoon-like look.

"I bet that I have news that'll make you smile like a child on Christmas Day," Michael said.

"What is it?" I asked getting slightly worried.

"I was supposed to wait until next week to tell you but I think you could use some cheering up right now," Michael said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You know how our birthday's are only a day apart?" Michael asked.

"Twelve hours and seven minutes to be exact," I said off of memory. Michael and I had discussed this for about a week when we found out our birthdays were so close.

"Well, I want to fly you out to celebrate our birthdays together," Michael said.

"What?" I gasped. I practically screamed. I pushed back from my chair and stood up in shock.

"And you can't say no. I already bought your ticket. I was going to wait until it was a bit closer but I think this is better so that you have time to pack and stuff," Michael said smiling sheepishly.

"We're meeting?" I asked in awe.

"You fly out the 16th of November. You should be getting the ticket in the mail whenever I can send it out. We're meeting," he confirmed.

"We're meeting," I mutter. A child-like grin creeped onto my face and I couldn't help but feel that someone had put Michael Gordon Clifford in my life for a reason.

☼☼☼

QUICK UPDATE IM SORRY IM SICK. IM TIRED. I FEEL GROSS AND I MISS A FOOTBALL GAME AND PRACTICE TODAY BECAUSE OF IT SO THIS IS WHY I UPDATED. ITS BEEN FOREVER AND I MISSED IT BUT ILL HOPEFULLY BE WRITING A LOT AGAIN SOON. OKAY I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR READING THIS IF YOU ARE. AGAIN I LOVE YOU.

~_HeartbreakHemmings

twitter- chronichood

ig- lethalclifford

:))))))))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

681 25 21
"My wish is to stay happy." |Ashton Irwin|
2.1M 26.7K 71
You like 5SOS? Aye, me too! Let's be friends and party.
25.6K 268 34
Story cover by @ewjimin on twitter.
788K 7.5K 107
book 2 of the 5sos preferences