Zaroorat

By Meera1903

The story starts after Aditya returns from Paris. What would have happened if Aditya and Zoya had had time to... More

Announcement
What are we? (1)
What are we? (2)
What are we? (4)
Announcement 2
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Announcement 3
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 & A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

What are we? (3)

1.5K 87 26
By Meera1903

Hey everyone!

I hope you're enjoying this short story! I'm not sure how many parts this is going to have and I'm currently toying with the idea of making it into a full book because I have a bunch of ideas popping into my head and I don't know whether I want to write them as lots of OSs or just one full story. I'll see what I do over the next few days.

Also if you're enjoying it, it would be lovely if you left some comments and 'liked' the part. It just encourages me when I write. In either case, here comes the next part!

Precap

She said she needed time and time is what he would give her so very reluctantly he started taking steps backwards so he could look at her one last time, before he turned around and walked out.

Part 3

Zoya immediately collapsed to the floor sobbing into her hands, struggling to breathe. She felt sick and trapped in that sari so she began to unwind the material off her as fast as she could. If she went any faster, she would've ripped the sari. She changed into a kurta and sleeping pyjamas and fell into bed hoping that sleep would overtake her and allow her to forget about the tumultuous day.

Aditya barely got any sleep during the night. Tossing and turning the whole time, screaming into his pillow to let out his frustration but nothing seemed to help. He eventually rolled out of bed at 6am and went for his morning jog. He returned at 7, showered and ran out of the house before anyone could ask him any questions.

After returning from Paris, Zoya had forced him to join Zosh. Her first preference had been for him to go get his pilot's licence but he had declined saying he wasn't ready yet and he wanted to ease back into his life and so Zosh was the obvious choice. At the time Aditya had been reluctant but today he was grateful that she had forced him because it gave him an excuse to go back into the office in the hopes of seeing her.

Aditya got in at 9am just as everyone else was getting in. He expected Zoya to be there before he arrived because she was always first in and last out but he was wrong. When he checked his watch at 9.30 and she still hadn't arrived, he knew it was because of him and what happened the night before.

Zoya too barely slept all night. She couldn't believe how the day had turned out. She had been so excited to go to the cinema with her best friend but now she didn't know what he was anymore. She had convinced herself that she didn't feel the same way as him but she didn't know how this could continue. Would they stay friends? Did she want that? Did Aditya want that?

With all these thoughts in her head she finally managed to fall asleep at around 6am. Since no one was at home there was no one to wake her up so she missed all her alarms and by the time she jumped out of bed she was running very late.

She drove to the office as fast as she could. She had a whole day of meetings lined up and she was already behind schedule. Zoya ran into the building and into the lift and pushed the button. She kept looking at the time in her watch. It was showing 9.45 and her first meeting with her new client was at 10. Usually she would give herself 30-45 mins in the morning before taking any meetings but today she had no choice. She ran into the office bidding everyone good morning and as just as she was about to open the door to her cabin she noticed something from the corner of her eye. Aditya was sitting at his desk but looking directly at her. They both froze in place for a few seconds until akanksha called out to Zoya.

'Zoya Ma'am, your meeting is in 10 mins with Saira Kumar and her fiancé Kunal Babbal. They're coming to talk to us about the final preps for their wedding to be held at the end of next month. I've prepared our presentation and ordered snacks for them. Is there anything else you would like me to do?'

Zoya just stared at akanksha as she spoke. She didn't take in anything until Akansha spoke again.

'Ma'am are you ok? Is there anything else you need before the meeting?'

Zoya was shaken out of her trance and responded, 'no thanks akanksha, that's all.'

She stepped into her office and sat down facing the wall. She attempted to regulate her breathing and spoke to herself. 'It ok Zoya, this was going to happen at some point. You can't run from Aditya. You have to see him and talk to him at some point so the sooner you do it the better.'

Just as she was about to get up and walk out of her office to speak to him, akanksha knocked on her cabin door.

'Ma'am they're here, shall I send them in?'

Zoya huffed. The talk with Aditya would have to wait. She had a busy day and work was important.

'Yes akanksha, send them in.'

Aditya had already checked Zoya's calendar. He saw that she would be busy in meetings all day and so he was prepared to wait to talk to her.

He roamed around the office to waste time, discussed upcoming projects with the team and spent a lot of time just staring into space, attempting to come up with something to say to Zoya but every time he tried, his mind went blank. He realised that he would just have to go in ready to answer her questions and see how it went.

Zoya worked hard all day and at 7.30pm she was finally done with all her meetings. By this time most of the office has emptied out. Apart from her and Aditya, Mona and Akanksha were the last 2 people to leave and so before they left they bid adieu to both their bosses, sensing something was definitely wrong, hoping the the two would eventually find a resolution.

Just as they walked out, Aditya got up off his chair and slowly made his way towards Zoya's cabin. Zoya saw him approaching, like she was prey being stalked by a predator. She shivered unknowingly but tried to compose herself for what would be a make of break conversation.

Aditya slowly pushed the door open and let it shut behind him but he stayed rooted to the spot. He had decided that today he would keep a physical distance from her. Yesterday their closeness was what had caused the mess so today the ball was in her court. He wouldn't do anything she didn't want to.

Zoya got up off her chair and walked up to Aditya and again there was silence so Aditya took the opportunity to speak.

'Zoya, the first thing I want to do is apologise. I'm so sorry about yesterday Zoya, I'm so sorry.'

She just nodded her head, already tearing up because this whole discussion was about to be difficult.

'Aditya, do you really love me?'

Aditya was surprised that Zoya was asking him this question, but he quickly realised that it's not because she didn't trust what he said, but because she just couldn't believe this is what was happening to them.

'Yes Zoya, I love you. I love you more than I have ever loved anyone in my life. You are my person. I know you are.'

Zoya began to sob.

'I can't be your person Aditya. I wasn't even Yash's person. I am no one's person.' She started to flail her arms in despair, trying to spit out the words that were only going to create a rift between her and her best friend.

As much as Aditya wanted to hug her and comfort her, he had decided that he wouldn't touch her and so he just stood there staring at her.

'Zoya that isn't true. This is just your insecurity speaking. You don't truly believe that. You deserve to be loved, madly and completely. I love you like that and I always will.'

'Why Aditya why!!' She started to scream in despair. I don't want you to love me. 'I can't love again Aditya, I don't have it in me! I'm empty Aditya! I can't give anyone anything. I can't give you love or happiness! Don't waste your life over me!'

Saying this, she collapsed to the floor as if all the energy had been drained from her body. Adi collapsed on the floor next to her. He wanted to help her but he didn't know how.

'Zoya please listen to me please. I am not wasting my life over you! I told you yesterday, you are my life. Without you I have nothing. Please Zoya.'

Zoya's face was pointed towards the ground and she was sobbing into her hands. Adi couldn't take it any longer. His patience was gone when he saw Zoya sobbing like that. He had to comfort her and so he moved towards her and wrapped his arms around her slowly  rubbing her back trying to get her to calm down.

'Please Zoya please, give us a chance.'

Zoya pulled away from him and out of his embrace.

'You don't understand Aditya. I don't love you because I've forgotten how to. I don't know how to love. When Mahi had proposed to you, you said to me 'main pyaar kar hi nahin sakta'. Main bhi pyaar nahin kar sakti Aditya. Mujhse nahin hoga. Please mujhse nahin hoga...'

She continued crying and Aditya engulfed her in a hug again. She wanted to fight it but she couldn't. Despite what had happened between them, Aditya was still one of the most important and trusted people in her life.

They sat embracing for a few minutes with Adi rubbing Zoya's back. When she finally calmed down a little he pulled her away from him and spoke to her. In the few minutes that he was trying to calm her, Aditya figured out what he needed to do.

'Zoya, there is no pressure. Just because I love you doesn't mean that you have to love me back too. I want your happiness. Nothing else matters. I want to fight for you, not against you.

I will give you space and time. In return, promise me that you will give yourself a chance. Give your heart a chance please. You deserve love and I know one day you will fall in love because just like I was wrong when I said I couldn't fall in love, you're wrong too. You can and you will. Your heart is too good and too kind. Your heart is made to love and one day it will again, I know it.

I pray that I'm the lucky person you fall in love with. I will fight for you everyday to show how much I love you. To prove to you that you can trust me. But if I am not the person you fall in love with, I will go through my life just loving you without expecting it in return.

Real, true love means setting free the one you love. So I set you free Zoya. I have no expectations from you. Don't worry about me. Focus on yourself. I want your heart to heal like mine has. I'll be right here for you through it all and like I said, if your Allah wishes it then maybe one day you'll fall in love with me, but if you don't, that's ok too.'

Saying these words pained Aditya deeply but also gave him an odd sense of peace. If Zoya never fell in love with him, he felt like he would crumble. Wilt like a flower that had been denied water and sunlight but if that was to be his destiny then so be it. He loved Zoya enough to get out of her way. In his relationship with Pooja he and his love had always been selfish. In the end that was his contribution to the demise of his relationship. He knew Pooja was wrong to cheat on him but he didn't love her selflessly, the way a person should be loved and that strangled the little hope their relationship ever had.

With Zoya it was different. Not only had Aditya grown as a person, he wanted to be better for Zoya. He wanted to be worthy of her and so he would do everything he could to make sure he was.

Zoya was confused. How could he be so selfless? How could he love her like this? Even Yash had never treated her with this much care and respect and she gave him her everything. Aditya was asking for nothing but giving her everything.

As she was lost in thought, Aditya slowly got up off the floor taking Zoya with him and walked her to the couch. He wiped her tears with his thumbs and caressed her cheek. He then walked out of the room. Zoya wasn't ready for him to leave so suddenly. She couldn't believe this was it and again she had been left behind. All alone.

Just as she was pondering all these thoughts, Adiya returned to the office with a glass of water and some tissues for her to wipe her face. Zoya sighed in relief. While she didn't want to believe it, her heart already knew. Aditya was different. He wasn't yash. If he left, he would always come back to her.

'Please Zoya, drink some water. You'll feel better.'

Zoya obeyed willingly and drank like she had been thirsty for years. Once she was done Adi took the glass from her and put it back in the kitchen. He returned and sat next to her on the sofa.

'Zoya, it's getting late. I can't let you go home alone. Let me drop you home please? I won't come up, I'll just leave.'

She nodded as if she was in a trance, too tired to argue with him.

He walked her to his car, put her in the passenger seat and drove to her place and this time, just as he promised, he waited till he saw her enter her building and drove away leaving behind a very heartbroken Zoya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 263 4
Aditya Hooda and Zoya Siddiqui going through a turmoil in their lives where they'll be fighting with feelings. A short story.. 6 - #Bepannaah as of 2...
20.3K 1K 16
She doesn't know that she has been trapped by a man whom she loves the most until he becomes her universe.. ( This is my first story on wattpad, hop...
19.3K 854 7
This will be a series of one-shots and maybe short stories featuring Harshad Chopda and Jennifer Winget. This will mostly focus on Jenshad one shots...
73.7K 6.3K 36
Zoya Siddaqui and Aditya Hooda never knew that their destinies were entangled since forever, but one wretched night when they receive a call and find...