โ™” HEAVY IS THE CROWN โžค JACAER...

Av welldamnroe

โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค HEAVY IS THE CROWN | | JACAERYS VELARYON X OC ) ---- - ๐™ƒ๐™š๐™–๐™ซ๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™˜๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™š๏ฟฝ... Mer

HEAVY IS THE CROWN || JACAERYS VELARYON
โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒACT i: EPIGRAPH, PLAYLIST
โ†ณ i. DRAGONS UPON WHITE HARBOR
โ†ณ ii.HUMBLE PRINCESS, ARROGANT PRINCE
โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒACT ii: HEAVY IS THE CROWN
โ†ณ iv. WHITE HARBOR'S DIVINE
โ†ณ v. FROM BEYOND THE VEIL
โ†ณ vi. SOULS CONSUMED IN FLAMES
โ†ณ vii. INTO THE SERPENTS LAIR
โ†ณ viii. A CRADLE OF SNAKES
โ†ณ ix. DRAGONESS OF HEARTS
โ†ณx. OF FEAR AND FREEDOM

โ†ณ iii. INTO THE WAVES, WE RETURN

6.5K 317 64
Av welldamnroe

iii. INTO THE WAVES, WE RETURN
SEASON 1
— HOUSE OF THE DRAGON —

WHITE HARBOR
NEW CASTLE

A FEW FORTNIGHTS LATER

——————————————

  || A FEW DAYS LATER FOLLOWING THE LITTLE INCIDENT—Vyselyra peered aimlessly out the dusty window within her room. With a hand rested against her cheek and the other placed against the window seal—she patiently awaited her father, Lord Desmond's return. The poor man had set sail in high hopes of arriving at Kingslanding to congratulate the princess Rhaenrya on good terms. But of course, after her little endeavor at the dragon pit—lord Desmond was quite in low spirits about it and truly facing the repercussions of her actions.

Mainly from Alicent—accusing him of raising a mere beast than a daughter. Yet the lord of White Harbor would often beg to differ as Vyselyra knew of whom she was in a place where many did not. And only facing false acknowledgment from Otto. So not wanting to hear the strangling whelms of the so-called-queen ringing his ears; Lord Desmond diverted his attention quickly towards to Driftmark instead. There princess Rhaenys and lord Corlys graciously accepted him with open arms. After all the lord's father had pleaded for Rhaenys to be crowned Queen.

Atlas, whilst her father got to bask in more adventures, Vyselyra was order to remind grounded to her room. Of course it was not like she didn't acknowledge what she did—Vyselyra bragged about it strongly into the night. Even if it was muttered beneath the door crack so the guards on the other side may hear all the glorious details—though they much rather not. As guards seen egging on the princesses behavior was certainly punished. Yet those close to the lord Desmond did not heed in such obscured rules. But Naemera was not having that one bit—having felt embarrassed to the extent from her daughter's perspective.

To keep her mind of such things, Vyselyra marveled in all the stories her father would tell when he returned from trips—those of glory and ones of good fortune. Ones of Driftmark and Princess Rhaenys, Ones of Balerion the black dread—Viserys 1, her grand uncle being the rider of him. Often imagining how it would be riding such a large dragon and hoped that one day her dragon would reach that size.

Remembering all the battles he had fought along side them. Atlas, it was to be that the frustrated princess wasn't to embark on such meetings—deeming she were too young and rambunctious. There would come a time when Vyselyra would take great interest in such politics along with Medrick. But as of now, the princess being merely in her youth—cared nothing for it.

As she lay there, pouting—could she have been more different in her swift response at the dragon pit? Perhaps, but Vyselyra didn't in the least feel remorse about it. It was the keepers fault for sticking her in the pit. Plus she felt a connection slowly building between her and Aemond, after all the boy was alone and truly lost.

Her hazel eyes lingered from side to side following the common folk below whilst they went about their daily chores. Though the castle sat high upon those below, their bodies small like insects mingling—she could still distinguish man from woman. To the far left, trees sway in the distance to the gentle breeze. A calming river passing near by where the people gathered to clean clothing. Just below all the Mayham that was the city, waves crashed upon the sea rock—sounding like thunder in the sky.

Her silver hair resided to the side—trailing just short of her mid back. It had been braided upon her mother's request since Vyselyra had quite the endeavor of brushing it. Her mind riffled over the events of the previous day, especially the words uttered by the unknown woman. Ones that held little meaning to her at the very moment but would come back to haunt her later on in life.

But there was light that casted amongst the darkness that dragged its nettle like claws through her mind. Vyselyra would have presumed it would have been of Laenor or of Windermere, yet the light was with Jace. How this boy managed to stake claim to her mind—it quite made the princess feel a certain amount of pressure within the pit of her stomach.

As her eyes flickered to the sea birds high above the horizon—Vyselyra couldn't help noticing herself blushing slightly in the window at the thought of the boy. Dark haired, set with honeyed eyes. Not the typical Targaryen characteristics but perhaps that was what drew her in the most. Or perhaps it were Jacaerys was seemingly ready to risk life to protect her in a moment of desperation.

Amidst this, Vyselyra sighed heavily beneath her breath— a faint whisper mentally kicking herself for how she managed to ruin time to spend with Laenor.

But that would soon become the least of her worries when there was an urgent knock upon the door. Vyselyra hesitated a moment, planted where she stood—expecting a servant or guard to announce their presence. Yet the voice that spoke was not of them but of her lady mother. The last person she'd expect to come visit her as of right now, she wasn't exactly winning the number one daughter award.

Naemera immediately burst in through the door—with slamming loudly against wall. With her huffing like an enraged bull. As if Vyselyra hadn't been dealt the wrath of her mother already—Naemera felt the urgent need to bound her daughter to more teachings as proclaimed by the keepers.

" Why must you fight everything given to you with tooth and nail? Why must everything be a challenge?" The girl of ten merely rolled her eyes upon her mother's accusation. Yet moved to do nothing, instead shoulders slumped back loosely. A pout framed her face but the elder Targaryen wasn't playing coy.

"When I said stand up for oneself I did not mean almost burning your cousin to death and almost starting a war." Naemera pressed forth amidst exasperation upon her tone.

" I wasn't going to do it, I was merely scaring him. Aegon deserved it." Vyselyra pleaded half heartedly, but Naemera knew her daughter all too well and merely disregarded her words away. Only having casted a heavy emphasis upon a drawn out sigh, that Naemera drifted her attention towards the dresser.

She quickly trudged over and began rummaging through the clothes; tossing some into a small pile upon Vyselyra's bed—leaving her quite fruzzled. The a slight urgency about the way she held herself. The silence between mother and daughter was laid like poison upon the skin.

But the slight noise from Vyselyra kicking her feet against the bed was just enough to finally catch Naemera's attention from the set task. " So down at fleabottom, there was a woman." Vyselyra paused, before continuing once hearing a confirmed hmmm from her mother, " She said I would be Queen." She plainly stated with a slight hint of euphoria upon her tone.

Naemera paused her breath momentarily, " Do not listen to her." Answering amidst a disgruntled tone, " As I have warned you before, They only care for themselves and twist the minds of royals into their needs." Naemera wished to not deal with the entitlement that her daughter carried heavily upon her shoulders. For she was no closer to being queen than she. But Vyselyra begrudged, knew of the woman spoke up abet it be riddles for the common.

"I still do not understand why you feel the need to be in the company of Jace. You know exactly of what that boy is." Naemera muttered but yielded no further explanation. The youngest Targaryen merely furrowed her brows, her jaw held firmly to one side——"Dragons are arranged in all different sizes and colors. The same goes for horses, white mane but grey base color, so why can't Targaryens?"

Naemera was not moved in the least by this, her face held flat of any expression. While she supported Rhaenrya in her claim to the throne, and uncle Viserys decision; there was much controversy surrounding the birth of Rhae's sons. Thus that began to make Naemera question the legitimacy of Rhae's claim. For if she could make plain exemptions for herself such as mothering bastards, what else would she exempt?

" And may I add, I do not have fancy violet or purple eyes, yet I am not an outcast." Vyselyra yelped as she grabbed a dress from the bed and casted it to the floor careless intent. Naemera held her tongue as she quickly swapped the dress where it lay. Surveying it, Naemera clenched it tightly in her grasp——the silk of the fabric melting between her fingers.
With a final look, Naemera was bound to scold the girl—marching over to her before a guard intervened.

" what?" She questioned hastily—her eyes of fire still set upon Vyselyra. The guard thought hesitant at first mustered the strength to speak, " Lady... Lady Laena is dead M'lady." The guard fumbled a few letters before lowering his head. Like the sea washing away the sand, anger slowly faded from her features. The princess of twenty eight dropped what laid in her hand; as the news tear holes through her heart. Her chest upheaved as a tear slowly made a lonely path down her cheek.

Vyselyra felt the breath catch within her throat—worried on how Laenor going to take such news. She hadn't meant Laena nor ever would. But knew her mother had shared a great friendship. As her mother slowly slide down the wall upon the floor, Vyselyra felt the sudden urge to hold her mother close—to take the pain away. Or so that's what the young boy Jacaerys had slowly come to teach her.

——————————————-

DRIFTMARK

124AC

|| EVERYONE GATHERED SORROWFULLY AROUND THE DECORATED COFFIN WHERE LAENA's LIFELESS body laid perfectly still against the interior. The casket mirrored arms folded across her chest and hair craved down her shoulders deemed with such delicate hand work. Her bodily form upon the wood— for those whom cherished her deeply to remember her. A greatness to make her funeral more memorable and pleasant for her to cross over. The sun reigned the sky and lead rays of light to shine upon the once beautiful soul that walked the earth.

And so the travel there was less than a day. Driftmark was not far upon dragon back. Yet once again she could fly her dragon as the scolding did not last long. There she stood, fumbling her thumbs, her eyes of gold casted to the ground. Vyselyra still reminiscing over the pass days events. Now with this added upon her withering mind.

Vyselyra stood to the middle of her family—where she was surrounded on either side by Medrick and Torrhen, then by her father and mother—-Lord Desmond with Lady Naemera. Her mother held a distraught look upon her reddened face with Desmond holding her close to his side—her head resting heavily upon his shoulder.

Vyselyra tightened her jaw upon glancing over to Aegon and Aemond—the sign of boredom was seemingly spreading across eldest prince's face. The prince find it better to spend his time to flap his useless lips in a pfff manner. Perhaps she should have burned him at the pit and saved them all from this disaster. But atlas, the princess merely ignored his obnoxious self. This was not such a time for foolish boys.

Rhaenrya stood beside them with some distance inbetween—she held both of her boys close. Jacaerys even mustering a small smile to her wondering eyes. Laenor however, was so stricken with grief—his eyes did not carry the light with in him anymore. No longer the man she once held close and nor the one who taught her lessons of Valyrian; of flying upon dragon back.

The news had come of Laena's death by her father's raven. Him and the boys were the first to know with them being in the company of Lord Corlys. The cause, well it were death by dragon fire but by princess Laena's decision. For the pain of birth was far too much. Wondering out upon the starry night and mouthing the famous word to guide Vhagar to her. She wanted to die the death of a dragon rider and so she decided it would be. Perhaps that is why the casket was so delicately craved to resemble her.

She quietly wished to herself for it to be anyone but Laena. Especially after diverting her eyes back towards Laenor,
little tears had just barely bordered the edge of falling down his slim face. For out of all of her extended family, Laenor was the one she had been quite taken too and so seeing him going through this pain—hurt her deeply.

Vyselyra then glanced to see Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys with Baela clinging to her—her head rested upon her chest. Rhaena stood just to the left of her, head held low as tears made their journey down her face. She took pity on them, how cruel it was to lose a parent at such an age.

She watched them a moment more as the man beside them next to Laena's casket started to raise his voice louder—glaring at Daemon. Vyselyra studied the man, the proclaimed second born son of house Velaryon. Youngest bother to lord Corlys. A brother filled to the brim with hatred. It was quite evident of that when he focused upon Rhaenrya's children. The way he spoke, it mildly suggesting what all had know yet did not say.

The guards of Driftmark slowly wrapped the casket around with rope, to cast Laena off back to the sea. Lord Desmond had always taught her that family was everything—but even then, no one could be safe from death. As death did not discriminate, it was not kind. It snatched where it could, taking people who were far too young, far too good. It didn't pretend to care, it didn't pretend to distinguish.

"From the sea we came, to the sea we shall return..." Lord Vaemond's voice faulted as he spoke. The casket scratching at the stone—ropes cracking beneath the weight. Vyselyra solemnly casted her sight up to the sea as Laena's casket hit the water—- those words resounded through the entirety of her body. These very one's she soon would not forget—as the lullaby would sang once more to her in the future. Laena's casket sank to the endless depths of the sea to join her ancestors.

After the funeral, Vyselyra found herself jumbled into the mix with everyone else. Something she didn't quite want to find herself in. She'd rather go sight seeing with Windermere or taking in the sights of the other dragons. But atlas, against her wishes, her father made her stay. And to add to her dismay, he made her stay within proximity of her brothers.

Medrick stood at a corner, staring intently at his cup while Torrhen stood a ways beside him. Lord Desmond and Lady Naemera spoke softly to the Velaryon's—lord Corlys and Vaemond that is. Corlys was quite delighted to see the princess after such a time.

Torrhen and Medrick however, did nothing of the sorts as they fancied the wine more— even at their age. So Vyselyra spent her time merely gazing up at the dragons that flew above—her heart lusted to join them. Her eyes intently looking out for her dragon above the clouds.

Syraxs came like a flash of gold— before a riveting blue, bursted from the clouds—ascending was Azurine quite proudly. One sparkled with dark blue and gold marks as if she had been dipped in a pool of it. But the show was not over as a grand screech mumbled from above the castle—a flash of lime green as it clashed with the sun. Windermere, seemingly chasing after Azurine passing fast over head them—leaving the divine of the Harbour sighing.

Vyselyra was slightly stationed to the right of Medrick, her silver hair done up in a crown braid upon her dainty head. Leaning her cheek against the palm of her hand, merely rolling her eyes—-having to listen for the past 5 minutes at her brothers endless discussion of women and battles. It wasn't she did care for them, after all they could get annoying. So Vyselyra's dragon seeing was much to be desired, with having her brothers obnoxious selves in the back.

But the entirety of it was truly disturbed when someone came up beside her. A presence that called the young princess to instinctively gazed upon the spot. The young prince of Viserys and Alicent, Aemond.

" Hello Vyselyra." He spoke softly, with eyes still casted to the sea before him. Nervous, practically terrified at finally getting the chance to be this close without Jace intervening. To finally speak directly towards her. Vyselyra merely nodded with a small smile—but did not move to reply.

Aemond felt the aspiration upon his forehead—his heart pounding to continue on. His fingers shaking as he weaved them together in front of him, " It is nice to see you again." He says before clearing his throat discreetly.

The boy of thirteen then looks upon Vyselyra's slim face where little strands of sliver hair dance across. That's before she slightly turns a bit, catching the boy off guard, " The same to you Aemond." She beams openheartedly before returning to the dragons above. Aemond only feels flustered at the moment, his cheeks ablaze.

Trying to regain his confidence, a shared moment of silence is shared before Vyselyra speaks once more, " What do you think will be come of Vhagar?" Aemond merely shrugged, " I'm not sure." He then ceased, gazing warmly upon her features, " But whoever claims her will be powerful as she's the oldest and largest dragon." As he ended, Vyselyra quite liked the idea a lot if she was being honest. The thought of having the largest dragon in the world? Especially for a girl whom had be pushed around all her life.. She could only hope one day Windermere would succeed in becoming that size.

Aemond placed his hand upon the sandy surface, slowly moving it towards Vyselyra's smaller, paler hand. A risky move it were, but the boy was determined. His eyes flickered across the features of her slim face once more—a small curve formed of his lips noticing the faint freckles that lined the brim of her nose. Lost in the space of her eyes as they lightened with glee upon seeing her dragon above.

In that moment could he mustered the words he oftentimes wondered, to ask for her hand. To then speak freely to his mother about having her to wife for Aegon had already been claimed to Haelena. It was risky, but the boy cared for the girl whom saved him at the pit. But all that drained when someone interrupted his chance.

" Vyselyra!" A voice bellowed from behind, of which the princess jerked her head in the direction of—to see non other than Jacaerys. In truth, Aemond was quite disgruntled to be blocked once more by the Velaryon boy. Her eyes flickered from Jace to the girls beside him—her cousins from Laena.

Calmly, the young princess looked to Aemond once more before excusing herself. Much to his dismay, Aemond had no choice but to let her go. His eyes solumly returning to the open sea.

Vyselyra walked over to them, now fully leaving her brothers sights. Neither of them spoke, all looking upon another as if they didn't share blood. She gently swayed back in forth for moment, biting her lip as the silence lay like fog on her skin.

So being the leader she was, Vyselyra made the first move,
" Do not fret cousins, we are here for you." She whispers, placing a hand atop of Baela's. The girl merely casts Vyselyra a shy smile—sharing equal in pain. But that was cut short when Rhaenys made her way over—which made Jacaerys move quickly over to the side. Not even batting an eye towards him.

It was not that Rhaenys disliked him, it more that the old princess never took to him. Maybe her and Naemera shared their feelings in that. The boy merely watched as the princess knelt down before the trio. Placing either hand to Vyselyra's and Rhaena's cheeks; before bringing them in for a right huge.

Vyselyra though enjoyed the hug could tell Jacaerys was uncomfortable just by the looks he gave. She gently pulled herself from Rhaenys, closing the distance between Jace, "it's okay." She spoke, before taking his hand into hers.
" We've got each other." She then added, to which a small smile played across his lips. Aemond however watched from afar, having left his stumbling brother behind way before.

But even that was thrown out the window when he saw the girl that held a certain place in his heart, holding the hand of another. Vyselyra noticed him and beamed with excitement, but he merely ignored her—biting his lip slightly before taking leave to go elsewhere.

Vyselyra was quite stunned for a moment, but remained at Jacaerys's side—both holding another's hand tightly until the distraught Naemera noticed. The lady of white harbor placed her wine upon the table with hast; practically bolting to where her daughter stood. Without hesitation, Naemera smacked Vyselyra's hand away from Jacaerys, before grabbing her arm harshly.

" Your father and I told you stay with your brothers, and yet you have disobeyed." Naemera then flashed the young Velaryon boy a look of distain before sparring forth another complaint, " Now off to bed Vyselyra, since you can not listen." She grumbled, before marching with the young princess up the stairs.

__________________________

|| AS NIGHT FELL UPON THE CASTLE OF DRIFT-MARK, Vyselyra held the covers tightly to her chin—having acted as if she was asleep when last checked upon. Her father's guards were pretty keen on watching closely. Especially since she was one to trick them on often occasions, yet Vyselyra was in luck for the guards were manning White Harbor.

Once the last footstep echoed down the corridor, it was deemed the coast clear. Quickly like a mad animal, Vyselyra tossed the covers to the floor— beginning to formulate a plan to sneak out. In her mind, she had accumulated that she shall take Windermere out upon the dunes in search of the mighty Vhagar.

Vyselyra did care for her cousins yes, but there was something at the pit of her stomach—a fire that burned deep. Ever so slowly, she carefully unlatched the door —amazing it was not locked. But atlas, the door moaned beneath her touch. Whincing, Vyselyra slowly stuck her head out—glancing in either direction for any guards. Surprisingly, there were non. So began her plan as she trotted through the castle—avoiding any and all obstacles and detection.

Vyselyra ran beneath the stars, grasping her silk dress up ever so slightly. But when she was halfway there towards where the dragons nested, a loud rumble shock from above. Stunned, the princess stopped and just as she glanced up the mighty Vhagar screeched—-nearly blowing out the young girl's ears.

Vyselyra fell to her knees immediately, clenching at her ears—- before the realization hit her that someone had already claimed Vhagar and this sparked her interest. As who could have held the courage to do such a thing. The flame within Vyselyra grew vastly, her eyes of amber burned like fire within a dragons mouth. "Hmm," She exclaimed, before getting to her feet. In her mind, only one person that could have done this, knew about Vhagar was Aemond. There was anger shared, yet her curiosity was slowly growing on how the boy may react if she meant him half way.

As Vyselyra stepped in the direction towards the castle, her sight flickering towards Windermere lost deeply in sleep. Without thinking of the dire consequences that could happen, the princess took it upon herself, that she would use her dragon to go up and join Aemond. Her heart leaped happily for the boy, yet she'd never admit that to neither of her cousins.

But the thought of it was easier then doing the action. For as Vyselyra drew closer, Windermere awoke from his slumber rather happily to see her approaching. However that was short lived when Azurine showed herself. The she-dragon of pure blue snarled her teeth upon the girl. There had always been attitude shown between the two.

She was not a large dragon nor was she small—but seeing that level of teeth and horns to match, it was enough to frighten. Many would say she was much bigger than Meleys.

" Calm Azurine." Vyselyra spoke softly in the Valyrian she learnt from Laenor. Saphire blue eyes flared back at her—only responding in a groan. Vyselyra couldn't help but wonder if Azurine knew Windermere was her son?

But even dragons can be pushed and Vyselyra was about to learn that the hard way. As the young princess tried to mount her dragon, Azurine became rather violent. Thrusting her tail round, and upon Sensing that was not enough to deter her; Azurine then flung her head up to the air. Then action then caused Windermere to react rather violently.

Unimpressed with the she—dragon's attitude. He snarled back, whipping his tail to the air and outstretching his wings to match. " Azurine stop!" Vyselyra shouted yet the dragon of 28 did not heed the commands of the girl. Merely flickering her eyes elsewhere.

Instead, Windermere took it upon himself to protect Vyselyra but in his doing so would hurt her. As he ascended forward for his leap into the air, Azurine begrudgingly followed. Before letting out a groan of annoyance before chomping down upon Windermere's tail. The young dragon scheeeched in pain—before whipping his head to face the elder dragon.

Snarling, prompting forgetting the precious cargo he carried began to violently shaking his back —unbeknownst to him tossing the young princess down among the ground with a crash. In his mind, this act would remove Azurine's grasp upon him.

A sharp pain reeks it way through her left arm, with the all too familiar crack echoing through her ears. Which she follows with a scream of agony followed closely by Windermere screeching in a pain—having felt the same as her. He hastily lifts his one wing up before quickly tucking it back at his side.

At this time Jacaerys, Lucerys and the girls were already making their way out to figure who had taken Vhagar—having seen her move from the windows.'Jacaerys was the first to hear the scream followed the screech to which he paused momentarily—glancing from side to side, " Did you hear that?" He asked rather quickly, before his eyes set forth to scanning the darken landscape around him.

" It sounded like a girl and perhaps a dragon." Baela exclaims. In turn causes both brothers to share a look of horror— especially with Vyselyra having been uncounted for.

Vyselyra clutches her arm tightly—-noticing it now held a slightly deformed look. How was this going to be explained? As she looks upon both dragons quarreling, Rhaeys is most upset as her fins atop her slender neck rise high with every screech. That was before Windermere head butted her hardly against the chest. Thus in turn caused both to chase another into the sky.

" Vyselyra!" A voice calls before the dark headed prince slides feet first across the sand, taking his place beside her. She winced heavily as he throughly examines her arm. It was indeed broken at the wrist—most likely from her weight upon impact to the ground. But they did not know this, so she spun a lie.

" We need to get her back to the maesters quickly." Lucerys said rather anxiously. That was all Jacaerys needed as he then lifted Vyselyra upon his shoulders. He readjusted her before starting the short distance to the castle. However, when they reached their destination, Aemond was awaiting them, having alright beat them to the entrance. Perhaps waiting for the famed rogue princess to join him.

" It's him!" Baela exclaims which Aemond quickly counters, "Aye it is me." Before throwing his drape upon the dirt floor. " Vhagar is my mothers dragon," Baela begins again but the boy merely shrugs it off, " Your mother is dead."

All feelings of guilt flees as the fire ignited in Vyselyra once more—her eyes almost glowed like flames. This was not the Aemond she had known, this one was very reminiscent of Aegon.

Jacaerys slowly backs away, knowing full well she's upset. " That is not right to say Aemond!" Vyselyra blurts as she can not control the flame that grows. But Aemond takes a step closer, " Now that I have claimed Vhagar, I will claim my next."

A shuttered breath escaped her mouth hearing those very words uttered from him. The young prince then made for her—trying to grab for whatever he could. But this of course did not pass the check of her cousins who were upon him like hounds to a feast.

As she lay there, holding onto Jace for dear life—she could only reminisce in the memories of the old Aemond. What happened the boy she knew from the dragon pit, the one she bonded with. The one she took pity upon when his brother had a pig brought out—the pink dread... they called it and laughed in his face. Atlas, it seemed that boy was long gone, was that all she was too him? Even after she defended him?

Of course, Jacaerys was not having the scramble as he gently placed her down upon the floor. There the princess felt her heart drop into the pit of despair, begging, pleading with him it was not necessary. If it were accounting all rights, then Vhagar had been claimed truthfully. But it were to no avail as neither him nor the girls would listen to her calls.

With one more look upon her rounded features torn with grief, Jacaerys then turned on his heels to face the boy that made threats, " You will not have her." He grumbled behind set teeth. Yes, the velaryon prince may have been bloodied for the brawl and so were Rhaena and Baela—poor Lucerys had the worst of it.

Aemond merely cocked a grin, " Vyselyra you were meant to be with me, to be at my side." He protested proudly—offering a hand out towards her. " All I've ever wanted was to speak with you. To be in your presence." For a moment her mind glazed over as the voice of the woman slowly consumed her breath. A Queen she will be... could she take herself to be beside Aemond? Where Jace glued himself to her side, Aemond stayed low within the shadows, ever hopeful one day Vyselyra may cast him a smile.

With this slight notion, Vyselyra steadily arose—slightly whincing as pain grappled through her body. With a sharp inhale, the princess took the few steps towards the youngest Targaryen—passing a rather cold gazed fixed on the anxious young Jace. His mouth sat agap as to motion a word of caution yet none came. Aemond's hopeful eyes of blue locked upon her small stature. His gaze unwavering as she approached, with the promise may have just lured her in.

Vyselyra then stops abruptly, just inches from the dark haired boy. Her eyes flicker from aemond then to Jace. She had cared for both boys deeply, perhaps Jace just a tad more. After all her heart had ached for him after hearing that Ser Harwin had passed—which was undoubtedly caused by the means of Aemond's mother.

Vyselyra slowly turned back to face Aemond—outstretching her good arm towards his, yet did not close the distance. A hesitation guided within her. A force of betrayal if she chose Aemond. A voice of Harwin rings between her ears; as the man's wise wisdom with caution to the wind. The knight that had raced her and Windermere through the streets of Kingslandings.

And so with the voice of Harwin as though he stood right beside her, Vyselyra retracts her hand back. Weary eyes held upon the Targaryen dressed in green. His face only then twisting with turmoil. Those once hopeful eyes glazed over with anger, " You would rather choose the bastard boy over me?" He simply spat.

Vyselyra's lids felt heavy as eyes narrowed, a vertical wrinkle formed between her eyebrows. Her lips pursed slightly whilst fist balled tightly. " He is not a bastard! How could you Aemond? What happened to you?" She whimpered out through shutters. " You gain a dragon and suddenly you feel the need to go around like an arrogant jerk as your brother is."

Aemond does nothing to defend himself against her words of hatred. But what unfolded next was never what Vyselyra intended to happen. This night had turned into a seemingly inevitable nightmare. Jacaerys rushed forward pushing Vyselyra behind him along with the others following in suit. Stunned, Vyselyra carried on caring for her wounded arm, glancing upon brawl when she could—merely to see where Jace and Aemond stood.

But one moment they were all fighting and throwing punches, as she was completely flabbergasted. As much as the princess deemed herself ready to fight, the others doubted. As she set her sight upon the ruined prince, the entirely of body felt like a pit of darkness engulfed her whole. 

There Aemond Stood, a rock raised height above his shoulders with the other hand gripping into a poor Lucerys—whom held fast. The little princess of White Harbor could not bear it anymore—standing at once to egg on those fighting. Using her good hand, Vyselyra brags on for the winner. Yet amidst her chatting, a blood curling scream rang throughout the entirety of the tunnel.

Immediately Vyselyra seized her chant, eyes flickering towards the boys to find both Luke and Jace slowly stepping away. The  revealing a young Aemond covering the entirety of his right eye. And as he did so, light trances of blood trickled beneath it. That smell of iron filled the air in an instant.

It was not long before Isen along with Almond and two guards of Driftmark came to the brawl that was shortly concluded. The father's guard knelt before her, " Who did this to you?" He acquired rather hastily. Vyselyra stumbles to find her words, still clenching her broken arm. Watching how Aemond changed upon achieving a dragon was not at all what she expected. He was not the person she knew nor remembered trying to be friends. The way he had wanted to grab her and the way he spoke of her, twisted her stomach in the wrong way. This Aemond was bitter and foul mouthed; much like his brother Aegon. The very boy she despised with ever bone in her body—the one she so desperately wanted to burn.

And so, not wanting herself to be blamed nor to be found guilty, her mind reviled in all the days advents and so, " It was Aegon." She muttered before glancing over to Aemond as he held his bloodied eye. She knew it not to be true, but it was an act to save herself and her cousins and perhaps even Aemond. For she knew her father and mother's wrath.

"He is your brother Aemond, so is this true?" Almond asked in a stern held voice. The boy prince does nothing but looks at her through a bloody eye in disbelief. " Yes, it must have been Aegon as how could I have done it?" He spoke through clenched teeth.

But Isen did not bother to question Vyselyra. Instead he picked the girl up using both arms—- worry had made itself at home in his features.

It wasn't long before her father came to her rescue, and his temper showed. "How did this happen!" Lord Desmond's voice bellowed through the great hall. " I bring my family here under the pretenses that they would be safe. And now I am awoken to find my daughter has received a broken arm from your son!" Aegon does nothing but look upon all flabbergasted. With King Viserys huffing in rage at the boy's poor performance.

But Queen Alicent's feathers were ruffled at the old lords audacity to merely accuse her son when the evidence said otherwise. " My son did not harm your child!" She screeched, pointing holy towards her," This was of your own child's doing." Alicent protested before turning her grief stricken gaze to a badly wounded Aemond.

But Lord Desmond of House Manderly would not stand for such treacherous treatment. He merely bite his lip to his hold tongue from furthering more hatred. It was not soon before Rhaenrya came upon the scene which seemed to double the anger of which Queen Alicent felt.

Jacaerys glanced upon the princess—those very of eyes as light as honey could tell a whole story if opened correctly. He wanted to desperately hold out his hand towards hers as she lay there—clanging to her father. But atlas, it seemed Naemera had other ideas. She never took to the young lad and it seemed she never would neither.

Lucerys, blooded and having suffered the worst of it—
tugged upon his brother's cloak. There was no need in ruffling more feathers... So as the rightful heir to the throne pressed her version—believing her sons over the accusations brought on by Alicent—Lord Desmond exhaustibly threw his hands up in anger.

There was no time for such foolish behavior nor did he have a taste for it. He'd rather conquer the highest wave the sea would bare than to sit here and dabble in this. Naemera must have considered the same as her facial expressions spelled it all out.

With one finally glance around the room, Lord Desmond held his daughter tightly in his arms—casting the greens a look of disgust before taking his leave with the reminder of his family following. Vyselyra watched sorrowfully as Lucerys waved solemnly at her—not knowing they would be barred from seeing each other for 8 years. A lifetime for some...

But Rhaenys was quick to stop the disgruntled lord. " How about we have our maesters treat her for the night and you shall all take your leave in the morning?" She states before casting a subtle smile.

After this slight incident, against the princesses wishes, she was barred from ever seeing nor visiting drift mark for a while. And that even included visited her cousins Baela and Rhaenys. She was even denied to see Aemond and Aegon again—which honestly wasn't much of a problem at all in the least. Vyselyra could not take what Aemond had become and that weighted heavily upon her shoulders. What about the offer he held to her? To be his queen.

As the next dawn drew across the horizon of pale blue and red, Windermere readied for Vyselyra to take herself to him. Naemera hoisted herself quickly upon Rhaeys back, ready to leave as the sorrow was great with her. Her lady sister was now gone and there was not there for her. Naemera only gripped on the saddle tighter before passing a look disappointment towards the castle.

But before Vyselyra could hoist herself upon a frustrated and growling Windermere, his tail of fins still holding some traces of blood; Jace came rushing like a mad man from the castle.

" Vyselyra wait!" He yelped breathlessly, causing the princess to halt her movements. Her gaze fell upon a boy huffing and buffing, barreling his way towards her at astounding speed. It then became apparent that the boy carried something small in his hands close under his cloak.

" This is for you." He exclaimed, handing what was wrapped in the cloak. He kept a weary eye towards lady Naemera and Rhaeys as Vyselyra slowly unwrapped. Slowly revealing a small, puppy with curly brown fur. Its darling blue eyes glanced upon her with hopefulness.

" The puppy is from me." He paused, " And Laenor." He added before flashing a light smile. But it seemed Naemera wasn't in the least impressed. Merely huffing at the boy's poor attempt.

Vyselyra passed a dismissive look before returning to him, " Thank you Jace." She said with sorrow riding upon her tone.  The pair stared at another for a moment more, just as Laenor made the long journey towards them.

Holding the puppy closer, flickering her sight down at the her fumbling within her grasp, " I shall call her Meraxes." Vyselyra beamed as Jace nodded in agreement before Laenor butted his two cents in, " What a fine name." He said before gesturing for a hug. Vyselyra happily reciprocated, squeezing him hard against her whilst Meraxes barked.

Placing his chin upon her head, he muttered, "Goodbye little dove." Before giving a small little kiss upon her forehead. A sniffle came from her as she slowly pulls away,  a smile as wide as the horizon casted on her reddened lips. But as much as he try, Laenor could not hold back the trouble he felt for not being there. For not helping them, for not being the man he wished to be. But such words would never escape his lips nor would they ever found themselves upon Vyselyra's ears. With one final wave filled harbored grief, Vyselyra and Meraxes were well on their way.

Naemera simply nodded to Ser Laenor, whom held a stature locked in despair. Both Laenor and Jacaerys solumly watched the Manderly ships slowly depart out—their sails holding firm against the wind.  Azurine soon following in suit; her wings vastly expanded across the horizon—larger than the boats sailing beneath her.

A single tear escaped from Laenor's eye, as with the tensions growing, he feared he may never see the young lass again. Jace merely stayed put as Windermere began his run to gain speed before leaping into the air. With the tail of the mighty nearly knocking him over. The beast of green slowly fell in behind The blue princess of the sea.

As Driftmark faded into the distance, Vyselyra held tightly upon the saddle of Windermere. The he dragon rumbled a low questioning groan. Little did Vyselyra know, that would be last time she'd see Ser Laenor alive. If she had known that, she'd been a bit more sincere in her response. Azurine flew high upon the sea—partly above the he—dragon. Her wings of pale blue outstretching pass the length of the his.

Vyselyra held Meraxes closer against her chest. One day, in the back of her mind, she wished to see all the Velaryon's again—Rhaena and Baela, Corlys, Rhaenys, Laenor and not forget, Jace...The boy whom held a special spot upon her heart.

___________________________

*Aegon when Vyselyra blames
her broken arm on him *

" Vyselyra when she's told that threatening to burn Aegon isn't acceptable "

_______!

I really hope you all
enjoy this chapter as
I much I did writing it.
I'm building them up slowly!

Until next time,
Shiv 🧸________

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

45.1K 1.3K 35
"Blood of the Old runs thick... the winds of change will stir..." Why the Doom of Valyria occurred had been a mystery to all across Essos and Westero...
15K 356 16
Tatia Velaryon happens to be the twin sister of Jace Targaryen, the middle child of Rhaenyra Targaryen, but she happens to be quite different than mo...
106K 2.6K 34
โ„‹๐’พ๐“‡๐’ถโ„ฏ๐“‰๐’ฝ (๐’.) ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’”๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ๐’๐’†๐’”๐’” ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’„๐’‚๐’๐’๐’๐’• ๐’“๐’†๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’ ๐’•๐’, ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’‚...