The Moving Castle: Howl's Mov...

Von JustHowItGoes

Hidden in the Waste, Howl's moving castle roams, powered by the very powerful fire-demon Calcifer. Delacy was... Mehr

Prologue: Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NEW STORY

Prologue: Part 2

5.1K 170 52
Von JustHowItGoes

"There, don't you look marvellous!" Exclaimed Howl when Delacy finally walked down from Howl's bedroom.

Howl had spent the better of the morning in town looking for the perfect dress for Delacy to wear when she goes to meet Madame Suliman. Using the banister for support, Delacy made her way towards his spread open arms, as Howl look from Calcifer to Delacy. It was obvious Howl was seeking approval from them both.

"She looks like a school teacher." Remarked Calcifer, enjoying the immediate sour expression that worked its way onto Howl's expression.

"Quite, you twat!" Roared Howl, pointing a long and slender finger at Calcifer.

Ignoring the two bickering fools, Delacy was too busy tying the delicate bow around her neck. Once she tried a simple bow, she began to brush and flatten the pretty pink dress that Howl had purchased for her. It was a simple A-line dress, the best of its modern style, and it was obvious nothing to sneeze at. Of course, Howl wouldn't just buy a simple dress, this was Howl, of course, he wouldn't be seen buying something of low quality.

"I'm ready," Delacy called, her voice still soft but somehow even though he was bickering with Calcifer, Howl had managed to hear her.

Turning towards her, Howl held an arm for her to grasp, reaching forward Delacy wrapped her arm around his. The two walked towards the door, spinning the dial to Kingsbury, Howl waited until the small chime echoed throughout the room. Opening the door, the loud sound of people talking and the screeching and honks of cars horns echoed through Delacy's ears. An expression of wonder was adorned on her face, with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. Delacy looked at Howl with raised eyebrows, but the older man simply only smiled at her. Squeezing her arm gently, Howl was the first to move out of the building, looking over her shoulder Delacy saw the old stone building that Howl had claimed to be his door.

"Come on, Delacy. You'll have time for sightseeing later." Murmured Howl as he leads the smaller woman away and down the busy street.

Walking through the very familiar streets of Kingsbury, Delacy couldn't help but feel happiness grow in her, remembering all the lovely memories that she and Howl had made in their youth when they were training together under Madame Suliman's eye. There were many people on this busy street, and Delacy found herself being constantly knocked and pushed, noticing this Howl wrapped a protective arm around her as he pulled her closer to his side. Glaring at the men and women who dared touch her, some shrank away or some glared back at the raven-haired male.

"It seems so long ago when we use to do this, doesn't it, Howell?" Delacy randomly spoke, looking down at the markets below as they walked on a stone bridge.

"Yes, it seems like a lifetime ago." Replied Howl looking down at the same market that the young couple had spent many of their youth exploring and running through.

"Maybe it was." Whispered Delacy making Howl stare at her in hurt.

They stop momentarily to bast in the warm sunlight and to allow the sight of the markets below to enter their mind, reliving their childhood in a span of few seconds. Moving along, the couple didn't go unseen by citizens those who they pass would stare. Women would giggle, covering their giggles as they pointed at Howl. Men would stare at Delacy, hoping the pale-haired woman would glance at them. But Delacy didn't do such things, her mind being preoccupied with the upcoming meeting that she and Madame Suliman were about to have. However, Howl would look at the women who giggled and smiled at him, bathing in their attraction to him. He would smile and wink at those he found pretty or even beautiful if he was lucky. But he stopped this once he heard a young woman speaks to her husband, with a small happy smile.

"Oh, look at that couple, aren't they just lovely together! Just imagine their children!" The young married woman gushed to her husband as she pulled excitedly on his arm.

"Yes, dear." The husband spoke turning to look at Howl with a glare watching as Howl winked at a passing woman, but it washed away when he looked at his wife, adoration was clear in his eyes as he looked down at her. "Shame, that he doesn't seem so smitten."

Hearing those words, Howl stared down at Delacy, but she didn't seem to have noticed the comments. Still too focused on the subject of Madame Suliman and how she was going to explain that she no longer has her powers. And for the remainder of their walk, Howl didn't dare look at any other woman. As they neared the Palace walls, Delacy began to think, if any of Madame Suliman's men saw Howl, they will capture him and force him to do their bidding. She knew how much Howl feared the Wizard's society, even if he never verbally spoke of it, Howl's freedom was his most prized possession and she wouldn't allow herself to be the reason why he lost it. As they approached the castle, Delacy stopped making Howl paused in his step.

"What is it?" He asked, looking down the road in case he didn't see any upcoming cars, but there wasn't any to be seen.

"This is far enough," Delacy softly spoke not looking up at him. "I can take it from here."

"Whatever do you mean?" Howl questioned scrunching his brows.

"I mean, Howl," Snapped Delacy staring up at Howl, ripping her arm away from him, she stood away from him. "I don't need you anymore. I never did! You can return to your castle and act as nothing happened. Like you never took my powers. Like you feel you have some dept to me."

"Del-" Howl tried as he reached out for her again, standing in front of each other.

"No, I mean it, Howl!" Delacy snapped. "If they see you, they will force you to report and your life of flying around and being free will be over! So, Go! Begone! Shoo! Off with you!" Flinging her arms towards him, Delacy began to wave him away from her and towards the direction that they had come from.

With a flushed face, anger spread its way onto Howl for the treatment he was receiving from Delacy. "Fine! Suit yourself!" He snapped. Turning swiftly on his feet he began to march away, but he stops, spinning on his feet he pointed a finger at her. "You- you!" But Howl's stops himself, sucking a large breath of air he inflates his cheeks. But again he turns around and wordlessly marches away, but this time he does not turn back.

With a heavy sigh, Delacy turns away from where Howl had once stood. Looking upwards she stared at the luxurious palace in front of her. Looking both ways, Dalacy quickly as she could move across the busy streets. Once she made it to the other side, hot flashes shot through her body. Already she could feel her heart beating more than it should.

"Curse you, body." She swore, flattening her dress.

Walking towards the entrance, Delacy saw the four guards that stood outside. They never turned to look at her, but she felt their eyes on her. They must know who she was, she thought. Pausing slightly when she saw how far the palace was from where she stood, Delacy sighed a breath of anguish.

"The palace is so far away." She whispered.

But she continued to walk anyway, walking down the stone path, as she neared closer to the steps. She was greeted with the many stairs that led to the entrance of the palace. On both sides, guards stood, an intimidating force to most she thought. But right now, they were going to witness her having a heart attack as she began to track up those stairs.

Hot flashes flashed through her mind, sweat poured down her temples and she was sure there were pools of sweat around her body. Her heart hurt and it cried, and her legs were wobbly and shaking, cursing her for the treatment she forced them to do.

"Miss Lewis," A royal advisor greeted her. "Follow me, if you will."

Following the advisor, Delacy walked through the dimly lit building. It was a beautifully made building, the best of the best working together to create such a building. And Delacy always found herself admiring the work that is offered and she always found something new to admire, and today was the small golden specks that the wooden walls seem to have.

"Miss, please wait here for a moment." The advisor spoke before disappearing.

Delacy didn't have to wait long, one of Madame Sauliman's many servants soon appeared. Her servants all had the same appearance. The same blonde hair, the same haircut, the same height and stature, the same outfit. You name it, they all had it. It wasn't hard to spot Madame Suliman, sitting in her wheelchair in the foyer of the greenhouse. Her other two servants were treating and bending to her will, doing as she says. She watched from the doorway as one of her servants poured her a cup of tea, the servant who had escorted her here, left to inform Madame Suliman of her arrival.

"Delacy!" Madame Suliman exclaimed, waving her hand for Delacy to come forth.

Standing in front of Madame Suliman, Delacy immediately felt the nerves form in her body. Tugging at the bottom of her sleeve, she bowed her head allowing her hair to create a veil. Madame Suliman sat straighter as she took in the new appearance of Delacy.

"Dear, you've changed your hair colour. It becomes you." The older sorceress spoke, a gentle smile on her wrinkled face. "My, have you been eating? You've lost weight! You! Go fetch Miss Lewis something to eat!"

"That won't be necessary, Madame," Delacy spoke, stopping the boy with a wave of her hand.

Madame Suliman eyes squinted hearing the change of tone of Delacy's voice. Even though Madame Sauliman was hard of sight now, she could still see the colour change of Delacy's eyes. Feeling the aura around her, Madame Sauliaman could only feel one female sorceress and that was herself.

"My dear, what happened to you that night. We could not locate you. Where did you go?" Suliman asked, sipping her tea.

"Howl defeated me, Madame. He was too strong." Delacy spoke with embarrassment. "I was recuperating so I would be presentable to be in your presence, Madame."

"I see," Hummed Sauliman with an expressionless expression.

"That's not all, Madame," Delacy added, a ball formed in her throat as she tried to swallow her sobs. "My power's they are gone."

This seemed to catch Madame Suliman's attention, pausing from sipping her tea she looked at her most prized witch an expression of almost disgust had been created. "What?" She snarled, thrusting the teacup and saucer into the hands of one of her servants. "By Merlin's beard do you mean your powers are gone?"

"The attack that Howl used when we fought, it took my powers with it," Delacy explained almost pathetically. "But, I can still be of use!"

"How?" Madame Suliman asked with a raised brow. "How can you be of use to me or to our King when you have no powers?"

"I can teach the younger apprentices!" Delacy spoke, cupping her hands together.

"But, that is my job. Do you wish to replace me?" Retorted Madame Sulaiman.

"No! Of course not, Madame!" Delacy replied, retracting and choosing her next words carefully. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she looks back up at Madame Suliman. "I cannot be the King's beast anymore, Madame. But I can still be of use to you, to our king, our kingdom. All you have to do is tell me how."

"But you are of no use to our kingdom, our king, or to me. Without your powers you are nothing. We need those who are either of physical capabilities or magical capabilities and you are neither of those now." Scrutinized Madame Sulaiman. "My dear, we are fighting a war. And you are a liability, it would be best for you to leave. I'm releasing you of your contract."

Tears immediately welled into Delacy's eyes, snapping her head up, she didn't hide the tears that fell. "Madame, please! Where will I go? What will become of me?" She wept. "This is all I have, this is all I am. I have nothing. I am nothing without my magic."

"That is no longer my concern, now please, fix yourself and leave." Was all Madame Sauliman said before her servants ushered her out of the palace.

"Madame, please!"

                                                                                       *****

After having stormed away from Delacy, Howl's anger did not crease. He was angry at the mistreatment he received from Delacy. With clenched fists, he didn't bother to stare at the many women and men that stared and giggled at him. But he didn't stop for them.

"That-that woman!" He spat, digging his nails into his palms. "The audacity! The nerve!"

Turning the final corner he continued to stomp towards the building that would lead him to his castle, grasping the handle, he stopped himself. Was he really going to leave her there, he knew Sauliman wouldn't allow her to continue to work for her. Not without her powers.

'Where would she go?' He thought to himself, but he shook his head of the thoughts. Bitterly he continued his thoughts. 'She wanted to be rid of me and now she is. So, now it's her own doing!'

Walking into the building, he spotting Calcifer patiently waiting for him. Throwing more logs around the Fire-demon, he sat down on the couch in front of him.

"Where's Delacy?" Calicfer asked looking from the door to Howl after not seeing the woman.

"She wanted to do this on her own." Responded Howl with a careless wave of his hand.

"And so you let her?" Scrutinised Calcifer.

"She told me she didn't want me there, I did as she asked." Defended Howl, widening his eyes for effects.

"And you listened to her." Calcifer drawled out while rolling his eyes.

"What would you have me do! Stay with her when she didn't want me there? I tried to make amends and she refused me!" Cried Howl.

"You really are a fool." Replied Calcifer with another roll of his flaming eyes.

"How dare you!" Howl cried.

"Howl, you fool! You're wanted from Sauliman and the King! If you had taken one step in there! You would've been taken in and forced to do their bidding! Your excitement of being in her presence again has already made you an idiot! And now, she's there all by herself! You left the lamb in the wolf's den!"

"I'm such a fool..." Mumbled Howl as realisation struck him.

"That's what I have been saying this whole time! Have you not been listening to me! Come on!" Screamed Calcifer.

"I have to go get her." Mumbled Howl in panic. Standing from the couch, Howl didn't pay any mind to Clacifer's insults. Rushing out of the front door, Calcifer sat there for a moment, as he realised he was alone.

"Howl?" He called out. "Howl! I need more wood! You forgot to give me more wood! Howl!"

But Howl didn't respond or come back much to Calcifer's dismay. Looking from the closed door and to the pile of wood that was too far for his tiny arms to reach. But still, Calcifer tried.

"Eeh!" He screeched as he stretched for the log. But as he knew, the log was just too far away. Looking from the log and back to where Howl was sitting, Calcifer began to pout.

                                                                                           *****

After having been escorted away from the palace, Delacy was left to her own doings. Heavy sobs left her and it physically hurt her heart, that she had to sit against the stone walls of the palace walls. Bringing her knees to her chest, she covered her face with her hands, as she continued to cry. Many people walked passed her, and they all stared none bothering to offer the girl assistance. Some would mumble to themselves or to the people they were walking with as they pointed down at the distressed girl.

Continuing to sob, Delacy only began to panic when she felt as if she couldn't breathe. Her chest hurt that it made her cry out in pain, then her head began to ache. She felt nauseous, that she began to start gagging and coughing. Clenching her throat, Delacy willed herself to stop crying and slowly they stop. Yet, still, a few years would leave her eyes. Wiping them, she sat there, thinking.

She had nowhere to go, she lived or used to live in the palace. She had no name, no money, no clothes. All her possessions were still in the palace and she knew Madame Sauliman didn't want to see her, so she wouldn't allow her to gather her belongings.

Shakely she stood to her feet, brushing away the dirt and leaves that had collected onto her dress. Delacy began to stumble away, occasionally she would brush newly fallen tears away. She walked through the back streets of the Kingsbury, not wanting to be seen in such a state. Still weak, Delacy would rest occasionally either by standing or sitting down if she found a bench or seat. But when she would walk, she would use the walls of the building to support herself.

'I must look drunk.' She thought harshly to herself. With her head bowed she continues to track her way through the empty walkways.

The backstreets were especially empty that day due to a parade on the main road. Delacy began to mumble to herself on what she was going to do with herself, she no longer had a job. And so she began to think of possible jobs she could apply for that would offer her money and a roof over her head. But it seems that Delacy was too concentrated with her own thoughts that she didn't see the soldier standing in front of her.

"Hey," The young blond soldier spoke to her, a smile was present on his face. He was leaning on the stone wall with his elbow, his hand was buried through his blond hair.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Apologised Delacy, but her nerves soon built up when another soldier join them.

"She's a pretty one." The new solder commented looking over the first soldier's shoulder. "What's your name, sweety?"

Delacy didn't respond as she took a step backwards and away from the two males.

"Oh, see what you've done! You scared the little mouse. It's okay." The blond soldier spoke the same smile still on his face, but it didn't calm Delacy it made her anxiety even worse.

"I need to go," Stuttered Delacy as she tried to avoid the outstretched hand that the blond soldier was using to try and touch her.

"Your hair! What a beautiful colour! Is it natural?" The solder commented. "How about we go for a cup of tea? My treat."

"No," Delacy declined, brushing his hand away. "I need to go."

"Look, you upset her!" The second soldier scoff as he leaned down to look at Delacy's face. "But, she's even more cuter now that she's mad."

Taking another step back, Delacy jumped when a firm and heavy hand was placed on her shoulder. Looking up at the figure, relief flooded her when she saw Howl standing there looking at the two soldiers with a smile.

"Howl!" She gasped with relief.

"Hey, love, sorry that I'm late." Greeted Howl. "I've been looking all over for you."

"Hey!" The first soldier spoke. "Who are you?"

"I'm with her," Responded Howl, lifting a finger he pointed it at the two soldiers. "And you - are taking a walk-"

And with a few flicks of his wrist, the soldiers began to walk away, thanks to Howl's magic. Watching the soldier's walk away, Delacy moved away from Howl, who looks down at her with a smile.

"Why..." She muttered. "Why did you come?"

"I didn't understand at first." Spoke Howl. "But a lump of coal began to speak sense behind your actions."

"I see," Delacy softly spoke, thankful for Calcifer at that moment. "Madame Suliman let me go, I'm of no use to her anymore."

"That wench!" Hissed Howl. "Just you watch Delacy, we will-"

"Howell!" Delacy raised her voice, stopping the seething man. "It's fine. She's right, I'm useless. Everything I was, was because of my magic."

"You're wrong," Spoke Howl with emotions, grasping both of her hands he looked down at Delacy's blue eyes. "Everything you were - are. Was because you were you! You are not useless, Delacy! May the person whoever made you believe that be Horcrux by Merlin himself!"

"You always said magic was an extension of a person, Howell!" Interrupted Delacy, the cross and upset expression reappearing again. Howl bit his lip remembering himself constantly saying that, furrowing his brows he leaned down closer to the woman. But his brows flew up when he saw the tears. Oh, the many tears that fell down her cheeks at that moment. "I lost myself, Howl. Magic is all I ever was! My identity as a person was being a witch! And now, I'm nothing! I have no name, no fortune! And now, I have no home! I have nowhere to go!"

"Nonsense! Your identity was being you! You lost nothing of yourself! " Spoke Howl. "And as for living arrangements! You will live with me and Calcifer! He needs company the poor sad excuse of a lump of coal."

"What?" Delacy mumbled choking on a hiccup.

"You'll live with me, as long as you need to. Maybe forever, if that is what you want." Smiled Howl, the familiar emotion of excitement bursting through him.

"Howl, I can't accept," Delacy answered moving away from him. Wrapping an arm around her middle she stared at her feet, the freshly polished black shoes that Howl had purchased for her. "You don't owe me anything, it's fine. I understand you lost control, it was your beast. Not you, I don't blame you. I don't want to be a burden to you."

Walking towards the woman, Howl places two fingers under her chin as he lifted her head to stare at her once pretty blue eyes. Delacy felt the hot air fan across her face when Howl breathes, but her mouth fell open by the close proximity Howl was to her. She watched as Howl begin to smile his coy smile.

"My dear, you'll never be a burden to me. Not today. Not ever." His eyes shined with so much emotion, that Delacy couldn't help but smile as tears entered her eyes, wiping them away she nodded her head. "Now, let's go home. I seem to have forgotten to give Calcifer more logs."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

323K 12.9K 27
What if before Sophie there was another? A girl cursed to become a doll within 4 months if her curse was not broken. In order to break it she seeks o...
71.7K 2.3K 16
"๐™Š๐™› ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ." Howl x Fem reader From a young age, you were taught magic. You had always been a loyal assistant...
103 5 7
Basically a Howl's Moving Castle adaption :P Meliodas is a man infamous for stealing young girl's hearts, hiding away in a moving castle that remains...
1.5K 34 12
this is Howls Moving Castle but Kerrigan is Sophie who'd a thought right? don't worry we will make one with (Y/N) as well but for now let Kerrigan ha...