The story of Thornwood valley

By Such_An_Almond

A new visitor would arrive in the Valley of Thornwood, a place known for creativity and relaxation as Almond... More

Chapter 1: The first brush
Chapter 2: apples and attics
Chapter3: Putting a sock in it
Chapter 4: Home sweet dome
Chapter 5: Hooves over matter
Chapter 7: The bright day
Chapter 8: Dirty hooves
Chapter 9: Cold kiss
Chapter 10:Day of the socks
Chapter 11: The Sock Festival
Chapter 12: Blossom ponds
Chapter 13: Shadowlings
Chapter 14: A shadow in the night
Chapter 15: A shadows secret

Chapter 6: A Mare named Sienna

10 0 0
By Such_An_Almond

The three of them would be approached by the intimidating mare, as she would stomp her hooves and give off a rather aggressive facial expression. Fruit cup backed away as he would cower behind the desk, as Hellebore would sit there with an irritated look as the mare would approach and come closer.

"Oi, you three...you sitting in MY seat!" She said, looking at them as she would pound her hoof over the table as Hellebore glared at her with fire in her eyes.

"What? how is this your seat? We literally got here to get something to relax with and YOU come here demanding us to move? There are literally four seats available..." Said Hellebore, standing her ground as she would huff and cross her hooves.

The three of them would look at the aggressive mare in front of them as she would occasionally look around to see the ponies in there to draw their attention to the scene. A majority of them would whisper amongst the tavern as the sound of the pianist would continue to play, looking over his shoulder to keep updated on what was going to happen.

"L-listen, we don't want any trouble...look why don't we just try and resolve this in a calm and-"Said Almond as he was interrupted by a hoof slamming on the table and a few gasps coming from the tavern.

"Listen ere' you little punks!... I suggest you find another seat otherwise I will leave marks on your faces. Now leave this seat otherwise hooves will start flying. Responded the mare, looking rather annoyed and wanted to get them out of her seat as soon as possible.

The mare was wearing an eye patch, along with a pink buttoned-up shirt with her hind legs, with what looked like slightly black boots for her hind hooves along with purple patterns on her boots. On her flank was a cutie mark, which resembled an open box, her hair as a crimson color with a golden earring on her left ear.

Almond, Hellebore, and Fruit cup got up from the seat as they would trot to another seat that was located to a small window, along with some flowers laying by the window. They sat there, looking over as they would see the mare sitting at the seat they were sitting in.

"what's her problem?" Asked Almond, looking at Hellebore as he would sit at his seat, stretching a bit.

"That's Sienna...She recently moved here to Thornwood after some major issue with her attitude...Something about "Finding herself in Thornwood" isn't exactly going well for her if she is going to act this way towards other ponies...I actually wonder what her deal is?" Hellebore responded, looking at Almond as she would sip at her drink. "Word has it she is like this because of some "Gang" she was in and that she got kicked out of it because of her being so aggressive..."

Fruit cup would occasionally look over his seat and peek at Sienna, as he saw her drink what looked like apple cider foaming by the mug as she took sip after sip, the waitress hesitantly trotting towards her with another drink as Sienna would grab it and gulp it down, seeming she was there to drown her sorrows or just there to forget about something. He could see her drinking with ease as she didn't show any signs of stopping, as she would then sway her head, giving the hint that she was slowly being affected by the drinks.

distant whispers could be heard as some of the ponies in the tavern made remarks towards the mare at the drunken mare. The pianist would continue to play his song and looking through the pages of the notes he would play, looking back and forth to know what was going on with his surroundings. Hours pass as the drunken mare would rest her head on the table and snore away, the ponies in the tavern would all continue their discussions, not batting an eye at her as they were just about done talking about her, the waitresses would avoid assisting her knowing her behavior was rather rash and aggressive.

The waitress would approach the three, wiping the table and taking the glasses and mugs on the plate, using her magic as the items would float in mid-air. and then turning around to face Sienna, as she would sigh.

"my....seems like she has had one too many drinks....poor little mare.." Said the waitress, looking back at the three as she would stand by and look over her shoulder to examine the drunken mare.

"Seems like she has some problems about something that's causing her to act out this way. Do you by any chance know what it is that might be bothering her?" Added Almond, looking at her as he would finish his drink, pushing it aside towards the waitress. "If you ask me, she could use some help..."

"Well, we tried, but it's no use trying to help her if she keeps lashing out at us like that. She comes here every once in a while to just drink whatever she can fill in that stomach of hers. If you ask me, If this continues, we have no choice but to just prevent her from coming here again..."

As the waitress said this, Sienna got up from the seat and brushed herself off with her hooves, looking around as the ponies around the tavern quickly turned around to not make it obvious that she was being watched. She would look around the tavern with an irritable look on her face, scanning the area as she drew her attention to the three sitting opposite side and glaring with a fire in her eyes as she would look at the three of them, getting out of her seat and trotting towards the waitress and the group that was sitting at the table. The waitress decided to trot towards the other table that needed assistance as Sienna came by the three of them, sighing and surprisingly placing her hooves gently on the table as she sat next to Fruit cup. Almond and Hellebore gave a concerned look as she did this, not expecting her to come over and sit with them. Fruit cup being the nervous bat-pony that he was, he decided to look out the window, trying his best to avoid any interaction with her, twidling his hooves and his heart beating a bit faster then it was originally.

"Look...I-I'm sorry about how I acted...I've just been stressed out and some few stuff that has been gnawing at my backside that I've just been here...trying to find a way to...whatever..." Said Sienna, looking at the floor as she would cross her hooves and looking towards Almond and Hellebore, leaving Fruit cup looking at her with a confused look on his face.

Hellebore would sigh, placing her hooves on the table as she would look directly at Sienna. Almond also looked at her, adjusting his hoodie as he would yawn. Fruit cup decided to look at the mare and sitting normally, putting his hood down as he would focus on what she wanted to say next.

"Yes, I know... I acted like a total  ass back there and...didn't know how to really "control" myself with my anger issues..."

"Hey, it's ok. We noticed how you acted out like that and we were wondering what was eating at you. Might I ask what exactly happened?" Asked Fruit cup with his eyes widened and adjusting his hair in the process, scooting close to her and tilting his head to meet her gaze.

Sienna turned her head to meet Fruit cup's gaze, giving a little chuckle as she would rest her head on the back of the seat. a few minutes pass as the three of them would sit idly by as they waited for her response, the atmosphere slowly starting to get calmer now that the drunken mare seemed to have calmed down. She sighed once more and looked at the three, rubbing her neck.

"It's...its a long story...I don't really want to talk about it..."

The silence grew as the four of them would all sit there, the hours pass by as the day was coming to a close and the few ponies that were once in the tavern left and paid for their drinks, leaving Almond to scoot over and trot over the counter, paying for the drinks that they've had. Sienna looked at Almond as he sat down, examining his clothing and overall just watched him as he moved about the tavern.

"Say, I don't think I've seen you around here...you also here to "find yourself" in Thornwood valley?" asked Sienna, giving a bit of a subtle chuckle and smiling a bit, seeming to cheer up a bit.

"Actually, I came here as I heard about this place and to also live somewhere for a while, seeing I am rather looking forward to meeting new ponies along the way. I'm guessing you are Sie-"

"yeah...that's me... The crazy mare that every pony talks about in this damn Tavern. Sienna's the name. I guess its n-nice to meet your acquaintance or...whatever...."

Almond and Hellebore would look at Sienna, her posture was a bit off as she would lay back on the seat with one hoof over the back of the chair. her facial expression stayed neutral as she would look at them, waiting for the next question.

"so what made you want to come here of all places, Sienna?" Asked Hellebore

"Heh...isn't it obvious? Most ponies here tend to have a drink or two to enjoy themselves after a long day of working their rears off. Hell, ponies like me come here to just drink for the sake of forgetting what happened earlier or to just pass out only to wake up on these tables. If I were to have the number of strikes to my name, I think I would've gone passed the third strike...Hahaha"

Sienna laughed, closing her eyes as she would rest her hooves on the table, moving her neck side to side as she would yawn as well. The other three would look at her in awe, thinking that she was a problematic mare, but was just here for the sake of just trying to forget about something that happened to her or whatever the case might be.

"I-I see...Well, we sure are pleased to have met you, Sienna. If anything I would assume we've gone off on the wrong hoof." Said Hellebore, reaching her hoof out to pat her shoulder. 

Sienna laid her one eye on her shoulder as she would gently brush it off, giving a little grunt as she would then decide to get up again, brushing her chest off.

"I suppose we have, but that doesn't mean I'll let it slide just because of you three are here and thinking that we are cool...I'm still ticked off as it is and talking to you three won't exactly help me feel any better. I'm outta here..."she trotted off to another direction, moving towards the exit as she would sway her tail and purposely stomp on the wooden floor to illustrate her frustration and annoyance as she would pass by a stallion, pushing him aside as she could be heard as her hooves would stomp on the ground and then slowly muffled as she would trot off in the distance.

 The day slowly came to a close, as the shining brightness of the sun would turn a slight orange. the bright colors of the sun now turned the evening into an orange like scenery, as the ponies in the tavern would leave the area one by one, leaving the three still sitting at their seat, hanging out and still drinking their beverages of choice. Once the last mug of the drink was done, they would exit the tavern, stretching their hooves as Fruit cup would lean on Almond's body, slightly closing his eyes as a few yawns escaped his mouth, exposing his fangs as he did so.

"Welp, I'd love to stay and hang out with you two, but I have to get going and get some rest. We should definitely do this again sometime~" Said Hellebore, a warm smile crossing her face as she would lightly tug at Almond's shoulder.

"Yeah, we should. It's getting late...take care of yourself, Hellebore" Said Almond, giving off a smile in response, trotting off to another direction, carrying the sleepy and tired bat pony.

The day finally had reached its end. The orange sky now filled with the dark blue night, the stars filling the night sky as Almond and Fruit cup would trot towards the house, Almond unlocking his door and the two would be as tired from trotting as they would yawn.

"So... you think you might ask that waitress out sometime?" Asked Almond, teasingly as he would enter the lounge to put Fruit cup on the couch, placing a blanket over him.

"w-what? i-i don't have an interest in the waitress...Plus, why are you bringing this up now? Fruit cup responded.

"oh you know....the fact that you DID look at that mare with a look in your eye"

"S-shuddup...she had something on her dress...it just...it just got my attention. That's all.."

Almond would trot towards the hallway, laughing to himself as he would blow out the candle and close all the windows, seeing that the wind blowing outside was giving off a chilling wave of the cold.Almond would reach his room, taking out a notepad, a few pencils, and other art supplies as he would sit on the chair, drawing a few illustrations and falling asleep on the table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29 2 2
After the royals of the land disappeared one by one, kingdoms and public affairs were left in the hooves of their living heirs. They must keep thing...
5.9K 134 7
Y/N was a boy who used to live on Earth with a loving family, but one day after a freak accident he finds himself alone in a world inhabitanted with...
2.9K 33 13
Y/n is base on Fluttershy but is a male .-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._. After everything Yuu been through, after fixing...
16.2K 509 9
(My Little Pony x Pokemon) A man by the name Tashi wishes for a new kind of life that soon becomes granted after dying in an accident. When he woke...